Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164054 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

JBH

Richmond, Canada

#95097 Jul 7, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet we know that the universe we live in did have an origin, and its called the big bang. Whether something outside that event generated it, such as a quantum fluctuation in the multiverse, or as an act of God, OUR universe containing our constructs of space, time, and physical laws, can only be dated to this time and therefore its an origin as far as we know.
If you think I was jumping the gun and making assumptions about HB's direction with his post, I plead guilty. However, I have had discussions with HB before, and rightly or wrongly anticipated where he was going with this.
==========

Again that is not what I said but merely told some other's saying, and I don't know.
There are many's sides on these creation and evolution positions, as I have no side.

However, on the big bang theory, I have heard that before.
And I also hear others say on the extension of Universe--that is, the universe keeps on expanding. Well then, could that be multiple universes if it expands linking to be as one ?

This gives a not well-defined and no clear definition of infinity.

To this, it could mean this is a two dumb-bell theory==this universe is one dumb-bell, expanding to another universe as another dumb-bell, being attached as two dumb-bells, combined as one bigger universe.

If the big bang derives from explosion, cold it be that the universe expansion is same as explosion AND expansion on space?

I AM NOT HERE for this sort of things.

I won't say more from any judgment.

That is all I say about this and no more from here.
I am more and affirm on world policies and society matters as I can see and view, than the uncertainly of other things like the universe.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#95098 Jul 8, 2013
JBH wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Again that is not what I said but merely told some other's saying, and I don't know.
There are many's sides on these creation and evolution positions, as I have no side.
However, on the big bang theory, I have heard that before.
And I also hear others say on the extension of Universe--that is, the universe keeps on expanding. Well then, could that be multiple universes if it expands linking to be as one ?
This gives a not well-defined and no clear definition of infinity.
To this, it could mean this is a two dumb-bell theory==this universe is one dumb-bell, expanding to another universe as another dumb-bell, being attached as two dumb-bells, combined as one bigger universe.
If the big bang derives from explosion, cold it be that the universe expansion is same as explosion AND expansion on space?
I AM NOT HERE for this sort of things.
I won't say more from any judgment.
That is all I say about this and no more from here.
I am more and affirm on world policies and society matters as I can see and view, than the uncertainly of other things like the universe.
Fair enough.

Well, this is not even an origin of the universe forum, its an evolution debate one so this was already a curve ball introduced by our dear friend Humble Brother.

So I will say no more about it.
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#95099 Jul 8, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough.
Well, this is not even an origin of the universe forum, its an evolution debate one so this was already a curve ball introduced by our dear friend Humble Brother.
So I will say no more about it.
The number of different things in our universe is beyond any mans ability to count. Our Creator is able to keep count of all things according to the Bible. Can anyone count the number of cells in a human body? The Bible tells us God knows the number of hairs on each of our heads. The Bible also says that all things will work together for the good of those who love the Lord.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#95100 Jul 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The number of different things in our universe is beyond any mans ability to count. Our Creator is able to keep count of all things according to the Bible. Can anyone count the number of cells in a human body? The Bible tells us God knows the number of hairs on each of our heads. The Bible also says that all things will work together for the good of those who love the Lord.
The babble also says that god killed all but half a dozen humans making him the first perpetrator of genocide in history

He killed all the first born children of Egypt making him the first recorded child murderer and mass child murder in history

He condoned slavery, rape, murder, theft and war

Really this is not a role model for half the worlds population to get hooked on.
youtube

AOL

#95101 Jul 8, 2013
.

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______



.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#95102 Jul 8, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
If you take some time and read the lit, the last 2 major USGS studies concluded it shows no sign of an overthrust, so take it up with those folks. No retreat here, it all sits on a thin veneer of shale, no fracturing at all.
Have no doubt that I check everything you say. Odd how you don't list the specific studies so that I could read those if I haven't before. Were the studies in question even looking at the Lewis Range? Yes, your failure to fully explain isn't your fault. It is the USGS's fault. Perhaps your failure is a fault in the Lewis Range.

So far what I have read, indicates that the Lewis Range is the result of well known geological processes.

It is for that reason, I know that you have no evidence that the Grand Canyon was flood-formed Dorothy.

Of course you aren't retreating. Of course. Your argument has and continues to set on a thin veneer.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#95104 Jul 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And SBT, please link the articles you are talking about.
Yes, I commented on that as well. He didn't even provide a citation. At least his recent posts are less intense. His original work reads like it was written by a coked up undergrad.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#95105 Jul 8, 2013
hotiebritanny wrote:
hey i am BRITANNY MADISON !!join me!!:) lets go to your fantasy ------>> :):* add me on skype hotiebritanny
Well Britanny, my fantasies are rather plastic, but lately I would like to more fully understand molecular evolution. Specifically, the controversy between natural selection and the neutral theory at the molecular level. Do you think you could arrange something around that theme?

