Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171672 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#95759 Jul 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, no real debate, just fools talking in circles.
you should throw out your bee and flower crap again, that would fit right in...
LOL. You haven't changed much. Still drinking?
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#95760 Jul 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it would seem i was correct with my 'waste of time' assessment of you...
And why do you think that? Because I am an educated person that has a sense of humor while you are a uptight person that is of medium education at best.

Level 5

above and beyond

#95761 Jul 30, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is no contest. Woodtick is the masturbator. Ooops I mean master debater. LOL
Yes he is. That's why he is called Woody. Let's play a knock-knock on wood.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#95762 Jul 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You haven't changed much. Still drinking?
no, still based in fact and reason...

you should try it!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#95763 Jul 30, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
And why do you think that? Because I am an educated person that has a sense of humor while you are a uptight person that is of medium education at best.
I don't think it, i know it from your pointless, clearly uneducated, posts that i am through with...

Level 5

above and beyond

#95764 Jul 30, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a black hole is not a singularity, but a singularity is believed to exist at the center of a black hole. Maybe it is you that need to do some research
Do you believe in parallel universe and multiverses? How would that exist from singularity?
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#95765 Jul 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is. That's why he is called Woody. Let's play a knock-knock on wood.
I think I will leave him to his drinking and what ever he does with his wood.:-)

Level 5

above and beyond

#95766 Jul 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, still based in fact and reason...
you should try it!
You should try something else besides making excuses for not explaining logical conjectures. lol

Level 5

above and beyond

#95767 Jul 30, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a black hole is not a singularity, but a singularity is believed to exist at the center of a black hole. Maybe it is you that need to do some research
I think the theory of the Big Bang is the most plausible one there is. Some say there was an expansion instead of an explosion. But when you look at violent storms like lightning and thunderstorms, hurricanes, it makes sense to think there could've been a big bang that started the universe.

“I can never convince the ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#95768 Jul 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
wow. You guys still debating this? What else is new, or better yet, what do you really want to know?
Well now that you mention it, I bet I can come up with a few things.

Hello Cybele. What have you been up to? Been a while.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#95769 Jul 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fabric of space can be stretched, so the three dimensions you referenced are not constant just like time....
Question: How long has man or scientists known about the stretching of space?

Looks to me like they wrote about it 2500-2750 years ago.

How would they have known this?

Hmmm...what a mystery

http://creationists.org/God-streched-out-the-...

Isaiah
Author(s): Isaiah
Date: 746-680 B.C.

[It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
- Isaiah 40:22

Zechariah
Author(s): Zechariah
Date: 520-518 B.C.

The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
Zechariah 12:1

Level 5

above and beyond

#95770 Jul 30, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Well now that you mention it, I bet I can come up with a few things.
Hello Cybele. What have you been up to? Been a while.
Hi Dan. Been doing lots of things lately. How about you?

Do tell what you can come up with...

“I can never convince the ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#95771 Jul 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been enjoying the simpler things in life while dealing with the more complicated parts. That and a lot of reading. For pure entertainment, I am visiting my old friend Poul Anderson. I enjoy his work even when I have read some of his books several times.

Well that is going to make it difficult for me to get any sleep. My own fault though. I opened the door.

It is good to see you back. Your perspective has been missed.
basssleman

Pittsburgh, PA

#95772 Jul 31, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
death dosent evolve

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#95773 Jul 31, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: How long has man or scientists known about the stretching of space?
Looks to me like they wrote about it 2500-2750 years ago.
How would they have known this?
Hmmm...what a mystery
http://creationists.org/God-streched-out-the-...
Isaiah
Author(s): Isaiah
Date: 746-680 B.C.
[It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
- Isaiah 40:22
Zechariah
Author(s): Zechariah
Date: 520-518 B.C.
The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
Zechariah 12:1
From your source:
"However, Isaiah 40:22 seems to suggest that this expanding of the galaxies was a one time event that occurred in a very short amount of time (probably in less than 24 hours), and that the expansion may no longer be occurring."

The expansion is still occurring.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#95774 Jul 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Cy!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95775 Jul 31, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Be advised I am a Pagan, of course you don't believe me. Because I back them over Atheist. I accuse Atheist of using the science of control as practiced by religions, but they do it better. And please spare me trivia from the middle, bronze and dark ages. I won't respect that because that was the ways of those times.
It's okay, I don't discriminate in my disbelief of mystical sky daddies. Whether they are Semitic, Arabic, Indian or Celtic makes little difference to me.
Rethink what you perceive as "trivia." Control practiced in stone, middle, bronze, dark or iron ages is pertinent to control practiced through politics, religion, science, commerce - people and social dynamics haven't changed that much in the past few thousand years of recorded history.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95776 Jul 31, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am familiar, as a jogger that is the voice that tells you to stop prior to completing your goal. It is what drives you from violent actions. Yes, religions do have bad points, but there are those that need it. If you don't well bully for you. Rejoice, open a beverage of your choice and celebrate ok
The voice that tells you to stop or go is called "thought." There are people who need structure to understand spirituality. Far more often than not the religious structure is in lieu of spirituality, otherwise why would I >constantly< remind Creationists to tell the truth?

Level 5

above and beyond

#95777 Jul 31, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have been enjoying the simpler things in life while dealing with the more complicated parts. That and a lot of reading. For pure entertainment, I am visiting my old friend Poul Anderson. I enjoy his work even when I have read some of his books several times.
Well that is going to make it difficult for me to get any sleep. My own fault though. I opened the door.
It is good to see you back. Your perspective has been missed.
Aww. really...That's good to know.

I haven't heard of Poul Anderson. Sci-fi can be interesting.
I try to find time to read a book. Lately been reading science articles, physics in particular. Maybe we can talk about that? ;-)

Level 5

above and beyond

#95778 Jul 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Cy!
Hey Mac! You're still here ;-) howdy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 min Jennifer Renee 12,656
*Classical music Thread* 5 min Just Roxie 48
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 6 min Old Sam 14,568
News Naked man, 81, arrested for 'having sex with bu... 7 min Alain Vain 4
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 7 min Cyan in CA 1,897
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 167,066
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 15 min Old Sam 29,319
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr mobil 29,511
More from around the web