Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#95794 Jul 31, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The dating isn't pulled out of the air though. It is based on sound theory and data. It isn't just backed up with a claim that is left hanging. That not everyone understands the underlying principles does not falsify it. Where is your responsibility to learn?
From what I see on here, it is fundamentalists claiming things out of the air and it is usually fired out both barrels as a claim for their side and an insult against their opposition.
How can Dino still have flesh if he died BYO?

Their dating process is flawed,(to say the least).

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#95795 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not keen on Stephen King although I have read everything if his up to Pet Sematary but got bored. It seems to me that itís the name that sells rather than the content of the books.
The Hawking books are in another league, I donít consider reading them to be entertainment but education.
By the way welcome back
I have read some King's books but prefer to watch the movie version. Anyways, heading to Universal Studios right now. That's real entertainment. ;-)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#95796 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
A master to be sure up there with Silverberg, Clarke, Bradbury, Heinlein and Asimov (and dare I say it? Iain M Banks)
And prolific too.
Heinlein (!) dedicated "The Cat Who Walks Through Walls" to him, inter alia.

And I'm voting Niven as the greatest living SF writer.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#95797 Jul 31, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The voice that tells you to stop or go is called "thought." There are people who need structure to understand spirituality. Far more often than not the religious structure is in lieu of spirituality, otherwise why would I >constantly< remind Creationists to tell the truth?
You make me laugh with your 'mind your 9th commandment' entries in just about all of your posts, lol!

What reason would creationists have to lie?

There is no monetary reward for believing in creationism.

On the other hand, Evo-scientists have a very lucrative, financial gain and motive for keeping their story spread.

(psssst...they get to keep their jobs)

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#95798 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly how many feel about you guys giving us an estimate of time for example: 40,000 years, 4.6 Billion years, 50 Million years.
Sounds like it is numbers pulled out the air, to many people. There isn't a way to contradict this aging process nor any way to prove it. It's evo's way of saying, "We wouldn't make anything up...so just trust and believe us, since you can't positively prove anything's true age.
That "Sounds like" is diagnostic of a lack of education - or (worse) reading.

Those numbers are most certainly NOT "pulled* out of the air"

They're the product of careful observation, testing, and repeatability. Plus, of course, the ability to make reliable predictions.

And open scrutiny by a horde of people who (unike you) understand the processes and would like nothing better than to prove them wrong, and are perfectly capable of making their own observations.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#95799 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You make me laugh with your 'mind your 9th commandment' entries in just about all of your posts, lol!
On the other hand, Evo-scientists have a very lucrative, financial gain and motive for keeping their story spread.
Ever seen the Vatican? Or a megachurch?

"No monetary reward"?

Youse funny.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#95800 Jul 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That "Sounds like" is diagnostic of a lack of education - or (worse) reading.
Those numbers are most certainly NOT "pulled* out of the air"
They're the product of careful observation, testing, and repeatability. Plus, of course, the ability to make reliable predictions.
And open scrutiny by a horde of people who (unike you) understand the processes and would like nothing better than to prove them wrong, and are perfectly capable of making their own observations.

Explain this.

(hint: they're making this s*** up as they go)

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#95801 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no clue what you mean by 'Christian trick' and where have I asked a question over and over and actually got any answers?
If the world is BYO, then why would 50 YO science (that hasn't been changed) make a difference.
They still TODAY, no 50YO, admit they do not understand all about the sun, including what the center of it is made of.
and.....yes, our solar system is unique, and for a good reason.
The same question was asked twice under slightly different wording but in both questions the meat was why is the suns corona so hot. It is typically christian to go round and round asking the same question over and over in the hope of one day getting the answer that suites their belief.

The answer to either version is available on line and with the inkling for a little self education, something it seems you are not fond of.

Not sure what you mean by BYO (is it British Youth Orchestra? Or Bring Your Own?) but I am certain that science has progressed considerably in the last 50 years. And yes they understand the entire mechanism of the sun, completely. Just because you and your godbot buddies donít is your problem. And why are you moving the goalposts? There was no mention of the centre of the sun (core) in your previous post, the question was about the corona.

FYI, The Sun is made of 74% hydrogen, 24% helium and 1% oxygen The remaining 1% of the Sun is made of iron, nickel, oxygen, silicon, sulphur, magnesium, carbon, neon, calcium and chromium.

