Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
90,421 - 90,440 of 112,983 Comments Last updated 41 min ago
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post but here goes Karma. I will tell you what you tell everyone that has a personal religious experience, and that is. I don't believe you. I think you call other people's claims to be fake because you make false claims yourself.
Its because they haven't experienced a truthful experience yet. There is no way to understand it until it happens to you.

“pshhhhh”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Anybody else here like ice cream i sure do peopermint is my favourite

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Aussiebob wrote:
Anybody else here like ice cream i sure do peopermint is my favourite
Peppermint*

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how's that battle against the homosexuals goin'? even the pope seems to like them now...
Perhaps that 'battle against the homosexuals' is an internal one, if you know what I mean....

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps that 'battle against the homosexuals' is an internal one, if you know what I mean....
Oh no no its entirely external i like to hunt them with bloodhounds

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its because they haven't experienced a truthful experience yet. There is no way to understand it until it happens to you.
Surely you mean “Truthful”, the capital T is important, it helps to differentiate between actual fact and belief/imagination.

Life is confusing enough without godbots obfuscating the meaning of words for no other reason than self gratification.
JIMMY

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Was there an old SCPID theory?
Where did it go?

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Sour grapes.
Not in my case, but I think that is why that person does that, he enjoys causing sour grapes. I do honestly think the poster is full of something that does not smell good.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way to understand it until it happens to you.
Uh-huh. I've heard >exactly< the same thing about oxycodone addiction.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post but here goes Karma. I will tell you what you tell everyone that has a personal religious experience, and that is. I don't believe you. I think you call other people's claims to be fake because you make false claims yourself.
Do you have some evidence that he wasn't involved with a fundraiser? NO? I guess that means you just flippantly bear false witness.
Mind your 9th commandment, Karma boy.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know this because you know all things and can tell real Christians from nonChristians and false Christians using your Supernatural Powers. Interesting that I never consider self importance, delusion and arrogance as Supernatural powers. Must be something to see when you use them to fight crime.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13773...
These fish could not have evolved...period.
..but they have! The special symbiotic relationships or preference diets arose gradually when the organisms sought niche in competitive and aggressive environments. In time those which achieved success by whatever means survived and then the relationship with the other specis got defines. The same is true for preying and preyed upon specis. A deer will try to protect its young from lions but it knows that now and then it may lose one to lions. Hence, deer roam in gangs! Got it! Things did not always got wonderful or nasty for no reason!
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I don't buy it. Funny how you remember something so well that you claim happened over 20 years ago. At least you didn't say it happened last year. You got a lot of information about the man from a brief phone conversation.
I can't imagine a man of science would point to a living animal and call it an example of a transitional species. That would be rather stupid. Of course it is a stupid topic. Transitional to what? That would require three points and not just a single point or even two points. I suppose I will have to spell it out. Transitional means coming from something and going to something.
A man that wrote a book entitled Evolution and then did a second edition had nothing to offer in support of evolution? Are you daft as well as a liar?
You are name dropping again. I would imagine that most evolutionists were aware of Michael Denton's book regarding evolution unless you mean his work in erythrocytes. They do fit the pattern of using fundamentalist propaganda to support your belief that you have established on here.
I didn't provide you with the entire quote. In truth Dr. Patterson had been asking numerous groups the same question, not just about systematics, but in general about finding any one thing about evolution that a person knew was true.

New findings in micro-biology were unraveling any possibility to explain evolution as was the nagging absence of transitional forms in the living and fossil record. Mayr and Gould had recently come up with "punctuated equilibrium" as an answer. Lets have it happen so fast it leaves no trace.

My point is if evolution is true there should be many examples of transitional forms running around today, there are none. This perplexed Patterson and at least he was honest about it. The lung fish had been postulated as an intermediate fish becoming a land animal, but convergence defeats that, as does boundaries in the DNA, how would a 1/2 done version breath and live? Like any bad mutation it would be DOA, and where are the next versions? nowhere.

Its obvious Patterson had been doing some personal reflection. His tone to me also indicated the same lack of faith in 1990. Revising his book was a life goal, so what? I hope t see him in Heaven.

At any rate, how come such a complex organism like a Prokaryotic bacteria from 3.6 BY ago not evolve as better mechanism than the one we see still operating perfectly today? Have you been avoiding the real question? In 2009 they studied code from 40,000 generations and still got the same cell, with the same flagella driven by a proton motor! Only a super intelligence could do that, not mindless self directed evolution.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have some evidence that he wasn't involved with a fundraiser? NO? I guess that means you just flippantly bear false witness.
We're not in court.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you and he don't believe what anyone says, because you do know yourselves, and you don't tell the truth. Like I said we are not in court. I think you guys are so fake it's likely you are a 2nd log in ID that he uses, as you could see no one here agrees with me, I am not doing that but before spell check I caught many doing it. That spell check was the greatest day for online posers.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand that I don't give a rats ass what you believe or don't believe, correct?

And I noticed you dodged the question.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not in court.
Ohh.. I didn't realize xtians had to be sworn in to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It does seem y'all think that since Jesus fulfilled the prophecies it's just heathens,'sinners' and 'abominations' who are bound to Deuteronomic and Mosaic Laws.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in my case, but I think that is why that person does that, he enjoys causing sour grapes. I do honestly think the poster is full of something that does not smell good.
Blah, blah, blah.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you and he don't believe what anyone says, because you do know yourselves, and you don't tell the truth. Like I said we are not in court. I think you guys are so fake it's likely you are a 2nd log in ID that he uses, as you could see no one here agrees with me, I am not doing that but before spell check I caught many doing it. That spell check was the greatest day for online posers.
Spell check, huh? I thought you said we're not in court. So what are you trying to prove?

No second account, Mr Conspiracy.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I only post as ChromiuMan, and rarely with the unregistered moniker MirrorMan. You can believe that or not at your leisure. You know what they say about liars and thieves not trusting honest people.
Funny that you should bring up "know yourselves" (even if you meant a different context) as I consider swallowing the church written doctrine of the Christ to be the height (or dregs) of self deception.
"Ignore thyself, and strive to know thy God!" - Coleridge

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

183 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min TALLYHO 8541 35,025
Word Association. (Nov '10) 3 min Princess Hey 16,603
Word Association (Mar '10) 5 min Bezeer 15,756
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 7 min Bezeer 6,244
The letter E (Jun '13) 7 min Princess Hey 835
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min buck 15,153
Word Association (Jun '10) 7 min Bezeer 26,018
Dog faints after reuniting with owner 1 hr Marley 5
Tell Us Who or What You Really Are,...? (Apr '13) 2 hr Denny CranesPlace 1,530