Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95689 Jul 30, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way to understand it until it happens to you.
Uh-huh. I've heard >exactly< the same thing about oxycodone addiction.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95690 Jul 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post but here goes Karma. I will tell you what you tell everyone that has a personal religious experience, and that is. I don't believe you. I think you call other people's claims to be fake because you make false claims yourself.
Do you have some evidence that he wasn't involved with a fundraiser? NO? I guess that means you just flippantly bear false witness.
Mind your 9th commandment, Karma boy.

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#95691 Jul 30, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its because they haven't experienced a truthful experience yet. There is no way to understand it until it happens to you.
You know this because you know all things and can tell real Christians from nonChristians and false Christians using your Supernatural Powers. Interesting that I never consider self importance, delusion and arrogance as Supernatural powers. Must be something to see when you use them to fight crime.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#95692 Jul 30, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13773...
These fish could not have evolved...period.
..but they have! The special symbiotic relationships or preference diets arose gradually when the organisms sought niche in competitive and aggressive environments. In time those which achieved success by whatever means survived and then the relationship with the other specis got defines. The same is true for preying and preyed upon specis. A deer will try to protect its young from lions but it knows that now and then it may lose one to lions. Hence, deer roam in gangs! Got it! Things did not always got wonderful or nasty for no reason!
Mark

United States

#95693 Jul 30, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I don't buy it. Funny how you remember something so well that you claim happened over 20 years ago. At least you didn't say it happened last year. You got a lot of information about the man from a brief phone conversation.
I can't imagine a man of science would point to a living animal and call it an example of a transitional species. That would be rather stupid. Of course it is a stupid topic. Transitional to what? That would require three points and not just a single point or even two points. I suppose I will have to spell it out. Transitional means coming from something and going to something.
A man that wrote a book entitled Evolution and then did a second edition had nothing to offer in support of evolution? Are you daft as well as a liar?
You are name dropping again. I would imagine that most evolutionists were aware of Michael Denton's book regarding evolution unless you mean his work in erythrocytes. They do fit the pattern of using fundamentalist propaganda to support your belief that you have established on here.
I didn't provide you with the entire quote. In truth Dr. Patterson had been asking numerous groups the same question, not just about systematics, but in general about finding any one thing about evolution that a person knew was true.

New findings in micro-biology were unraveling any possibility to explain evolution as was the nagging absence of transitional forms in the living and fossil record. Mayr and Gould had recently come up with "punctuated equilibrium" as an answer. Lets have it happen so fast it leaves no trace.

My point is if evolution is true there should be many examples of transitional forms running around today, there are none. This perplexed Patterson and at least he was honest about it. The lung fish had been postulated as an intermediate fish becoming a land animal, but convergence defeats that, as does boundaries in the DNA, how would a 1/2 done version breath and live? Like any bad mutation it would be DOA, and where are the next versions? nowhere.

Its obvious Patterson had been doing some personal reflection. His tone to me also indicated the same lack of faith in 1990. Revising his book was a life goal, so what? I hope t see him in Heaven.

At any rate, how come such a complex organism like a Prokaryotic bacteria from 3.6 BY ago not evolve as better mechanism than the one we see still operating perfectly today? Have you been avoiding the real question? In 2009 they studied code from 40,000 generations and still got the same cell, with the same flagella driven by a proton motor! Only a super intelligence could do that, not mindless self directed evolution.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95694 Jul 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have some evidence that he wasn't involved with a fundraiser? NO? I guess that means you just flippantly bear false witness.
Mind your 9th commandment, Karma boy.
We're not in court.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95695 Jul 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have some evidence that he wasn't involved with a fundraiser? NO? I guess that means you just flippantly bear false witness.
Mind your 9th commandment, Karma boy.
I think you and he don't believe what anyone says, because you do know yourselves, and you don't tell the truth. Like I said we are not in court. I think you guys are so fake it's likely you are a 2nd log in ID that he uses, as you could see no one here agrees with me, I am not doing that but before spell check I caught many doing it. That spell check was the greatest day for online posers.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#95696 Jul 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post but here goes Karma. I will tell you what you tell everyone that has a personal religious experience, and that is. I don't believe you. I think you call other people's claims to be fake because you make false claims yourself.
You do understand that I don't give a rats ass what you believe or don't believe, correct?

