Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,483)

Showing posts 89,641 - 89,660 of106,046
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Well, now you know that I read the articles you link Kong.

Actually I even read the garbage that creationists link, or at the very least scan it. I will not watch a one or two hour long creatard video that starts lying in the first few minutes.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got it all wrong DF and HTS has it right. My kids watched me debate university profs, a geology dept head and the uni president and befuddle them all as God helped me. Some converted my our side. My kids are all professional people (exp my 18YO) and know the truth. They get it at the cell level, the chem level and the geo level. They see it and feel sorry for the others. They have the big picture and where all this is headed. Look at where society is headed now that the evo worldview has taken over here. The numbers are telling, it has failed because it's a lie and goes against Gods framework of life, worldview and order.
Now we know you are a liar.
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

ANTICHRIST & Final Prophecies -- In Plain View

http://youtu.be/msY91du0rB4

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate the time you took to rebut my post, however, Austin's paper has past peer review and has been accepted to present. He sampled the same host rock's as those before him. If you wish to stand behind as good science the 4 top isochon methods that differ from each other by approx. 50% from each other in the same rock sample, that's your biz. And no, the samples were from the same strata that has for years been the basis of long-age dating recorded in the lit and passed out to the school books, all clearly in error for 40+ years.
The real issue was the labs had no idea they were blind testing so they were unable to 'correct' miss-alignments to fit preconceived models. They were not concordant so where's the science in that? Testable, repeatable? Further, they are challenged strongly by dating techniques that are testable and repeatable (HE being only one, PO 214 another). So lets see, we just won't confuse young minds with that.
These guys are not as you picture them at all. Dr. Humphries has been rocking the planetary magnetism establishment for years, nailing the field strength of the outer planets in theory before spacecraft confirmed them. Objectivity concerning origins is good for mind and soul.
Repeating a lie does not make it true.

If you want to make this claim you must link to the peer reviewed article itself.

Creatard "peer review" is not peer review. That has been shown to be the case countless times. It is merely a creationist circle jerk at best.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but why does it drop?
Because its heavy. You didn't know that?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Law's are lower in the hierarchy of science than theories.

You have no clue what a theory is, do you?
LOL. If you're going to correct someone then try being correct yourself.

" it is true that "law" and "theory" are different words that can or do have different connotations. So, what's the difference? Look above at the last definitions under Law and Theory. These definitions clearly differentiate the two words. Some scientists will tell you that the difference between them is that a law describes what nature does under certain conditions, and will predict what will happen as long as those conditions are met. A theory explains how nature works. Others delineate law and theory based on mathematics -- Laws are often times mathematically defined (once again, a description of how nature behaves) whereas theories are often non-mathematical. Looking at things this was helps to explain, in part, why physics and chemistry have lots of "laws" where as biology has few laws (and more theories). In biology, it is very difficult to describe all the complexities of life with "simple" (relatively speaking!) mathematical terms.

Regardless of which definitions one uses to distinguish between a law and a theory, scientists would agree that a theory is NOT a "transitory law, a law in waiting". There is

NO hierarchy

being implied by scientists who use these words. That is, a law is neither "better than" nor "above" a theory. From this view, laws and theories "do" different things and have different roles to play in science. Furthermore, notice that with any of the above definitions of law, neither scientists nor nature "conform" to the law. In science, a law is not something that is dictated to scientists or nature; it is not something that a scientist or nature has to do under threat of some penalty if they don't conform."

http://science.kennesaw.edu/~rmatson/3380theo...

SBT
Level 2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I didn't post the "peer-review" portion of the rebuttal earlier. Thanks for reminding me!
Re: RATE's "peer-review" claim:
"They claim to have accomplished important work in the field of radioisotope dating (see RATE group reveals exciting breakthroughs!). However, when one looks at their claim in the second paragraph of this article, it says "with the release of several key peer-reviewed papers at the recent ICC (International Conference on Creationism), it is clear that RATE has made some fantastic progress, with real breakthroughs in this area."
Peer-review is critical for scientific research to be taken seriously (for a description of how peer-review works, click here). Basically, several other scientists who are experts in the field examine your work to see if it contains errors. Occasionally you will see young earth claims of their work being peer-reviewed, such as in the article above. However, for young earth work to be taken seriously, it must pass the muster of peer-review from non young-earth scientists. If you look at the three articles referenced in the article, there are no claims as to who did the peer-review.
Normally, a peer-reviewed article which passes muster would be published in a leading journal such as from the Geological Society of America, however, as you can see, these three so-called peer-reviewed articles only appear on the ICR website. If the RATE project truly publishes some work which is good enough for publication in secular journals, then they would surely pursue that route. It is clear in this case that the "peers" for these articles are other young-earth proponents, which cast serious doubts upon the validity of the works."
http://www.oldearth.org/ratedeception.htm
You're wrong. It was major geo meeting. I would not have mentioned ICC at all to you folks.

