Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95950 Aug 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so pagans don't believe in any gods? that is not what the definition of paganism is...
are you sure you know what is is you really believe in?
I do know. However because we are not boxed into a religion you don't know. Being a Pagan means different things to different people. As does atheism. For whatever reason the Atheist that chat online do not respect that. They don believe ANYTHING anyone tells them. They are just a weird crowd. I think of them as drones.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95951 Aug 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, christian fundamentalism is dead flesh...as are all the other religious cults...
You say that but no way do they spend as much time on it as you guys do here online. You guys do scare me more than they do.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95952 Aug 2, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
As in this:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...
A 2010 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that is atheists at about 2.0%.
Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.
Sociologist Philip Schwadel found that higher levels of education are associated with increased religious participation and religious practice in daily life.
According to a 2012 report by the Pew Research Center, people describing themselves as "atheist" were 2% of the total population in the US.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_o...
According to the International Bulletin of Missionary Research, an academic journal, "about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day."
Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population
While there are more atheists than ever before as global population continually increases, the atheist percentage of the total population seem to be declining
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religi...
Sources outside of Wikipedia give differing estimates:
The CIA's World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, atheists 2.01%
persecution. A 2006 study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities,
In 2012, an article entitled Atheism in decline by Nigel Tomes declared:
In 1970 atheists (those avowing there is no God) numbered 166 million worldwide; that was almost one-in-twenty—4.5% of the globe’s population. By 2012 atheists’ number is estimated at 137 million. That’s a decline of almost 30 million. Since world population is growing, atheists’ share declined to less than one-in-fifty—under 2% in 2012. Put differently, every 24 hours there are 800 fewer atheists in the world! Atheism is in decline.
Interesting post. I think the online atheist are correct about the raise in The Western World, but the greater sink in places like the former Soviet Union is why cause for the falling of Atheist stats. If China gets religious freedom. The atheist numbers will take a great sink. I consider the Western and Eastern two different sorts. Overall I do think the Atheist numbers in the West will also go down in the future.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#95953 Aug 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Actually I'm serious , they were like 40 year old TV broadcasts, I just added the stupid to it lol.
Yes and SETI were ware of that and had procedures in place for that eventuality

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95954 Aug 2, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody likes a whiner.
Don't be so hard on yourself.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#95955 Aug 2, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Evolution contradict the Bible?
Is it possible to believe in evolution and still be a Christian? If being a Christian means believing that the Bible is the authentic, trustworthy Word of God and that Christ is our Creator and Savior, the answer is “No.” One cannot believe these things and also believe in evolution as the explanation for the origin of life on our earth as we know it.
The Theory of Evolution is NOT the explanation of the origin of life, moron! It is the explanation of the DIVERSITY of life!

If you want to argue against something, shouldn't you at least know what the f*ck you're arguing against!???

You guys are hilarious! You want to debate subjects (religion -v- science) yet you barely have a grip on YOUR side of the argument while knowing virtually nothing of the science you attempt to argue against that doesn't come from a religious apologetic site! And you wonder why we think you're morons!??

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#95956 Aug 2, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a traditional explosion? an atomic bomb? An explosion is an explosion whether we're talking about fission or fusion of atoms. It is clear that the theory of big bang implies some type of explosion.
Even the sun at this stage experience a type of explosion in its atmosphere. We call it solar storm or solar flare.
According to scientists, new elements are produced via nuclear reaction in the stars called nucleosynthesis. We have a technical term for that, we call it star dust. ;-)
In an explosion, a chunck of something expands rapidly into an existing space.

The big bang was an unfolding of the space itself. Its something very different. There was no "space" outside of the event where you could conceivably stand and watch it happen.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#95957 Aug 2, 2013
berserker wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an (alternitive) It is clearly written in several ancient writings that the star people, sky beings, gods came down and geneticaly altered what ever form of subhuman existed at the time to be smart enough to mine gold for them.
So you take your science understanding from Battlefield Earth by L Ron Hubbard.

