Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,532)

Showing posts 90,621 - 90,640 of112,790
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No you try to simplify it because you're unable to explain what you mean.
I simply pointed out the different types of explosion that occurs in the universe, so I wasn't specifically referring to one type of explosion. Please, you're going to attempt to explain physics, then you would already understand that explosions is a common phenomena in the universe no matter what kind.
no, no, no...

you compared the big bang to stars exploding and fusion is stars. i can copy and paste the post if you want.

i clearly pointed out these phenomenom have nothing to do with the expansion of the universe.

perhaps if you want to talk about physics, you should have at least a third grade level understanding of them...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Some scientists believe that both explosion and expansion of the universe are real.
which ones, and what facts do they use to back up this belief?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No you thought explosions have to be gigantic in size like your ass.
yeah...quite obvious from my pictures that i am not of the body type to have a big ass...

you never have been too concerned with factual logic...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, no, no...
you compared the big bang to stars exploding and fusion is stars. i can copy and paste the post if you want.
i clearly pointed out these phenomenom have nothing to do with the expansion of the universe.
perhaps if you want to talk about physics, you should have at least a third grade level understanding of them...
No you said, "who said anything about explosion"

You're a LIAR. You take credit for other people's explanation and you do it all the time. You clearly stated that there was no explosion in the time of big bang.

The reason why I disagreed with that is because in the early stages of big bang when hydrogen was formed, it converted to other heavier elements by fusion.

Do you know how this happened in the sun before planets existed?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, no, no...

Now you're twisting your words. What a liar.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no-one says there was an explosion, except people that don't understand the big bang theory...
^this is what you said.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No you said, "who said anything about explosion"
You're a LIAR. You take credit for other people's explanation and you do it all the time. You clearly stated that there was no explosion in the time of big bang.
The reason why I disagreed with that is because in the early stages of big bang when hydrogen was formed, it converted to other heavier elements by fusion.
Do you know how this happened in the sun before planets existed?
there was no explosion.

hydrogen only formed into heavier elements when the first stars were formed which was not early after the expansion of the big bang...

again, you should learn about what you are attempting to comment on before hitting the post button...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
^this is what you said.
yes, and it is a true and factual statement.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're twisting your words. What a liar.
not at all. it was you that brought the explosion of stars and nuclear fusion into a discussion where they do not belong...

again pointing out you lacking of understanding the topic you attempting to comment on.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sub, these are not MY numbers these number are from the CIA (central intelligent agency) and by Encyclopedia Britannica and Pew Research Center.
There is nothing wrong with these numbers other then they deflate your ego.
2%. That's it, that's all the atheist can claim out of the whole worlds population 2%.
I seriously doubt if those figures are from the "CIA". That is not the sort of intelligence that they gather. And your figures are way off. A more recent, more thorough, and more accurate poll puts the U.S. rate of atheism at 5% and the Global percentage at 13%:

http://www.wingia.com/web/files/news/14/file/...

Read it and weep.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup
It's the get a life crowd (atheist) vs has life after life crowed.
IMO, well put and brilliant. Understand, when I make my statements, if you were to honestly look around. Atheist do overwhelmingly out post the Political Junkie. I think all could agree that group does need to get a life. Combining being atheist and a political junkie. That is just a total misfit. And I know Atheist that do agree with that.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there was no explosion.
hydrogen only formed into heavier elements when the first stars were formed which was not early after the expansion of the big bang...
again, you should learn about what you are attempting to comment on before hitting the post button...
Explain the term "expansion of big bang."

What I'm trying to explain is how early forms of gases created other forms of matter. Without any type of "reaction" it would not create other elements. Please explain how heavier elements were formed if there were not any type of explosion? Hydrogen is highly reactive element, FYI.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how is paganism not religious?
most people that say they are not religious mean they do not participate in any organized religious cult, but their ideas of their god are taken directly from one of those cults.
examples of this abound on these pages in people like almighty tzar...they claim to not belong to a religious cult, yet they spew the cult rhetoric and the bible to no end...
I have read in dictionaries that would give you four different definitions of Pagan that comes right out and say not belonging to a religion. Your dictionary might say a group of believers that excludes the following religions. Form there post a few more popular religions. In some chats the question comes when do Wiccans leave paganism?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, well put and brilliant. Understand, when I make my statements, if you were to honestly look around. Atheist do overwhelmingly out post the Political Junkie. I think all could agree that group does need to get a life. Combining being atheist and a political junkie. That is just a total misfit. And I know Atheist that do agree with that.
not well put. there is absolutely not one teensy shred of evidence of any life after death. not one shred of evidence to support the concept of a soul or spirit. just religious cults preying on many peoples' greatest fear to gather them into their cult...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, and it is a true and factual statement.
You hardly know the facts. You just demonstrated your lack of understanding by twisting your own words.

I did not. You assumed the word "explosion" was about some type of fission or fusion and that is what I responded to, until someone else explained another meaning of it. I however, just trying to explanation both definitions. comprende?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Evolution contradict the Bible?
Is it possible to believe in evolution and still be a Christian? If being a Christian means believing that the Bible is the authentic, trustworthy Word of God and that Christ is our Creator and Savior, the answer is “No.” One cannot believe these things and also believe in evolution as the explanation for the origin of life on our earth as we know it.
But no one believes all of the Bible. Not even you.

So realizing that fairy tales are not true should not keep you from being a Christian. In fact worldwide most Christians do accept the theory of evolution.

What parts of the Bible don't you believe in?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read in dictionaries that would give you four different definitions of Pagan that comes right out and say not belonging to a religion. Your dictionary might say a group of believers that excludes the following religions. Form there post a few more popular religions. In some chats the question comes when do Wiccans leave paganism?
so pagans don't believe in any gods? that is not what the definition of paganism is...

are you sure you know what is is you really believe in?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain the term "expansion of big bang."
What I'm trying to explain is how early forms of gases created other forms of matter. Without any type of "reaction" it would not create other elements. Please explain how heavier elements were formed if there were not any type of explosion? Hydrogen is highly reactive element, FYI.
the expansion of everything in our universe from the original singularity.

heavier elements were formed in stars via nuclear fusion, as i clearly stated previously in very simple, easy to understand language.

you seem to have an inability to read simple, easy to understand language.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You hardly know the facts. You just demonstrated your lack of understanding by twisting your own words.
I did not. You assumed the word "explosion" was about some type of fission or fusion and that is what I responded to, until someone else explained another meaning of it. I however, just trying to explanation both definitions. comprende?
you are the one that brought fusion and exploding stars into the conversation, dear!

man, you can't even keep your own bullshit straight, can you?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
But no one believes all of the Bible. Not even you.
So realizing that fairy tales are not true should not keep you from being a Christian. In fact worldwide most Christians do accept the theory of evolution.
What parts of the Bible don't you believe in?
Everything between,

In the beginning.....and....amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,621 - 90,640 of112,790
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

210 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 min -Lea- 14,843
what are you eatin'? (Mar '13) 3 min curiouslu 2,377
Good Night Thread... (Nov '12) 5 min honeymylove 925
What do you still have? (Oct '10) 12 min _Word_Woman_ 1,060
LOVE and OTHER BRUISES (Apr '12) 27 min Ozzie 1,251
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 36 min pizzed 6,785
Marine Biologist: 6th-Grader Stole My Idea 36 min Instigator 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Ozzie 141,208
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 3 hr Maverick 808 15,586