Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209324 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“pshhhhh”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#94772 Jul 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>In the perfect experiment they would hit the ground at the same time.
No it doesn't arc straight away though
Level 1

Location hidden

#94773 Jul 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>as miniscule as the air resistance difference against a ten pound ball that is the same size as a twenty pound ball?

or more?
Come now smarty pants, you tell us.

We are all waiting on your inspired word.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#94774 Jul 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven by the Apollo astronauts on the moon like 40 years ago.
It's on video, you can see it for yourself.
I'm surprised you don't think the moon landings were faked...
Level 1

Location hidden

#94775 Jul 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes,t hat is exactly what i was saying. a hotter object would fall faster...

hey! you got one right! by not being smart enough to discern the idea of my post, you actually got one right!

good on you, mate!
You're a moron you know that?

Of course not, you're a moron.
Level 1

Location hidden

#94776 Jul 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you said "but would it decrease the air resisitance? if you had a ten pound ball at 3,000 f and a same sized ball at absolute zero, would they fall at eh same rate? would the temp difference affect it enough for the lighter ball to fall faster?

Way wrong retard.
Funny how he throws around a temperature like the unattainable absolute zero. Making the test impossible. If he knew a damn thing about science he would not have used a unattainable temperature for his test.
Level 1

Location hidden

#94777 Jul 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Of course the Mythbusters are not the last answer in this question.

As close as they could measure they fall at the same time. That is still not correct. That is only true for Galilean physics. It is not true for Newtonian physics.
"Of course the Mythbusters are not the last answer in this question."

Why not?

;)

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94778 Jul 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how he throws around a temperature like the unattainable absolute zero. Making the test impossible. If he knew a damn thing about science he would not have used a unattainable temperature for his test.
Woodtick truly is a retard i dont even think its a real person
Level 1

Location hidden

#94779 Jul 1, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>No it doesn't arc straight away though
Yes it does. A bullet crosses the site line twice once arching up the other on it fall to earth. FACT.
Level 1

Location hidden

#94780 Jul 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm surprised you don't think the moon landings were faked...
The moon never landed!

What a Dolt!

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94781 Jul 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>You're a moron you know that?

Of course not, you're a moron.
Copy and paste are his favourite desktop tools

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94782 Jul 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it does. A bullet crosses the site line twice once arching up the other on it fall to earth. FACT.
I never argued that point einstein

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#94784 Jul 1, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea who may have said that but there is no evidence of a paranormal.
<quoted text>
No, it means there is no evidence.
<quoted text>
And that is entirely correct.
<quoted text>
Don't feel sorry for me, bub. I'm doing just fine.
Yes, and thank you for making my point. You're a drone in the universe. Tell me what becomes of you 99+% of time. It is od you spend it online. Such a small existence. Afterall you do know yourself as all others do.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#94785 Jul 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. We have evidence for all of our claims. Our side has been "proven". Yours hasn't.
If you want to ask about specific evidence I will be more than happy to go over it with you. The reason we are so quick to ask for evidence is because we KNOW that you do not have any. Sometimes it is fun to watch you scramble around for some.
Please show me how. You can not prove there was no creator. You could prove mythology wrong, but that does not prove there is no creator. You never will be able to do so either. Your claim just proves you are a liar.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94786 Jul 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>Please show me how. You can not prove there was no creator. You could prove mythology wrong, but that does not prove there is no creator. You never will be able to do so either. Your claim just proves you are a liar.
Soon as he knows hes been beat he runs away for a couple of hours to cram as much bullshit in from google as he can find then runs back here to spew it all out

St. Croix valley

#94787 Jul 1, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy and paste are his favourite desktop tools
I would love for you to find a single copy ans paste post i put up...

you should check your facts first, then post....

telling lies about others just shows how unable you are to counter my facts. like a little schoolboy throwing clods of dirt on the play ground...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#94788 Jul 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me how. You can not prove there was no creator. You could prove mythology wrong, but that does not prove there is no creator. You never will be able to do so either. Your claim just proves you are a liar.
You're correct.

We cannot PROVE that there is a Creator, any more than you can prove there IS one.

What we have MASSIVE evidence for is that the Creation stories (as well as many of the tall tales told in Genesis and Exodus) are mythology, without base.

No single Adam or Eve.
No talking snake or donkey.
No world-wide flood.
The sun did not stand still in the sky for a full day.
Jonah did not live in the belly of a 'great fish' for 3 days.

...and so on.

St. Croix valley

#94789 Jul 1, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon as he knows hes been beat he runs away for a couple of hours to cram as much bullshit in from google as he can find then runs back here to spew it all out
we can sure prove the creator in the human made cults if false...

yes, it is impossible to prove there is no god of any kind anywhere, but as yet, there isn't one teensy weensy shred of evidence to even suggest any god, gods, goddesses ever existed or do now. not a shred.

your cult lied to you...again...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#94790 Jul 1, 2013
Arrrggghhh.

Edit:

"We cannot PROVE that there is **NOT** a Creator, any more than you can prove there IS one."

St. Croix valley

#94791 Jul 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no evidence whatsoever of a creator. not one shred...
Level 1

Location hidden

#94792 Jul 1, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>Woodtick truly is a retard i dont even think its a real person
He can't be for real. No one can be that dumb and still remembers to breath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Rider on the Storm 200,623
2words into 2new words (May '12) 7 min Sharlene45 4,997
Word association (Jun '07) 7 min Bezeer 5,436
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 9 min Bezeer 4,205
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 9 min Bezeer 4,098
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 11 min Bezeer 13,966
News Polyester pants dampen rats' sex appeal: Ig Nob... 20 min Go Blue Forever 5
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 57 min Luckys Mommmy 9,050
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 1 hr Trunketeer 336
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Hypocrite Hunter 61,369
More from around the web