Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195553 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94295 Jun 27, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>returd, returd, returd. Still holding the intelligence embargo I see. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
I can't say what others have said or even if you possess the comprehension of what you may have read to pose such a question. What I can say is that micro- and macroevolution are the same thing in a different time scale. Creationists make more of the distinction than science does because they feel less able to refute so called microevolution and erroneously view them as wholly distinct.
Uhm I already said they are on different time scales. See above comments. Get caught up or go to bed old man.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94296 Jun 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Actually the more I look at this, I think someone goofed and wrote the two words backwards.
http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistry101/a/...
A law generalizes a body of observations. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. Scientific laws explain things, but they do not describe them. One way to tell a law and a theory apart is to ask if the description gives you a means to explain 'why'.
Should have been written.
A law generalizes a body of observations. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. Scientific laws describe things, but they do not explain them. One way to tell a law and a theory apart is to ask if the description gives you a means to explain 'why'.
Evident by the very next thing.
Example: Consider Newton's Law of Gravity. Newton could use this law to predict the behavior of a dropped object, but he couldn't explain why it happened.
You found a typo by ( about.com )
On that I would have to agree.

"A law generalizes a body of observations. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. Scientific laws explain(should be describes) things, but they do not describe(should be explain) them".

“No such thing as ABIODARWINISM”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

No ABIODARWINISTS either!

#94297 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm I already said they are on different time scales. See above comments. Get caught up or go to bed old man.
Typical response when you get cornered eh returd. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

By the way, I am not catching up, I have lapped you for what now, the sixth I believe.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94298 Jun 27, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Typical response when you get cornered eh returd. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
By the way, I am not catching up, I have lapped you for what now, the sixth I believe.
What a liar. I posted they are on different time scales around 15 minutes before you did.

Now this reply of your is a typical reply of an idiot that has been shown he is not only an idiot, but is also behind in the conversation. LMAO

Level 9

#94299 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And to you also. read it yourself.
http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistry101/a/...
I guess I need to remember there are so many qualified scientists on topix that know more than real scientists. LOL
We know a lot more than you do pretend as you might.

You take care returd. I don't want you to get worked up and kill a VBS group.
skillbob

Bellbowrie, Australia

#94300 Jun 27, 2013
Modern man has always been on this earth he just outcompeted every other hominid

“A belief is formed personally.”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Not forced.

#94301 Jun 27, 2013
It is amazing how so many argue so much over meaningless things. Why do you waste so much time in your "one" life to argue over things that are meaningless to you and your life. Now if they affected your life I could see a point but nothing on here affects your lives. Come here to bullcrap a little is one thing but to continue to pointlessly argue on meaningless things day in and day is a waste of time/life. Maybe life does not have much meaning to some of you or something. Maybe you get satisfaction from arguing or satisfaction from trying to prove someone wrong while trying to prove yourself right. I have no clue why so many do it.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94302 Jun 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Kristina Herrboldt. Go figure a German name of decent. Shall we just call you Little Hitler for short? LMAO

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94303 Jun 27, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
It is amazing how so many argue so much over meaningless things. Why do you waste so much time in your "one" life to argue over things that are meaningless to you and your life. Now if they affected your life I could see a point but nothing on here affects your lives. Come here to bullcrap a little is one thing but to continue to pointlessly argue on meaningless things day in and day is a waste of time/life. Maybe life does not have much meaning to some of you or something. Maybe you get satisfaction from arguing or satisfaction from trying to prove someone wrong while trying to prove yourself right. I have no clue why so many do it.
Don't like it leave. Know one has asked you to come here or stay here have they? I didn't think so. The way you came in is also the way out, so run coward run. LMFAO

Level 9

#94304 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What a liar. I posted they are on different time scales around 15 minutes before you did.
Now this reply of your is a typical reply of an idiot that has been shown he is not only an idiot, but is also behind in the conversation. LMAO
Wow, I could keep you doing this all night couldn't I.

No, I am not a liar. I never said you didn't post it or that you didn't post it before I did. I just made a statement of fact that I am so far ahead of you, that you are left only with snide remarks and character attacks. That is perfectly true and consistent with your entire presence on Topix.

Now go back to mamma crying and get it all out of your system.

Level 9

#94305 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget that you pay tribute to me every day you are here because you have gone to such trouble to stalk me to this forum. You can cry and whine and pretend all you want but everyone here knows you and knows that it is true.

Mamma is going to have a time with you tonight isn't she little man.

Level 9

#94306 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't like it leave. Know one has asked you to come here or stay here have they? I didn't think so. The way you came in is also the way out, so run coward run. LMFAO
This is hilarious. He is saying more or less the same thing one of your socks posted.

