Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164071 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95057 Jul 7, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Yes.
Thank you. It is much easier to discuss when all share the same understanding of the used terminology.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#95058 Jul 7, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the meaning of the term Universe has not changed. Everything that exists is equal to the totality of existence.
<quoted text>
But it seems that in your mind the "the totality of existence" is not "the totality of existence". Apparently all words are like rubber bands to you.
It seems that you enjoy a proper straw man, don't you :)
NO it isn't a strawman, I showed you the concept doe's in fact exist. But when we talk about all time and space within our reality the universe is all that is "known" to exist.
That doesn't bar the imagination of something disconnected from this universe, which you seem to have a problem doing.
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#95059 Jul 7, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. It is much easier to discuss when all share the same understanding of the used terminology.
The universe is one.
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95060 Jul 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
NO it isn't a strawman, I showed you the concept doe's in fact exist. But when we talk about all time and space within our reality the universe is all that is "known" to exist.
That doesn't bar the imagination of something disconnected from this universe, which you seem to have a problem doing.
You are still in your straw man argument. I am talking about the Universe, which is by definition the absolute totality of all existence. You seem to be mixing and matching universe (the observable one) with Universe (absolutely everything) in whatever form that suits best your needs.

Do you agree that "the totality of existence" (i.e. the Universe with capital U) encompasses absolutely everything?
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95061 Jul 7, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The universe is one.
That is indeed one way of putting it :)

But that's the universe observable and known to us, without the capital U.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Location hidden

#95062 Jul 7, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still in your straw man argument. I am talking about the Universe, which is by definition the absolute totality of all existence. You seem to be mixing and matching universe (the observable one) with Universe (absolutely everything) in whatever form that suits best your needs.
Do you agree that "the totality of existence" (i.e. the Universe with capital U) encompasses absolutely everything?
No I don't agree , because your concepts are outdated.
When we talk about OUR universe , YES it is "the totality of existence" known. That does not bar the possibility there is another one that has it's own "totality of existence" separate from "ours".
This is modern cosmology, and it's not limited to your classical definition of universe. Why is it only godbots that have the problem comprehending this?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Location hidden

#95063 Jul 7, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
That is indeed one way of putting it :)
But that's the universe observable and known to us, without the capital U.
No it isn't universe is universe whether typed in caps or not, you are confused now. Universe has the exact same meaning as universe.
Sigh, I'm never going to even respond to you like you are an intelligent human being again, it's obvious you only play silly word games, and such.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#95064 Jul 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>So a new-born baby, a new life, degenerates from that state down??

Give it up dude....evolution happens....it's fact.
Rather stupid.

Go figure.

“A belief is formed personally.”

Level 2

Not forced.

#95065 Jul 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No it isn't universe is universe whether typed in caps or not, you are confused now. Universe has the exact same meaning as universe.
Sigh, I'm never going to even respond to you like you are an intelligent human being again, it's obvious you only play silly word games, and such.
I may be wrong but I think he is talking about the Observable Universe vs the Universe as a Whole.

A universe may be infinite, but an observable universe is only everything we can see. An observable universe will always be finite
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#95066 Jul 7, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>How would you suggest we could alleviate the most problems of future populations?
====

Again, I don't think there is a climate change or some other crisis at present, related to these things, as earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, floods and famines have been there since history of time when the population on the planet was just a small fraction of today's, as today's is a lot of many billions more.
When more populations arise the cultivating development and industrial production, these aspect are just getting as some concern, but not as crisis.

The crisis have been warfares, from Vietnam, Iraq war to unrest, etc., to man-made ones of axis-of-evil hysteria, to social warfares, to economies as Bush years of economic credit crunch of Negative GDP, to even freedom liberty today turning backward, to military build up around the world and contention.

Your ancestors got used to the hurricanes, so you have faced them too and there is nothing unusual for next generation to face. It will be a long way if you think opf some serious crisis due to climate and earth temperature.

I don't know all things.
You had better ask many others around.
It is just my opinion.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#95067 Jul 7, 2013
THE PEOPLE OF THIS WORLD must have human rights freedom and free choices of fundamental liberty righteous rights to live or move to reside in places having these anywhere if they do not have, at where they are.

People can choose not to live by their old grand-parents' places, or barns, or farms or inner cities if finding too corrupted or too MANY BUSYBODIES(nosy snoopy people or big brothers snooping) troubling them.

Workers and security guards at bar places would harass and even beat non-smoker customers because they think non-smokers would spend less on alcoholic drinks. Yet other workers would even go along with bad people for being silent and corrupted, and besides, workers don't even have such rights to say something, or else would be told by leaking secrecy and be disciplined
If nothing can do and can change the corrupted establishment, people are having such bad and ugly environment, then they can move to other lands with other people having societies of no corruption but great value and liberty rights and privacy freedom, with no snooping on public at all.

Countries around the world must keep on building societies and be supported, so that humans have choices for their human rights freedom with no snooping agenda, and also have free choices of fundamental liberty righteous rights to live or move to reside, on the planet.

Many countries would not do as US does on snooping programs, while people can file charges if such snooping occurs too extremely for unjustified reasons to them. Then the human rights free choices societies will be rewarded with building excellent rules and systems for all the dignified people's needs, and many needy people who are thirsty for all these can move to, and they will be dynamic, as all these are constructive and valuable.

