Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171828 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

HTS

Englewood, CO

#94361 Jun 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends if he supports pushing his demonstrably bollox bollox in public schools. In which case it still doesn't matter what he believes, but it matters that his beliefs are affecting other people's kids lives.
He can teach his own kids to be as ignorant as he is, but he doesn't have the right to do that to others.
Unfortunately, atheism is become the state religion in America. Just sit in any high school biology classroom and try to engage in an honest debate about evolution. My daughter was openly ridiculed and yelled at for questioning that man evolved from apes. This is not "science"... It is indoctrination. Public education has become a farce.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#94362 Jun 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends if he supports pushing his demonstrably bollox bollox in public schools. In which case it still doesn't matter what he believes, but it matters that his beliefs are affecting other people's kids lives.
He can teach his own kids to be as ignorant as he is, but he doesn't have the right to do that to others.
Since you're so in love with this religion of yours and want to teach it to every impressionable child, I would challenge you to name one magnanimous person who is or was an atheist.

Why do you even care?
You think that children are nothing more than descendants from apes...the products of blind mutations...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#94363 Jun 28, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, atheism is become the state religion in America. Just sit in any high school biology classroom and try to engage in an honest debate about evolution. My daughter was openly ridiculed and yelled at for questioning that man evolved from apes. This is not "science"... It is indoctrination. Public education has become a farce.
That's because you have to be a total nut to question something which you know nothing about.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94364 Jun 28, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
If her approach at all mirrored your approach to the problem here then she got what she deserved. If she had serious questions then that is too bad. That would have been wrong on the part of her costudents and teacher. Since you seem to be proud of her it was probably sadly the former.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#94365 Jun 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you have to be a total nut to question something which you know nothing about.
He states " My daughter was openly ridiculed and yelled at for questioning that man evolved from apes."

You reply with "That's because you have to be a total nut to question something which you know nothing about."

By that statement you support ridiculing children that have questions. That is sad.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94366 Jun 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
He states " My daughter was openly ridiculed and yelled at for questioning that man evolved from apes."
You reply with "That's because you have to be a total nut to question something which you know nothing about."
By that statement you support ridiculing children that have questions. That is sad.
I remember when I was in school and sometimes a student would try to ask questions as a diversion, not because they wanted to learn anything. If HST's daughter acted the same way that HST has here she got what she deserved. If she honestly had doubts and was willing to learn then it was wrong for them to yell at her.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#94367 Jun 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when I was in school and sometimes a student would try to ask questions as a diversion, not because they wanted to learn anything. If HST's daughter acted the same way that HST has here she got what she deserved. If she honestly had doubts and was willing to learn then it was wrong for them to yell at her.
At heart you are a Marxist...
You are not interested in discovery...only in carrying on with established dogma that conforms to our worldview.
You attempt to control the beliefs of there through whatever means is necessary, including intimidation and fraud.

A scientist welcomes debate. Questioning established dogma is the heart and soul of science.
You seem to think that anyone who doesn't blindly believe in the evo-fairy is "anti-science." If all scientists embraced your ethic, we'd still be in the dark ages.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#94368 Jun 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitten, you and SZ are both Marxists.
You're interested in indoctrination, not teaching.
If evolution is so soundly supported by scientific evidence, why do you justify intimidation against those who don't blindly accept?
The fact is, evolution cannot stand on its own. The only way it can be defended is through outright deception.
My six year old grandson understands that a worm cannot evolve into a lizard or a peacock or a man.
You, however, think he is stupid for not blindly accepting your idiotic fairytales.

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#94369 Jun 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is man didn't evolve from apes, apes and man evolved from a ape like ancestor. We call them ape/hominins, or proto-hominins that led to hominids and Hominidae
that led to chimps.

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#94370 Jun 28, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitten, you and SZ are both Marxists.
You're interested in indoctrination, not teaching.
If evolution is so soundly supported by scientific evidence, why do you justify intimidation against those who don't blindly accept?
The fact is, evolution cannot stand on its own. The only way it can be defended is through outright deception.
My six year old grandson understands that a worm cannot evolve into a lizard or a peacock or a man.
You, however, think he is stupid for not blindly accepting your idiotic fairytales.
You are a stump dumb lying batshyte creatard.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#94371 Jun 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The truth is man didn't evolve from apes, apes and man evolved from a ape like ancestor. We call them ape/hominins, or proto-hominins that led to hominids and Hominidae
that led to chimps.
Sure it did.

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#94372 Jun 28, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it did.
You don't even need a telescope to see it.

Level 5

#94373 Jun 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You are a stump dumb lying batshyte creatard.
On one side of the fence there is HTS and Jimbo and on the other side of the fence there is Aura Mytha and Kitty. All playing the same part of being idiots with out a cause that do more harm to their belief than they do good. While each think the other is the biggest idiot when in fact they are equal. LOL
Elohim

Branford, CT

#94374 Jun 28, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you're so in love with this religion of yours and want to teach it to every impressionable child, I would challenge you to name one magnanimous person who is or was an atheist.
Why do you even care?
You think that children are nothing more than descendants from apes...the products of blind mutations...
There you go again confusing science with religion. Your inane comments show you have absolutely no concept of what evolution is except for what you parrot from creationism websites.

Level 5

#94375 Jun 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell us what you believe on how life came to be? You won't answer for fear of looking like an idiot and/or a hypocrite. Which you already do anyway so you might as well give your answer.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#94376 Jun 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much really, just illustrating that when your thinking is imprecise your logic also becomes flawed.
English origin England = English belongs to England.
Christianity origin Judaism = Christianity belongs to Judaism.
Since I'm German/French/English/Irish/Sc ot/, I should "belong to" paganism, as my ORIGINal ancestors almost certainly practiced?
That was then. Christianity are now in the majority.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#94377 Jun 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That was then. Christianity are now in the majority.
yes, they waged a great and bloody war to push your cult on other people...

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#94378 Jun 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
On one side of the fence there is HTS and Jimbo and on the other side of the fence there is Aura Mytha and Kitty. All playing the same part of being idiots with out a cause that do more harm to their belief than they do good. While each think the other is the biggest idiot when in fact they are equal. LOL

Nope dingbat on one side is everything man knows, on the other is someone denying every bit of it.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94379 Jun 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
That is your excuse for ignorance? That only substantiates the fact that the majority of people are below average intelligence, Charlie.

English originated on the island of England. That was then. Now a huge number of English speaking Christians are only able to find England on a world map with Google a lot of luck. Hell, half of those wouldn't even be able to find it on a map of the British Isles.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94380 Jun 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
...and BTW, the majority of people on Earth are non-Christian.
Mind your 9th commandment, Bonzo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 3 min andet1987 6,061
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 4 min bingo 9,322
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 9 min Suezanne 25,722
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 10 min andet1987 32,496
Play "end of the name"... 13 min andet1987 265
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) (Jan '15) 17 min andet1987 515
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 20 min Grace Nerissa 2,564
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 33 min Sublime1 167,165
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 34 min cathouse cowboy 12,709
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 2 hr Sublime1 16,039
News J.C. Penney Employee Sent Home For Wearing 'Rev... 4 hr Spotted Girl 35
More from around the web