Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
90,301 - 90,320 of 112,794 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's that twerp Rubak, of whom I have heard before.
He's a Creationist blogger. And that's all.
One of probably many, many I have not heard of. It eplains why this looks like blog droppings.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's that twerp Rubak, of whom I have heard before.
He's a Creationist blogger. And that's all.
I was trying to track the source of the cut and paste. These things sprout like weeds out of nowhere. You would think that the authors would be proud to be recognized for their work. I always hope that the person posting such would have the integrity and seriousness to provide a proper citation. My expectations are rarely met.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I was trying to track the source of the cut and paste. These things sprout like weeds out of nowhere. You would think that the authors would be proud to be recognized for their work. I always hope that the person posting such would have the integrity and seriousness to provide a proper citation. My expectations are rarely met.
"Integrity"?

We're both diggin' in the wrong field.

I'm a bit cranky today.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Integrity"?
We're both diggin' in the wrong field.
I'm a bit cranky today.
Dogen says I am very optimistic.

I am too. Maybe I need a vacation.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Dogen says I am very optimistic.
I am too. Maybe I need a vacation.
I wanted to go kayaking in the 'Glades today. Didn't manage it.

Perhaps over the weekend.

I'd be happy to show you around.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I wanted to go kayaking in the 'Glades today. Didn't manage it.
Perhaps over the weekend.
I'd be happy to show you around.
That would be a long drive, but I appreciate the offer. I may be fishing tomorrow or target shooting. Maybe both.

I have never seen the Everglades, but always wanted to.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That would be a long drive, but I appreciate the offer. I may be fishing tomorrow or target shooting. Maybe both.
They're mostly wet.

Oh, and there are some nice outdoor ranges here, too.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That would be a long drive, but I appreciate the offer. I may be fishing tomorrow or target shooting. Maybe both.
Yup.

As would I.

But not until October.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Part 6
The simple question that should come to mind then is: What is at the other side of the barrier?
With this basic understanding, we must conclude that anything on the other side of this "barrier", even if it's pure empty space must also be a part of the universe. Even if the other side consists of space/matter that doesn't conform to any law of physics currently known to man, it does still exist, and therefore must be included in the list of "Everything that exists anywhere" and therefore is part of the universe.
This means that any imagined barrier to the universe can not exist.
OK so just for thoroughness let's take away an assumption: Let's assume that the aforementioned "barrier" has no other side. To do this it must be a barrier of infinite thickness. Anything less would create another "side" as mentioned above.
OK so we now have a barrier of unknown composition and infinite thickness enclosing the entire universe.
What's wrong with this picture? Simple: Any barrier, no matter what it's made of, how impenetrable or how thick is still a part of this universe. Even a barrier of a thickness of 10,001,000 googolplex light-years (Trust me that's VERY thick) is still a part of this universe. The fact that we can't analyze it, penetrate it or get any information on its internal composition doesn't mean that isn't a part of the universe.
So if the barrier to the universe is infinite in thickness and since the barrier is part of the universe, the universe is also infinite in size.
If no barrier to the universe exists, then the universe is still infinite in size.
If the outermost edge of the universe is completely empty space then the universe is still infinite in size.
Ultimate conclusion: The universe is infinite in size at all times.
Since this is the case, the big bang becomes not the creation of the universe, but only a major occurrence during its existence.
The birth of a tree
How old would a tree be in the year 2002 if the seed start sprouting back in 1921? The obvious answer is 81 years old.
But how old is the seed? How long did it exist before it started sprouting? How long ago was it on the tree from which it sprouted? How old is the mother tree?
The basic information given can't give us the full picture in terms of multigenerational questions.
If a Big Bang actually occurred, the most likely scenario is that is part of a cycle of explosion, contraction, explosion and contraction ad infinitum. One explosion is simply one generation of an infinite life span. In fact, my guess is that Big Bangs happen in multiple places at different times.
The second purpose of this article is to layout other truths in conjunction with dispelling the theory.
The universe is infinite in size and time
Time had no beginning and will have no end
In other words, the universe is infinite in size, has always existed and will never end.
Why do I believe these concepts? Simply because any other explanation I've found runs into many of the same problems. Mainly: "But what happened before that?"
The funny part is that most opponents to these truths I show usually don't like the concept of an infinitely sized, never-beginning, never-ending universe. Then they try to hurt these arguments with rebuttal theories involving something equally large such as an infinite sized barrier or an infinitely powered deity.
I would like to hear if you have another plausible more logical explanation than a never-ending universe.
You are such a scheming reamer, nothing you ever say or said. Could ever be trusted by anyone with more than trivial knowledge. you are the very thing that corrupts and makes the Earth a desolation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

