Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197217 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#94336 Jun 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing, there was no sunken boat/vessel found with the chariot parts.
Check the "Answers in Genesis" bit I just posted.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#94337 Jun 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing, there was no sunken boat/vessel found with the chariot parts.
Funny thing, there was no chariot parts found with the chariot parts.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#94338 Jun 28, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Bob, you've got to realize that this forum has been inundated with atheist stooges who are not the slightest bit interested in science or in the acquisition of knowledge. They are bent only on promoting their amoral worldview. The level of BS that has been spewed by these ignorant DarwinBots on this forum is becoming legendary.
HAHAHAHAH!!! Thank you for starting my day with a laugh Mr. Phony Doctor!!

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#94339 Jun 28, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Homology has been soundly debunked. Deal with it.
I think you have a general misunderstanding of the word 'debunked'. You obviously think it means 'not understood by me'. That would be the only circumstance in which I could agree with your statement.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94340 Jun 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
What chariot parts? You have not linked any evidence?

Did you watch the video that I linked where it told why Ron Wyatt is full of crap?

Did you see that even Answers in Genesis, a creationist site, said that Ron Wyatt is full of crap?

“A belief is formed personally.”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Not forced.

#94341 Jun 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you assume that because something is meaningless to you that it is meaningless to anyone else?
And you accuse people in a derogatory way of getting satisfaction from arguing while you yourself are arguing your point. So hypocritical.
So to enlighten you, so many people do it because they are not willing to roll over at your whim and accept your BS.
If HTS believes in God does his believe affect your life? If so how? If not then what does it matter what he believes?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#94342 Jun 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you watch the video that I linked where it told why Ron Wyatt is full of crap?
Did you see that even Answers in Genesis, a creationist site, said that Ron Wyatt is full of crap?
I may be wrong SZ, but I think Patriot was agreeing with you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94343 Jun 28, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be wrong SZ, but I think Patriot was agreeing with you.
I must have missed that. I did not see his response to the video I showed debunking his original claim.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94344 Jun 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
I had to quote this again and it seems that he was not agreeing with me.

My video did not identify the parts. It showed why it is highly dubious that they were chariot parts.

It seems that Patriot still thinks chariot parts were found.

Here is the video again:

You can skip ahead to 3:00 if you like. He lists a whole series of reasons it is not a chariot wheel and includes the fact that Ron Wyatt did not have some sort of ranging rod or other object for scale in his photos. When the size of an object is important a scientist always includes some sort of object that lets us know the size of the object, whether it is an archaeologist's ranging rod, a geologists rock pick, or even a man made scale on a photograph. There must be something to show the size of an object if you want to claim it is some specific object.

What if there was a ranging rod of some sort that showed those "wheels" to have a diameter of only 20 cm, would anyone still claim that they are "chariot wheels"?

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#94345 Jun 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The multiple lines of evidence and physical proof that is denied by funnymentalist creatards, in favour of the mythical stories of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves has a considerable amount to say.
You donít like the topic of the thread then you know what to do, you have a choice to make
Yes, I could start such a tread, but because it won't gather the attention of the sort that beat horses until the odor of glue is every where, wouldn't respond. This topic as presented was yesterday's news over 10 years ago. Has the sand of time became so quick we now have people against moving on. I do have more respect for those that wish to keep the stories of the past. Just as you record Darwin. You too are stuck in the past but just not as long ago. And you are also fundamentalist.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#94346 Jun 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
All you are doing is asserting that you know nothing of what you believe.
So you cannot demonstrate a boundary between "macro" and "micro." That was easy.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94347 Jun 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I could start such a tread, but because it won't gather the attention of the sort that beat horses until the odor of glue is every where, wouldn't respond. This topic as presented was yesterday's news over 10 years ago. Has the sand of time became so quick we now have people against moving on. I do have more respect for those that wish to keep the stories of the past. Just as you record Darwin. You too are stuck in the past but just not as long ago. And you are also fundamentalist.
Wrong. If Darwin could be shown to be wrong with evidence we would gladly accept that. Sadly for your side all evidence supports his theory to date. It shows that we have no fear in Darwin being wrong since we constantly ask for evidence. If you want to say that we are fundamental about anything it would be evidence, not individuals.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#94348 Jun 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I have the inspired written account to base my argument that the events happened, what have you to base your claim that it did not happen upon?
Reality. I highly recommend it.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#94350 Jun 28, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
If HTS believes in God does his believe affect your life? If so how? If not then what does it matter what he believes?
It generally doesn't matter at all. Except...

1) when his type tries to push religion into a public school science class

2) when he show up here spewing his nonsense. If he's going to open his mouth on this forum, he's gonna get challenged.

Anyone is free to leave at any time.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#94352 Jun 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your cult's bible is a proven farce.
you worship a false idol, like all the religious cult members before you...
My point was this verse is strong evidence that Almighty God is outside of time and can reveal the future. In Isaiah He tells of bringing His peopleback in "silver wings of Eagles". Alaska Airlines had a contract to fly them in 48'. DC 4s with "silver wings". Happy to worship my God!

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#94353 Jun 28, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you *DO* have a sense of humor. Those that support the advancement of science are stuck in the past but fundamental creationist are not. That was pretty damn funny!

Wait!

We're you serious???

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94354 Jun 28, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was this verse is strong evidence that Almighty God is outside of time and can reveal the future. In Isaiah He tells of bringing His peopleback in "silver wings of Eagles". Alaska Airlines had a contract to fly them in 48'. DC 4s with "silver wings". Happy to worship my God!
No, you are cherry picking after the fact. It is easy to find a Bible verse that corresponds to almost any observed fact with the liberal interpretation that you have.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#94355 Jun 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they won't read the scientific ones, so I thought I'd go with their own sites.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#94356 Jun 28, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends if he supports pushing his demonstrably bollox bollox in public schools. In which case it still doesn't matter what he believes, but it matters that his beliefs are affecting other people's kids lives.

He can teach his own kids to be as ignorant as he is, but he doesn't have the right to do that to others.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94357 Jun 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, they won't read the scientific ones, so I thought I'd go with their own sites.
I was responding to someone else, but your find was fantastic!

Ron Wyatt is such a poor source that even AnswersinGenesis rejects him.

That is really saying something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 4 min Ferrerman 6,015
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 19 min 8541 MARINE 56,013
7 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 20 min Retains Retinas 1,279
News Ospreys Drop Fish, Kitten From Nest 24 min Marlon Perkins 4
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 26 min Al Birta 2,311
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 26 min SweLL GirL 144,713
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 28 min Princess Hey 4,193
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 43 min SweLL GirL 190,694
More from around the web