Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164317 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#95908 Aug 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, well put and brilliant. Understand, when I make my statements, if you were to honestly look around. Atheist do overwhelmingly out post the Political Junkie. I think all could agree that group does need to get a life. Combining being atheist and a political junkie. That is just a total misfit. And I know Atheist that do agree with that.
not well put. there is absolutely not one teensy shred of evidence of any life after death. not one shred of evidence to support the concept of a soul or spirit. just religious cults preying on many peoples' greatest fear to gather them into their cult...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#95909 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, and it is a true and factual statement.
You hardly know the facts. You just demonstrated your lack of understanding by twisting your own words.

I did not. You assumed the word "explosion" was about some type of fission or fusion and that is what I responded to, until someone else explained another meaning of it. I however, just trying to explanation both definitions. comprende?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#95910 Aug 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Evolution contradict the Bible?
Is it possible to believe in evolution and still be a Christian? If being a Christian means believing that the Bible is the authentic, trustworthy Word of God and that Christ is our Creator and Savior, the answer is “No.” One cannot believe these things and also believe in evolution as the explanation for the origin of life on our earth as we know it.
But no one believes all of the Bible. Not even you.

So realizing that fairy tales are not true should not keep you from being a Christian. In fact worldwide most Christians do accept the theory of evolution.

What parts of the Bible don't you believe in?

St. Croix valley

#95911 Aug 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read in dictionaries that would give you four different definitions of Pagan that comes right out and say not belonging to a religion. Your dictionary might say a group of believers that excludes the following religions. Form there post a few more popular religions. In some chats the question comes when do Wiccans leave paganism?
so pagans don't believe in any gods? that is not what the definition of paganism is...

are you sure you know what is is you really believe in?

St. Croix valley

#95912 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain the term "expansion of big bang."
What I'm trying to explain is how early forms of gases created other forms of matter. Without any type of "reaction" it would not create other elements. Please explain how heavier elements were formed if there were not any type of explosion? Hydrogen is highly reactive element, FYI.
the expansion of everything in our universe from the original singularity.

heavier elements were formed in stars via nuclear fusion, as i clearly stated previously in very simple, easy to understand language.

you seem to have an inability to read simple, easy to understand language.

St. Croix valley

#95913 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You hardly know the facts. You just demonstrated your lack of understanding by twisting your own words.
I did not. You assumed the word "explosion" was about some type of fission or fusion and that is what I responded to, until someone else explained another meaning of it. I however, just trying to explanation both definitions. comprende?
you are the one that brought fusion and exploding stars into the conversation, dear!

man, you can't even keep your own bullshit straight, can you?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95914 Aug 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
But no one believes all of the Bible. Not even you.
So realizing that fairy tales are not true should not keep you from being a Christian. In fact worldwide most Christians do accept the theory of evolution.
What parts of the Bible don't you believe in?
Everything between,

In the beginning.....and....amen.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Location hidden

#95915 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Some scientists believe that both explosion and expansion of the universe are real.
Indeed they are. But they are only related to each other, not the same thing.

Level 5

above and beyond

#95916 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are the one that brought fusion and exploding stars into the conversation, dear!
man, you can't even keep your own bullshit straight, can you?
then what exactly did you mean when you said "there was no explosion"

and then agreeing with Aura Mythra's definition?

Wow. You are a dense gas.
Hulu

Metamora, IL

#95917 Aug 1, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Once SETI has a continuous lock on every radio frequency in the entire universe for eternity, then you can pronounce SETI a "failure".
SETI is privately funded. NO government funding whatsoever.
For mankind even to ASK a question re: "Is there anybody out there?", and the capacity to act on that initiative is beyond your simple understanding.
Sorry for you.
"Once SETI has......" Listen Kong, the intelligence humans seek to contact dont use or want to understand primitive technology...if you could call it technology. So Dong, sending primitive radio waves to intercept.......a ghost ...where is the logic dong? Humans are convinced that an highly advanced race would want to contact them......dont think so kong.Its just better that the primitive human animal take the Bible story an stick to it like glue.....clueless and primitive....nice. Trust me Dong, they want nothing to do with human anything. Wait, they study and munipulate the human race.....contact....the ghost in your dreams Gong.

St. Croix valley

#95918 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
then what exactly did you mean when you said "there was no explosion"
and then agreeing with Aura Mythra's definition?
Wow. You are a dense gas.
i meant there was no explosion.
how hard is that to understand.
there was no reason for you to bring in the topic of stars exploding or nuclear fusion as those have nothing to do with the expansion of the universe.
again, you clearly do not have an inkling of the topic you are attempting to talk about...

