Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#94537 Jun 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I don't see it that way.
OK, look at this from Isaiah 53;

Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
8 By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.

Isaiah 53 was written in 900 BC. It is the only complete book recovered from the dead sea scrolls in 47'. Noteworthy is this book's extensive coverage of the return of Israel to the land "in one day" (by air, land and sea). That occurred a few months later in 48'. Pretty straightforward SZ.

http://www.therefinersfire.org/jews_return_to...

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#94538 Jun 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You took very long. Must have a really difficult calculator?
DF, it didn't take very many posts before you got one of our local trolls to give you a new derogatory moniker. I thought that was very, very, very original. I have never seen that done before and I know no one else on Topix has either.

Level 9

West Plains

#94539 Jun 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You took very long. Must have a really difficult calculator?
I suspect that "calculator" has been on the fritz since if was new.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94540 Jun 29, 2013
SBT, I see some similarities. Too bad it is not a prophesy, but rather a statement of what has already happened to Israel as a nation:

http://www.aish.com/sp/ph/Isaiah_53_The_Suffe...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#94541 Jun 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
46 wins out of 50 would be 92% DoubleFtard. You lose. Now I am gone. Good day.
You're flunking math as well as evolution.
Now you have too get home work to catch up before the next exam.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#94542 Jun 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
SBT, I see some similarities. Too bad it is not a prophesy, but rather a statement of what has already happened to Israel as a nation:
http://www.aish.com/sp/ph/Isaiah_53_The_Suffe...
Pretty cool link. Thanks

Since: Dec 12

Europe

#94543 Jun 29, 2013
No human knows how every thing came to be. F*ck your evolution or religion, you don't know! Just admit you don't know yet...

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#94544 Jun 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You would rather have us smoke weed, instead?
Works for Double Fine
No offence but due to how much babbling atheist do online, I assumed they were smoking weed. I thought the same of Rush Limbaugh with his daily 5 hour monologue.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#94545 Jun 29, 2013
Seputa wrote:
No human knows how every thing came to be. F*ck your evolution or religion, you don't know! Just admit you don't know yet...
It's too rich. They say "We have the facts." and "We don't have the burden of proof."

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#94546 Jun 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2000 census said there was 3.14 people in the average American family. One has to wonder what happened to replaytime's siblings.
His fourth must be a knee-high midget?

Level 5

#94547 Jun 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the average American family has pi children? No wonder that we have a weight problem here.
LOL that is good. Well spotted

Level 5

#94548 Jun 29, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>DF, it didn't take very many posts before you got one of our local trolls to give you a new derogatory moniker. I thought that was very, very, very original. I have never seen that done before and I know no one else on Topix has either.
Lol. Double Ftard? It did make me giggle, truth me told

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94549 Jun 29, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too rich. They say "We have the facts." and "We don't have the burden of proof."
Don't quote out of context.

We do have the facts. We are glad to show that we do.

The next very important point is that we have proved evolution. The vast majority of scientists have looked at all of the possibilities and they agree that the theory of evolution is the correct answer. Since evolution is essentially biology they would be the scientists that you would trust the most. Over 99% of all scientists believe the theory of evolution. That means the few that don't are way off into the fringe.

So, if you want to change anything the burden of proof is upon you.

Now if you are talking about the existence of god, which has nothing to do with evolution. Again the atheists are right. It has always been up to the person making the positive claim to make their case. You are claiming a god exists. This has never been proven in any way. Therefore the burden of proof is still upon you.

Do you understand this? This is very simple logic. Even a fundie should be able to see that this is fair.

Europe

#94550 Jun 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't quote out of context.
We do have the facts. We are glad to show that we do.
The next very important point is that we have proved evolution. The vast majority of scientists have looked at all of the possibilities and they agree that the theory of evolution is the correct answer. Since evolution is essentially biology they would be the scientists that you would trust the most. Over 99% of all scientists believe the theory of evolution. That means the few that don't are way off into the fringe.
So, if you want to change anything the burden of proof is upon you.
Now if you are talking about the existence of god, which has nothing to do with evolution. Again the atheists are right. It has always been up to the person making the positive claim to make their case. You are claiming a god exists. This has never been proven in any way. Therefore the burden of proof is still upon you.
Do you understand this? This is very simple logic. Even a fundie should be able to see that this is fair.
Nobody has proved evolution, and even if they proved it doesn't answer how everything began. 99% of people believing something does not make true. Let's just admit we don't know yet...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94551 Jun 29, 2013
Seputa wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has proved evolution, and even if they proved it doesn't answer how everything began. 99% of people believing something does not make true. Let's just admit we don't know yet...
Yes, evolution has been proven far beyond a reasonable doubt. There is no question about that.

And now you indirectly admit that you have no case by trying to move the goalposts. Yes, we aren't sure how abiogenesis happened yet. That of course does not mean that great progress has not happened.

And 99% of scientists agreeing on an idea is overwhelming. If you want to claim that they are wrong there is an extremely heavy burden of proof upon you.

Of course odds are that you have nothing.

Level 9

West Plains

#94552 Jun 29, 2013
Seputa wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has proved evolution, and even if they proved it doesn't answer how everything began. 99% of people believing something does not make true. Let's just admit we don't know yet...
To date, all the evidence supports the theory of evolution. You are right the theory does not address the origin of life. All we do know points to evolution.

Level 5

#94553 Jun 29, 2013
Seputa wrote:
No, you may not know. We do.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#94554 Jun 29, 2013
Seputa wrote:
People do not believe in evolution like believing something that cannot be seen. Do you believe in multiplication? People come to know things by studying, if the evidence is there and is compelling enough you tend to thing it is correct. There is a convergence of evidences for evolution, these make us think it has to be correct.
That mean there are multiple things that point towards evolution.
No one can explain them all without evolution, therefore it must be true.

Europe

#94555 Jun 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you may not know. We do.
Yeah, right.

Europe

#94556 Jun 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, evolution has been proven far beyond a reasonable doubt. There is no question about that.
And now you indirectly admit that you have no case by trying to move the goalposts. Yes, we aren't sure how abiogenesis happened yet. That of course does not mean that great progress has not happened.
And 99% of scientists agreeing on an idea is overwhelming. If you want to claim that they are wrong there is an extremely heavy burden of proof upon you.
Of course odds are that you have nothing.
Ok, I won't argue with you about evolution or creation. I'm just saying we don't know how life began... I will admit that evolution is more convincing than creation, but it doesn't answer how everything came to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 3 min AmyFaith 3,950
Happy Halloween 12 min AmyFaith 10
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 16 min bambi 22,530
Has anyone tried magic jack? (Dec '07) 18 min dragoon70056 80
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Tom2Tone 149,557
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 30 min ZkyClank 7,028
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 31 min dragoon70056 173
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 50 min okimar 46,076
True or False Game 2 hr DILF 621

Weird People Search