Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,482)

Showing posts 89,621 - 89,640 of112,014
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh, that could get nasty. If the ball is hot enough any air leaving it will pick up speed. And if the ball is cold enough air hitting it will leave the ball moving slower ( the temperature is directly related to the speed of the molecules in the air ). I could formulate a reason why either one would fall slower than a ball of the same temperature as the air. Hotter and colder and I am not so sure.
The difference would be minuscule.
as miniscule as the air resistance difference against a ten pound ball that is the same size as a twenty pound ball?

or more?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you claim that the propelled object will hit the ground first.
I will tell why the answer is "it depends" for the case of a vacuum if you do.
No vacuum the propelled will be pushed way ahead. As I said in a no vacuum space I am not sure. I would almost say no difference being there is no resistance at all but that is a guess.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Here's the video. The problem is their synchronization could be off , so I say it's within
+-that error. They hit same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Well its going a lot faster to begin with by the time they are travelling at the same speed again the fired bullet is way ahead so of course it will hit the ground first
why would gravity pull the speeding bullet down faster than the dropped bullet?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you claim that the propelled object will hit the ground first.
I will tell why the answer is "it depends" for the case of a vacuum if you do.
oops that should have said under normal the propelled will be pushed way ahead. As I said in a no vacuum space I am not sure. I would almost say no difference being there is no resistance at all but that is a guess.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "But if you still think two objects of different weights fall at the same speed I will bet you what ever you want that a 20lb weight will reach the ground faster than a ostrich feather when dropped from a house top or even from as high as you can reach."
Being reach is a well respected term of standing and reaching plus you will never be higher than that.
no, humans have reached the edge of the soar system

well respected term.

are you going to lose at word games again? last time you ended by proven that 9 out of ten times was a statement fo percentage, against all your previous posts...

you don't do well at word games. you don't do well at anything that i have seen...

“pshhhhh”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would gravity pull the speeding bullet down faster than the dropped bullet?
Your a Retard i dont even wanna argue with you

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually retard the higher temp would decrease air resistance and the force needed to push the air out of the way making the heated object less air resistant. And you act like you are smart. Go read some more books and come back in a year or two.
yes,t hat is exactly what i was saying. a hotter object would fall faster...

hey! you got one right! by not being smart enough to discern the idea of my post, you actually got one right!

good on you, mate!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No vacuum the propelled will be pushed way ahead. As I said in a no vacuum space I am not sure. I would almost say no difference being there is no resistance at all but that is a guess.
Sorry, I did not understand that at all.

You seemed to think that the bullet fired in an atmosphere would fall faster than an object dropped from the same height. Correct me if I am wrong.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, humans have reached the edge of the soar system
well respected term.
are you going to lose at word games again? last time you ended by proven that 9 out of ten times was a statement fo percentage, against all your previous posts...
you don't do well at word games. you don't do well at anything that i have seen...
Key word ad far as "you" could reach. I don't see you much reaching higher that getting out of your chair.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
oops that should have said under normal the propelled will be pushed way ahead. As I said in a no vacuum space I am not sure. I would almost say no difference being there is no resistance at all but that is a guess.
Sorry, that still makes no sense.

"the propelled will be pushed way ahead" what is that supposed to mean? What is pushed way ahead?

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
Here's the video. The problem is their synchronization could be off , so I say it's within

Its interesting but its vertical v horizontal lol

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes,t hat is exactly what i was saying. a hotter object would fall faster...
hey! you got one right! by not being smart enough to discern the idea of my post, you actually got one right!
good on you, mate!
Actually you said "but would it decrease the air resisitance? if you had a ten pound ball at 3,000 f and a same sized ball at absolute zero, would they fall at eh same rate? would the temp difference affect it enough for the lighter ball to fall faster?

Way wrong retard.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Of course the Mythbusters are not the last answer in this question.

As close as they could measure they fall at the same time. That is still not correct. That is only true for Galilean physics. It is not true for Newtonian physics.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:

If you were to fire a bullet downward from the same height as the one you drop at exactly the same time the bullet still gets a massive head start on the dropped one it will arc a little but not enough to make much difference if its a long way up once the bullet that was fired has slowed back down to the same speed as the dropped bullet its already to far ahead

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
"the propelled will be pushed way ahead" what is that supposed to mean? What is pushed way ahead?
Ok lets spell it out for you. The velocity of a dropped object is going to be way less than a fired 22 bullet so it would be pushed way ahead. Unless you think from the start that the velocity of a dropped object can reach up to 1,750 ft/s as a 22 bullet can.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Ok lets spell it out for you. The velocity of a dropped object is going to be way less than a fired 22 bullet so it would be pushed way ahead. Unless you think from the start that the velocity of a dropped object can reach up to 1,750 ft/s as a 22 bullet can.
* facepalm this guy gets it (y)

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets spell it out for you. The velocity of a dropped object is going to be way less than a fired 22 bullet so it would be pushed way ahead. Unless you think from the start that the velocity of a dropped object can reach up to 1,750 ft/s as a 22 bullet can.
Sorry you are wrong.

It is obvious that you don't know how to add vectors.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what SubZone. Lets both get on top of a 3 story building. Me with a 22 and you with a handful of 22 shells. We will set a target below and I will bet you $100 dollars the bullet I shoot will hit the ground or target before the bullet you drop does. We can make this bet as many times as you like.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Tell you what SubZone. Lets both get on top of a 3 story building. Me with a 22 and you with a handful of 22 shells. We will set a target below and I will bet you $100 dollars the bullet I shoot will hit the ground or target before the bullet you drop does. We can make this bet as many times as you like.
Replay time is gunna he a rich man at the end of the day haha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,621 - 89,640 of112,014
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

124 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
~Things YOU Love Game~ (Oct '12) 3 min _Word_Woman_ 3,735
And now for the BALLS thread (May '10) 4 min night machine 165
Horrifying moment dead body strapped to stretch... 11 min Husker D 2
Portland Schools 12 min Relocate 1
Spontaneous Impulse (Oct '13) 17 min wichita-rick 1,152
In honor of ms Sweeter 18 min CJ Rocker 91
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 26 min CJ Rocker 140,610
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr Law D Doll 61
sleeping naked and being chubby 1 hr dad of 2 26