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#95106 Jul 8, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Well Britanny, my fantasies are rather plastic, but lately I would like to more fully understand molecular evolution. Specifically, the controversy between natural selection and the neutral theory at the molecular level. Do you think you could arrange something around that theme?
Good Grief!!!! Do you think anyone here really wanted to know about your fantasies and your plastic sexx doll? Feel free to keep that stuff to your self. LOL
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95107 Jul 8, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
Well, this is not even an origin of the universe forum, its an evolution debate one so this was already a curve ball introduced by our dear friend Humble Brother.
So I will say no more about it.
So.. You are not aware of the cosmic evolution models of the Universe?
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95108 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
No, I accept it that you aren't saying the same thing he is ,
and that cosmology and astrophysics don't say the same thing you do. He explains observable vs entire here(note there is no distinction between U and u).
https://plus.google.com/114328975933589556247...
Accept the fact there could be more of them. You know plural
Universe's
I will advice you to stop with your nonsense. Simple and straight question for you:

Do you have a term that encompasses the ***absolute totality of absolutely all existence***?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95109 Jul 8, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
So.. You are not aware of the cosmic evolution models of the Universe?
You are multiple off topic tangents aren't you?
Most of them just silly games you like to play.
Have you not heard of the evolution of the topix humble brother?
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95110 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
You are multiple off topic tangents aren't you?
Most of them just silly games you like to play.
Have you not heard of the evolution of the topix humble brother?
I will take that as an affirmative that you actually do not know and understand what the term cosmic evolution means. I can sympathize with your lack of understanding in this matter and will not hold it against you. I would advice you to seek to understand though...

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95111 Jul 8, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
I will advice you to stop with your nonsense. Simple and straight question for you:
Do you have a term that encompasses the ***absolute totality of absolutely all existence***?
There seems to be no point in trying make you understand,
a universe is that term, so is macrocosm. But the point you fail to grasp is a universe is like a soap bubble or a sheet of paper in theoretical cosmology. It is everything and everything within it is IT.(When you are in it) We are forever cocooned to within it's space/time continuum.

But a universe maybe like a galaxy and there maybe others.
At one point we thought the Milky Way was an island in a sea of stars. It turned out incorrect, and there are many galaxies.
The same maybe true for this universe, it itself like an atom to an even greater scale. Just like the Milky Way is to this universe.

So to be perfectly clear no one talks about outside the universe, unless you are talking about multiple universe outside the universe.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95112 Jul 8, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
I will take that as an affirmative that you actually do not know and understand what the term cosmic evolution means. I can sympathize with your lack of understanding in this matter and will not hold it against you. I would advice you to seek to understand though...
The air is thin up there in Finland huh? lol
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95113 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
There seems to be no point in trying make you understand,
a universe is that term, so is macrocosm. But the point you fail to grasp is a universe is like a soap bubble or a sheet of paper in theoretical cosmology. It is everything and everything within it is IT.(When you are in it) We are forever cocooned to within it's space/time continuum.
But a universe maybe like a galaxy and there maybe others.
At one point we thought the Milky Way was an island in a sea of stars. It turned out incorrect, and there are many galaxies.
The same maybe true for this universe, it itself like an atom to an even greater scale. Just like the Milky Way is to this universe.
So to be perfectly clear no one talks about outside the universe, unless you are talking about multiple universe outside the universe.
Science can not accept definitions that are vague, vague definitions belong to religions.

Do you consider that something can exists outside of the absolute totality of all existence? YES OR NO?

Are you able to give us a clear and specific answer that science requires, or have you built yourself a religion in which there are not clear and specific answers?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#95114 Jul 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
He did if you took time to look back at his comment. Need someone to read it for you too?
http://www.nature.nps.gov/geology/parks/grca/...
Yes fool, I know that. I am trying to get him to be more precise.

He seems to think for some strange reason that unconformities cannot be level. That only shows a complete lack of knowledge of geology.

Most unconformities are level. They are the boring ones. The interesting ones are the ones that aren't. But first you have to understand the boring before you can understand the interesting.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#95115 Jul 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes fool, I know that. I am trying to get him to be more precise.
He seems to think for some strange reason that unconformities cannot be level. That only shows a complete lack of knowledge of geology.
Most unconformities are level. They are the boring ones. The interesting ones are the ones that aren't. But first you have to understand the boring before you can understand the interesting.
Well it is easy to understand you are boring as hellll. Now we need someone interesting to come in here. LOL

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#95116 Jul 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is easy to understand you are boring as hellll. Now we need someone interesting to come in here. LOL
I am only boring to the braindead, my bitch.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#95117 Jul 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am only boring to the braindead, my bitch.
So you must really bore the hell out of your self.

Oh and I think it is funny when you break out the B word. It shows I am getting to you and that you think you can get back to me with that name. Anyone with a brain can see that. LMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Lumatrix 162,892
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 13 min Lumatrix 3,503
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 13 min Lumatrix 5,738
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 14 min Mechanic 4,543
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 15 min Lumatrix 1,818
News Duke professor: Blacks riot because they're laz... 22 min Big Knob 214
News 2 Dead, Several Hurt In Shooting At Wal-Mart In... 34 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 18
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Suezanne 29,125
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Wolftracks 40,728
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 3 hr Parden Pard 190
More from around the web