Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,473)

Showing posts 89,441 - 89,460 of111,958
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
And what did i lose
The debate to this point in time.

“pshhhhh”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>The debate to this point in time.
You too narrow minded to debate with

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Or they do understand it and just think its a load of shite ?
There are some with a broader understanding of evolution that don't agree with it, but they have not been able to even weakly refute the theory. The fact that the theory holds up to arguments by such individuals is another testament to its strength and validity.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
As i can tell from yours that you are equally adept at handling the trouser snake
I guess I should be flattered, but I hate to tell you that I am not interested in guys. You are going to have to cruise elsewhere.

Good to see that you can so quickly sink so low. Not unexpected, but good to see none the less.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is not a random process you say? There have been many times prior you said it is random.
Not once. You misinterpreted what I wrote. The path of evolution can be described as a drunkard's walk. That does not mean the process is random. The best quick analogy that I can come up with is to think of a drunkard's walk down a slope. His path will be erratic but sooner or later he will be at the bottom of the hill.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I guess I should be flattered, but I hate to tell you that I am not interested in guys. You are going to have to cruise elsewhere.

Good to see that you can so quickly sink so low. Not unexpected, but good to see none the less.
Dude go tell some one who cares

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not once. You misinterpreted what I wrote. The path of evolution can be described as a drunkard's walk. That does not mean the process is random. The best quick analogy that I can come up with is to think of a drunkard's walk down a slope. His path will be erratic but sooner or later he will be at the bottom of the hill.
I thought you said it was random, I guess not. Ok then as the drunkard walk going down hill, sooner or later he will get there so evolution has direction?

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude go tell some one who cares
ROFL!!!

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said it was random, I guess not. Ok then as the drunkard walk going down hill, sooner or later he will get there so evolution has direction?
In hindsight yes, in foresight no. There are so many positive paths that evolution can take it is hard to predict what will happen ahead of time. There are some very narrow aspects that can be predicted, but even then the exact path cannot be specified. Look at sight as an example. It has evolved many times and taken many different paths. The end result is roughly the same, but the mechanics are different due to the different paths.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you said it was random, I guess not. Ok then as the drunkard walk going down hill, sooner or later he will get there so evolution has direction?
Forgive me if I'm wrong but would a drunkards walk down a hill not be the most random thing you've ever seen lol

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
In hindsight yes, in foresight no. There are so many positive paths that evolution can take it is hard to predict what will happen ahead of time. There are some very narrow aspects that can be predicted, but even then the exact path cannot be specified. Look at sight as an example. It has evolved many times and taken many different paths. The end result is roughly the same, but the mechanics are different due to the different paths.
The direction is in the population.

The environment drags the population toward greater fitness within it. The population exists in an environment containing life-threatening hazards that can destroy individuals in the population. Because there are variations among the individuals, some are better able to resist the hazards and survive, and others are more vulnerable and are destroyed.

By destroying the more vulnerable members, the environment inadvertently leaves behind the individuals who were best able to resist destruction (the survivors). Those will be the parents of the next generation, and the next generation will tend to have characteristics similar to their parents, i.e. the characteristics of the survivors.

The variation among individuals is random, without direction. Then the environment destroys the ones who are less well suited to surviving in that environment, which gives a direction to the population's evolution by only allowing changes in one direction to be successful.

That is the direction of evolution.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive me if I'm wrong but would a drunkards walk down a hill not be the most random thing you've ever seen lol
Where did he start and where did he end? If you did not see the walk you might make the mistake of thinking he took a straight path.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont get older being silly in this country none of the animals you mentioned pose serious threat anyway
I grew up in the bush n il quite happily handle a brown snake along with any other hmm no crocs where i am I'm afraid or funnel webs haha scared of roos you gotta be kidding
Those dingos are gonna get you man! lol

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>The direction is in the population.

The environment drags the population toward greater fitness within it. The population exists in an environment containing life-threatening hazards that can destroy individuals in the population. Because there are variations among the individuals, some are better able to resist the hazards and survive, and others are more vulnerable and are destroyed.

By destroying the more vulnerable members, the environment inadvertently leaves behind the individuals who were best able to resist destruction (the survivors). Those will be the parents of the next generation, and the next generation will tend to have characteristics similar to their parents, i.e. the characteristics of the survivors.

The variation among individuals is random, without direction. Then the environment destroys the ones who are less well suited to surviving in that environment, which gives a direction to the population's evolution by only allowing changes in one direction to be successful.

Yupp i agree with this post

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

News Flash!
Aussie Bob was mangled to death today in Queensland by a viscous gang of goannas led by a Tasmanian devil. lmao

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Where did he start and where did he end? If you did not see the walk you might make the mistake of thinking he took a straight path.
An obviously missed alot in-between ?

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Don't live in tasmania weirdo there is devils here

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
News Flash!
Aussie Bob was mangled to death today in Queensland by a viscous gang of goannas led by a Tasmanian devil. lmao
Il eat the goannas

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Aussiebob wrote:
Don't live in tasmania weirdo there is devils here
Is no devils here

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The direction is in the population.
Really? No direction.

What if the environment is continually cooling. Since evolution has no direction soon all life will die because it gets below 55 degrees Fahrenheit at night.

Hmm, that does not seem to be the case. Perhaps replaytime is wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,441 - 89,460 of111,958
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••