Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
89,441 - 89,460 of 114,781 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
When working with an average, we can use decimals.
For instance, should we do research and find out the chance of winning is 94.3%(just a number, not relevant to the topic discussed), then it is accurate to say that every ten games the pro wins more than 9 times out of ten, or 9.43 times out of ten
So if you play 10 games as I stated, how can you win more than 9 out of 10 without winning 10. Now if you took in several rounds of 10's yes you could use decimals. But I guess that was over your head huh?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Still not to bright are you?
Obviously the number of tournaments would have to be higher than ten. Odds are neat that way. If you win 90 tournaments out of 100 you have won 9 out of 10, here is a new word for you "ratio". If you win 91 out of 100 or even 10 out of 11, you have won more than 9 out of 10.
No No! You said more than 9 out of 10. So as I said how can one win more than 9 out of 10 games without winning all 10? And now you want to add in another 100. LMAO change it all up as usual when you get proven an idiot.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
An questioning something before you learn it is not curiosity nor a sign of sanity.
So by this post you admit that you just take what is shoved down your throat or up your arse without any questioning. That explains a lot about you. LOL

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you play 10 games as I stated, how can you win more than 9 out of 10 without winning 10. Now if you took in several rounds of 10's yes you could use decimals. But I guess that was over your head huh?
That was my point. You would only know the ratio after a great many tournaments. It is possible to win more than 9 games out of 10 without scoring 10, ON AVERAGE

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my point. You would only know the ratio after a great many tournaments. It is possible to win more than 9 games out of 10 without scoring 10, ON AVERAGE
Your point is and was moot. As I stated and you replied to " I also don't see where if a amateur and a pro set down and played 10 different buy ins (10 mini tournaments) how could the pro win more than 9 out of 10 with out winning all 10?

What does that say,.,. oh yes it clearly says only 10 games/tournaments. So back to what I said how can you win more than 9 out of 10 games with out winning all 10?

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point is and was moot. As I stated and you replied to " I also don't see where if a amateur and a pro set down and played 10 different buy ins (10 mini tournaments) how could the pro win more than 9 out of 10 with out winning all 10?
What does that say,.,. oh yes it clearly says only 10 games/tournaments. So back to what I said how can you win more than 9 out of 10 games with out winning all 10?
Sigh.

The word is average. Average. Average.

The poster you replied to, meant it as an AVERAGE.

What is that word again? Average. Say it three times very quickly. It is supposed to almost rhyme with 'beverage'.

He meant it as expressing an average, not just ten games. Get it?

Let is see if you understand: let us assume they played 50 games, and the pro won 46 games out of 50.

What is his average?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh.
The word is average. Average. Average.
The poster you replied to, meant it as an AVERAGE.
What is that word again? Average. Say it three times very quickly. It is supposed to almost rhyme with 'beverage'.
He meant it as expressing an average, not just ten games. Get it?
Let is see if you understand: let us assume they played 50 games, and the pro won 46 games out of 50.
What is his average?
Actually he said and I quote "But in more than 9 times out of 10, it would be the case" there is no speaking of more than 10 or an average. But I guess you are another one that thinks we should be able to read your mind and know what you meant when you can't word things right huh? LOL Whatever

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he said and I quote "But in more than 9 times out of 10, it would be the case" there is no speaking of more than 10 or an average. But I guess you are another one that thinks we should be able to read your mind and know what you meant when you can't word things right huh? LOL Whatever
"in more than 9 times outof 10" implies an average value, not once off. When we speak of per 5, 6 or 10, it is universally meant as an average.

Jeezus, even the poster himself explained that phrase to you. Go back a page.