Enough said.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#95958 Aug 2, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>The Theory of Evolution is NOT the explanation of the origin of life, moron! It is the explanation of the DIVERSITY of life!
If you want to argue against something, shouldn't you at least know what the f*ck you're arguing against!???
You guys are hilarious! You want to debate subjects (religion -v- science) yet you barely have a grip on YOUR side of the argument while knowing virtually nothing of the science you attempt to argue against that doesn't come from a religious apologetic site! And you wonder why we think you're morons!??
Yes byt the diversity from original micro organism by the side of volcanic regions in the oceans.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#95959 Aug 2, 2013
-----Surveillance critics face Obama in Oval Office
Full story: Yahoo!
Struggling to salvage a massive surveillance program, President Barack Obama faced congressional critics of the National Security Agency's collection of Americans' telephone records Thursday as snowballing concerns made new limitations on the intelligence effort appear increasingly likely.----

When in old times, Kings and Hitlter gave no civil rights to people, people should have more civil liberty in modern times in comparison to the old past.

Yet, Obama is the worst of all time, by acting as the tyrant as neo-Hitler of using repressive massive surveillance of masses by massively destruction of civil liberty of masses at all time high, by committing genocide of basic human rights needs of US public, as not going forward but backward.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95960 Aug 2, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>The Theory of Evolution is NOT the explanation of the origin of life, moron! It is the explanation of the DIVERSITY of life!
If you want to argue against something, shouldn't you at least know what the f*ck you're arguing against!???
You guys are hilarious! You want to debate subjects (religion -v- science) yet you barely have a grip on YOUR side of the argument while knowing virtually nothing of the science you attempt to argue against that doesn't come from a religious apologetic site! And you wonder why we think you're morons!??
This post displays that you have issues, we are all aloud to post our opinions here. You will never be able to control human thoughts get use to it.
headlinesPhotos

AOL

#95961 Aug 2, 2013
.

ANTICHRIST ...on world stage



.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#95962 Aug 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
This post displays that you have issues, we are all aloud to post our opinions here. You will never be able to control human thoughts get use to it.
LOL! So you believe complete ignorance of a subject being "debated" is a valid way to argue??? Too funny!
MIDutch

Clinton Township, MI

#95963 Aug 2, 2013
JBH wrote:
-----Surveillance critics face Obama in Oval Office
Full story: Yahoo!
Struggling to salvage a massive surveillance program, President Barack Obama faced congressional critics of the National Security Agency's collection of Americans' telephone records Thursday as snowballing concerns made new limitations on the intelligence effort appear increasingly likely.----
When in old times, Kings and Hitlter gave no civil rights to people, people should have more civil liberty in modern times in comparison to the old past.
Yet, Obama is the worst of all time, by acting as the tyrant as neo-Hitler of using repressive massive surveillance of masses by massively destruction of civil liberty of masses at all time high, by committing genocide of basic human rights needs of US public, as not going forward but backward.
Uh, the NSA was formed out of the Patriot Act under George WMD Bush. Bush also gutted habeas corpus, the Geneva convention and vast tracts of international law, and is directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of US citizens and tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of Iraqi citizens.

If Obama is the worst tyrant of all time, what does that make Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc. who are UNABLE to step outside of the borders of the United States for fear of being arrested for crimes against humanity.(FYI they almost got Rumsfeld in France in 2007).

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95964 Aug 2, 2013
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, the NSA was formed out of the Patriot Act under George WMD Bush. Bush also gutted habeas corpus, the Geneva convention and vast tracts of international law, and is directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of US citizens and tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of Iraqi citizens.
If Obama is the worst tyrant of all time, what does that make Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc. who are UNABLE to step outside of the borders of the United States for fear of being arrested for crimes against humanity.(FYI they almost got Rumsfeld in France in 2007).
Obama is no better, he is using dirty politics and has made the HS and the IRS like his gestapo. But the rumors about Rumsfeld are bunk. He had protestors but has not been charged, he was unsuccessfully charged by the ACLU and Human Rights First where the Judge said that Rumsfeld could not "be held personally responsible for actions taken in connection with his government job". He did however admit that the tortures happen on his watch and he resigned.
MIDutch

Clinton Township, MI

#95965 Aug 2, 2013
JBH wrote:
Obama is the worst of all time, by acting as the tyrant as neo-Hitler of using repressive massive surveillance of masses by massively destruction of civil liberty
And yet you can worship in whatever church you choose to.

You can read whatever newspapers you want to.

You can travel all over the country with NO restrictions.

You can get any education your intelligence and intellect is capable of.

You can make as much money as your skills and aptitude will allow.

You can join any political party you choose to.

You can (almost) marry anyone you want to.

You can, dependent on your income level, live wherever you want.

