Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
90,161 - 90,180 of 115,251 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#95259 Jul 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, you are aware that DNA is what cemented evolution in the scientific community, right?
<quoted text>
Ah, so evolution occurs it's just that a young Earth prevents change from accumulating. Well done. You have at least openly admitted you're a reality denier.
<quoted text>
Yes. By creationists. Chemistry is not accidental. If you combine hydrogen and oxygen you won't "accidentally" get platinum or gold.
<quoted text>
Actually if you accept "micro" evolution then you accept that the mechanisms have been replicated in the lab. At which point due to humans lasting only about 100 years as opposed to the 4.5 billion years of the Earth's existence, your ONLY argument then is "How do YOU know? Where you THERE?!?" Which means admitting to an arbitrary barrier to accumulative change.
<quoted text>
Which is why we can give examples of positive mutations, which will subsequently be ignored, because:
<quoted text>
Except for the fact that invisible things are NOT clearly seen and your position rests upon Jewish magic. This means evidence is not relevant to your position no matter how much we provide since there is no problem that cannot be solved by throwing invisible Jewmagic at it. Of course even IF evolution was wrong we could also claim magic and it would be just as valid.
<quoted text>
Do a DNA test on you and your parents. Are all your genomes consistent with genetic drift? Then evolution has successfully passed that test. Observable, testable, verifiable, repeatable.
Now compare this with invisible Jewish magic. Is the DNA consistent with genetic drift? Then Goddidit. Is it not consistent with genetic drift? Then Goddidit. Doesn't matter. Now you see your problem.
You will not acknowledge it however since you've already demonstrated yourself to be yet another liar for Jesus.
<quoted text>
Invisible Jewmagic? It's not competing in the scientific arena. Only the public opinion arena. But as we already agreed, popular opinion has no bearing on a concept's reality.
<quoted text>
That's because fundies are dishonest in public debates. However in scientific debates those are the ones fundies shy away from. They're happy to write books on apologetics but not publish a science paper on invisible Jewmagic. They're supposed to be without excuse, right?
Actually, Homology, drawings of human evo like 'Piltdown man' and the now upsidedown horse series in nice diagrams did more to convince people than DNA ever did. DNA evidence wreaked them. SO now they scramble to title paper's on micro-bio something evo but when you read the content it's the opposite. There are letters and emails flying mentioning "don't let the other side see this".

The verse does mention 'invisible', like the complexity and design in the cell that allows life.

Variation in micro-evo just shows the creativity of God's designs, the ability to adapt throughout a range of environments, not changing 'kind'. If He would have not designed this way animal life would but pretty sparse in types and boring. Fact is evo can't be replicated nor observed nor working @ the cell level. So its not science. God says He added thorns and a more difficult childbirth at one point. Garden for a week sometime. He can add the genetic load of deterioration and did once so that's what we see in the genes. we don't have pure DNA now.
I am heading out of State now so later.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#95261 Jul 13, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Homology, drawings of human evo like 'Piltdown man' and the now upsidedown horse series in nice diagrams did more to convince people than DNA ever did. DNA evidence wreaked them. SO now they scramble to title paper's on micro-bio something evo but when you read the content it's the opposite. There are letters and emails flying mentioning "don't let the other side see this".
The verse does mention 'invisible', like the complexity and design in the cell that allows life.
Variation in micro-evo just shows the creativity of God's designs, the ability to adapt throughout a range of environments, not changing 'kind'. If He would have not designed this way animal life would but pretty sparse in types and boring. Fact is evo can't be replicated nor observed nor working @ the cell level. So its not science. God says He added thorns and a more difficult childbirth at one point. Garden for a week sometime. He can add the genetic load of deterioration and did once so that's what we see in the genes. we don't have pure DNA now.
The baby Jebus cwies when you lie. Piltdown man had nothing to do with convincing people about evolution. Since he made no sense he was never incorporated in the theory. But, yes fossils that appear the way that the theory of evolution, like that of horse descent did convince people. Most thinking people had already accepted the theory of evolution be the time DNA was discovered.

