Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95707 Jul 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh.. I didn't realize xtians had to be sworn in to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It does seem y'all think that since Jesus fulfilled the prophecies it's just heathens,'sinners' and 'abominations' who are bound to Deuteronomic and Mosaic Laws.
Be advised I am a Pagan, of course you don't believe me. Because I back them over Atheist. I accuse Atheist of using the science of control as practiced by religions, but they do it better. And please spare me trivia from the middle, bronze and dark ages. I won't respect that because that was the ways of those times.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95708 Jul 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I only post as ChromiuMan, and rarely with the unregistered moniker MirrorMan. You can believe that or not at your leisure. You know what they say about liars and thieves not trusting honest people.
Funny that you should bring up "know yourselves" (even if you meant a different context) as I consider swallowing the church written doctrine of the Christ to be the height (or dregs) of self deception.
"Ignore thyself, and strive to know thy God!" - Coleridge
I am familiar, as a jogger that is the voice that tells you to stop prior to completing your goal. It is what drives you from violent actions. Yes, religions do have bad points, but there are those that need it. If you don't well bully for you. Rejoice, open a beverage of your choice and celebrate ok

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#95709 Jul 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm moving to Polk/Hillsborough County from north Florida soon.(Gawd, I hate packing.) If I show my location there's no end to the havoc I might wreak with his paranoia. ;-)
I live in Polk and work in Hillsborough. Keep us posted on your plans.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#95710 Jul 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to answer this question, the answer is obvious. Why would I answer a question from a proud dis-believer? You're getting what you all ways give from me.
Hey, pal, let's not forget you were the one who started with the fat guy stuff and no lives. You reap what you sow, bub.

And you STILL never answered me.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#95711 Jul 30, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
..but they have! The special symbiotic relationships or preference diets arose gradually when the organisms sought niche in competitive and aggressive environments. In time those which achieved success by whatever means survived and then the relationship with the other specis got defines. The same is true for preying and preyed upon specis. A deer will try to protect its young from lions but it knows that now and then it may lose one to lions. Hence, deer roam in gangs! Got it! Things did not always got wonderful or nasty for no reason!
These fish could never have evolved gradually to become immune to the poisonous plants which they live among or they would have ALL died off before they acquired this "SLOWLY EVOLVING IMMUNITY".

Isn't that what evo's teach that evolution is so slow moving, we can never witness it?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#95712 Jul 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. I've heard >exactly< the same thing about oxycodone addiction.
Not a big surprise

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#95713 Jul 30, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
These fish could never have evolved gradually to become immune to the poisonous plants which they live among or they would have ALL died off before they acquired this "SLOWLY EVOLVING IMMUNITY".
Isn't that what evo's teach that evolution is so slow moving, we can never witness it?
yet we have seen it. in your own lifetime. we have seen bacterium become resistant to poison that killed it off...

wow...kinda shoots down your entire uninformed concept of how evolution works, huh?
Hulu

Metamora, IL

#95714 Jul 30, 2013
Huh wrote:
Just once would like creationist to have one small shred of proof or data to try to prove there belief.
Primitive humans used to tell imaginary stories to pass on beliefs. Now, just because of print they think it MUST be true. The human brain developed imagination as a coping mechanism. To cope with reality, many humans have a problem seperating fact(life in general)from imagination(The Bible). Once the God seed is planted in the brain all reality is lost in a world of imaginary stories and pictures that seems real to most brainwashed followers.

St. Croix valley

#95719 Jul 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got nothing to worry about dan.
There is nothing of importance that you know that I don't know.
So go ahead now and explain your believes on where time came from.
Waiting dan......
time was made when space was made they are tied together. this is why time is relative, why time is different in orbit than it is down here on Earth.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#95721 Jul 30, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I don't buy it. Funny how you remember something so well that you claim happened over 20 years ago. At least you didn't say it happened last year. You got a lot of information about the man from a brief phone conversation.