Lets summarize returd.
1. Stalked his way onto this forum.
2. Doesn't know science, biology or evolution.
3. His biggest contribution to this forum has been cut and paste.
4. His biggest contribution to society has been drunken stupidity and date rape.
5. Has a drawer full of socks so he can pretend to be other people.
6. Has repeatedly lied about his job, his life experiences, and pretty much everything, but wants to be taken seriously as someone who knows.
7. You can tell when you have kicked his ass because you become his obsession. See the thread he made in worship of Subduction Zone.
8. Well, that is more than enough to characterize this sad, pathetic little nothing.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94307 Jun 27, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, I could keep you doing this all night couldn't I.
No, I am not a liar. I never said you didn't post it or that you didn't post it before I did. I just made a statement of fact that I am so far ahead of you, that you are left only with snide remarks and character attacks. That is perfectly true and consistent with your entire presence on Topix.
Now go back to mamma crying and get it all out of your system.
Snide remarks and character attacks are all you have. Face the facts FakeDanFromSmithville who took his name to harass and stalk some guy named Dan.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#94308 Jun 27, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>This is hilarious. He is saying more or less the same thing one of your socks posted.
Lets summarize returd.
1. Stalked his way onto this forum.
2. Doesn't know science, biology or evolution.
3. His biggest contribution to this forum has been cut and paste.
4. His biggest contribution to society has been drunken stupidity and date rape.
5. Has a drawer full of socks so he can pretend to be other people.
6. Has repeatedly lied about his job, his life experiences, and pretty much everything, but wants to be taken seriously as someone who knows.
7. You can tell when you have kicked his ass because you become his obsession. See the thread he made in worship of Subduction Zone.
8. Well, that is more than enough to characterize this sad, pathetic little nothing.
1. It is a public forum. I came out of curiosity.
2. I know as much if not more than you. That is easy to do.
3. Your biggest contribution to this forum is to be a hypocrite.
4. Your biggest contribution to society is to be a drain on taxpayers but you think we owe you that because you are mentally ill.
5. You have a drawer full of dirty socks that you use to please yourself. EWWW! Your sick dude!
6. Repeatedly lie about yourself, what you are about and lie completely to fool the crowd in the room.
7. Like Dan kicked your arse and you became so obsessed with him you even made your name after him to stalk and harass him.
8. Well that is more than enough to show who you really are. Just a sad lying hypocritical person with no life.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94309 Jun 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I will take your word over her word said no one ever. LOL
Again with you, you show it is all about everyone is wrong and you are right unless they agree with you, no matter who says it.
Hey tard, it was not just my word idiot. I gave specific examples that showed she was wrong.

There is no explanation why in the Laws of Thermodynamics, the only true laws that I can think of. They just are. Einstein's theory of gravity has a more thorough explanation than Newton's Law. There are various gas theories that better explain how gases work than the various gas laws. All of the gas laws break down under high pressure since they treat atoms as if they were points.

She was talking to a very uneducated crowd and she gave a very uneducated answer.

You went looking for answers for a tard and you found one.
cyclops

Torrance, CA

#94310 Jun 28, 2013
all you phatetic atheists are gonna be burnt in hell by God, just stop shitting this thread, go back to your schools and tell your theachers that they are just created from maggots...i bet you all don't have guts to do that, stained cocks
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#94311 Jun 28, 2013
HTS wrote:
You have only your incredulity to claim that God is impossible.
You know I have never made such a claim. I'd tell you to stop lying but that would be like telling you to stop breathing. I don't think God is impossible, I simply dispute the claim that invisible Jew magic can be scientifically demonstrated.
HTS wrote:
Dude, no one is interested in your idiotic, childish misconceptions about God.
Misconceptions are impossible to determine since there's no way to tell if anyone else knows more about God than anyone else does. You can only claim to know more due to your ego.
HTS wrote:
You "claim" to be interested in science. Yet the backbone of your arguments are nothing but stupid religious beliefs.
You have fallen victim to a classic logical fallacy... The fallacy of the false alternative.
Projection.
HTS wrote:
By our own admission, you believe in evolution because you find God impossible to accept.
Yes, your admission. Not mine. That's why your posts do not actually address mine. Ever.
HTS wrote:
Another boatload of vomit, compliments of "the Dude"...
I am waiting for your so-called "scientific evidence" of evolution.
No you're not. That's why you just avoided addressing it. Again.
HTS wrote:
I don't give a rip what the courts say.
I know. You don't care what scientists say either. Your only interest is your baseless relgious opinions.
HTS wrote:
I've noticed that you have the predictable habit of going into a wild frenzy when you've lost an argument.
I am always calm. I guarantee you that you that the only emotion you evoke in me is laughter.
HTS wrote:
You rant and scream about religion... while I stay focused and committed to science.
All your posts are whining about them mean old atheists. You could not commit to science if you tried because you don't have the first clue what science is and you keep complaining that no-one takes your theological opinions seriously.
HTS wrote:
You have no knowledge what my religious beliefs are... And they are irrelevant to a scientific discussion.
You are correct they are irrelevant. But they are integral to each and every one of your posts. And we have determined that you're a reality-denying Young Earth Creationist of the Abrahamic variety. Beyond that the particulars don't matter to us.
HTS wrote:
But since evolution is your religion, you can't resist incessant mockery and bigotry...imagining that you're somehow making a point.
We constantly make points which you subsequently avoid, while we address yours in a rather direct manner. Then you whine about atheism. And so your circle goes. To date we still have no "scientific theory" of creationism, despite numerous requests. That's not our problem.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#94312 Jun 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is all theory.
Gravity, however, is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.
You mean Newton's law? Which was replaced by the THEORY of relativity? Which is in turn being replaced by the THEORY of quantum physics?

