Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“pshhhhh”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#94638 Jun 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would gravity pull the speeding bullet down faster than the dropped bullet?
Your a Retard i dont even wanna argue with you

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#94639 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually retard the higher temp would decrease air resistance and the force needed to push the air out of the way making the heated object less air resistant. And you act like you are smart. Go read some more books and come back in a year or two.
yes,t hat is exactly what i was saying. a hotter object would fall faster...

hey! you got one right! by not being smart enough to discern the idea of my post, you actually got one right!

good on you, mate!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94640 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No vacuum the propelled will be pushed way ahead. As I said in a no vacuum space I am not sure. I would almost say no difference being there is no resistance at all but that is a guess.
Sorry, I did not understand that at all.

You seemed to think that the bullet fired in an atmosphere would fall faster than an object dropped from the same height. Correct me if I am wrong.

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#94641 Jun 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, humans have reached the edge of the soar system
well respected term.
are you going to lose at word games again? last time you ended by proven that 9 out of ten times was a statement fo percentage, against all your previous posts...
you don't do well at word games. you don't do well at anything that i have seen...
Key word ad far as "you" could reach. I don't see you much reaching higher that getting out of your chair.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94642 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
oops that should have said under normal the propelled will be pushed way ahead. As I said in a no vacuum space I am not sure. I would almost say no difference being there is no resistance at all but that is a guess.
Sorry, that still makes no sense.

"the propelled will be pushed way ahead" what is that supposed to mean? What is pushed way ahead?

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94643 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Here's the video. The problem is their synchronization could be off , so I say it's within
+-that error. They hit same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =D9wQVIEdKh8XX
Its interesting but its vertical v horizontal lol

Level 5

#94644 Jun 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes,t hat is exactly what i was saying. a hotter object would fall faster...
hey! you got one right! by not being smart enough to discern the idea of my post, you actually got one right!
good on you, mate!
Actually you said "but would it decrease the air resisitance? if you had a ten pound ball at 3,000 f and a same sized ball at absolute zero, would they fall at eh same rate? would the temp difference affect it enough for the lighter ball to fall faster?

Way wrong retard.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94645 Jun 30, 2013
Of course the Mythbusters are not the last answer in this question.

As close as they could measure they fall at the same time. That is still not correct. That is only true for Galilean physics. It is not true for Newtonian physics.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94646 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Here's the video. The problem is their synchronization could be off , so I say it's within
+-that error. They hit same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =D9wQVIEdKh8XX
If you were to fire a bullet downward from the same height as the one you drop at exactly the same time the bullet still gets a massive head start on the dropped one it will arc a little but not enough to make much difference if its a long way up once the bullet that was fired has slowed back down to the same speed as the dropped bullet its already to far ahead

Level 5

#94647 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
"the propelled will be pushed way ahead" what is that supposed to mean? What is pushed way ahead?
Ok lets spell it out for you. The velocity of a dropped object is going to be way less than a fired 22 bullet so it would be pushed way ahead. Unless you think from the start that the velocity of a dropped object can reach up to 1,750 ft/s as a 22 bullet can.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94648 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Ok lets spell it out for you. The velocity of a dropped object is going to be way less than a fired 22 bullet so it would be pushed way ahead. Unless you think from the start that the velocity of a dropped object can reach up to 1,750 ft/s as a 22 bullet can.
* facepalm this guy gets it (y)

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94649 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets spell it out for you. The velocity of a dropped object is going to be way less than a fired 22 bullet so it would be pushed way ahead. Unless you think from the start that the velocity of a dropped object can reach up to 1,750 ft/s as a 22 bullet can.
Sorry you are wrong.

It is obvious that you don't know how to add vectors.

