Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218832 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Day is Day”

Level 3

Since: May 13

Night is Night

#95128 Jul 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have an unhealthy fixation on that crown. Jealousy, perhaps?
Like I said. I took it once just to prove a point.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#95129 Jul 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, idiot. I am willing to help you to learn.
But yes, you do have a place. You keep saying moronic things to everyone so that we can make you happy by pointing out what an idiot you are.
I know it is weird but I am interested in helping people to not be idiots.
Isn't it funny how false Christians like my bitch here can't follow the rules of the Bible that they claim to believe in?
Like I said: You have a place/order for us, you chase the crown religiously and think you are the teacher in here. LMFAO. You are a joke that comes up with the stupidest crap. Get a life!!!

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#95130 Jul 8, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And now another tell that we can add to your crazy suggestions that scientists "admitted" things that are actually not sheepishly admitted but are simple mainstream, that evidence is hidden or ignored, and that evolution is "liberal".
Now we see you are another that thinks evolution is "railing against God" when its nothing of the sort. It is inconsistent with literal Genesis, but that has nothing to do with whether God exists. Merely whether we should take some primitive accounts of God written by neolithic goat herders seriously.
So my question is, do you really love God or are you a Bible idolator who will distort the evidence of God's works to serve your true object of worship - ancient jewish goat herder fairy tales?
I take your comments as a professional seriously, and appreciate a fair rebuttal. What has happened is evolution is often used a tool to move youth away from God entirely, and mock people of faith. Look where America and much of the world is going morally. So the "science" falsely so called" is brainwashing millions of youth, resulting in a complete absence of a moral compass. I was taken in by it in my teens, saw my 1/2 brother commit suicide as a teen because he felt he had no hope. This is not uncommon, "Star Stuff" and a clock to worship is pretty meaningless. I responded to the geo paper you linked off the top of my head, I would like to add a few more comments sometime but get where you are going. Dont have much experience in some of those formations except the trona/gypsum ones.

I differ concerning Genesis Chap 1-10. To one has worked in mining for 35 years off and on, it fits. I am perfectly fine that your side doesnt, but as you know dogma is dulling. And by the way, the man was Russ Humphries, a fine gentleman and honest man. Nuc Physics @ Sandia, with a Post Doc in paleomagnetism. He hypothesized the C&P find in a paper years before. I was drilling with Russ one day and he slipped with the core drill on the face we were sampling, I had him on the end of 3/8" water line! Cheers

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#95131 Jul 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealousy? Now you are hallucinating. I had it once with a sock just to prove a point. The point being that a person has to be here day after day and do the same things over and over to get it. It is called obsession. Which the only one here obsessed with it is SubZone and that shows everyday and every week.
You proved no point idiot.

As I have told you before it passes the time while waiting for replies.

We all know you are trying to get your few synapses to fire for even your most pathetic of replies. I don't have to work very hard to reply to you. Your brain dead posts take only minimal thought to slap down.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#95132 Jul 8, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget the term "universe".
The question is:
Do you consider that something can exists outside of the absolute totality of all existence? YES OR NO?
The question is very very simple. Are you able to give a clear answer?
Obviously, no. Nothing can exist outside all that exists, by definition.

As I knew, you are about to continue with a word game argument based on the term "universe" and add absolutely nothing to the sum of human knowledge by doing so.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#95133 Jul 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know you are trying to get your few synapses to fire for even your most pathetic of replies. I don't have to work very hard to reply to you. Your brain dead posts take only minimal thought to slap down.
Well that should be a clue that you need to get a life instead of setting at your computer and slamming that refresh button waiting for replies everyday week after week. LMFAO

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#95134 Jul 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The point I proved is that you are obsessed with the crown. That is why you chase it every week, week after week and do all you have to do to get it. If you are not obsessed with it let it go for a week or two.
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95135 Jul 8, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
As I knew, you are about to continue with a word game argument based on the term "universe" and add absolutely nothing to the sum of human knowledge by doing so.
I am only trying to agree on the definitions of these terms. Discussions and debates are absolutely useless if same definitions are not used.

Universe has been the term for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)". It seems that there are some who want to change the meaning of the term Universe. If that is the case, then they need to propose a term also for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)".

If you feel that Universe should not be the term for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)". Do you have some/any proposal for the replacement?

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#95136 Jul 8, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
And on you go with the straw man. The term was "absolute totality of all existence". To which you produced a straw man twist and redefined it as "absolute totality of all 'known' existence".
Due to your twisting of the question I proposed I will ask you again, and be even more specific:
Do you consider that something can exists outside of the absolute totality of all existence (known and unknown)? YES OR NO?
You want me to admit something is unknown but I know it exists?
OK I admit there are unknown things in existence.
Can you do the same?
Happy now?

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#95137 Jul 8, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>

What about tomorrow or next year? It doesn't exist yet, but can it?
You just said it can't? Sorry the question is seriously flawed.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#95138 Jul 8, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget the term "universe".
The question is:
Do you consider that something can exists outside of the absolute totality of all existence? YES OR NO?
The question is very very simple. Are you able to give a clear answer?
As you see Aura Mytha answered your question.

Of course it is a huge jump to go from "something" to "god".
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95139 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
You want me to admit something is unknown but I know it exists?
OK I admit there are unknown things in existence.
Can you do the same?
Happy now?
Of course there are many unknown things in existence, even each person knows slightly different things. So you're really not able to answer the simple question so that we could agree on these simple terms? Seriously?

Your answer should have been the same as Chimney's yet you seem to be totally unable to produce a simple answer. it smells like religion on your part to me...

Do you have term for "absolutely everything that exists (known and unknown)" if you don't accept Universe to be that term?
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95140 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
What about tomorrow or next year? It doesn't exist yet, but can it?
You just said it can't? Sorry the question is seriously flawed.
Well do you think the past still exists now?
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95141 Jul 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
As you see Aura Mytha answered your question.
Of course it is a huge jump to go from "something" to "god".
Do you have some sort of need to talk about some god, God, gods or Gods? You seem to be bringing that up a lot.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#95142 Jul 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The point I proved is that you are obsessed with the crown. That is why you chase it every week, week after week and do all you have to do to get it. If you are not obsessed with it let it go for a week or two.
I already have. Remember, I let you have it all to yourself. I probably will let it go again. Right now I am not going after the crown, it is a by product of what I am going after.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#95143 Jul 8, 2013
Oh, and the fact that the crown bothers you so much is a valid reason for me to going for it. So perhaps I will keep going after it for a while.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#95144 Jul 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealousy? Now you are hallucinating. I had it once with a sock just to prove a point. The point being that a person has to be here day after day and do the same things over and over to get it. It is called obsession. Which the only one here obsessed with it is SubZone and that shows everyday and every week.
Yet, you are the one who keeps bringing it up. Curious.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#95145 Jul 8, 2013
briky wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said. I took it once just to prove a point.
Being what?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#95146 Jul 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said: You have a place/order for us, you chase the crown religiously and think you are the teacher in here. LMFAO. You are a joke that comes up with the stupidest crap. Get a life!!!
The crown again. I rest my case.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#95147 Jul 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min Luckys mom Beffy 68,530
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 7 min honeymylove 149,140
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Tom 210,033
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 7 min Notification 86
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min beatlesinafog 22,811
News 'Is Rod Stewart drunk?' Star leaves viewers baf... 10 min beatlesinafog 3
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 16 min andet1987 10,775
News Trump's Dark, Weird, Inaugural Campaign Speech 42 min okimar 83
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr positronium 20,748
More from around the web