Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#94759 Jul 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
I hope this is not Kong's article. I don't think it is. This writer too shows the many flaws in the RATE Project. He also points out that none of it was peer reviewed:
http://www.asa3.org/ASA/education/origins/hel...
SBT, you can repeat your posting fallacious stories about RATE. We will continually debunk it.
And again, radiometric dating is only one bit of evidence that shows the world is old. Its usefulness is that it gives specific dates. The best we can do with many geologic dating methods is to prove that the age of the Earth has to be hundred of millions or billions of years old and the relative age between strata. Radiometric dating is not needed to show that the Earth is old. We already knew that.
Let's say you see an old man walking down the street. There will be several tips of his age. How he walks, how his skin looks, how his hair looks, teeth, even fingerprints. A picture ID with a birth date is not needed to know that he is old. It does tell you exactly how old. An astute person could get a date within 10% for most cases and 30% for almost all cases.
Sorry SZ, I have no plans to check my brains in at the evo lie door to make you happy today.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94760 Jul 1, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry SZ, I have no plans to check my brains in at the evo lie door to make you happy today.
Evolution is not a lie. In fact it is always the creationists who end up lying. That is rather humorous.

For example you claimed your RATE study was peer reviewed and you have yet to provide a link showing that it was peer reviewed.

Wouldn't that make you a liar?
Elohim

Branford, CT

#94761 Jul 1, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent! Be forever ignorant. It doesn't make one bit of difference. The Theory of Evolution will still be studied and refined as our knowledge progresses. How are those peer reviewed studies of creationism, I mean Intelligent design going?
Level 1

Location hidden

#94762 Jul 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what makes it heavy? and, as we all know, two objects of different weight still drop at the same rate, so that is not all that is going one there.

once again, youtalk of things you don't understand...
"what makes it heavy?"

The seriousness of the situation.

Man that's Heavy Dude!
Level 1

Location hidden

#94763 Jul 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what makes it heavy? and, as we all know, two objects of different weight still drop at the same rate, so that is not all that is going one there.

once again, youtalk of things you don't understand...
There is nothing I don't understand.

Once again you have no new thoughts just repeating what you see others post.
I think you're really just a Parrot with a voice recognition program.
Level 1

Location hidden

#94764 Jul 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i don't know, humans can reach pretty high. we've reached the edge of the solar system so far. if you dropped those items there, what do you think would happen?
What do you think would happen POLLY!
Level 1

Location hidden

#94765 Jul 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>I cheated, I taped the feather to the bowling ball.
Now a question that will fry your brain.
Drop a 22 bullet and fire a 22 bullet on a level plane of equal height. Negate wind and air resistance effects.
Which one will hit the ground first?
To be real accurate you must drop the bullet at the same time the fired bullet leaves the barrel.
Level 1

Location hidden

#94766 Jul 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Hols it, I hate to do this, though I may be coming in late, but replaytime might be correct. If I am right he is talking about falling with the effect of wind resistance.

If there is no wind resistance objects will fall at the same rate, well, almost. So a lighter ball will fall marginally slower than a denser ball in an atmosphere. In a vacuum, like on the Moon, you will not see a difference.
Proven by the Apollo astronauts on the moon like 40 years ago.

It's on video, you can see it for yourself.
Krypteia

Bedford, UK

#94767 Jul 1, 2013
This little old lady was very frightened and asked me to do something religious,so I held a collection..

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94768 Jul 1, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>I am not picking at you but I see you say all the time "I would be happy to teach you" or I would be happy to go over that with you" or other things. What is it again you hold master degrees in and or certified in when it comes to science? Like I said just asking.
He just thinks he is the knower of all things according to him what he doesn't know isn't worth knowing
Level 1

Location hidden

#94769 Jul 1, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on the velocity and gr of the bullet a typical 40 gr 22 bullet will have a muzzle velocity somewhere around 1250 ft per second and will travel over a mile so the fired bullets gunna have a hell of a head start on the one you just drop
In the perfect experiment they would hit the ground at the same time.
Level 1

Location hidden

#94770 Jul 1, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>Well its going a lot faster to begin with by the time they are travelling at the same speed again the fired bullet is way ahead so of course it will hit the ground first
The real problem is not one gun fires a straight bullet all arch up at first. So this would have to be a hypothetical test.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#94771 Jul 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If you did have the fats you wouldn't be debating me about the burden of proof because you would have the proof. You have faith and belief like everyone else. I do have my personal proof and as I said I except you are not of God, you are a drone, or acting like you are a drone.
Yeah, probably not. I know I have no belief, none needed since I do not consider anything unsupported by evidence to be real, and no faith in anything that is not demonstrably accurate. Just because you're brain is too small to consider the possibility that some people prefer to live in reality doesn't mean it's not possible.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94772 Jul 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>In the perfect experiment they would hit the ground at the same time.
No it doesn't arc straight away though
Level 1

Location hidden

#94773 Jul 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>as miniscule as the air resistance difference against a ten pound ball that is the same size as a twenty pound ball?

or more?
Come now smarty pants, you tell us.

We are all waiting on your inspired word.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#94774 Jul 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven by the Apollo astronauts on the moon like 40 years ago.
It's on video, you can see it for yourself.
I'm surprised you don't think the moon landings were faked...
Level 1

Location hidden

#94775 Jul 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes,t hat is exactly what i was saying. a hotter object would fall faster...

hey! you got one right! by not being smart enough to discern the idea of my post, you actually got one right!

good on you, mate!
You're a moron you know that?

Of course not, you're a moron.
Level 1

Location hidden

#94776 Jul 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you said "but would it decrease the air resisitance? if you had a ten pound ball at 3,000 f and a same sized ball at absolute zero, would they fall at eh same rate? would the temp difference affect it enough for the lighter ball to fall faster?

Way wrong retard.
Funny how he throws around a temperature like the unattainable absolute zero. Making the test impossible. If he knew a damn thing about science he would not have used a unattainable temperature for his test.
Level 1

Location hidden

#94777 Jul 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Of course the Mythbusters are not the last answer in this question.

As close as they could measure they fall at the same time. That is still not correct. That is only true for Galilean physics. It is not true for Newtonian physics.
"Of course the Mythbusters are not the last answer in this question."

Why not?

;)

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94778 Jul 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how he throws around a temperature like the unattainable absolute zero. Making the test impossible. If he knew a damn thing about science he would not have used a unattainable temperature for his test.
Woodtick truly is a retard i dont even think its a real person

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 10 min Princess Hey 7,308
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,652
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 18 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,351
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 25 min Analog man 1,801
Crazy Man Dumped to River 1 hr Suzanne843 1
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 1 hr Asherah_con 13
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 2 hr Kapil 756
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr wichita-rick 151,111
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr wichita-rick 24,006
Bill Cosby 5 hr FTW Forever 223
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 5 hr TALLYHO 8541 292
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 9 hr David0407 8,049

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE