Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
90,561 - 90,580 of 115,129 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#95880 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So there was no explosion? So you also think stars don't explode when they die? What happens during a nuclear reaction in the stars? What happened when hydrogen were fused to helium in the sun? How did the sun form?
Can you explain how the "expansion" in the beginning of the universe happened?
stars do explode, but they are not singularities. the workings of stars an fusion do not come into play as there were no atoms to fuse, there were no protons or electrons, there were not even any quarks.

all the cosmologists i have read say that is one of the greatest misconceptions about the big bang theory, that is was not an explosion like a supernova...

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#95881 Aug 1, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if any of these religious zombies
have ever considered the possibility of
evolution being God's method of creation?
Does Evolution contradict the Bible?
Is it possible to believe in evolution and still be a Christian? If being a Christian means believing that the Bible is the authentic, trustworthy Word of God and that Christ is our Creator and Savior, the answer is “No.” One cannot believe these things and also believe in evolution as the explanation for the origin of life on our earth as we know it.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#95882 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The difference my dear is simple imagine this.
Explosions are matter and energy, the release of the energy spreads matter out from a specific point of origin. This explosive effect can be traced to a specific location by following a trail of matter from ground zero out.
The expansion of the universe , is specifically free from matter and purely a real estate equation. The expansion of space/time itself free of a physical point and matter itself.
It is every point and no point specifically. It is free of matter and energy in the traditional way of sensing it.
The expansion of the universe is he creation of space.
Maybe this can help you understand.
http://vimeo.com/19602286
I don't get it. You call that simple? What do you mean by expansion of universe is free from matter, free of physical point?
What is the traditional way of sensing it?

St. Croix valley

#95883 Aug 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Evolution contradict the Bible?
Is it possible to believe in evolution and still be a Christian? If being a Christian means believing that the Bible is the authentic, trustworthy Word of God and that Christ is our Creator and Savior, the answer is “No.” One cannot believe these things and also believe in evolution as the explanation for the origin of life on our earth as we know it.
But the bible itself proves that your god is man-made myth...and jesus also.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#95884 Aug 1, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You make me laugh with your 'mind your 9th commandment' entries in just about all of your posts, lol!
What reason would creationists have to lie?
There is no monetary reward for believing in creationism.
On the other hand, Evo-scientists have a very lucrative, financial gain and motive for keeping their story spread.
(psssst...they get to keep their jobs)
No monetary reward?

Really? You mean that these fundamentalist preacher guys
and women like we see on the tube aren't getting monetary
rewards? Jeez, some of them have their own private jet
airplanes to fly around in. They live in mansions and
hang gold and diamonds of their blond bimbo wives. They're
shepherds with big flocks that they sheer every Sunday.

It's a damn good living.

Level 5

above and beyond

#95885 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>stars do explode, but they are not singularities. the workings of stars an fusion do not come into play as there were no atoms to fuse, there were no protons or electrons, there were not even any quarks.
all the cosmologists i have read say that is one of the greatest misconceptions about the big bang theory, that is was not an explosion like a supernova...
I think I see what you're trying to say. There couldn't have been an explosion of any form in the beginning of time because matter was not formed yet. Is that right?

St. Croix valley

#95887 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I see what you're trying to say. There couldn't have been an explosion of any form in the beginning of time because matter was not formed yet. Is that right?
no,not at all, i was pointing out that your comparing it to stars exploding and nuclear fusion was ridiculous and showed you didn't even grasp the basic physics of the issue.

i thought i used simple language, obviously not simple enough...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95888 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it. You call that simple? What do you mean by expansion of universe is free from matter, free of physical point?
Explosion is a traditional way of seeing something increase in size.

Explosions are confined to within time , an event within space.
Expansion is the stretching of time and space.
Explosions do not make the total size of space or time larger, but spread things out within it.
Expansion makes the total size larger.
Explosion makes things spread out in space.
Expansion makes more space and time to spread matter out in.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95889 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
An explosion makes debris spread out all over Texas.
Expansion makes Texas even bigger than it was.