I thank you once again for demonstrating you don't even have a basic school level education on the subject of science.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#94313 Jun 28, 2013
SBT wrote:
Dude, you start out wrong as Denton never subscribed as you stated, ever. An acquaintance of mine took him out to dinner and knows the truth. Denton built much of his research on the hard work of others. He was unshackled to write what he actually found, despite his personal beliefs, which are what?
Yeah, you personally know the guy who knows the guy and HTS really is a medical student with four years medical training despite the fact he knows a grand total of zip about science.
SBT wrote:
I quoted 3 world-class micro-biologists and the best you can do is miss-claim the personal philosophy of one and skip the others?
While you on the other hand skip literally THOUSANDS more who work in the field of evolutionary biology, the vast majority of whom would be quite surprised to find that their field of research was about to, or already had collapsed.

Because Goddidit with magic, which COMPLETELY undermines any pretense you had about being scientific.
SBT wrote:
On DNA similarities, there is alot of lit. out when looked at closely imitates the same fallacies of comparative homology supposedly proving evolution. They tell half-truths, get published and when the source data is analyzed,(without bias)well how about that, it tells another story!
So every single scientific paper published on evolution for the past 150 years is all wrong and lies and biased. Stop using your computer then.
SBT wrote:
Your mocking the Bible over the talking animals etc. is interesting to me.
Of course it is, more interesting to you than science. But religion is not interesting to me in a scientific context.
SBT wrote:
Man has little understanding in the ways of God
Including you, so stop pretending like you know more about the undetectable invisible magic Jewish wizard.
SBT wrote:
if he wants to make the rocks speak he can pull it off.
And if it wants to use evolution it can. The evidence points to evolution. So either God used evolution, God doesn't exist or God is a liar. I'm happy with all three possibilities.
SBT wrote:
I was leaning against a pitchfork one day talking to a gal and our horse did everything it could to get into the conversation, we stood there amazed and laughing, the poor guy just couldn't get the actual words out but try he did.
So how is your Hebrew and Greek these days, I see so many interpretive errors on this site ending in erroneous deductions that could only be influenced by lit that is intentionally anti-Bible. What about "circle of the earth". How could some uneducated ancient get that? It is correct standing on a hill of seen from space.
That's not my problem but yours. I understand the ancients couldn't comprehend certain things which is why the Bible makes such errors. Hence the Bible is not a science book.
SBT wrote:
I find the timeless nature of the Bible amazing concerning the overall time period it was written and cultures it has transected till this day. Consider the concept of everyone on earth being marked with a number and that we could not buy or sell without it!
Yes, it is interesting from a theological historical perspective, just like ancient Egypt or the Aztecs and Romans. But since invisible Jewish magic is not scientifically verifiable it is not relevant to science.

At all.

Sorry about that.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#94314 Jun 28, 2013
cyclops wrote:
all you phatetic atheists are gonna be burnt in hell by God, just stop shitting this thread, go back to your schools and tell your theachers that they are just created from maggots...i bet you all don't have guts to do that, stained cocks
No, you're gonna be strapped to a rack and used for target practice for the Mighty Thor in Valhalla for eternity. Think that was stupid? Welcome to our point of view.

(apologies to Nuggin)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 4 min beatlesintheblog 1,808
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min chillin 189,387
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min Grace Nerissa 55,718
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 10 min Warning 19,559
Ohio Cowgirls Rocking Horse Club............ (Oct '11) 11 min Mr Steev 7,849
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 17 min Princess Hey 9,712
Pumped up! Need a female to watch me. 22 min andet1987 3
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 47 min andet1987 17,152
More from around the web