Double Fine also notices your inability to answer the question posed. Double Fine is hardly surprised

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that how could John, a fisherman, exiled on an island 20 centuries ago come up with the concept of the centralised debit card system that can cover everyone on earth based on numbers?
No one know who John of Patma actually was and his visions were are discombobulated as Jimbo's science. There isn't any reason for Revelation to be included in the Bible except to flesh out the threats of eternal damnation and cataclysmic judgement in order to leverage more control over the Pagan converts and Catholic congregations. It's nothing but a monster under the bed.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
"in more than 9 times outof 10" implies an average value, not once off. When we speak of per 5, 6 or 10, it is universally meant as an average.
Jeezus, even the poster himself explained that phrase to you. Go back a page.
Double Fine also notices your inability to answer the question posed. Double Fine is hardly surprised
Well here is the whole post "I agree, not always the case. But in more than 9 times out of 10, it would be the case. And that is one reason that pros win. They know the odds. They know how to read the opponent. They can usually afford to gamble."

So again I say where does he say more than 10 or an average. He doesn't. I guess as you all say he worded it poorly huh?

Replay also notices you are like SucTheBone. When you mess up you try to blame us and say we should no better so it is our fault. LMAO

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Is no devils here
Agreeds. No devils, no angels, no Adams and Eves, no Gardens of Edens, no Greats Floods,....

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Well I was holding out for SubZone to come back but I see he is chasing points as he does everyday week after week to get that crown he says in meaningless LOL. Up to 2090 now only 40 more to go. You go boyyyy! Time to run.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You drew an incorrect conclusion. The belief that there is no paranormal in no way implies that we know everything.
And your second error is assuming that the burden of proof is upon atheists. It is the other way around. It is up to theist to prove their god exists. The null hypothesis basically says that you do not believe in concepts without evidence. There is no evidence that I know of that supports the existence of god. Give us evidence and we will believe.
1st if you claim you have the fact, and not belief, you have the burden of proof. 2nd you just don't except the clear evidence. 3rd perhaps you don't have God in your life. Why should I question you don't have a soul. I take it as you do know yourself. The design of The universe, it's origin and protection is possible beyond anything humans will ever comprehend. The fact you waste you one existence online as you do is puzzling to me. I do like to think the perfect one isn't so cold on drones like yourself.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here is the whole post "I agree, not always the case. But in more than 9 times out of 10, it would be the case. And that is one reason that pros win. They know the odds. They know how to read the opponent. They can usually afford to gamble."
So again I say where does he say more than 10 or an average. He doesn't. I guess as you all say he worded it poorly huh?
Replay also notices you are like SucTheBone. When you mess up you try to blame us and say we should no better so it is our fault. LMAO
it IS your fault for not knowing such basic phrases and their meaning.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again. When someone refers to x results out of y occurences, it is intended as a statistic and not a once off value. This is pretty much standard practice.

Double Fine still sees you are unable to calculate the average of 46 wins out of 50.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
1st if you claim you have the fact, and not belief, you have the burden of proof. 2nd you just don't except the clear evidence. 3rd perhaps you don't have God in your life. Why should I question you don't have a soul. I take it as you do know yourself. The design of The universe, it's origin and protection is possible beyond anything humans will ever comprehend. The fact you waste you one existence online as you do is puzzling to me. I do like to think the perfect one isn't so cold on drones like yourself.
You would rather have us smoke weed, instead?

Works for Double Fine

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again. When someone refers to x results out of y occurences, it is intended as a statistic and not a once off value. This is pretty much standard practice.
Double Fine still sees you are unable to calculate the average of 46 wins out of 50.
46 wins out of 50 would be 92% DoubleFtard. You lose. Now I am gone. Good day.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't follow along, can you. No one said that 10 games were played. Winning more than nine times out of ten is a statistic. A ratio. If you play eleven games and win ten you have won more than nine times out of ten.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
46 wins out of 50 would be 92% DoubleFtard. You lose. Now I am gone. Good day.
Don't get mad at others when you continually make the same mistake and are called for it. That shows a severe character flaw on your part.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No No! You said more than 9 out of 10. So as I said how can one win more than 9 out of 10 games without winning all 10? And now you want to add in another 100. LMAO change it all up as usual when you get proven an idiot.
The 2000 census said there was 3.14 people in the average American family. One has to wonder what happened to replaytime's siblings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••