And I noticed you dodged the question.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95697 Jul 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not in court.
Ohh.. I didn't realize xtians had to be sworn in to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It does seem y'all think that since Jesus fulfilled the prophecies it's just heathens,'sinners' and 'abominations' who are bound to Deuteronomic and Mosaic Laws.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#95698 Jul 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in my case, but I think that is why that person does that, he enjoys causing sour grapes. I do honestly think the poster is full of something that does not smell good.
Blah, blah, blah.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#95699 Jul 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you and he don't believe what anyone says, because you do know yourselves, and you don't tell the truth. Like I said we are not in court. I think you guys are so fake it's likely you are a 2nd log in ID that he uses, as you could see no one here agrees with me, I am not doing that but before spell check I caught many doing it. That spell check was the greatest day for online posers.
Spell check, huh? I thought you said we're not in court. So what are you trying to prove?

No second account, Mr Conspiracy.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95700 Jul 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you and he don't believe what anyone says, because you do know yourselves, and you don't tell the truth. Like I said we are not in court. I think you guys are so fake it's likely you are a 2nd log in ID that he uses, as you could see no one here agrees with me, I am not doing that but before spell check I caught many doing it. That spell check was the greatest day for online posers.
I only post as ChromiuMan, and rarely with the unregistered moniker MirrorMan. You can believe that or not at your leisure. You know what they say about liars and thieves not trusting honest people.
Funny that you should bring up "know yourselves" (even if you meant a different context) as I consider swallowing the church written doctrine of the Christ to be the height (or dregs) of self deception.
"Ignore thyself, and strive to know thy God!" - Coleridge

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95701 Jul 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Spell check, huh? I thought you said we're not in court. So what are you trying to prove?
No second account, Mr Conspiracy.
Actually, I'm moving to Polk/Hillsborough County from north Florida soon.(Gawd, I hate packing.) If I show my location there's no end to the havoc I might wreak with his paranoia. ;-)

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#95702 Jul 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm moving to Polk/Hillsborough County from north Florida soon.(Gawd, I hate packing.) If I show my location there's no end to the havoc I might wreak with his paranoia. ;-)
Chrome....let me know when you get set up.

Could meet midway (from S. O-do) and quaff a few.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95703 Jul 30, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Chrome....let me know when you get set up.
Could meet midway (from S. O-do) and quaff a few.
Looking forward to waving Palatka goodbye. I'm way familiar with O-town. Watched 'em bulldoze the groves, blow up city hall and build up OIA. Midway would be Haines City but I'd just as soon wave while passing that, too. Maybe Lake Buena Vista in some future.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#95704 Jul 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking forward to waving Palatka goodbye. I'm way familiar with O-town. Watched 'em bulldoze the groves, blow up city hall and build up OIA. Midway would be Haines City but I'd just as soon wave while passing that, too. Maybe Lake Buena Vista in some future.
Cool with that.

Met MikeF there a couple of years ago, but I think he would be closer to you otherwise.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95705 Jul 30, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool with that.
Met MikeF there a couple of years ago, but I think he would be closer to you otherwise.
I'll probably make a few forays into Tampa, Lakeland, St. Pete. Right now I gotta make forays into scrubbing the pool, cleaning out the shed...

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95706 Jul 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand that I don't give a rats ass what you believe or don't believe, correct?
And I noticed you dodged the question.
You don't have to answer this question, the answer is obvious. Why would I answer a question from a proud dis-believer? You're getting what you all ways give from me.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95707 Jul 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh.. I didn't realize xtians had to be sworn in to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It does seem y'all think that since Jesus fulfilled the prophecies it's just heathens,'sinners' and 'abominations' who are bound to Deuteronomic and Mosaic Laws.
Be advised I am a Pagan, of course you don't believe me. Because I back them over Atheist. I accuse Atheist of using the science of control as practiced by religions, but they do it better. And please spare me trivia from the middle, bronze and dark ages. I won't respect that because that was the ways of those times.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#95708 Jul 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I only post as ChromiuMan, and rarely with the unregistered moniker MirrorMan. You can believe that or not at your leisure. You know what they say about liars and thieves not trusting honest people.
Funny that you should bring up "know yourselves" (even if you meant a different context) as I consider swallowing the church written doctrine of the Christ to be the height (or dregs) of self deception.
"Ignore thyself, and strive to know thy God!" - Coleridge
I am familiar, as a jogger that is the voice that tells you to stop prior to completing your goal. It is what drives you from violent actions. Yes, religions do have bad points, but there are those that need it. If you don't well bully for you. Rejoice, open a beverage of your choice and celebrate ok

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min replaytime 148,984
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 22 min wichita-rick 1,886
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 32 min beatlesinthebog 40,418
Big dawg 35 min Princess Hey 621
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 35 min replaytime 6,236
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 37 min beatlesinthebog 24,572
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 38 min Princess Hey 54,835
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 42 min beatlesinthebog 38
True or False Game 1 hr SLY WEST 383
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 2 hr SLY WEST 32
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 22,231

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE