Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#95925 Aug 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty cool
Interesting isn't it

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95926 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how the universe expands then.
Here's a video, if you notice even in the atomic level, an explosion occurs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yTkojROg-t8XX
It ate too many donuts.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#95927 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It ate too many donuts.
and pop corn.

kids next door are playing with firecrackers right now!

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#95928 Aug 1, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
To be frank, your answers remind me of Atty Gen. Holder on the congressional witness stand when asked when he first learned of the 'Fast and Furious' operation. He responded; "I don't understand the question".
You are still avoiding the question concerning obvious failures of logic dealing with complexity and perfect molecular efficiency of the cell, showing convergent and common design from the very first bacteria on for supposedly 3.6 billion years. DNA for particular "kinds" have boundaries, the study I linked has finally locked your side out of its last and futile 'mutation' argument against ID in explaining life. A 3 dimensional code requires intelligence.
I wonder how many "possibly yes, possibly no" statements by Dr. Patterson were "edited" out of his last edition. It was his favorite comment on evolution.
http://www.garvan.org.au/news-events/news/the...
To be frank, I find a person that would knowingly misrepresent a dead man, to be lowlife coward. Any other defenseless people you want to exploit? I hope you haven't tried your hand with children.

I am not avoiding any questions, since none were asked. I have responded to a completely misleading attack on the words of man no longer alive and capable of defending himself from self serving cowards. However, and this is completely clear, he defended himself from your type vigorously when alive.

I am not surprised how you end your post with another slimy attack on a defenseless person. He wrote two books and numerous papers about evolution and spared no effort since that 1981 meeting in making his true position supporting evolution known. Surfing this wave of lies and intellectual brutality is the action of a foul, scare, little coward and not that of an honest Christian.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#95929 Aug 1, 2013
BREAK TIME.. GEt your FOZZILIZED RED HOTS... RIGHT HERE!!!

Level 8

Location hidden

#95930 Aug 1, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
BREAK TIME.. GEt your FOZZILIZED RED HOTS... RIGHT HERE!!!
Yer boobs are fossilized? hahahah j/k
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#95931 Aug 1, 2013
The former secretary general of UN, Kofi Annan was confused and faulty, did his job poorly and failed the position at that time as what left out now is the destructive mess in Iraq.
All UN members must refine specifications for current and future UN secretaries to base on in their responsibilities of non-biased way of UN doctrine.
First, UN was in no way to be shut out of UN inspection by being forced out by US because of Bush, when Iraq was offering unconditionally for UN inspection for allowing whatever time it would take and anywhere to go to, including all palaces.
Not only that US violated the procedure of inspection, UN was in no way to get into Iraq matters as the process of procedural inspection first was incomplete not due to invalid reasons.
Once UN inspection had all ample opportunities to do so but was forced out, UN must just stand by the side, and that would still be UN members to argue and figure out, instead of getting into supporting it and UN should be blamed owing to Annan.
UN should not have been getting into the case of current Iraq at all about anything else because there was no agenda at any given time of calling democracy and liberation, other on the subject of WMD all ALONG.
The sole and only agenda of UN business was all about UN inspection of WMD merely. Anything outside the WMD business could not be authorized at all, thus. When that was the case, under no conditions would UN get into it all of a sudden when other Security Council members voiced continuing inspection. US already breached the inspection matter by forcing out UN inspectors without all member approval, how would UN get involved in the Iraq case of liberation?
Kofi Annan must be held faulty in the failure so created in UN regarding the current Iraq of troubling volatile violences as well, which did not meet the UN validity of Security Council by impartiality.
If Annan did it properly and let UN inspection go on to the final end and find out there was indeed no WMD, invasion or not proves all the same thing, then it would not be the very bad happenings in the Iraq daily unrest these days. Today, the appearance OF IRAQ IS ALL ABOUT DAILY BOMBINGS THAT STAND OUT very explicitly, vividly, BUT NOT ABOUT THE LOOK OF DEMOCRACY of a nation AS THESE ARE VIEWS, OF WHICH IRAQ SHOWS TO THE WORLD.
There had never been an agenda of overthrowing Saddam as UN matter. Since if after inspection as Iraq had no WMD, in no way Saddam was able to do any harms and threats to anyone in the region or elsewhere.
If they could get rid of Saddam by other means without causing huge bad conditions and the making of troublesome current situation, that is other people's business because it was not a global public matter.
UN only deals with public agenda. If Saddam was US matter, they could do their own things elsewhere.
US had violated many rules alone in such doing, in addition to making the awful and disgusting situation of Iraq currently and must be held responsible regard such and must not repeat again. All member nations and UN must be noting this effect of procedural violations and oversee no more such committed.
All UN members must refine specifications for current and future UN secretaries to base on in their responsibilities of non-biased way of UN doctrine.