In fact, I'd REALLY like to get into the hinterlands of the Everglades in late November, with a good telescope, in order to get a REAL good view of Comet ISON.

Gotta get a good telescope first!

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
As would I.
But not until October.
C'mon. I'll make it work.
You'll hafta rent your own 'yak, though. Mine only seats one.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
You, too.

It's still mostly wet.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
In fact, I'd REALLY like to get into the hinterlands of the Everglades in late November, with a good telescope, in order to get a REAL good view of Comet ISON.
Gotta get a good telescope first!
I have a spot.
It's an abandoned parking lot, way out West.

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I have a spot.
It's an abandoned parking lot, way out West.
Ya got a 'scope?

I'll bring the beer!
Simple Simon

Red House, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

If evolution is true. Then why are'nt we actually seeing and observing the process going on continually right now? I mean would'nt there still be monkey -stepping- things- into- people, wandering around on our earth??
'
And if so.... What are we RIGHT NOW evolving into?
'
Or is this the last and final step of the evolution process, which would prove it wrong and should not be called evolution... You know? Just sayin..
''
Faith in YHVH is so simple even a CHILD can uh 'get it."..........He has proved himself over and over. and I hope that you may all go trough the invited open door, and just accept his most wondefull word that is forever settled in the heavens....
'
"In the beginning was THE WORD... and the WORD was with GOD, and the WORD was GOd."
'
'
'
'Peace out.. Bless all in their deep admirations and searchings of all his blessed creations.. 8)
'
'
'
IN DUH END..........>!<+>- <><@@@
'

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Simple Simon wrote:
If evolution is true. Then why are'nt we actually seeing and observing the process going on continually right now? I mean would'nt there still be monkey -stepping- things- into- people, wandering around on our earth??
'
And if so.... What are we RIGHT NOW evolving into?
'
Or is this the last and final step of the evolution process, which would prove it wrong and should not be called evolution... You know? Just sayin..
''
Faith in YHVH is so simple even a CHILD can uh 'get it."..........He has proved himself over and over. and I hope that you may all go trough the invited open door, and just accept his most wondefull word that is forever settled in the heavens....
'
"In the beginning was THE WORD... and the WORD was with GOD, and the WORD was GOd."
'
'
'
'Peace out.. Bless all in their deep admirations and searchings of all his blessed creations.. 8)
'
'
'
IN DUH END..........>!<+>- <><@@@
'
Your idea is simple, it doesn't require you to "know" anything.

Stand still now, this wont take long.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
As would I.
But not until October.
I'd be game to take a look around. I haven't had a real vacation in over six years.

There was a steakhouse in Orlando named Charlies or Charley's that I remember being pretty darned good. That would be worth a visit again too if it is still there.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya got a 'scope?
I'll bring the beer!
Not any more, alas. I gave mine to the Nieces a while back.

But I know where I can borrow one.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I'd be game to take a look around. I haven't had a real vacation in over six years.
There was a steakhouse in Orlando named Charlies or Charley's that I remember being pretty darned good. That would be worth a visit again too if it is still there.
Orlando's a bit far from here...
Like, on another planet.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Orlando's a bit far from here...
Like, on another planet.
I live in Missouri. It is all another planet to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••