Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#94233 Jun 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you start out wrong as Denton never subscribed as you stated, ever. An acquaintance of mine took him out to dinner and knows the truth. Denton built much of his research on the hard work of others. He was unshackled to write what he actually found, despite his personal beliefs, which are what?
I quoted 3 world-class micro-biologists and the best you can do is miss-claim the personal philosophy of one and skip the others?
On DNA similarities, there is alot of lit. out when looked at closely imitates the same fallacies of comparative homology supposedly proving evolution. They tell half-truths, get published and when the source data is analyzed,(without bias)well how about that, it tells another story! Your mocking the Bible over the talking animals etc. is interesting to me. Man has little understanding in the ways of God, if he wants to make the rocks speak he can pull it off. I was leaning against a pitchfork one day talking to a gal and our horse did everything it could to get into the conversation, we stood there amazed and laughing, the poor guy just couldn't get the actual words out but try he did.
So how is your Hebrew and Greek these days, I see so many interpretive errors on this site ending in erroneous deductions that could only be influenced by lit that is intentionally anti-Bible. What about "circle of the earth". How could some uneducated ancient get that? It is correct standing on a hill of seen from space.
I find the timeless nature of the Bible amazing concerning the overall time period it was written and cultures it has transected till this day. Consider the concept of everyone on earth being marked with a number and that we could not buy or sell without it!
man's understanding of your god all comes from the bible, which proves that your god is a myth...

funny how that works...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94234 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is all theory.
Gravity, however, is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.
No, you are confusing the theory of evolution with observed evolution.

Both evolution and gravity are facts. Ask any scientist. Okay, you can find a very small fraction that will disagree, but then you are deep in the fringe.

By the way, a theory is the ultimate be all of science.

So you just admitted that evolution is at the top of the scientific world.

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#94235 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are confusing the theory of evolution with observed evolution.
Both evolution and gravity are facts. Ask any scientist. Okay, you can find a very small fraction that will disagree, but then you are deep in the fringe.
By the way, a theory is the ultimate be all of science.
So you just admitted that evolution is at the top of the scientific world.
What are your 100% facts on evolution? Anyone knows if they walk off a ledge they will fall, thus gravity is 100% fact. It can be observed and tested with the same result every time.
HTS

Williston, ND

#94236 Jun 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean the guy who used to subscribe to fundamentalist creationism but now accepts evolution? You WERE aware of his epiphany since then aren't you?
<quoted text>
Then evolution is not impossible, period. You can forget about all your claims about evolution being unscientific now, since your alternative is invisible Jewmagic.
<quoted text>
Typical irrelevant BS, compliments of "the Dude".
It doesn't matter what Denton's personal beliefs are.
Why do you consistently refuse to address scientific challenges?

And stop bringing up your mockery of religion.
It is irrelevant to science.
HTS

Williston, ND

#94237 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were honest pictures. Homology cannot be explained by creatards. Look at HST's approach to the subject. He has claimed both that it is false and that IDiocy has homology too.
If creationists are given enough rope they always shoot themselves in the foot sooner or later.
Homology has been soundly debunked. Deal with it.

St. Croix valley

#94238 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your 100% facts on evolution? Anyone knows if they walk off a ledge they will fall, thus gravity is 100% fact. It can be observed and tested with the same result every time.
no, gravity is not 100% fact. there is much we don't know about it. it is actually the sticking point between unifying general realativity and Quantum mechanics..

ask The Almighty Tzar about it, he will copy and paste pages about this tht he doesn't understand...

St. Croix valley

#94239 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
do all you fools try to debunk things you don't even understand? is there a school you all go to? a club? a cult?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94240 Jun 27, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Homology has been soundly debunked. Deal with it.
Wrong, your debunking was debunked.

By the TalkOrigins article that I found. Suck it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94241 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Species evolve. It happens every time.

Level 5

#94242 Jun 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, gravity is not 100% fact. there is much we don't know about it. it is actually the sticking point between unifying general realativity and Quantum mechanics..
ask The Almighty Tzar about it, he will copy and paste pages about this tht he doesn't understand...
Are you lost? Gravity is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.

So you are telling me that if you took a 10 pound chunk of iron held it up and let it go that it is not a 100% fact that it would drop/fall every time? hehehe

St. Croix valley

#94243 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you lost? Gravity is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.
So you are telling me that if you took a 10 pound chunk of iron held it up and let it go that it is not a 100% fact that it would drop/fall every time? hehehe
but why does it drop?

St. Croix valley

#94244 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
depends on where i am when i let it go...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94245 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Law's are lower in the hierarchy of science than theories.

You have no clue what a theory is, do you?

Level 5

#94246 Jun 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but why does it drop?
Can you not read? What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity(the why's so to speak).

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94247 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you not read? What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity(the why's so to speak).
Yes, just as the theory of evolution explains why things evolve. Got it.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#94248 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws only cover simple observations that never change.
Theory covers explanation , including complex things using scientific laws .

I know you know , but your explanation was lacking ...sorry.

St. Croix valley

#94249 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, that is what i was asking you. why does it drop? the theoretical understanding of how gravity works and why.

newton was flat out wrong...the math worked pretty well, but as to why things 'fell', he was 100% wrong.

i can see this discussion is far above your pay grade...

time for you to hurl insults or dirt clods..i can't remember, since it has been quite some time since i was in the third grade...

Level 5

#94250 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
A scientific laws explain things, not describe them. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. One way to tell a law and a theory apart is to ask if the description gives you a means to explain 'why'. Example: We can use Newton's LoG to predict the behavior of a dropped object, but we couldn't explain why it happened.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. A theory is valid as long as there is no evidence to dispute it. Therefore, theories can be disproven. If evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, then the hypothesis can become accepted as a good explanation of a phenomenon. One definition of a theory is to say it's an accepted hypothesis.

A scientific hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation. Usually, a hypothesis can be supported or refuted through experimentation or more observation. A hypothesis can be disproven, but not proven to be true.

All quoted from Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D.. Need I say more?

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#94251 Jun 27, 2013
Scripture ref for the human dog tag - Revelation 13:16

"He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[a] the name of the beast, or the number of his name".

ObamaCare has a chip for you soon. The reason is so records come complete with a patient in whatever condition you are and wherever you go. Then..

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#94252 Jun 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do all you fools try to debunk things you don't even understand? is there a school you all go to? a club? a cult?
If you base an answer on a survey of the fools on here, then it is "Yes."

rePlayWithHimselfTime is another one of these "I am better, smarter, and know more than you" types that knows very little.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 3 min andet1987 26,734
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min CJ Rocker 152,713
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 14 min andet1987 3,001
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 18 min andet1987 30,039
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 22 min Crystal_Clear722 4,012
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 34 min rosanne 25,832
what are you feeling right now? (Dec '08) 37 min SLY WEST 1,199
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 48 min -Lea- 65
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr andet1987 2,989
More from around the web