Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,526)

Showing posts 90,501 - 90,520 of111,911
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe that is what we both are asking you but you fail to explain. I also do believe you fail to explain because you have no clue except for what you have been told or have read.
you want me to explain to you what a singularity is? did you not pass the seventh grade?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe that is what we both are asking you but you fail to explain. I also do believe you fail to explain because you have no clue except for what you have been told or have read.
are you familiar with the term 'black hole'? that is a singularity.

you can actually google the term singularity and find page upon page of explanations for it...

again, research, learn, then return to the conversation when you have enough knowledge to discuss it at at least a high school level....
Think about it

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you familiar with the term 'black hole'? that is a singularity.
you can actually google the term singularity and find page upon page of explanations for it...
again, research, learn, then return to the conversation when you have enough knowledge to discuss it at at least a high school level....
Actually a black hole is not a singularity, but a singularity is believed to exist at the center of a black hole. Maybe it is you that need to do some research

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't provide you with the entire quote. In truth Dr. Patterson had been asking numerous groups the same question, not just about systematics, but in general about finding any one thing about evolution that a person knew was true.
Not according to his own words both written and spoken.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>New findings in micro-biology were unraveling any possibility to explain evolution as was the nagging absence of transitional forms in the living and fossil record. Mayr and Gould had recently come up with "punctuated equilibrium" as an answer. Lets have it happen so fast it leaves no trace.
An ambiguous reference to microbiology but no specifics from someone willing to claim a fictional call to an evolutionary biologist.

An outright lie about transitional forms which have been found for numerous fossils series.

Mayr and Gould huh? Wonder what Niles Eldredge would say about that as well as your dishonest and inaccurate portrayal of the theory.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>My point is if evolution is true there should be many examples of transitional forms running around today, there are none. This perplexed Patterson and at least he was honest about it. The lung fish had been postulated as an intermediate fish becoming a land animal, but convergence defeats that, as does boundaries in the DNA, how would a 1/2 done version breath and live? Like any bad mutation it would be DOA, and where are the next versions? nowhere.
Not really a point so much as a meaningless and misguided statement. I suppose technically any living animal is transitional in a sense unless it goes extinct. I have no reason to doubt Patterson's honesty. Boundaries in the DNA? You are so clueless on evolution and biology. What a moron. You attempt to come across a someone familiar with science and then you make these asinine statements about half made creatures and next in line transitional creatures. No where are either of those postulated by evolution. You are poorly trying to portray the concept of a transitional form as if there should be a whole series of living transitional forms. It implies that extinct animals are not extinct.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>Its obvious Patterson had been doing some personal reflection. His tone to me also indicated the same lack of faith in 1990. Revising his book was a life goal, so what? I hope t see him in Heaven.
I have no idea about any personal reflections Patterson may have had and it doesn't make sense that you do either. Especially a stranger on a brief phone call. A stranger that doesn't understand science, but can read minds over the phone.

I would imagine a second edition was important to him. It appears that it was especially important that he make clear that statements like those you have been making were without question not accurate or in any way reflected his position or reality. The second edition makes it completely clear that he accepted and supported evolution and did not condone or appreciate the smarmy attempts by creationists to twist his words.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>At any rate, how come such a complex organism like a Prokaryotic bacteria from 3.6 BY ago not evolve as better mechanism than the one we see still operating perfectly today? Have you been avoiding the real question? In 2009 they studied code from 40,000 generations and still got the same cell, with the same flagella driven by a proton motor! Only a super intelligence could do that, not mindless self directed evolution.
What mechanism are you talking about? Oh, I see, you mean the flagellum. Yet another failed example of that failed concept irreducible complexity. Too bad for you that real scientists have found reduced versions in different bacteria that still have a function.

I have nothing to avoid that comes to mind. You have convinced me of your ignorance and dishonesty.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a black hole is not a singularity, but a singularity is believed to exist at the center of a black hole. Maybe it is you that need to do some research
so you do know what a singularity is...why the stupid questions then? what a waste of time you are...
Think about it

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you do know what a singularity is...why the stupid questions then? what a waste of time you are...
To show that you don't. You just repeat what you have read or been told without actually any understanding of it.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

wow. You guys still debating this? What else is new, or better yet, what do you really want to know?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
To show that you don't. You just repeat what you have read or been told without actually any understanding of it.
in fact i do understand what a singularity is...so what part of 'everything in our universe was in the initial singularity' do you need explained further?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
wow. You guys still debating this? What else is new, or better yet, what do you really want to know?
no, no real debate, just fools talking in circles.

you should throw out your bee and flower crap again, that would fit right in...
Think about it

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
No it is no contest. Woodtick is the masturbator. Ooops I mean master debater. LOL

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is no contest. Woodtick is the masturbator. Ooops I mean master debater. LOL
it would seem i was correct with my 'waste of time' assessment of you...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, no real debate, just fools talking in circles.
you should throw out your bee and flower crap again, that would fit right in...
LOL. You haven't changed much. Still drinking?
Think about it

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it would seem i was correct with my 'waste of time' assessment of you...
And why do you think that? Because I am an educated person that has a sense of humor while you are a uptight person that is of medium education at best.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is. That's why he is called Woody. Let's play a knock-knock on wood.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You haven't changed much. Still drinking?
no, still based in fact and reason...

you should try it!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
And why do you think that? Because I am an educated person that has a sense of humor while you are a uptight person that is of medium education at best.
I don't think it, i know it from your pointless, clearly uneducated, posts that i am through with...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in parallel universe and multiverses? How would that exist from singularity?
Think about it

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is. That's why he is called Woody. Let's play a knock-knock on wood.
I think I will leave him to his drinking and what ever he does with his wood.:-)

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, still based in fact and reason...
you should try it!
You should try something else besides making excuses for not explaining logical conjectures. lol

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the theory of the Big Bang is the most plausible one there is. Some say there was an expansion instead of an explosion. But when you look at violent storms like lightning and thunderstorms, hurricanes, it makes sense to think there could've been a big bang that started the universe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,501 - 90,520 of111,911
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••