You can talk to anyone you want.

You can own a mini-arsenal if you want.

You can do pretty much do anything that want to within the legal, social and cultural constraints of our society.

NONE of that has changed under Obama.
MIDutch

Clinton Township, MI

#95966 Aug 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Obama is no better, he is using dirty politics and has made the HS and the IRS like his gestapo. But the rumors about Rumsfeld are bunk. He had protestors but has not been charged, he was unsuccessfully charged by the ACLU and Human Rights First where the Judge said that Rumsfeld could not "be held personally responsible for actions taken in connection with his government job". He did however admit that the tortures happen on his watch and he resigned.
If Rumsfeld were "innocent" why did the State Department whisk him out of France under cover of darkness on a CIA jet, through Germany and back to the US post haste. As for it being bunk, there are arrest warrants for Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc. waiting in Den Hague.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95967 Aug 2, 2013
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>If Rumsfeld were "innocent" why did the State Department whisk him out of France under cover of darkness on a CIA jet, through Germany and back to the US post haste. As for it being bunk, there are arrest warrants for Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc. waiting in Den Hague.
Because there were large crowds chanting hate to him calling him a murderer and torturer etc. They probably felt he was in danger. If you read the stories you can read the bull is piled on high.

Anti-torture protesters in France believe

unconfirmed reports coming from Paris suggest.

Status

After the complaint was dismissed in November 2007, CCR appealed the decision to the General Prosecutor of Paris, who, on February 27, 2008, dismissed it arguing that Rumsfeld was immune for acts he accomplished while in office.

http://www.ccrjustice.org/ourcases/current-ca...
MIDutch

Clinton Township, MI

#95968 Aug 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Because there were large crowds chanting hate to him calling him a murderer and torturer etc. They probably felt he was in danger. If you read the stories you can read the bull is piled on high.
Anti-torture protesters in France believe
unconfirmed reports coming from Paris suggest.
Status
After the complaint was dismissed in November 2007, CCR appealed the decision to the General Prosecutor of Paris, who, on February 27, 2008, dismissed it arguing that Rumsfeld was immune for acts he accomplished while in office.
http://www.ccrjustice.org/ourcases/current-ca...
I actually read the Dutch reports of the incident (which I trust a whole lot more than your sources).
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#95969 Aug 2, 2013
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you can worship in whatever church you choose to.
You can read whatever newspapers you want to.
You can travel all over the country with NO restrictions.
You can get any education your intelligence and intellect is capable of.
You can make as much money as your skills and aptitude will allow.
You can join any political party you choose to.
You can (almost) marry anyone you want to.
You can, dependent on your income level, live wherever you want.
You can talk to anyone you want.
You can own a mini-arsenal if you want.
You can do pretty much do anything that want to within the legal, social and cultural constraints of our society.
NONE of that has changed under Obama.
====
WHEN THE WORLD MOVES ON AND MORE POPULATIONS GROW, THERE WILL BE MORE ATHEISTS growing, yet the people who are still religious will also be there existing, that religions will never disappear.
The conflicts based on religion differences are there, as whether are substantial in current times, will be based on rules, such as universal rules.
This calls concerning the aspects as you said it--would there be someone new like Obama by doing some new things?
That is it-- Obama changes nothing since Bush stated that Patriot Act, yet Obama would do more of it and expanded snooping programs as the tyrant Obama. He did more of hacking and false acts more than Bush and Cheney. Therefore, one can't distinguish who is the worse evil, Bush or Obama.
As Bush is wanted by world public as a war criminal, however, Obama has NOT BEEN CHARGED AS SUCH YET.
That says Obama is the worst of all time because he over-does more than Bush on Patriot act not started by him, by acting as the tyrant as neo-Hitler of using repressive surveillance by massively destructing of civil liberty at all time high, against basic human rights needs of US public.
He is no progressive man thus as same as another neo-con like Bush , by demonstrating not going forward but backward in his snooping acts so far, as the worst of all time .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 min Old Sam 7,552
Letter W.. (Dec '13) 5 min Old Sam 1,013
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 6 min -Lea- 45
True or False Game 6 min Old Sam 1,251
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 8 min quetzalcoatl 207
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 9 min Old Sam 6,859
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 11 min Old Sam 240
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 22 min Sweepyface 126
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 44 min Radical Miracle 25,637
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 152,441
More from around the web