Level 8

Location hidden

#95932 Aug 2, 2013
JBH wrote:
The former secretary general of UN, Kofi Annan was confused and faulty, did his job poorly and failed the position at that time as what left out now is the destructive mess in Iraq.
First, UN was in no way to be shut out of UN inspection by being forced out by US because of Bush, when Iraq was offering unconditionally for UN inspection for allowing whatever time it would take and anywhere to go to, including all palaces.
Not only that US violated the procedure of inspection, UN was in no way to get into Iraq matters as the process of procedural inspection first was incomplete not due to invalid reasons.
Once UN inspection had all ample opportunities to do so but was forced out, UN must just stand by the side, and that would still be UN members to argue and figure out, instead of getting into supporting it and UN should be blamed owing to Annan.
UN should not have been getting into the case of current Iraq at all about anything else because there was no agenda at any given time of calling democracy and liberation, other on the subject of WMD all ALONG.
The sole and only agenda of UN business was all about UN inspection of WMD merely. Anything outside the WMD business could not be authorized at all, thus. When that was the case, under no conditions would UN get into it all of a sudden when other Security Council members voiced continuing inspection. US already breached the inspection matter by forcing out UN inspectors without all member approval, how would UN get involved in the Iraq case of liberation?
Kofi Annan must be held faulty in the failure so created in UN regarding the current Iraq of troubling volatile violences as well, which did not meet the UN validity of Security Council by impartiality.
If Annan did it properly and let UN inspection go on to the final end and find out there was indeed no WMD, invasion or not proves all the same thing, then it would not be the very bad happenings in the Iraq daily unrest these days. Today, the appearance OF IRAQ IS ALL ABOUT DAILY BOMBINGS THAT STAND OUT very explicitly, vividly, BUT NOT ABOUT THE LOOK OF DEMOCRACY of a nation AS THESE ARE VIEWS, OF WHICH IRAQ SHOWS TO THE WORLD.
There had never been an agenda of overthrowing Saddam as UN matter. Since if after inspection as Iraq had no WMD, in no way Saddam was able to do any harms and threats to anyone in the region or elsewhere.
If they could get rid of Saddam by other means without causing huge bad conditions and the making of troublesome current situation, that is other people's business because it was not a global public matter.
UN only deals with public agenda. If Saddam was US matter, they could do their own things elsewhere.
US had violated many rules alone in such doing, in addition to making the awful and disgusting situation of Iraq currently and must be held responsible regard such and must not repeat again. All member nations and UN must be noting this effect of procedural violations and oversee no more such committed.
Meaningless tripe in light of this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_S...

And this.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-107publ243/...

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#95935 Aug 2, 2013
Hulu wrote:
<quoted text>Woody, I highly doubt that me knowing anything about electro anything would change the fact that humans understand two things.....God created the universe and The Bang was Big.......or evolution did this. So, woody humans have no chance with the brain matter today of understanding what is truely out in the darkness.....and from what I see its highly probable any chance before extinction of this primitive species.
Rubbish,

Some humans, around 50% of humans have some belief in the abrahmic god, some small percentage of them say goddidit by magic.

Some in other religions say that other gods created the universe. and lets face it there stories of over 3700 possible candidate gods./deities including the abrahamic god.

