Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#95988 Aug 3, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>"Remember everything was created first..." is a claim in bible but now disproved. You are taking everything in bible quite literarily. you are at liberty to believe anything at all but then you are wrong to tell us that it is the "truth" from creator.
Really? You have disproven creation?

Where did time come from?
Level 1

Location hidden

#95989 Aug 3, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>The Theory of Evolution is NOT the explanation of the origin of life, moron! It is the explanation of the DIVERSITY of life!

If you want to argue against something, shouldn't you at least know what the f*ck you're arguing against!???

You guys are hilarious! You want to debate subjects (religion -v- science) yet you barely have a grip on YOUR side of the argument while knowing virtually nothing of the science you attempt to argue against that doesn't come from a religious apologetic site! And you wonder why we think you're morons!??
You are wrong, evolution starts with the first life form to today, I would call that a pretty complete tale of the origin of life on this planet.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#95990 Aug 3, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong, evolution starts with the first life form to today, I would call that a pretty complete tale of the origin of life on this planet.
Read what you just wrote....because it was actually correct.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong, evolution starts with the first life form to today...
Note that you said "...STARTS with the first life form...", not that evolution LEADS UP TO the first life form.

Evolution began when the first living organism began.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#95991 Aug 3, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what you just wrote....because it was actually correct.
<quoted text>
Note that you said "...STARTS with the first life form...", not that evolution LEADS UP TO the first life form.
You have trapped him with facts. The only response you have left him with when cornered is to ask you where time comes from.

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95992 Aug 3, 2013
MIDutch wrote:

That guy is a monster, he petitioned them for a warrant, but has not gotten one.

About the ICC.
Are there other dissenters?

Yes, a number of important countries seem determined not to submit to the jurisdiction of the ICC.
Some have not even signed the treaty, such as China, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, and Turkey.

Others have signed but remain dubious and have not ratified, for example, Egypt, Iran, Israel and Russia.
It is unlikely that alleged crimes against humanity in those states will be prosecuted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-11809908

About Frances Boyle

Boyle was a harsh critic of the foreign policy of former American President George W. Bush. In 2007 Boyle denounced the "ongoing criminal activities perpetrated by the Bush Jr. administration and its nefarious foreign accomplices in allied governments such as in Britain, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Georgia, etc." He also claimed that the Bush administration "would welcome the outbreak of a Third World War" and "is fully prepared to use tactical nuclear weapons against Muslim and Arab states and peoples." He also claimed that American treatment of Muslims and Arabs since the attacks of September 11, 2001 is "almost to the same extent that America inflicted upon the Japanese and Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor." He concluded his speech by calling on American lawyers to "lead the fight against the Bush Jr. dictatorship."[5]

Boyle has requested that the International Criminal Court Prosecutor obtain International Arrest Warrants for George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, George Tenet, Condoleezza Rice, and Alberto Gonzales.[6]
Federal Government of the United States

In October 1992 Boyle participated in the International Tribunal of Indigenous Peoples and Oppressed Nationalities in the United States of America that convened in San Francisco. Boyle, acting as a "Special Prosecutor," petitioned the Tribunal to issue the following:

"An Order proscribing the Federal Government of the United States of America as an International Criminal Conspiracy and a Criminal organization under the Nuremberg Charter, Judgment, and Principles;" and
"an Order dissolving the Federal Government of the United States of America as a legal and political entity."

In the conclusion of a 37-point legal brief, Boyle proclaimed that:

"[the Federal Government of the United States] is hostis humani generis: The enemy of all humankind! For the good of all humanity, this Tribunal must condemn and repudiate the Federal Government of the United States of America and its grotesque vision of a New World Order that is constructed upon warfare, bloodshed, violence, criminality, genocide, racism, colonialism, apartheid, massive violations of fundamental human rights, and the denial of the international legal right of self-determination to the Indigenous Peoples and Peoples of Color living in North America and elsewhere around the world."

He is a nut job And none of the most power nations on Earth recognize the ICC, but it is a symbolic protest.
No country is going to try and arrest any of them though.
You can try and find any warrant issued here but I couldn't find one though I did go through all the pages of them.

http://www.icc-cpi.int/EN_Menus/ICC/Pages/def...

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95993 Aug 3, 2013
SEEK TRUTH wrote:
Revelation 12 The Woman Persecuted
13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted
the woman who gave birth to the MALE Child. 14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. 15 So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood.
16 But the EARTH helped the woman,(EARTHQUAKES)
and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman,
and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of GOD AND have the testimony of JESUS Christ.
You have too much time on your hands
Level 1

Location hidden

#95994 Aug 3, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>Read what you just wrote....because it was actually correct.

The Almighty Tzar wrote, "<quoted text>
You are wrong, evolution starts with the first life form to today... "

Yup I know what I said.

Evolution deals with every life form that ever lived on the planet from the first to the last.

I'm quite aware that evolution does not deal with the goo puddle and lighting that created Frankencell. But science does.
Level 1

Location hidden

#95995 Aug 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You have trapped him with facts. The only response you have left him with when cornered is to ask you where time comes from.
Trapped me! LOL

He simple quoted what I said.

And dan you're so sure of your believes just answer my question, where did time come from?

Orlando

#95996 Aug 3, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup I know what I said.
Evolution deals with every life form that ever lived on the planet from the first to the last.
I'm quite aware that evolution does not deal with the goo puddle and lighting that created Frankencell. But science does.
Imagine my confusion then when TerryL said:

Post # 95989

TerryL wrote:

"The Theory of Evolution is NOT the explanation of the origin of life, moron! It is the explanation of the DIVERSITY of life!"

and you replied with...
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Level 1

Location hidden

#95997 Aug 3, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine my confusion then when TerryL said:

Post # 95989

TerryL wrote:

"The Theory of Evolution is NOT the explanation of the origin of life, moron! It is the explanation of the DIVERSITY of life!"

and you replied with...