St. Croix valley

#95921 Aug 1, 2013
Hulu wrote:
<quoted text>"Once SETI has......" Listen Kong, the intelligence humans seek to contact dont use or want to understand primitive technology...if you could call it technology. So Dong, sending primitive radio waves to intercept.......a ghost ...where is the logic dong? Humans are convinced that an highly advanced race would want to contact them......dont think so kong.Its just better that the primitive human animal take the Bible story an stick to it like glue.....clueless and primitive....nice. Trust me Dong, they want nothing to do with human anything. Wait, they study and munipulate the human race.....contact....the ghost in your dreams Gong.
so they never used radio?

you do realize that electromagnetic waves do have a finite speed in the universe , don't you?

can you put these two ideas together?
Hulu

Metamora, IL

#95922 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so they never used radio?
you do realize that electromagnetic waves do have a finite speed in the universe , don't you?
can you put these two ideas together?
Woody, I highly doubt that me knowing anything about electro anything would change the fact that humans understand two things.....God created the universe and The Bang was Big.......or evolution did this. So, woody humans have no chance with the brain matter today of understanding what is truely out in the darkness.....and from what I see its highly probable any chance before extinction of this primitive species.

St. Croix valley

#95923 Aug 1, 2013
Hulu wrote:
<quoted text>Woody, I highly doubt that me knowing anything about electro anything would change the fact that humans understand two things.....God created the universe and The Bang was Big.......or evolution did this. So, woody humans have no chance with the brain matter today of understanding what is truely out in the darkness.....and from what I see its highly probable any chance before extinction of this primitive species.
so no, you could not put those two ideas together...

this may be futile, but i should at least try...
at one time, even a further advanced civilization than us, if there are indeed civilizations more advanced than us, would have at one time probably used radio waves.(electromagnetic waves) those waves take millions of years to cross the expanse of interstellar space, so we might be able to pick up the broadcasts sent out millions of years ago by those beings...

Level 5

above and beyond

#95924 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i meant there was no explosion.
how hard is that to understand.
there was no reason for you to bring in the topic of stars exploding or nuclear fusion as those have nothing to do with the expansion of the universe.
again, you clearly do not have an inkling of the topic you are attempting to talk about...
Please explain how the universe expands then.

Here's a video, if you notice even in the atomic level, an explosion occurs.

imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#95925 Aug 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty cool
Interesting isn't it

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Location hidden

#95926 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how the universe expands then.
Here's a video, if you notice even in the atomic level, an explosion occurs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yTkojROg-t8XX
It ate too many donuts.

Level 5

above and beyond

#95927 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It ate too many donuts.
and pop corn.

kids next door are playing with firecrackers right now!

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#95928 Aug 1, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
To be frank, your answers remind me of Atty Gen. Holder on the congressional witness stand when asked when he first learned of the 'Fast and Furious' operation. He responded; "I don't understand the question".
You are still avoiding the question concerning obvious failures of logic dealing with complexity and perfect molecular efficiency of the cell, showing convergent and common design from the very first bacteria on for supposedly 3.6 billion years. DNA for particular "kinds" have boundaries, the study I linked has finally locked your side out of its last and futile 'mutation' argument against ID in explaining life. A 3 dimensional code requires intelligence.
I wonder how many "possibly yes, possibly no" statements by Dr. Patterson were "edited" out of his last edition. It was his favorite comment on evolution.
http://www.garvan.org.au/news-events/news/the...
To be frank, I find a person that would knowingly misrepresent a dead man, to be lowlife coward. Any other defenseless people you want to exploit? I hope you haven't tried your hand with children.

I am not avoiding any questions, since none were asked. I have responded to a completely misleading attack on the words of man no longer alive and capable of defending himself from self serving cowards. However, and this is completely clear, he defended himself from your type vigorously when alive.

I am not surprised how you end your post with another slimy attack on a defenseless person. He wrote two books and numerous papers about evolution and spared no effort since that 1981 meeting in making his true position supporting evolution known. Surfing this wave of lies and intellectual brutality is the action of a foul, scare, little coward and not that of an honest Christian.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#95929 Aug 1, 2013
BREAK TIME.. GEt your FOZZILIZED RED HOTS... RIGHT HERE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 20 min We Are Almost There 28,892
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 22 min ritedownthemiddle 4,586
News Wife, husband say they hit back-to-back holes-i... 24 min Michael Satterfield 6
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 25 min Brick 8,675
News Muslim cleric says masturbating makes your hand... 33 min Baron44 4
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 35 min -TheExam- 11,432
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 44 min Cyan in CA 1,086
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 40,749
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr I Am No One_ 163,028
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 18
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 5 hr Stephany McDowell 639
More from around the web