However the majority (including the biggest christian group (Catholics)) accept that multiple disciplines of science that show that the universe was created in the “BB” are correct

That in no way means that “humans understand two things.....God created the universe…” It means than some few humans think that’s what happened, you are one of that few.

Also wrong. Humans have plenty of chance of understanding much of what is “truly out in the darkness”. Astronomy and cosmology have moved on a long way since the days of the sun being towed around the earth by a giant chariot ridden by the baby jesus.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#95936 Aug 2, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not say that the world is only 6000 years old, it tells of the years that humans have lived on earth, when they were born and died, who was in power, etc....We add the years that way.
Remember, everything was created first and then man last.
God actually gives us no clues to truly understand the age of the universe. He does tell us we would not understand what He understands and that His time is not the same as our time.
Just as scripture states:
1. Scientist still do not understand everything about the universe and probably never will.
2. Time in space and in other galaxies and other solar systems is different than our time on earth.
"Remember everything was created first..." is a claim in bible but now disproved. You are taking everything in bible quite literarily. you are at liberty to believe anything at all but then you are wrong to tell us that it is the "truth" from creator.
berserker

Lodi, CA

#95937 Aug 2, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And as already been pointed out, evolution makes no theological claims. Since we have pointed this out to you almost every time you've popped up here, the only possible conclusion can be that you're just another liar for Jesus.
<quoted text>
And yet amazingly, the ONLY people who are aware of this are "good Christians", since the scientific community is blissfully unaware of it.
So what "scientific alternative" do you propose? That's it - Goddidit with magic!
This is why no-one takes you seriously.
I have an (alternitive) It is clearly written in several ancient writings that the star people, sky beings, gods came down and geneticaly altered what ever form of subhuman existed at the time to be smart enough to mine gold for them. There is a unique peice of dna that only humans have and no other life form. Where did that come from? As far as JUNk dna? Just because they dont know what it does does not mean it isnt doing something.

There is a universal conciousness (call it god) That is not a christian God or any other sects God. In modern times Edgar Cayce the sleeping prophet (who has a 100 percent record) remembered nothing after ward. Evalution is at work on this planet. Remember that we ourselfs choose to come here and be incarnated again and again. If you nay say this...show me the proof that it is not true. There are several undisputed cases that none but deluded fools object to. That being said, you can learn all about it anywherre except in western religion.

Even with sophisticated sensitive equipment that shows proof of unseen inteligent energies, many just refuse to see. It all ties in together. Look at all your ancient religions and texts. the only one that upsets the apple cart is christianity.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#95938 Aug 2, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you interpret those scriptures?
Imagine, you did not interpret those scriptures but twisted them beyond any ambiguiety.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#95939 Aug 2, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not knocking science because they don't know everything, I'm just stating similarities with scripture and what we see today from scientist.
Galaxies and solar systems are mentioned in the Bible, stars, sun, moons, planets, heavens, and God says He has named every star.
Stars are included in most religions or mythologies. Galaxies were not!
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#95940 Aug 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It ate too many donuts.
Do not eat donuts if you do not want to go nuts, and not stay healthy.

Level 8

Location hidden

#95942 Aug 2, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not eat donuts if you do not want to go nuts, and not stay healthy.
Wow I'm impressed, you think I'm a universe.:)

Level 6

#95943 Aug 2, 2013
Hulu wrote:
<quoted text>"Dont know why SETI failed". I do.....Does that make a human smarter or just lightyears ahead of the other primitive human animals?
Did SETI fail?

It has failed (probably) in its primary task but SETI has shown science a lot about the universe

From http://www.seti.org/faq

Has the SETI Institute found an extraterrestrial signal?

No SETI search has yet received a confirmed, extraterrestrial signal. If we had, the world would know about it. There is no policy of secrecy, and any promising signal would quickly prompt observations at other observatories.