I can't imagine a man of science would point to a living animal and call it an example of a transitional species. That would be rather stupid. Of course it is a stupid topic. Transitional to what? That would require three points and not just a single point or even two points. I suppose I will have to spell it out. Transitional means coming from something and going to something.

A man that wrote a book entitled Evolution and then did a second edition had nothing to offer in support of evolution? Are you daft as well as a liar?

You are name dropping again. I would imagine that most evolutionists were aware of Michael Denton's book regarding evolution unless you mean his work in erythrocytes. What significance is knowing Denton's work germane to evolution? You are just throwing more window dressing into your post.

Maybe you called and maybe you didn't. Maybe he talked to you and maybe he didn't. We have only the word of a person with very little credibility and an agenda. What is supported by evidence is that Patterson was quote mined and continues to be quote mined as you have done. He was opposed to his words being taken out of context and his public views on this certainly do not reflect the story you tell. They do fit the pattern of using fundamentalist propaganda to support your belief that you have established on here.
dan I remember things from over 50 years ago with ease. Do you have memory issues dan?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#95722 Jul 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got nothing to worry about dan.
There is nothing of importance that you know that I don't know.
So go ahead now and explain your believes on where time came from.
Waiting dan......
Glad to hear that is cleared up. I haven't slept a wink since this became an issue.

St. Croix valley

#95723 Jul 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about time dan. Where did it come from. It such a strange dimension isn't it dan? Length and width and hight all constant but time is not a constant dan is it? what's up with that dan?
the fabric of space can be stretched, so the three dimensions you referenced are not constant just like time....
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#95724 Jul 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>time was made when space was made they are tied together. this is why time is relative, why time is different in orbit than it is down here on Earth.
How do you know time among other things did not exist before your so called big bang. Something had to be there to go bang did it not?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#95725 Jul 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
dan I remember things from over 50 years ago with ease. Do you have memory issues dan?
I understand that at night sometimes you guys can still hear the screams of your victims. 50 year ago. That is fantastic. Not even all that booze and fundamentalist stupidity has cured you eh. Excellent.

You tell us brother. No memory demons running through you. Amen.

St. Croix valley

#95726 Jul 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that there is No proof of evolution at the macro level dan, do you have some proof dan that you would like to share? Come on dan this is your religion we're talking about here.
outside of the clear fossil record of evolution, you mean...

Level 1

Location hidden

#95727 Jul 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>time was made when space was made they are tied together. this is why time is relative, why time is different in orbit than it is down here on Earth.
So you are saying time did in fact start 13.7 billion years ago and nothing existed before that.

Level 1

Location hidden

#95728 Jul 30, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to hear that is cleared up. I haven't slept a wink since this became an issue.
Sorry to hear that dan.

Now dan please elaborate on the beginning of time. If it is not too much trouble dan.

St. Croix valley

#95729 Jul 30, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know time among other things did not exist before your so called big bang. Something had to be there to go bang did it not?
because time and space are one.

yes something did go "bang"....everything we know of, as a matter of fact.

St. Croix valley

#95730 Jul 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying time did in fact start 13.7 billion years ago and nothing existed before that.
no. Everything existed before that, in a singularity.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#95731 Jul 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>because time and space are one.
yes something did go "bang"....everything we know of, as a matter of fact.
So you admit something was there before the big bang. So then what makes you think time was not there as well, because that is what you have been told?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 4 min Tender Mercies 29,330
WEIRD! Women Cyclists Model In Romantic Kits 4 min Rev Don Wildmoan 2
yellow...??? 5 min Old Sam 94
What Can Be Tapped,...? 6 min ---Word Woman--- 43
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Princess Hey 146,677
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 7 min Old Sam 3,575
Man Allegedly Cooked Ex's Dog, Served It to Her... 16 min Wabbit 13
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 17 min ---Word Woman--- 20,009
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 18 min reebie 5,426
What's your tip for the day? 33 min Old Sam 1,027