Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
89,201 - 89,220 of 112,980 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, you don't get to get things for free. In fact since you are my bitch you should be asking much nicer than this.
First you have to admit either that you have no clue what we believe or you have to admit that you are a liar.
Oh I do admit you are full of BS and lies. And I admit you have no answers to anything which is why you didn't answer. And my sweet dear I give you brownhole all the time so quit your whining.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Reds call it "the means justify the ends". I remember in HS those neat drawings of homology related appendages being so convincing. Millions of kids have been brainwashed by that fraud and still are today, it's disgusting.
The teachers trust the publishers and the publishers think the scientists telling the story are honest. They maybe, as they just ignorantly regurgitate the same lies to the next generation as they were taught. I won't put up with it. I have debated the other side and gone to their universities and always found the above to be true on this one. They get a wakeup call or go to attack mode.
Those were honest pictures. Homology cannot be explained by creatards. Look at HST's approach to the subject. He has claimed both that it is false and that IDiocy has homology too.

If creationists are given enough rope they always shoot themselves in the foot sooner or later.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It is always in their statements of belief. They usually say that when push comes to shove they will believe the Bible more than they will believe the evidence.
That is an open admission that they will lie if necessary.
So it is just more BS you made up being you have no evidence for it.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were honest pictures. Homology cannot be explained by creatards. Look at HST's approach to the subject. He has claimed both that it is false and that IDiocy has homology too.
If creationists are given enough rope they always shoot themselves in the foot sooner or later.
What is I you always say something like denying the ToE is like denying the TaG (theory of gravity)? You say something like that don't you?

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean the guy who used to subscribe to fundamentalist creationism but now accepts evolution? You WERE aware of his epiphany since then aren't you?
<quoted text>
Then creationists ignore the very same "common design" idea when it's convenient, such as DNA being a measure of how closely related we all are. After all, "common design" can't distinguish two humans created separately via "common design" between two that are related, so they just assume that DNA works until it arbitrarily passes the arbitrary species "barrier", for no other reason except the Bible's "separately created kinds". And one possibility must also never be considered - that God used evolution. Because that would contradict the old religious book that said lizards and donkeys can talk and that the world was a flat square circle.
Your creationist buddies lied to you. Because the 9th Commandment is NOT important to fundies.
Dude, you start out wrong as Denton never subscribed as you stated, ever. An acquaintance of mine took him out to dinner and knows the truth. Denton built much of his research on the hard work of others. He was unshackled to write what he actually found, despite his personal beliefs, which are what?

I quoted 3 world-class micro-biologists and the best you can do is miss-claim the personal philosophy of one and skip the others?

On DNA similarities, there is alot of lit. out when looked at closely imitates the same fallacies of comparative homology supposedly proving evolution. They tell half-truths, get published and when the source data is analyzed,(without bias)well how about that, it tells another story! Your mocking the Bible over the talking animals etc. is interesting to me. Man has little understanding in the ways of God, if he wants to make the rocks speak he can pull it off. I was leaning against a pitchfork one day talking to a gal and our horse did everything it could to get into the conversation, we stood there amazed and laughing, the poor guy just couldn't get the actual words out but try he did.

So how is your Hebrew and Greek these days, I see so many interpretive errors on this site ending in erroneous deductions that could only be influenced by lit that is intentionally anti-Bible. What about "circle of the earth". How could some uneducated ancient get that? It is correct standing on a hill of seen from space.

I find the timeless nature of the Bible amazing concerning the overall time period it was written and cultures it has transected till this day. Consider the concept of everyone on earth being marked with a number and that we could not buy or sell without it!

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is just more BS you made up being you have no evidence for it.
No, it is logic. A capability missing in all creatards. If a site says that true science supports the Bible they are antiscience since science does not work that way. You do not get to assume your results first and then see how science supports it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What is I you always say something like denying the ToE is like denying the TaG (theory of gravity)? You say something like that don't you?
Denying evolution is very similar to denying gravity. They are both observable scientific phenomena. They both have theories tha describe them.

Why would you deny something that is observable?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying evolution is very similar to denying gravity. They are both observable scientific phenomena. They both have theories tha describe them.
Why would you deny something that is observable?
Evolution is all theory.