In the past, there were several unexplained and intriguing signals detected in SETI experiments. Perhaps the most famous of these was the “Wow” signal picked up at the Ohio State Radio Observatory in 1977. However, none of these signals was ever detected again, and for scientists that’s not good enough to claim success and boogie off to Stockholm to collect a Nobel Prize. Who would believe cold fusion unless many researchers could duplicate it in their labs? The same is true of extraterrestrial signals: they are credible only when they can be found more than once

Why do SETI at all?

There are many reasons, including such practical considerations as the technological spinoff. But SETI research is first and foremost pursued because it is designed to answer questions that previous generations could only ask. How do we fit into the biological scheme of the cosmos? Is intelligent life a rare event or a common one in the universe? Can technological civilizations last for long periods of time, or do they inevitably self-destruct or die out for some other reason?…

… The effect on society might be as profound and long lasting as when Copernicus displaced the Earth from the center of our universe.

The big problem, the real reason you have a downer on SETI is that you do not like the answers to some of those questions.

You want something to really get you going, then try the perimeter institute, they are working on the biggest question of all and one that could conceivably blow your god idea right out of the water i.e. what happened BEFORE the big bang.

Level 8

Location hidden

#95945 Aug 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did SETI fail?
It has failed (probably) in its primary task but SETI has shown science a lot about the universe
From http://www.seti.org/faq
Has the SETI Institute found an extraterrestrial signal?
No SETI search has yet received a confirmed, extraterrestrial signal. If we had, the world would know about it. There is no policy of secrecy, and any promising signal would quickly prompt observations at other observatories.
In the past, there were several unexplained and intriguing signals detected in SETI experiments. Perhaps the most famous of these was the “Wow” signal picked up at the Ohio State Radio Observatory in 1977. However, none of these signals was ever detected again, and for scientists that’s not good enough to claim success and boogie off to Stockholm to collect a Nobel Prize. Who would believe cold fusion unless many researchers could duplicate it in their labs? The same is true of extraterrestrial signals: they are credible only when they can be found more than once
Why do SETI at all?
There are many reasons, including such practical considerations as the technological spinoff. But SETI research is first and foremost pursued because it is designed to answer questions that previous generations could only ask. How do we fit into the biological scheme of the cosmos? Is intelligent life a rare event or a common one in the universe? Can technological civilizations last for long periods of time, or do they inevitably self-destruct or die out for some other reason?…
… The effect on society might be as profound and long lasting as when Copernicus displaced the Earth from the center of our universe.
The big problem, the real reason you have a downer on SETI is that you do not like the answers to some of those questions.
You want something to really get you going, then try the perimeter institute, they are working on the biggest question of all and one that could conceivably blow your god idea right out of the water i.e. what happened BEFORE the big bang.
I heard it did pick up some really old TV broadcasts that bounced off of Saturn and went through some swamp gas and landed on a weather balloon though. lol

Level 6

#95946 Aug 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard it did pick up some really old TV broadcasts that bounced off of Saturn and went through some swamp gas and landed on a weather balloon though. lol
To paraphrase MIB, LOL, it also picked up what is known the wow signal (among others). Not repeated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow !_signal

Possibly swamp gas reflected of Uranus

Level 8

Location hidden

#95947 Aug 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
To paraphrase MIB, LOL, it also picked up what is known the wow signal (among others). Not repeated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow !_signal
Possibly swamp gas reflected of Uranus
Actually I'm serious , they were like 40 year old TV broadcasts, I just added the stupid to it lol.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95949 Aug 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not well put. there is absolutely not one teensy shred of evidence of any life after death. not one shred of evidence to support the concept of a soul or spirit. just religious cults preying on many peoples' greatest fear to gather them into their cult...
There is but you don't believe it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 6 min beatlesinafog 40,766
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 6 min sweeper 7,412
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 11 min Holy place 30,085
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 16 min Cash 7,813
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 18 min totter 3,044
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 21 min Hoozie 7,634
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 26 min Camilla 152,877
Is it possible to....... 4 hr wichita-rick 613
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr eleanorigby 37,787
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 hr -Lea- 26,019