Level 5

above and beyond

#95890 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no,not at all, i was pointing out that your comparing it to stars exploding and nuclear fusion was ridiculous and showed you didn't even grasp the basic physics of the issue.
i thought i used simple language, obviously not simple enough...
No you try to simplify it because you're unable to explain what you mean.

I simply pointed out the different types of explosion that occurs in the universe, so I wasn't specifically referring to one type of explosion. Please, you're going to attempt to explain physics, then you would already understand that explosions is a common phenomena in the universe no matter what kind.

St. Croix valley

#95891 Aug 1, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
No monetary reward?
Really? You mean that these fundamentalist preacher guys
and women like we see on the tube aren't getting monetary
rewards? Jeez, some of them have their own private jet
airplanes to fly around in. They live in mansions and
hang gold and diamonds of their blond bimbo wives. They're
shepherds with big flocks that they sheer every Sunday.
It's a damn good living.
lying to thousands or millions of people is a good living?

it may be lucrative, but it is not good...

Level 5

above and beyond

#95892 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> An explosion makes debris spread out all over Texas.
Expansion makes Texas even bigger than it was.
Some scientists believe that both explosion and expansion of the universe are real.

St. Croix valley

#95893 Aug 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Explosion is a traditional way of seeing something increase in size.
Explosions are confined to within time , an event within space.
Expansion is the stretching of time and space.
Explosions do not make the total size of space or time larger, but spread things out within it.
Expansion makes the total size larger.
Explosion makes things spread out in space.
Expansion makes more space and time to spread matter out in.
well stated...

in another anaology...Cybele has to buy new pants because her waist EXPANDED. she knew this as the front button EXPLODED off them...

Level 5

above and beyond

#95894 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>well stated...
in another anaology...Cybele has to buy new pants because her waist EXPANDED. she knew this as the front button EXPLODED off them...
No you thought explosions have to be gigantic in size like your ass.

St. Croix valley

#95895 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No you try to simplify it because you're unable to explain what you mean.
I simply pointed out the different types of explosion that occurs in the universe, so I wasn't specifically referring to one type of explosion. Please, you're going to attempt to explain physics, then you would already understand that explosions is a common phenomena in the universe no matter what kind.
no, no, no...

you compared the big bang to stars exploding and fusion is stars. i can copy and paste the post if you want.

i clearly pointed out these phenomenom have nothing to do with the expansion of the universe.

perhaps if you want to talk about physics, you should have at least a third grade level understanding of them...

St. Croix valley

#95896 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Some scientists believe that both explosion and expansion of the universe are real.
which ones, and what facts do they use to back up this belief?

St. Croix valley

#95897 Aug 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No you thought explosions have to be gigantic in size like your ass.
yeah...quite obvious from my pictures that i am not of the body type to have a big ass...

you never have been too concerned with factual logic...

Level 5

above and beyond

#95898 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, no, no...
you compared the big bang to stars exploding and fusion is stars. i can copy and paste the post if you want.
i clearly pointed out these phenomenom have nothing to do with the expansion of the universe.
perhaps if you want to talk about physics, you should have at least a third grade level understanding of them...
No you said, "who said anything about explosion"

You're a LIAR. You take credit for other people's explanation and you do it all the time. You clearly stated that there was no explosion in the time of big bang.

The reason why I disagreed with that is because in the early stages of big bang when hydrogen was formed, it converted to other heavier elements by fusion.

Do you know how this happened in the sun before planets existed?

Level 5

above and beyond

#95899 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, no, no...

Now you're twisting your words. What a liar.

Level 5

above and beyond

#95900 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no-one says there was an explosion, except people that don't understand the big bang theory...
^this is what you said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 5 min Flower-Child 23,817
Fergson Police Dept. 6 min reebie 310
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min misty1978 18,457
A six word game (Dec '08) 9 min Junket 17,455
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 21 min whatimeisit 25,814
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 32 min liam cul8r 340
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 32 min whatimeisit 29,143
What's your tip for the day? 43 min reebie 794
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 145,087
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 5 hr Bill 221