Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
90,421 - 90,440 of 114,586 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95713
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
These fish could never have evolved gradually to become immune to the poisonous plants which they live among or they would have ALL died off before they acquired this "SLOWLY EVOLVING IMMUNITY".
Isn't that what evo's teach that evolution is so slow moving, we can never witness it?
yet we have seen it. in your own lifetime. we have seen bacterium become resistant to poison that killed it off...

wow...kinda shoots down your entire uninformed concept of how evolution works, huh?
Hulu

Metamora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95714
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Huh wrote:
Just once would like creationist to have one small shred of proof or data to try to prove there belief.
Primitive humans used to tell imaginary stories to pass on beliefs. Now, just because of print they think it MUST be true. The human brain developed imagination as a coping mechanism. To cope with reality, many humans have a problem seperating fact(life in general)from imagination(The Bible). Once the God seed is planted in the brain all reality is lost in a world of imaginary stories and pictures that seems real to most brainwashed followers.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95719
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got nothing to worry about dan.
There is nothing of importance that you know that I don't know.
So go ahead now and explain your believes on where time came from.
Waiting dan......
time was made when space was made they are tied together. this is why time is relative, why time is different in orbit than it is down here on Earth.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95721
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I don't buy it. Funny how you remember something so well that you claim happened over 20 years ago. At least you didn't say it happened last year. You got a lot of information about the man from a brief phone conversation.

I can't imagine a man of science would point to a living animal and call it an example of a transitional species. That would be rather stupid. Of course it is a stupid topic. Transitional to what? That would require three points and not just a single point or even two points. I suppose I will have to spell it out. Transitional means coming from something and going to something.

A man that wrote a book entitled Evolution and then did a second edition had nothing to offer in support of evolution? Are you daft as well as a liar?

You are name dropping again. I would imagine that most evolutionists were aware of Michael Denton's book regarding evolution unless you mean his work in erythrocytes. What significance is knowing Denton's work germane to evolution? You are just throwing more window dressing into your post.

Maybe you called and maybe you didn't. Maybe he talked to you and maybe he didn't. We have only the word of a person with very little credibility and an agenda. What is supported by evidence is that Patterson was quote mined and continues to be quote mined as you have done. He was opposed to his words being taken out of context and his public views on this certainly do not reflect the story you tell. They do fit the pattern of using fundamentalist propaganda to support your belief that you have established on here.
dan I remember things from over 50 years ago with ease. Do you have memory issues dan?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95722
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got nothing to worry about dan.
There is nothing of importance that you know that I don't know.
So go ahead now and explain your believes on where time came from.
Waiting dan......
Glad to hear that is cleared up. I haven't slept a wink since this became an issue.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95723
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about time dan. Where did it come from. It such a strange dimension isn't it dan? Length and width and hight all constant but time is not a constant dan is it? what's up with that dan?
the fabric of space can be stretched, so the three dimensions you referenced are not constant just like time....
Think about it

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95724
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>time was made when space was made they are tied together. this is why time is relative, why time is different in orbit than it is down here on Earth.
How do you know time among other things did not exist before your so called big bang. Something had to be there to go bang did it not?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95725
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
dan I remember things from over 50 years ago with ease. Do you have memory issues dan?
I understand that at night sometimes you guys can still hear the screams of your victims. 50 year ago. That is fantastic. Not even all that booze and fundamentalist stupidity has cured you eh. Excellent.

You tell us brother. No memory demons running through you. Amen.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95726
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that there is No proof of evolution at the macro level dan, do you have some proof dan that you would like to share? Come on dan this is your religion we're talking about here.
outside of the clear fossil record of evolution, you mean...

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95727
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>time was made when space was made they are tied together. this is why time is relative, why time is different in orbit than it is down here on Earth.
So you are saying time did in fact start 13.7 billion years ago and nothing existed before that.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95728
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to hear that is cleared up. I haven't slept a wink since this became an issue.
Sorry to hear that dan.

Now dan please elaborate on the beginning of time. If it is not too much trouble dan.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95729
Jul 30, 2013
 
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know time among other things did not exist before your so called big bang. Something had to be there to go bang did it not?
because time and space are one.

yes something did go "bang"....everything we know of, as a matter of fact.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95730
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying time did in fact start 13.7 billion years ago and nothing existed before that.
no. Everything existed before that, in a singularity.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95731
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>because time and space are one.
yes something did go "bang"....everything we know of, as a matter of fact.
So you admit something was there before the big bang. So then what makes you think time was not there as well, because that is what you have been told?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95732
Jul 30, 2013
 
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit something was there before the big bang. So then what makes you think time was not there as well, because that is what you have been told?
yes, everything was there. in a singularity, where there is no time or space.

what part of this are you unclear on?
Think about it

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95733
Jul 30, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, everything was there. in a singularity, where there is no time or space.
what part of this are you unclear on?
Do explain what you mean by everything was there, in a singularity. That way there will be no confusion.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95734
Jul 30, 2013
 
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Do explain what you mean by everything was there, in a singularity. That way there will be no confusion.
everything that is in our universe was in that singularity.

“The Thunder Rolls”

Since: Jul 13

The Lightning Strikes

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95735
Jul 30, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>everything that is in our universe was in that singularity.
Yes you said that but again - Do explain what you mean by everything was there, in a "singularity". Do you mean it was one, it was unique, it was of unusual quality? Explain what you mean That way there will be no confusion
Think about it

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95736
Jul 30, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>everything that is in our universe was in that singularity.
But what exactly do you mean by that. Explain it a little

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95737
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
But what exactly do you mean by that. Explain it a little
that is as dumbed-downed as it gets...

if you cannot understand that, there is no hope for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••