What DNA has done since is to slam home the theory of evolution. The fossil record is enough to confirm the theory of evolution. DNA does that 1,000 times over.

There is a reason that science is done the way it is done. The main reason is that it works. Creationists can't even get started with a hypothesis that describes what we see in the world of biology and paleontology from a creationist point of view. Anything that they try to come up with is quickly debunked by observable facts. These same facts do not debunk evolution. They support it.

Do you realize what a problem your side has because of this?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#95262 Jul 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The baby Jebus cwies when you lie. Piltdown man had nothing to do with convincing people about evolution. Since he made no sense he was never incorporated in the theory. But, yes fossils that appear the way that the theory of evolution, like that of horse descent did convince people. Most thinking people had already accepted the theory of evolution be the time DNA was discovered.
What DNA has done since is to slam home the theory of evolution. The fossil record is enough to confirm the theory of evolution. DNA does that 1,000 times over.
There is a reason that science is done the way it is done. The main reason is that it works. Creationists can't even get started with a hypothesis that describes what we see in the world of biology and paleontology from a creationist point of view. Anything that they try to come up with is quickly debunked by observable facts. These same facts do not debunk evolution. They support it.
Do you realize what a problem your side has because of this?
Watching SBT there has been an interesting progression of arguments with some basis in science to these later posts that are largely propaganda and lies.

Now I don't know him, but if I look at the "fossil" evidence preserved in this forum, I can get some idea of this person. Now, it isn't a complete picture of a whole group, but there is other "fossils" on this forum. If I get enough of the different "fossil" evidence here and maybe in other forums, I can formulate a theory or what I observe.

No, according to SBT, you can't do that. You have to feel and know the unobservable to be able to know anything. If he can't see it, feel it, know it, understand it or observe it in any objective way it must be so and it must be real.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#95263 Jul 13, 2013

Sam Harris Demolishes Christianity -- 11:23 and well worth every second.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#95264 Jul 13, 2013
Gillette wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9X9iL2kKj2cXX
christianity pretty much demolishes christianity on its own...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#95265 Jul 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>christianity pretty much demolishes christianity on its own...
Hah!

Only if you think logically.

Debunk that point!

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#95267 Jul 14, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
"Upside down horse series"? This should be good.

Please do tell us all about the latest distortion / quote mine / deliberate obfuscation effort by the creationists, this time regarding the evolution of the horse. This should be good, I can't wait.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95268 Jul 14, 2013
Gillette wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9X9iL2kKj2cXX
So the point he is making here, is why would God let innocent people suffer and die?...and if God was so loving and righteous, why would he not punish the wicked and reward the innocent and faithful?

But yet the main premise of the bible is that the wicked do get a just reward after death (hell) and likewise innocent and faithful are rewarded, with eternal life (Heaven)

John 18:36

Jesus answered, "My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world."

"My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom"

"my Kingdom is not of this world"

just sayin'
Glad to be foreign

Canada

#95269 Jul 14, 2013
Jamel Quentrell wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Your professor lied to you!
The story of Adam and Eve is scientific
DNA Proves Adam & Eve Existed
http://www.cross.tv/29711
Sodom and Gommorah were real cities that you can visit today
http://www.cross.tv/41280
The Rea sea Evidence: Archeology Proves the Exodus
http://www.cross.tv/30044
Rea Sea parting
http://www.cross.tv/41289
Shattering the Jesus Myth
http://www.cross.tv/24457
The James Ossuary Silences Atheists & Bible Skeptics
http://www.cross.tv/67298
etc etc etc.
The point is the evidence is out their is you are looking for the truth.

The truth is, americans believe in the religion crap 'cos they're gullible and stupid.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#95270 Jul 14, 2013
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism has nothing to do with Evolution. Why would scientists support Evolution with no evidence?
Correct. 2003 Genome Project is the evidence that the Evolution of the Specis is no longer a theory but a fundamental fact. Then GOD planned the evolution of Specis amongst other things but no religion told this truth to us. All religions have fanciful tales of creation and these are now exposed as untrue.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#95271 Jul 14, 2013
Professor wrote:
Even if evolution is true (and there is plenty of evidence to support it), scientists cannot explain how the very first cell came into existence.
After the Big Bang, the universe was sterile. SOMETHING happened to cause life to appear out of nothing.
But single cell have been developed in a lab recently.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95272 Jul 14, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So the point he is making here, is why would God let innocent people suffer and die?...and if God was so loving and righteous, why would he not punish the wicked and reward the innocent and faithful?
But yet the main premise of the bible is that the wicked do get a just reward after death (hell) and likewise innocent and faithful are rewarded, with eternal life (Heaven)
John 18:36
Jesus answered, "My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world."
"My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom"
"my Kingdom is not of this world"
just sayin'
So....you get to go to invisible land, to be with the invisible god, and invisible people. We just call that being dead, yeah the upside, well there ain't no upside to being dead.

Location hidden

#95273 Jul 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So....you get to go to invisible land, to be with the invisible god, and invisible people. We just call that being dead, yeah the upside, well there ain't no upside to being dead.
So your claim is that anything not perceived by the human eye,is to be considered non-existent by lack of perception?

Then that would suggest that your very thoughts are void.lol

Level 8

Location hidden

#95274 Jul 14, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So your claim is that anything not perceived by the human eye,is to be considered non-existent by lack of perception?
To the contrary , my very thoughts are conveyed into words.
They appear on your screen, you see them with your eye, or two.
That seems to be beyond the power of your god, and I am just a man.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#95275 Jul 14, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstood the point.

What we believe should be based upon some sort fo evidence. I don't really care to get into the whole god or no god, which god is the right god at this time. We do have evidence for evolution. Lots and lots of it. Creationists cannot come up with a description of the world that matches the observable evidence.

To believe something that the evidence disagrees with is lunacy.

Location hidden

#95276 Jul 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> To the contrary , my very thoughts are conveyed into words.
They appear on your screen, you see them with your eye, or two.
That seems to be beyond the power of your god, and I am just a man.
So you are saying that the manifestation of your invisible thoughts into words are proof that they exist?

Then the same logic can apply to the universe being the manifestation of an invisible God could it not?

Location hidden

#95277 Jul 14, 2013
John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Level 8

Location hidden

#95278 Jul 14, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that the manifestation of your invisible thoughts into words are proof that they exist?
Then the same logic can apply to the universe being the manifestation of an invisible God could it not?

No, you are making a connection that's not there.
I am not invisible , and can show my thoughts and relay them to others.
The universe is not invisible, but if it is aware it conveys no messages.
You surmise an invisible thing, that conveys no message.

Ergo, I am real as are my thoughts, the universe is real and visible.

You contend a invisible thing that conveys no thoughts is real.
Fail, there is nothing there but "your" thought.

Location hidden

#95279 Jul 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are making a connection that's not there.
I am not invisible , and can show my thoughts and relay them to others.
The universe is not invisible, but if it is aware it conveys no messages.
You surmise an invisible thing, that conveys no message.
Ergo, I am real as are my thoughts, the universe is real and visible.
You contend a invisible thing that conveys no thoughts is real.
Fail, there is nothing there but "your" thought.
Then tell me by which of your human senses do you perceive your thoughts?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#95280 Jul 14, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me by which of your human senses do you perceive your thoughts?
Do you think that we have only 5 "senses"?

Thought is a sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min ms_Sweeter 145,298
In honor of ms Sweeter 4 min night machine 167
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 11 min SLY WEST 25,837
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 12 min mrbill3 40,150
what are you wearing? (Mar '12) 12 min Princess Hey 219
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 15 min Princess Hey 6,533
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 16 min Princess Hey 25,346
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 37 min Princess Hey 28,512
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 42 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,981
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 55 min CrunchyBacon 18,602
Fergson Police Dept. 2 hr Parden Pard 358
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••