Level 5

#94650 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what SubZone. Lets both get on top of a 3 story building. Me with a 22 and you with a handful of 22 shells. We will set a target below and I will bet you $100 dollars the bullet I shoot will hit the ground or target before the bullet you drop does. We can make this bet as many times as you like.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94651 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Tell you what SubZone. Lets both get on top of a 3 story building. Me with a 22 and you with a handful of 22 shells. We will set a target below and I will bet you $100 dollars the bullet I shoot will hit the ground or target before the bullet you drop does. We can make this bet as many times as you like.
Replay time is gunna he a rich man at the end of the day haha

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94652 Jun 30, 2013
Okay, I can see that both Aussiebob and replaytime are totally lost here.

You two cannot do even very simplistic Galilean physics.

The fact that an object is moving horizontally has no effect on its motion vertically in Galilean physics.

Why should it?

The force form gravity is at 90 degrees to the direction of motion, initially.

The horizontal motion is independent of vertical motion. The bullet will always accelerate downwards at 9.8 m/sec^2.

SBT
Level 2

United States

#94653 Jun 30, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Who were these university professors and where was this debate. Society is far better off over the last 200 years due to advancements of science. Are you denying that?
Used to be that there was a wall of separation between operational science and origins science. Now you show up in class and they expect a student to look into a microscope and see the two at once. They start out in lectures and show some nice drawings and video animation pushing evo. To the un knowing mind, thinking he is getting objective fact from the trusted prof, but instead is being brainwashed. Now they just fire the prof that won't follow their line.

I can say that the uni president that was a PhD geo with long-age dating focus was shocked when he saw the raw data on grand canyon flows that were telling the wrong story for them. He wrote me about this. His zoology dept head was ordered to write me an apology after attacking me in the papers. I thought to myself, these guys are being straight out w me and I need to show them respect. I did and would never publish their names. PO214 is an interesting subject. Writer is Gentry, a fine gentlemen also. Operational science has done us well since Tesla, electricity and the AC motor pumping all that freshwater and chem to clean it! Med is cool also but steering us away from natural meds is a catastrophe.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94654 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what SubZone. Lets both get on top of a 3 story building. Me with a 22 and you with a handful of 22 shells. We will set a target below and I will bet you $100 dollars the bullet I shoot will hit the ground or target before the bullet you drop does. We can make this bet as many times as you like.
Not if you are shooting horizontally, and in the right direction.

You clearly don't even have a high school level of physics education. You are sorely outclassed in this debate.

So first lets see if you can learn some simple Galilean physics, then we will move up to Newtonian physics.

By the way, what most people get taught in high school is not Newtonian physics, it is the much more simple effects that Galileo discovered.

Level 5

#94655 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you are wrong.
It is obvious that you don't know how to add vectors.
Then like I said "Tell you what SubZone. Lets both get on top of a 3 story building. Me with a 22 rifle and you with a handful of 22 bullets. We will set a target down below and I will bet you $100 dollars per bullet the one I shoot will hit the ground or target before the bullet you drop does. We can make this bet as manybets/times I will fly to where you are at.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#94656 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Of course the Mythbusters are not the last answer in this question.
As close as they could measure they fall at the same time. That is still not correct. That is only true for Galilean physics. It is not true for Newtonian physics.

Actually it is true in newtonian physics, which apply the same
figure for a falling body despite lateral motion.
This is how trajectory is figured. But longer distances require other factors.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94657 Jun 30, 2013
Here is a website that may help with your understanding. Go to the example of a ball rolling off of a table. You can substitute a bullet being fired horizontally:

http://www.ux1.eiu.edu/~cfadd/1150/03Vct2D/pr...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 3 min whatimeisit 1,972
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 4 min Old Sam 13,586
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min -Lea- 25,746
What's your tip for the day? 8 min Old Sam 1,821
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 11 min CJ Rocker 6,877
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 11 min Old Sam 4,110
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 11 min Mega Monster 7,610
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 152,539
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 3 hr X Crypsis X 336
Strange new fish discovered at record-breaking ... 6 hr Concerned_Citizen 3