Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171815 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#94381 Jun 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That was then. Christianity are now in the majority.
No. There are about 2 billion Christians in the world today. That's counting Catholics, Mormons, JWs, Scientologists and the Westboro Baptist Church.

Total world population is a bit over 7 billion.

That's nowhere near a majority.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#94382 Jun 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No. There are about 2 billion Christians in the world today. That's counting Catholics, Mormons, JWs, Scientologists and the Westboro Baptist Church.
you gotta add the jews and the muslims...same god, same cult...

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94383 Jun 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No. There are about 2 billion Christians in the world today. That's counting Catholics, Mormons, JWs, Scientologists and the Westboro Baptist Church.
Even the majority of those are no more Christian than I am.
You've seen the lies, hypocrisy, dogmatic balderdash, machinations and willful ignorance of "Biblical proportions" that they post.
Matt 5:19? Anyone?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#94384 Jun 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you gotta add the jews and the muslims...same god, same cult...
Well, yes, but I don't think one can count 'em as "Christians"...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#94385 Jun 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
...and BTW, the majority of people on Earth are non-Christian.
Mind your 9th commandment, Bonzo.
The fact that Christians are a minority is proof that Jesus was not God. When the Messiah comes, "the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea". And after the resurrection, "...in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one". When the living God comes to earth, the world will know it. "...and the idols he shall utterly abolish". All the other gods in the world are idols and the world will convert to the true religion of the living God.

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#94386 Jun 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, yes, but I don't think one can count 'em as "Christians"...
Count them as mutual combatants.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#94387 Jun 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the majority of those are no more Christian than I am.
You've seen the lies, hypocrisy, dogmatic balderdash, machinations and willful ignorance of "Biblical proportions" that they post.
Matt 5:19? Anyone?
Oh, absolutely. I'm just being charitable.

After all, the Qur'an enjoins us to be kind to the Afflicted of Allah.

St. Croix valley

#94388 Jun 28, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that Christians are a minority is proof that Jesus was not God. When the Messiah comes, "the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea". And after the resurrection, "...in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one". When the living God comes to earth, the world will know it. "...and the idols he shall utterly abolish". All the other gods in the world are idols and the world will convert to the true religion of the living God.
just as your bible proves that your cult's god is a myth....

funny how you can point out the falseness of other cults and be blind to your own cults obvious falsehoods...

the nature of cult mentality, i guess...

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#94389 Jun 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Count them as mutual combatants.
Fair 'nuff.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#94390 Jun 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you gotta add the jews and the muslims...same god, same cult...
Christians, Muslims, and Jews do not all worship the same God but they think they do. The god of Jesus and Christianity is Satan, and Muslims are totally confused. They think they serve the living God but also observe the supposed validity of the Christian god and NT. Muslims hate the Jews who worship the one true God, the living God. This God is not Jewish, they have added to the scriptures, the word of God, and have missed the mark.

St. Croix valley

#94391 Jun 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
no. why must the cults be so divisive...it is inherent in the religious cult, i guess..

“pshhhhh”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#94392 Jun 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You can believe whatever you want. You can believe that blue is made up of yellow and lime polka dots. You would of course be demonstrably wrong.

And you are demonstrably wrong in this belief too.

When someone says that they believe something a person with a skeptical mind asks them why they believe what they believe. Until you show some evidence a simple "I don't believe you" upsets your case. That is why the beliefs of scientists are based upon evidence. We have evidence of when man lived, we have evidence of where man lived. The species overlap at their times of appearances and disappearances generally. There are a few overlapping species. But most follow one line. This is shown by dating the various fossils by various means.

So what evidence do you have?

The 160,000 yr old skills found in Ethiopia that pre date neanderthal man
Dude theres so many gaps that no body can conclusively say they have all the answers i bet you think you do but hey

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94393 Jun 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>If brain case size is any indication of intelligence then human intelligence has most definitely increased over the last quarter of a million years. However using that rule we are at least 10% less intelligent than Cro-magnon man

Interbred, probably, up to 4% of your DNA is Neanderthal
I am aware of the neanderthal dna
Its a fascinating subject do elaborate on your cro-magnon man theory

St. Croix valley

#94394 Jun 28, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Christians, Muslims, and Jews do not all worship the same God but they think they do. The god of Jesus and Christianity is Satan, and Muslims are totally confused. They think they serve the living God but also observe the supposed validity of the Christian god and NT. Muslims hate the Jews who worship the one true God, the living God. This God is not Jewish, they have added to the scriptures, the word of God, and have missed the mark.
christians also worship your abrahamic god, as do muslims...

your false cult worships the same false idol as they do...

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#94395 Jun 28, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude theres so many gaps that no body can conclusively say they have all the answers i bet you think you do but hey
Ethiopia had skills before Neandertal man?

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94396 Jun 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Ethiopia had skills before Neandertal man?
Lol i ment skulls

SBT
Level 2

United States

#94397 Jun 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but you skipped a step.
Before you can claim that "God does thus" or "God does so", you must first demonstrate the existence of God.
My point is that how could John, a fisherman, exiled on an island 20 centuries ago come up with the concept of the centralised debit card system that can cover everyone on earth based on numbers?

The eyes, language convention and brain all functioning perfectly through millions of optic nerves to see this text, rods and cones to discern colour and depth perception are pretty good proof of God and the miracle of life. You folks look at life and think what an amazing number of accidents and mindless chances made all this. We look at life and say "what an amazing God we serve and I am so thankful I can live here through His goodness!" To search out His creation is a gift. It has been polluted after sin. We live in a mix of past judgement and original creation.

St. Croix valley

#94398 Jun 28, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that how could John, a fisherman, exiled on an island 20 centuries ago come up with the concept of the centralised debit card system that can cover everyone on earth based on numbers?
The eyes, language convention and brain all functioning perfectly through millions of optic nerves to see this text, rods and cones to discern colour and depth perception are pretty good proof of God and the miracle of life. You folks look at life and think what an amazing number of accidents and mindless chances made all this. We look at life and say "what an amazing God we serve and I am so thankful I can live here through His goodness!" To search out His creation is a gift. It has been polluted after sin. We live in a mix of past judgement and original creation.
human eyes are actually rather pathetic by comparison in the real world.

why did your proven mythical god give his favorite species foruth rate eyes?

when you look at yoru cult with an objective eye and logic, it falls apart, as do all your arguments...

St. Croix valley

#94399 Jun 28, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
there are hominid skulls from a species as developed as neandertals (capable of art, forward thinking, etc, etc,)in Ethiopia at that time? i'd like to see some proof of that...

“I can never convince the ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#94400 Jun 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
I'm not sure you can count the majority of the people subscribing to Christianity as Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the name"... 5 min Judy 123 264
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 5 min Sublime1 16,039
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 9 min Judy 123 9,139
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 10 min priceless 9,317
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 11 min Judy 123 25,721
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) (Jan '15) 14 min Judy 123 514
kiss of the century 17 min Judy 123 58
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 48 min CJ Rocker 167,159
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 12,706
News J.C. Penney Employee Sent Home For Wearing 'Rev... 2 hr Spotted Girl 35