Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195283 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“pshhhhh”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#94680 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly Aussie Bob or if I may, Exactly mate.
Just trying to simplify it for subzone

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#94681 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the question Aura asked was "Drop a 22 bullet and fire a 22 bullet on a level plane of equal height. Negate wind and air resistance effects.
Which one will hit the ground first?"
She did not say I could not fire down. Just start at the same plane of equal level.
But if you want to go by you dropping yours and me shooting mine out horizontally, that is like you throwing a ball to home from the outfield and me just dropping mine. Why sure mine will hit the ground first.
She is a he OK? And what do you want to shoot fish in a barrel? I meant fired horizontal like myth busters did it.

But speaking of shooting fish in a barrel, Have you heard of the Rod Of God Project?

A 2,000 lb iron rod from 5 miles in space fired from a railgun
@ 25,000 mph , strikes the Earth with a force of 7 kilotons .

Enough to destroy entire naval strike forces or tank columns bases etc.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94682 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you lose. It was drop and fired, plain and simple, end of story. If you want to modify it then we will modify the gun, caliber and velocity of the bullet fired and you will still lose. Like it or not you are not always right.
It was fired horizontally. You are the one who is trying to cheat. The question was about how long it takes to hit the ground.

I don't want to modify it at all. So one more time, what is your prediction and why?

I already told you my prediction and why. Luckily physics is on my side. Is "intelligent falling" on yours?

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94683 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the question was "Drop a 22 bullet and fire a 22 bullet on a level plane of equal height. Negate wind and air resistance effects.

You did not say I could not fire down. Just start at the same plane of equal level.
Exactly ,

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94684 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he did. Saying from a horizontal plane says that you cannot fire down. You would be definition not be firing from the horizontal.
Now you seem to be saying the dropped bullet would hit first. Still wrong. Why do you say that?
Here is Aura post
"I cheated, I taped the feather to the bowling ball.
Now a question that will fry your brain.
Drop a 22 bullet and fire a 22 bullet on a level plane of equal height. Negate wind and air resistance effects.

Drop a bullet and shoot a bullet. Nothing there say horizontally. Nothing there does not say I can not fire down ward.

You lose except it and move on. You trying to add or change it just looks worse on you.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94685 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> She is a he OK? And what do you want to shoot fish in a barrel? I meant fired horizontal like myth busters did it.
But speaking of shooting fish in a barrel, Have you heard of the Rod Of God Project?
Got ya she is he. So I will refer to you as he form now on

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94686 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the question was "Drop a 22 bullet and fire a 22 bullet on a level plane of equal height. Negate wind and air resistance effects.
You did not say I could not fire down. Just start at the same plane of equal level.
Nimrod, "fire a 22 bullet (sic) on a level plane" says you cannot fire down. If you fire down the plane is no longer level.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94687 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> She is a he OK? And what do you want to shoot fish in a barrel? I meant fired horizontal like myth busters did it.
Have you ever read "The Moon is a harsh mistress"?

How high in space? For your problem. It is all simple calculations of kinetic and potential energy.

People very often make mistakes for meteors when calculating energy from space. They base their change in potential energy on only the Earth's gravitational field. What they forget about is the Sun. Its gravitational field is very weak by the time you get out to our orbit. The thing is that it does not drop off very quickly. From the asteroid belt to the Earth an object will gain a huge amount of kinetic energy dropping through the Sun's gravitational field. Small force over a LONG distance makes for a lot of energy.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94688 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It was fired horizontally. You are the one who is trying to cheat. The question was about how long it takes to hit the ground.
I don't want to modify it at all. So one more time, what is your prediction and why?
I already told you my prediction and why. Luckily physics is on my side. Is "intelligent falling" on yours?
Here is Aura post
Drop a 22 bullet and fire a 22 bullet on a level plane of equal height. Negate wind and air resistance effects.

Drop a bullet and shoot a bullet. Nothing there say horizontally. Nothing there does not say I can not fire down ward.

You lose except it and move on. You trying to add or change it just looks worse on you. Let it go dude. LOL

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94689 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Nimrod, "fire a 22 bullet (sic) on a level plane" says you cannot fire down. If you fire down the plane is no longer level.
Level plane of equal hight but you keep factoring in the fired bullet must travel horizontal so its a fixed plane of equal hight now ? A level plane does not mean you cant fire down it just means they both start exactly level and equal to each other

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94690 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is Aura post
You lose except it and move on. You trying to add or change it just looks worse on you.
Are you stuck on stupid?

Level and horizontal are synonyms.

Sorry, if you can't understand a simple problem that is your fault.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94691 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nimrod, "fire a 22 bullet (sic) on a level plane" says you cannot fire down. If you fire down the plane is no longer level.
Really so you are saying when they stand something up and down it is not level? WOW it is amazing that all houses and buildings are not leaning like the Leaning Tower of Pesa. Level goes up and down as it does side to side. Nice try though. LOL

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94692 Jun 30, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
By the time you hear the sound of the gun the fired bullet has already hit the target at five feet also why are you describing trajectory factoring horizontal and vertical into the same equation that was not the question at all
What does hearing the bullet have to do with anything?

Did you not understand the question?

From the same height. A bullet is dropped. Another bullet is fired on a "level plane" that means horizontally. Which one will hit first.

Jesusuh Keristuh on a pogo stick. These two can't even get the question right.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94693 Jun 30, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Level plane of equal hight but you keep factoring in the fired bullet must travel horizontal so its a fixed plane of equal hight now ? A level plane does not mean you cant fire down it just means they both start exactly level and equal to each other
No fool. At the point when it is fired the gun is aimed perfectly horizontally. That is being fired from a horizontal plane.

And yes, by definition, if a plane is horizontal there is no downward component to it.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94694 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Are you stuck on stupid?

Level and horizontal are synonyms.

Sorry, if you can't understand a simple problem that is your fault.
They start off level but it says nowhere that the fired bullets path of travel must be horizontal

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94695 Jun 30, 2013
Hmm, could Aussiebob be one of replaytime's socks?

There is no way that we could have two identically stupid people on at the same time.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94696 Jun 30, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Again exactly Bob. Level is goes up and down as well as side to side.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94697 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No fool. At the point when it is fired the gun is aimed perfectly horizontally. That is being fired from a horizontal plane.

And yes, by definition, if a plane is horizontal there is no downward component to it.
Stop changing the original question and factoring your own little theories in

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94698 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What does hearing the bullet have to do with anything?
Did you not understand the question?
From the same height. A bullet is dropped. Another bullet is fired on a "level plane" that means horizontally. Which one will hit first.
Jesusuh Keristuh on a pogo stick. These two can't even get the question right.
Your mistake is you think level only means horizontally. Start at level plane means they start at the same height. Level also goes vertically. Why do you think the walls in your house are straight and not leaning in or out, left or right?

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94699 Jun 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No fool. At the point when it is fired the gun is aimed perfectly horizontally. That is being fired from a horizontal plane.

Where does it say the gun is fored perfectly horizontal .... It doesnt it says they both START off from an equal hight on a level plane

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Can Be Checked? (Jun '15) 5 min Bezeer 122
News Donald Trumpa s bizarre California GOP conventi... 5 min Doom 26
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min wichita-rick 189,165
One Word (Jan '09) 16 min Bezeer 15,128
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 16 min Bezeer 17,090
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 18 min Bezeer 10,814
In 2182, earth will be hit by very large asteroid 20 min greymouser 8
Transgender bathrooms .... thoughts? 34 min greymouser 31
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 37 min Princess Hey 1,738
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr TheJerseyDevil 5,307