Wrong, there are several hundred similar such solar systems that can now be measured if not observed. our solar system is not unique,

However you are welcome to continue with your bronze age ideas of ďdíoh I donít know so god musta did it by magicĒ but please donít attempt to justify your belief by offering outdated science backed up by lies. Remember we are not all as deliberately ignorant as you.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#95802 Jul 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ever seen the Vatican? Or a megachurch?
"No monetary reward"?
Youse funny.
The Vatican is not an acceptable argument (too much to discuss here) and many false TV like preachers are not honest...

but the majority are honestly doing this work for faith reasons alone and in these churches most of their donations go to benevolence and missions.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#95803 Jul 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ever seen the Vatican? Or a megachurch?
"No monetary reward"?
Youse funny.
...one more thing...the Pope has accepted evolution and martians (if that tells you anything about why I don't prescribe to their teachings)
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#95804 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The same question was asked twice under slightly different wording but in both questions the meat was why is the suns corona so hot. It is typically christian to go round and round asking the same question over and over in the hope of one day getting the answer that suites their belief.
The answer to either version is available on line and with the inkling for a little self education, something it seems you are not fond of.
Not sure what you mean by BYO (is it British Youth Orchestra? Or Bring Your Own?) but I am certain that science has progressed considerably in the last 50 years. And yes they understand the entire mechanism of the sun, completely. Just because you and your godbot buddies donít is your problem. And why are you moving the goalposts? There was no mention of the centre of the sun (core) in your previous post, the question was about the corona.
FYI, The Sun is made of 74% hydrogen, 24% helium and 1% oxygen The remaining 1% of the Sun is made of iron, nickel, oxygen, silicon, sulphur, magnesium, carbon, neon, calcium and chromium.
Wrong, there are several hundred similar such solar systems that can now be measured if not observed. our solar system is not unique,
However you are welcome to continue with your bronze age ideas of ďdíoh I donít know so god musta did it by magicĒ but please donít attempt to justify your belief by offering outdated science backed up by lies. Remember we are not all as deliberately ignorant as you.
Billions of years old=BYO
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Our solar system is unique in that the sun, moon and earth are set up to be the perfect home for life. Show me another set up like ours, I'd be interested to see that.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#95805 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very good question.

Why would a creationist have to lie?

It can be shown how almost every creationist ever lies time after time. Supposedly they have evidence of creation but they never post any. My conclusion is that with lying they have nothing. They seem to think that lying for Jesus is okay.

It really isn't.

Now what incentive do scientists have for lying? Keeping their jobs? Please dream on. If a scientist is caught in a serious lie about his work he will be canned. Not only that he will not be hired as a research scientist again for a very long period of time.

He could work for some private industry. A lot of them do need scientists and he could continue his research on his own time with his own money and if he ever contributes something of substance that way he might be forgiven.

You cannot show a lying scientist who was not greatly harmed by his lies. We can show you several lying creationists who make quite a bit of money off of their lies and it never ever lands them in trouble, oops.... unless they don't pay their taxes.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#95806 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Our solar system is unique in that the sun, moon and earth are set up to be the perfect home for life. Show me another set up like ours, I'd be interested to see that.
There have been quite a few planets discovered in the "Goldilocks Zone" of their own star. I am not so sure if the Moon played a critical role in the evolution of life. Did the tides from the Moon help or hinder evolution? At any rate here is an article of only one example of where another star may have a planet with life around it:

http://www.futurity.org/science-technology/ea...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#95807 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is with your "plucked out of the air' aging process, that if you have several scientist separately carefully observe and test, they ALL come up with DIFFERENT DATES.
Explain this.
Oh, that's easy to explain.

Your claim is pure made up bullshit.

Scientists are very specific when they date an item on how they found the item. How they harvested it. How they dated it, etc.. If a date is not repeatable it is worthless.

Now if a scientist gets a different date from another scientist and he finds where the other scientist made an error, and other scientists do the same work and agree with him, then we have a valid date.

Dates are never "Plucked out of the air".

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#95808 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
...one more thing...the Pope has accepted evolution and martians (if that tells you anything about why I don't prescribe to their teachings)
I see your record of inaccuracies continues.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#95809 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The planets orbiting Gliese 581 is one possibility.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#95810 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is with your "plucked out of the air' aging process, that if you have several scientist separately carefully observe and test, they ALL come up with DIFFERENT DATES.
Explain this.
Cite your source.

Oh, and "different dates" within about a 3% error don't count.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#95811 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican is not an acceptable argument (too much to discuss here) and many false TV like preachers are not honest...
but the majority are honestly doing this work for faith reasons alone and in these churches most of their donations go to benevolence and missions.
Pfft. One Christian is much the same as another. Unless you're a connoisseur.

A difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#95812 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevertheless.

Organized religion is a quest for temporal power.

It's never been anything else.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#95813 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
These fish could never have evolved gradually to become immune to the poisonous plants which they live among or they would have ALL died off before they acquired this "SLOWLY EVOLVING IMMUNITY".
Isn't that what evo's teach that evolution is so slow moving, we can never witness it?
Majority of its earlier populations must have died before both organism realised interdependence! That is how evolution works. Do you know that white Europeans have 10% of population which has protection to HIV only because 35% of earlier population perished in bubonic plague about 900 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 min Michael 20,509
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Enzo49 146,997
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 5 min Adrian DeVine 415
white... 13 min whatimeisit 265
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 17 min Enzo49 13,328
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 23 min Old Sam 2,411
What Could Be Mixed,...? 25 min Old Sam 34
What's your tip for the day? 44 min Anonomuss 1,076
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 hr eleanorigby 36,514
•••