As countries on the planet are facing the radicalism of US doing the coalition of willing again (as if like the standpoint of Iraq war), some of those countries as Austria, France, Italy and Spain are the willing, and forge by joining US to pursue on the Snowden case like the Iraq war. Spain did wrong to conduct the detour of airplane going to Bolivia because being one of the willing. First, there were no facts of truth of full evidences of Snowden on board airplane and that was ugliness of Spain. Then in doing the detour of airplane was another wrongdoing by messing up a lot to make bad troubles. Countries can choose not to be with the willing or joining so that the world is not being made so bad, corrupted without rules.

US has damaged relationship with many countries by chasing Snowden, by creating destructive way of International disorder. Whether US has broken International regulations, which can be sued or penalized, those people so concerned are saying of the wrongs and wrongdoing of such--making the world in chaos. US way of doing is not the new world's needs and wants. US ought not to make the world to be bad in volatility in addition to further suffer more harms of relation and economy, by doing the too extreme on Snowden story and violate International rules and systems. It ought to let its people have free choices, and not suppress human rights freedom of choices of dissidents (e.g., Snowden), ADVERSARIES, AND non-believers and let them move to places where they belong and want, just as other countries do to their dissidents by taking lots from their homeland to US.

The world must be a free world with freedom liberty choices for all, so that human rights freedom and free choices of fundamental liberty righteous privacy rights exist in many places around the world, that all people can have basic free rights values to live everywhere and anywhere.
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95068 Jul 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
No I don't agree , because your concepts are outdated.
When we talk about OUR universe , YES it is "the totality of existence" known. That does not bar the possibility there is another one that has it's own "totality of existence" separate from "ours".
This is modern cosmology, and it's not limited to your classical definition of universe. Why is it only godbots that have the problem comprehending this?
Aura Mytha wrote:
No it isn't universe is universe whether typed in caps or not, you are confused now. Universe has the exact same meaning as universe.
So you disagree with Henry Reich and the other physicists then?

Minutephysics:

Do you disagree with these physicists, yes or no?
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95069 Jul 7, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
I may be wrong but I think he is talking about the Observable Universe vs the Universe as a Whole.
A universe may be infinite, but an observable universe is only everything we can see. An observable universe will always be finite
You are correct in your understanding of what I was trying to relay.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Location hidden

#95070 Jul 7, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
No that isn't what we were talking about, we were talking about an entirely disconnected reality separate from this universe.
Some people have a problem with this concept. There is everything we can observe and beyond. Then there is the possibility there are more of them. Aside from the fact the U or u has exactly the same meaning.
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95071 Jul 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
No that isn't what we were talking about, we were talking about an entirely disconnected reality separate from this universe.
Some people have a problem with this concept. There is everything we can observe and beyond. Then there is the possibility there are more of them. Aside from the fact the U or u has exactly the same meaning.
It seems that you live in a world totally separate from others.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Location hidden

#95072 Jul 7, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So you disagree with Henry Reich and the other physicists then?
Minutephysics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nrTsvn9usVQXX
Do you disagree with these physicists, yes or no?

This is a perfect definition of OUR universe. But you did not pay attention at the end when he touched on the subject of multiverse.
And said that is is the subject of another verse.
So you missed the meaning of another universe completely, and I find that awfully convenient on your behalf.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Location hidden

#95073 Jul 7, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that you live in a world totally separate from others.

It seems you have a limited scope of space/time continuum.
humble brother

Helsinki, Finland

#95074 Jul 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
This is a perfect definition of OUR universe. But you did not pay attention at the end when he touched on the subject of multiverse.
And said that is is the subject of another verse.
So you missed the meaning of another universe completely, and I find that awfully convenient on your behalf.
I did not miss anything. Multiverse can logically apply only to the term observable universe, NOT the totality of existence.

Henry Reich defined the terms in the video:
Universe (capital U) that encompasses absolutely everything that exists (even all possible universes of any number of your so called multiverses).

universe (not capitalized) that is observable to us.

Do you accept these terms as explained by Henry Reich? Yes or no?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Location hidden

#95075 Jul 7, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not miss anything. Multiverse can logically apply only to the term observable universe, NOT the totality of existence.
Universe (capital U) that encompasses absolutely everything that exists (even all possible universes of any number of your so called multiverses).
No, I accept it that you aren't saying the same thing he is ,
and that cosmology and astrophysics don't say the same thing you do. He explains observable vs entire here(note there is no distinction between U and u).

https://plus.google.com/114328975933589556247...

Accept the fact there could be more of them. You know plural
Universe's
Level 1

Location hidden

#95076 Jul 7, 2013
humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>I did not miss anything. Multiverse can logically apply only to the term observable universe, NOT the totality of existence.

Only if you point out this is a new definition that science now needs to use because they are unable to come up with a new word for their new ideas.
The word universe NEVER needed to capitalized in the past to mean what it was first penned to mean.

"The Universe is defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohioan Posts Message on His SUV: 'Got Kidney? I... 26 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 29 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 33 min wichita-rick 162,911
The N-word: (Jul '14) 35 min Mega Monster 345
Word Association (Jun '10) 38 min Mega Monster 27,655
Word Association. (Nov '10) 41 min Mega Monster 17,454
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 46 min Mega Monster 2,357
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Krypteia 29,126
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 2 hr wichita-rick 191
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 3 hr Mechanic 4,543
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Wolftracks 40,728
More from around the web