The Almighty Tzar wrote, "<quoted text>
You are wrong, evolution starts with the first life form to today, I would call that a pretty complete tale of the origin of life on this planet. "
And evolution dealing with every life form that ever existed is not a pretty complete tale of the origin of all of earth life? Oh I see you're hung up on Frankencell. Well that along with Macro evolution Is a myth.

No need being confused any longer.

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95998 Aug 3, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
And evolution dealing with every life form that ever existed is not a pretty complete tale of the origin of all of earth life? Oh I see you're hung up on Frankencell. Well that along with Macro evolution Is a myth.
Time and Frankencell are hiding from you. In the place they came from. lol

Orlando

#95999 Aug 3, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya see?

There you go again. Just when we thought you had it correct.

Evolution does not start until the first living organism.

NOT in the development of that organism, but AFTER that critter got going!
Level 1

Location hidden

#96000 Aug 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Time and Frankencell are hiding from you. In the place they came from. lol
LOL

:-)
Level 1

Location hidden

#96001 Aug 3, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>Ya see?

There you go again. Just when we thought you had it correct.

Evolution does not start until the first living organism.

NOT in the development of that organism, but AFTER that critter got going!
I said evolution deals with the first life form and all life forms. I did not claim it dealt with the creation of Frankencell.
Just starting with Frankencell.

Don't get so confused.

"Science" not the myth evolution, does deal with the creation of Frankencell.

Got it?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#96002 Aug 3, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I said evolution deals with the first life form and all life forms. I did not claim it dealt with the creation of Frankencell.
Just starting with Frankencell.
Don't get so confused.
"Science" not the myth evolution, does deal with the creation of Frankencell.
Got it?
Still wrong.

Abiogenesis is a heavily researched topic today.

You really don't understand science at all, do you?
Level 1

Location hidden

#96003 Aug 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Still wrong.

Abiogenesis is a heavily researched topic today.

You really don't understand science at all, do you?
Nope, i'm still correct.

"Abiogenesis is a heavily researched topic today."

So?
Is it part of Science?

Wow you're dense.

"Abiogenesis (/ˌeɪbaɪ.ɵˈdʒɛnɨsɪs/ ay-by-oh-jen-ə-siss[1]) or biopoiesis is a natural process by which life arises from simple organic compounds.[2][3][4][5] The earliest life on Earth existed at least 3.5 billion years ago,[6][7][8] during the Eoarchean Era when sufficient crust had solidified following the molten Hadean Eon.

Scientific hypotheses about the origins of life may be divided into several categories. Most approaches investigate how self-replicating molecules or their components came into existence.

See it's called Science!!

Wow just like I said.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#96004 Aug 3, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Trapped me! LOL
He simple quoted what I said.
And dan you're so sure of your believes just answer my question, where did time come from?
If you think you know the answer to your tell question, then give it or shut up.

I'm waiting.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#96005 Aug 3, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, i'm still correct.
"Abiogenesis is a heavily researched topic today."
So?
Is it part of Science?
Wow you're dense.
"Abiogenesis (/ˌeɪbaɪ.ɵˈdʒɛnɨsɪs/ ay-by-oh-jen-ə-siss[1]) or biopoiesis is a natural process by which life arises from simple organic compounds.[2][3][4][5] The earliest life on Earth existed at least 3.5 billion years ago,[6][7][8] during the Eoarchean Era when sufficient crust had solidified following the molten Hadean Eon.
Scientific hypotheses about the origins of life may be divided into several categories. Most approaches investigate how self-replicating molecules or their components came into existence.
See it's called Science!!
Wow just like I said.
So then I guess for you Science bad. Any old random thing some fundamentalist religious group says, good.

Gotcha.

Still waiting to hear your answer on that time thing.
Truefreedom

Anchorage, AK

#96006 Aug 3, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Oh hey, "prof". What's the "scientific theory" of ID/Creationism again?
Thought so.
You can run away again now.
Scientific Theory is just that, a theory. No matter how conclusive you attempt to make it, it is still a theory. Just saying...

By the way, the creator of The Big Bang Theory was a priest.

Level 7

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#96007 Aug 4, 2013
Truefreedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific Theory is just that, a theory. No matter how conclusive you attempt to make it, it is still a theory. Just saying...
Do you believe that Germ Theory is going to be reversed at any point?
Do you believe that Gravitation Theory is going to be reverse at any point?
Do you believe that the Thermodynamic Theory is going to be reverse at any point?

"Still a theory" implies that it is an unfounded guess.

That's not the case. A scientific theory unifies existing evidence and mechanisms and makes accurate predictions about future evidence.

There has never, in the history of science, been a more comprehensive and effective theory than Evolution.

Nothing anywhere even comes close.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10-foot, 300-pound metal rooster goes missing i... 2 min Observer 6
News Strange glowing orbs spotted in sky near Guelph (Jun '14) 5 min Observer 11
News Police: Idaho man calls 911 a dozen times about... 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 3
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr andet1987 31,555
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 56,365
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 159,954
News James Franco Says He and Selena Gomez Had a "Ba... 1 hr andet1987 7
motorcycle traveling stories 2 hr Beautiful Black M... 35
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 3 hr Beautiful Black M... 251
Word Association (Jun '10) 3 hr Mega Monster 27,013
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 3 hr David0407 8,237
More from around the web