Gravity, however, is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you start out wrong as Denton never subscribed as you stated, ever. An acquaintance of mine took him out to dinner and knows the truth. Denton built much of his research on the hard work of others. He was unshackled to write what he actually found, despite his personal beliefs, which are what?
I quoted 3 world-class micro-biologists and the best you can do is miss-claim the personal philosophy of one and skip the others?
On DNA similarities, there is alot of lit. out when looked at closely imitates the same fallacies of comparative homology supposedly proving evolution. They tell half-truths, get published and when the source data is analyzed,(without bias)well how about that, it tells another story! Your mocking the Bible over the talking animals etc. is interesting to me. Man has little understanding in the ways of God, if he wants to make the rocks speak he can pull it off. I was leaning against a pitchfork one day talking to a gal and our horse did everything it could to get into the conversation, we stood there amazed and laughing, the poor guy just couldn't get the actual words out but try he did.
So how is your Hebrew and Greek these days, I see so many interpretive errors on this site ending in erroneous deductions that could only be influenced by lit that is intentionally anti-Bible. What about "circle of the earth". How could some uneducated ancient get that? It is correct standing on a hill of seen from space.
I find the timeless nature of the Bible amazing concerning the overall time period it was written and cultures it has transected till this day. Consider the concept of everyone on earth being marked with a number and that we could not buy or sell without it!
man's understanding of your god all comes from the bible, which proves that your god is a myth...

funny how that works...

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is all theory.
Gravity, however, is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.
No, you are confusing the theory of evolution with observed evolution.

Both evolution and gravity are facts. Ask any scientist. Okay, you can find a very small fraction that will disagree, but then you are deep in the fringe.

By the way, a theory is the ultimate be all of science.

So you just admitted that evolution is at the top of the scientific world.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are confusing the theory of evolution with observed evolution.
Both evolution and gravity are facts. Ask any scientist. Okay, you can find a very small fraction that will disagree, but then you are deep in the fringe.
By the way, a theory is the ultimate be all of science.
So you just admitted that evolution is at the top of the scientific world.
What are your 100% facts on evolution? Anyone knows if they walk off a ledge they will fall, thus gravity is 100% fact. It can be observed and tested with the same result every time.
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean the guy who used to subscribe to fundamentalist creationism but now accepts evolution? You WERE aware of his epiphany since then aren't you?
<quoted text>
Then evolution is not impossible, period. You can forget about all your claims about evolution being unscientific now, since your alternative is invisible Jewmagic.
<quoted text>
Typical irrelevant BS, compliments of "the Dude".
It doesn't matter what Denton's personal beliefs are.
Why do you consistently refuse to address scientific challenges?

And stop bringing up your mockery of religion.
It is irrelevant to science.
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Homology has been soundly debunked. Deal with it.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your 100% facts on evolution? Anyone knows if they walk off a ledge they will fall, thus gravity is 100% fact. It can be observed and tested with the same result every time.
no, gravity is not 100% fact. there is much we don't know about it. it is actually the sticking point between unifying general realativity and Quantum mechanics..

ask The Almighty Tzar about it, he will copy and paste pages about this tht he doesn't understand...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
do all you fools try to debunk things you don't even understand? is there a school you all go to? a club? a cult?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Homology has been soundly debunked. Deal with it.
Wrong, your debunking was debunked.

By the TalkOrigins article that I found. Suck it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Species evolve. It happens every time.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, gravity is not 100% fact. there is much we don't know about it. it is actually the sticking point between unifying general realativity and Quantum mechanics..
ask The Almighty Tzar about it, he will copy and paste pages about this tht he doesn't understand...
Are you lost? Gravity is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.

So you are telling me that if you took a 10 pound chunk of iron held it up and let it go that it is not a 100% fact that it would drop/fall every time? hehehe

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you lost? Gravity is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.
So you are telling me that if you took a 10 pound chunk of iron held it up and let it go that it is not a 100% fact that it would drop/fall every time? hehehe
but why does it drop?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
depends on where i am when i let it go...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••