Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#96054 Aug 4, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
It worked for Socrates! I take it you are a Sophist no doubt?
Actually I'm a baritone.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#96055 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Dark is a condition that absorbs or is non reactive to EM.
So it can either signify the presence of something with those properties or the absence of anything with those properties.
So the answer is darkness is a description of the existence of these properties or a state specifically meeting those conditions.
I agree with your definition.

Now, let me bring you back to where we started...
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nothing can exist with out time."
Nothing you know of can anyway, but how do you know "nothing" can exist. And why would "nothing" need time to exist?
"Nothing can change with out time."
Bingo, nothing can happen that we can observe without an elapsed time counting it. But if time were frozen right now , for an instant does anything exist in the duration, within the instant of frozen time?
"Nothing can happen with out time."
Time was frozen for an instant, can time resume?
If it cannot , nothing will happen again, but does it still exist?
If time cannot resume after the instant, then nothing ever existed.
Q- Can "nothing" exist? Answer the questions The Almighty Tzar.
Can "nothing" exist? What is nothing? Can nothing begin?
Can nothing start?
So would you accept the following answer that you provided above?
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> NOTHING is a condition...
...the absence of anything with those properties.
So the answer is NOTHING is a description of the existence of a state specifically meeting those conditions.
Thoughts?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#96056 Aug 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your definition.
Now, let me bring you back to where we started...
<quoted text>
So would you accept the following answer that you provided above?
<quoted text>
Thoughts?
They are not related, you will have to be specific.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#96058 Aug 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your definition.
Now, let me bring you back to where we started...
<quoted text>
So would you accept the following answer that you provided above?
<quoted text>
Thoughts?
Darkness or dark is not describing a state of nothing, it is a condition that either does not react or absorbs photons, that means it can be empty space, or matter that is dark.
Empty space is not completely empty, but can lack sufficient matter to reflect or react with light.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#96059 Aug 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you define the term "information"?
I would define it as a departure from randomness and that is, put basically, how mathematicians and engineers understand it.

They can also see that an iterative process of random variation plus non random selectioncan result in an increase in information.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#96060 Aug 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
It worked for Socrates! I take it you are a Sophist no doubt?
Socrates asked the right questions.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#96061 Aug 5, 2013
And Aristotle asked even better ones.
headlines

AOL

#96062 Aug 5, 2013
.

VATICAN - ISRAEL Talks setting up 7 YR TRIB.

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#96063 Aug 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us start with (YOUR) definition for the term "information"
This is a very reasonable request.
I gave you all sorts of examples of information. If you want to get technical then Chimney1 gave a very good response to this not unreasonable request.

So my question still stands: What sort of information do you want?

I could tell you why, and this is a fact, or at least no creationist has been able to show that it is wrong, all scientific evidence supports the theory of evolution and none supports creationism. And I am ready to define scientific evidence. A very important concept since science is evidence based, not "proof" based.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#96064 Aug 5, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to catch you in the middle of a mindless, childish rant, but I am still waiting for you to explain where time comes from.

I am sure there is something out there for you to cut and paste on this thread.
I believe the question was posed to you!

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#96065 Aug 5, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>When did I say what I believe. I haven't made any such statement. So how is it you know what I believe. Oh, that is right. You assume and have absolute knowledge because of you belief system making you a superior person and better than those that disagree with you. I forgot.

In other words, you have nothing and haven't found anything to cut and paste.

Since you know what I believe and know with bothering to ask, why bother to ask me about time?
Nice post.......not! but we'll let it go for now dan.

Why ask you about time? Why because those that put all their faith in science usually don't know what they believe.

Do believe in the Big Bang?

Where according to dan did time come from?

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#96066 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You became sure of that when? This morning after copying and pasting ..

Considering String Theory's Setbacks - For Dummies

Or you were convinced all that sciency stuff was evil on Sunday mornings?

But now we must answer this question, If creation is impossible, then why do words appear in these little boxes and how do they get from one box to another. I'm gonna have to think about this for awhile.:/
You believe that if God created the universe man would not be able to build the Internet?

Bawhahaha. That's a good one LMAO!!

Dolt.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#96067 Aug 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>no time, no cause and effect. No cause and effect, no need for a "place" for time to "come from", a "being" to "create" it or a "cause" to "start" it. Your reasoning is stuck on and in time.
Time had to be the first thing to exist in the universe. Therefore your no cause falls flat.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#96068 Aug 5, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Correct. Evolution STARTS with the first life... it doesn't matter how that first life started.
Yes I know it's correct that's why I posted it. Da!

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#96069 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>"Nothing can exist with out time."

Nothing you know of can anyway, but how do you know "nothing" can exist. And why would "nothing" need time to exist?

"Nothing can change with out time."

Bingo, nothing can happen that we can observe without an elapsed time counting it. But if time were frozen right now , for an instant does anything exist in the duration, within the instant of frozen time?

"Nothing can happen with out time."

Time was frozen for an instant, can time resume?
If it cannot , nothing will happen again, but does it still exist?
If time cannot resume after the instant, then nothing ever existed.

Q- Can "nothing" exist? Answer the questions The Almighty Tzar.

Can "nothing" exist? What is nothing? Can nothing begin?
Can nothing start?
Do you know of something that exist with out time?

Do you know of Time ever stopping?

Do you know if Time can or did start itself?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#96070 Aug 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am ready to define scientific evidence. A very important concept since science is evidence based, not "proof" based.
Great, please define...and could you provide an example of scientific evidence for the number 5?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#96071 Aug 5, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know of something that exist with out time?
Do you know of Time ever stopping?
Do you know if Time can or did start itself?

Time can be stopped, photons do it to exist.
Black holes do it with gravity.
"We" couldn't do it physically yet, but it happens.
That's where you are confused with the big bang,
to massless energy time has no meaning.

Now answer the questions.
Can nothing exist?
Can nothing start?
When ever did nothing exist?
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96072 Aug 5, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Time had to be the first thing to exist in the universe. Therefore your no cause falls flat.
Yes time had to be there before anything else got a start.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96073 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Time can be stopped, photons do it to exist.
Black holes do it with gravity.
"We" couldn't do it physically yet, but it happens.
That's where you are confused with the big bang,
to massless energy time has no meaning.
Now answer the questions.
Can nothing exist?
Can nothing start?
When ever did nothing exist?
Photons are always traveling the speed of light. Light(in a vacuum) is always traveling at the speed of light, neither takes stops for breaks or rest. Both have zero mass but neither stop nor stop time. So to say either stops time would create a paradox.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96074 Aug 5, 2013
To say a black hole stops time is fiction. A black hole is globe or ball shaped. Anyone or anything that gets near a black hole ends up like a bug on a windshield. Whether a black hole's gravity field can alter time is theory. There is no real evidence that time stops in a black hole for all that enters it, is gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min -Lea- 21,336
Who do you trust on offbeat ? (Sep '12) 5 min honeymylove 210
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min CJ Rocker 147,605
Jeff Goldbluma s bizarre new lightbulb ad 17 min The Fly 2
If you could have anything to eat right now, Wh... 17 min Wolftracks 109
A six word game (Dec '08) 29 min Parden Pard 17,618
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 33 min Parden Pard 3,401
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 35 min My location Show 6,368
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 46 min Parden Pard 8
Official: Oklahoma beheading suspect a bit 'weird' 54 min Streetrunner 33

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE