Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#95133 Jul 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You proved no point idiot.
As I have told you before it passes the time while waiting for replies.
We all know you are trying to get your few synapses to fire for even your most pathetic of replies. I don't have to work very hard to reply to you. Your brain dead posts take only minimal thought to slap down.
Well that should be a clue that you need to get a life instead of setting at your computer and slamming that refresh button waiting for replies everyday week after week. LMFAO

Level 5

#95134 Jul 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You proved no point idiot.
As I have told you before it passes the time while waiting for replies.
We all know you are trying to get your few synapses to fire for even your most pathetic of replies. I don't have to work very hard to reply to you. Your brain dead posts take only minimal thought to slap down.
The point I proved is that you are obsessed with the crown. That is why you chase it every week, week after week and do all you have to do to get it. If you are not obsessed with it let it go for a week or two.
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95135 Jul 8, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
Obviously, no. Nothing can exist outside all that exists, by definition.
As I knew, you are about to continue with a word game argument based on the term "universe" and add absolutely nothing to the sum of human knowledge by doing so.
I am only trying to agree on the definitions of these terms. Discussions and debates are absolutely useless if same definitions are not used.

Universe has been the term for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)". It seems that there are some who want to change the meaning of the term Universe. If that is the case, then they need to propose a term also for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)".

If you feel that Universe should not be the term for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)". Do you have some/any proposal for the replacement?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95136 Jul 8, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
And on you go with the straw man. The term was "absolute totality of all existence". To which you produced a straw man twist and redefined it as "absolute totality of all 'known' existence".
Due to your twisting of the question I proposed I will ask you again, and be even more specific:
Do you consider that something can exists outside of the absolute totality of all existence (known and unknown)? YES OR NO?
You want me to admit something is unknown but I know it exists?
OK I admit there are unknown things in existence.
Can you do the same?
Happy now?

Level 8

Location hidden

#95137 Jul 8, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, no. Nothing can exist outside all that exists, by definition.
As I knew, you are about to continue with a word game argument based on the term "universe" and add absolutely nothing to the sum of human knowledge by doing so.

What about tomorrow or next year? It doesn't exist yet, but can it?
You just said it can't? Sorry the question is seriously flawed.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#95138 Jul 8, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget the term "universe".
The question is:
Do you consider that something can exists outside of the absolute totality of all existence? YES OR NO?
The question is very very simple. Are you able to give a clear answer?
As you see Aura Mytha answered your question.

Of course it is a huge jump to go from "something" to "god".
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95139 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
You want me to admit something is unknown but I know it exists?
OK I admit there are unknown things in existence.
Can you do the same?
Happy now?
Of course there are many unknown things in existence, even each person knows slightly different things. So you're really not able to answer the simple question so that we could agree on these simple terms? Seriously?

Your answer should have been the same as Chimney's yet you seem to be totally unable to produce a simple answer. it smells like religion on your part to me...

Do you have term for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)" if you don't accept Universe to be that term?
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95140 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
What about tomorrow or next year? It doesn't exist yet, but can it?
You just said it can't? Sorry the question is seriously flawed.
Well do you think the past still exists now?
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95141 Jul 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
As you see Aura Mytha answered your question.
Of course it is a huge jump to go from "something" to "god".
Do you have some sort of need to talk about some god, God, gods or Gods? You seem to be bringing that up a lot.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#95142 Jul 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The point I proved is that you are obsessed with the crown. That is why you chase it every week, week after week and do all you have to do to get it. If you are not obsessed with it let it go for a week or two.
I already have. Remember, I let you have it all to yourself. I probably will let it go again. Right now I am not going after the crown, it is a by product of what I am going after.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#95143 Jul 8, 2013
Oh, and the fact that the crown bothers you so much is a valid reason for me to going for it. So perhaps I will keep going after it for a while.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#95144 Jul 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealousy? Now you are hallucinating. I had it once with a sock just to prove a point. The point being that a person has to be here day after day and do the same things over and over to get it. It is called obsession. Which the only one here obsessed with it is SubZone and that shows everyday and every week.
Yet, you are the one who keeps bringing it up. Curious.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#95145 Jul 8, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said. I took it once just to prove a point.
Being what?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#95146 Jul 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said: You have a place/order for us, you chase the crown religiously and think you are the teacher in here. LMFAO. You are a joke that comes up with the stupidest crap. Get a life!!!
The crown again. I rest my case.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#95147 Jul 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And again.

Level 8

Location hidden

#95148 Jul 8, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there are many unknown things in existence, even each person knows slightly different things. So you're really not able to answer the simple question so that we could agree on these simple terms? Seriously?
Your answer should have been the same as Chimney's yet you seem to be totally unable to produce a simple answer. it smells like religion on your part to me...
Do you have term for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)" if you don't accept Universe to be that term?
You seem to have a problem with the term theoretical, as well as the probability that theoretical sometimes operates beyond the constraints of known science and can change known science. But it is not a religion , there is no deity or worship involved.

In classical physics and what we consider "known" , nothing exists outside the universe.

But that doesn't mean it's true, remember science is falsifiable. Before Einstein there was no warping of space/time and no absolute speed of light. Under Newtons laws of motion acceleration can continue into infinity. But the theoretical physics of Einstein changed that. Just as QM changed the micro scales of physics, cosmology has the ability to change the understanding of the macrocosm of this universe and beyond.
Do you think theoretical physics is a religion?
If you do then Einstein was a preacher.

Level 5

#95149 Jul 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Oh, and the fact that the crown bothers you so much is a valid reason for me to going for it. So perhaps I will keep going after it for a while.
Don't try to use me as an excuse for you obsession. I could go for it anytime I wanted but I just don't see the point or get satisfaction of being here everyday, every week doing the same things to get it as you seem to get the satisfaction from doing.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#95150 Jul 8, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
I am only trying to agree on the definitions of these terms. Discussions and debates are absolutely useless if same definitions are not used.
Universe has been the term for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)". It seems that there are some who want to change the meaning of the term Universe. If that is the case, then they need to propose a term also for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)".
If you feel that Universe should not be the term for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)". Do you have some/any proposal for the replacement?
Excuse me but where do you find that definition for "universe"? I can't seem to locate your version of it.

Level 5

#95151 Jul 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you are the one who keeps bringing it up. Curious.
Just wondering MikeF. Why don't you chase it? SubZone's excuse is he does it to waste time while sitting and waiting for responses to his posts. Why don't you do that?
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95152 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
You seem to have a problem with the term theoretical, as well as the probability that theoretical sometimes operates beyond the constraints of known science and can change known science. But it is not a religion , there is no deity or worship involved.
In classical physics and what we consider "known" , nothing exists outside the universe.
But that doesn't mean it's true, remember science is falsifiable. Before Einstein there was no warping of space/time and no absolute speed of light. Under Newtons laws of motion acceleration can continue into infinity. But the theoretical physics of Einstein changed that. Just as QM changed the micro scales of physics, cosmology has the ability to change the understanding of the macrocosm of this universe and beyond.
Do you think theoretical physics is a religion?
If you do then Einstein was a preacher.
This matter not related to physics. It is related to the philosophy of natural science.

Do you have a term for "absolutely everything that exists"? It is also ok for you to say that you have no term for "absolutely everything that exists".

So do you have a term?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 6 min beatlesinafog 7,628
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 6 min texas pete 25,614
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 11 min texas pete 55,326
Highs & Lows of 2014 18 min Roxie Darling 5
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 25 min Roxie Darling 25,963
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 33 min stray-cat 152,840
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 34 min Independent1 3,020
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 40 min Newt G s Next Wife 27
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 43 min TALLYHO 8541 37,777
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 2 hr Enzo49 339
More from around the web