SBT
Level 2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating a lie does not make it true.
If you want to make this claim you must link to the peer reviewed article itself.
Creatard "peer review" is not peer review. That has been shown to be the case countless times. It is merely a creationist circle jerk at best.
You folks all bought into "global warming" too. All those undergrad, masters and PhD's conferred based on a manipulated database and lies, same principal here, dogma dies hard. We are back to opinions and counters, you don't want to deal with the findings of fact in the tables. You don't want to deal with PO214, you don't want to deal with HE. I will tell you again, the PhD's in radiodating don't like to be out of a job and give up their God status on your side. Bias, bias, bias.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
You folks all bought into "global warming" too. All those undergrad, masters and PhD's conferred based on a manipulated database and lies, same principal here, dogma dies hard. We are back to opinions and counters, you don't want to deal with the findings of fact in the tables. You don't want to deal with PO214, you don't want to deal with HE. I will tell you again, the PhD's in radiodating don't like to be out of a job and give up their God status on your side. Bias, bias, bias.
No, those lies have all been dealt with.

And why did you lie and say that your earlier work had passed peer review. It is obvious that you now know that was a lie.

And yes, global warming is real. The Greenhouse Effect is even accepted by deniers. They know without a certain amount of CO2 that our world would be an iceball. What they keep denying is that doubling the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere will have very sever repercussions.

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got it all wrong DF and HTS has it right. My kids watched me debate university profs, a geology dept head and the uni president and befuddle them all as God helped me. Some converted my our side. My kids are all professional people (exp my 18YO) and know the truth. They get it at the cell level, the chem level and the geo level. They see it and feel sorry for the others. They have the big picture and where all this is headed. Look at where society is headed now that the evo worldview has taken over here. The numbers are telling, it has failed because it's a lie and goes against Gods framework of life, worldview and order.
Who were these university professors and where was this debate. Society is far better off over the last 200 years due to advancements of science. Are you denying that?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Because its heavy. You didn't know that?
what makes it heavy? and, as we all know, two objects of different weight still drop at the same rate, so that is not all that is going one there.

once again, youtalk of things you don't understand...

“Life is a learning highway”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

that too many get lost on

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Who were these university professors and where was this debate. Society is far better off over the last 200 years due to advancements of science. Are you denying that?
Science has advanced us in the last 200 years there is no doubt. Look at the technology. But science does not do anything for morals, well except maybe try to take them away from people that do believe and live by the word of God. Many morals people have and live by are on beliefs.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what makes it heavy? and, as we all know, two objects of different weight still drop at the same rate, so that is not all that is going one there.
once again, youtalk of things you don't understand...
When air resistance plays a role, the shape of the object becomes important. In air, a feather and a ball do not fall at the same rate. In the case of a pen and a bowling ball air resistance is small compared to the force a gravity that pulls them to the ground. Therefore, if you drop a pen and a bowling ball you could probably not tell which of the two reached the ground first "unless you dropped them from a very very high tower". Thus it not only is based on the shape of the object, the air resistance of the object but mainly on the force of the pulling gravity which the shape and air resistance can change.

But if you still think two objects of different weights fall at the same speed I will bet you what ever you want that a 20lb weight will reach the ground faster than a ostrich feather when dropped from a house top or even from as high as you can reach.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
When air resistance plays a role, the shape of the object becomes important. In air, a feather and a ball do not fall at the same rate. In the case of a pen and a bowling ball air resistance is small compared to the force a gravity that pulls them to the ground. Therefore, if you drop a pen and a bowling ball you could probably not tell which of the two reached the ground first "unless you dropped them from a very very high tower". Thus it not only is based on the shape of the object, the air resistance of the object but mainly on the force of the pulling gravity which the shape and air resistance can change.
But if you still think two objects of different weights fall at the same speed I will bet you what ever you want that a 20lb weight will reach the ground faster than a ostrich feather when dropped from a house top or even from as high as you can reach.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
a twenty pound ball and a ten pound ball of the same size will fall at the same rate.

anything else you wish to learn about the topics you think you can debunk?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has advanced us in the last 200 years there is no doubt. Look at the technology. But science does not do anything for morals, well except maybe try to take them away from people that do believe and live by the word of God. Many morals people have and live by are on beliefs.
your god is a proven myth and that is a good thing as his morals sucked the big one! he was a jealous, petty, vindictive little prick of a god that would be in jail if he actually existed and lived in a developed country today...

go ahead, follow your gods word, you'd be in jail by the time you got past the first few chapters of your cult's book of lies...

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Haha all the tools on here that think they know everything there is to know sad ass losers SMH

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know, humans can reach pretty high. we've reached the edge of the solar system so far. if you dropped those items there, what do you think would happen?

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
Force of gravity is less on the moon. Plus from 5-6 feet you are only talking about 1000's of a second that the eye cannot differentiate. Drop those from 50 stories and see which one here on earth hits the ground first. Which goes back to what I said in my prior post. Even as that goes drop a bowling ball and a basket ball from 50 stories and see which one hits the ground first here on earth. Wind resistance and force of gravity is what it is all about.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your god is a proven myth and that is a good thing as his morals sucked the big one! he was a jealous, petty, vindictive little prick of a god that would be in jail if he actually existed and lived in a developed country today...
go ahead, follow your gods word, you'd be in jail by the time you got past the first few chapters of your cult's book of lies...
and the way you act you are so much better how? Exactly you are a vindictive, running down, belittling little troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,641 - 89,660 of106,046
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••