Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#94248 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Law's are lower in the hierarchy of science than theories.
You have no clue what a theory is, do you?
Laws only cover simple observations that never change.
Theory covers explanation , including complex things using scientific laws .

I know you know , but your explanation was lacking ...sorry.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#94249 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you not read? What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity(the why's so to speak).
yes, that is what i was asking you. why does it drop? the theoretical understanding of how gravity works and why.

newton was flat out wrong...the math worked pretty well, but as to why things 'fell', he was 100% wrong.

i can see this discussion is far above your pay grade...

time for you to hurl insults or dirt clods..i can't remember, since it has been quite some time since i was in the third grade...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#94250 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Law's are lower in the hierarchy of science than theories.
You have no clue what a theory is, do you?
A scientific laws explain things, not describe them. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. One way to tell a law and a theory apart is to ask if the description gives you a means to explain 'why'. Example: We can use Newton's LoG to predict the behavior of a dropped object, but we couldn't explain why it happened.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. A theory is valid as long as there is no evidence to dispute it. Therefore, theories can be disproven. If evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, then the hypothesis can become accepted as a good explanation of a phenomenon. One definition of a theory is to say it's an accepted hypothesis.

A scientific hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation. Usually, a hypothesis can be supported or refuted through experimentation or more observation. A hypothesis can be disproven, but not proven to be true.

All quoted from Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D.. Need I say more?

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#94251 Jun 27, 2013
Scripture ref for the human dog tag - Revelation 13:16

"He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[a] the name of the beast, or the number of his name".

ObamaCare has a chip for you soon. The reason is so records come complete with a patient in whatever condition you are and wherever you go. Then..

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#94252 Jun 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do all you fools try to debunk things you don't even understand? is there a school you all go to? a club? a cult?
If you base an answer on a survey of the fools on here, then it is "Yes."

rePlayWithHimselfTime is another one of these "I am better, smarter, and know more than you" types that knows very little.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#94253 Jun 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, that is what i was asking you. why does it drop? the theoretical understanding of how gravity works and why.
newton was flat out wrong...the math worked pretty well, but as to why things 'fell', he was 100% wrong.
i can see this discussion is far above your pay grade...
time for you to hurl insults or dirt clods..i can't remember, since it has been quite some time since i was in the third grade...
Hmmm lets see. I posted - Gravity is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.

You brilliantly asked "why does it fall"

I replied with - What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity(the why's so to speak).

And now you again come up with this brilliant reply which has already been covered in the very first post.

Mr. brilliance tell why things fall since you won't accept that what is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity(the why's so to speak).

St. Croix valley

#94254 Jun 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
Scripture ref for the human dog tag - Revelation 13:16
"He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[a] the name of the beast, or the number of his name".
ObamaCare has a chip for you soon. The reason is so records come complete with a patient in whatever condition you are and wherever you go. Then..
your cult's bible is a proven farce.

you worship a false idol, like all the religious cult members before you...

St. Croix valley

#94255 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
A scientific laws explain things, not describe them. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. One way to tell a law and a theory apart is to ask if the description gives you a means to explain 'why'. Example: We can use Newton's LoG to predict the behavior of a dropped object, but we couldn't explain why it happened.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. A theory is valid as long as there is no evidence to dispute it. Therefore, theories can be disproven. If evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, then the hypothesis can become accepted as a good explanation of a phenomenon. One definition of a theory is to say it's an accepted hypothesis.
A scientific hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation. Usually, a hypothesis can be supported or refuted through experimentation or more observation. A hypothesis can be disproven, but not proven to be true.
Newton's "law" of gravity was incorrect.

i thought you said it had to be 100% correct to be a law?

do you contradict you own logic every single night?

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#94256 Jun 27, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If you base an answer on a survey of the fools on here, then it is "Yes."
rePlayWithHimselfTime is another one of these "I am better, smarter, and know more than you" types that knows very little.
Oh it is the return of the man who takes his name after someone he hates and stalks.

"I am better, smarter, and know more than you" types that knows very little describes you to a tee. You even act that way in the Missouri political forums.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94257 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually she got it wrong. Laws tend to be observations without explanations. Theories are observations with explanations.

There are no real "laws of physics" since just about every one has well known exceptions. And once again, theories outrank mere laws. No scientist wants to discover a new law today, theories are where it is at. Here is an example, for a while it was known that Newton's Law of Gravity was wrong. There were definite problems with the precession of Mercury. There were various hypotheses created including an imaginary planet "Vulcan". It wasn't until Einstein came along with his Theories of Gravity that the problem was fixed.

The only truly valid Laws that I know of are the Laws of Thermodynamics.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94258 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm lets see. I posted - Gravity is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.
You brilliantly asked "why does it fall"
I replied with - What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity(the why's so to speak).
And now you again come up with this brilliant reply which has already been covered in the very first post.
Mr. brilliance tell why things fall since you won't accept that what is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity(the why's so to speak).
The "Law of Gravity" was found to have flaws in it. Einstein's theory of gravity is 100% correct, so far.

The theory of evolution is 100% correct, so far.

Even if either of them were found to be wrong the correction for either one would be very very small.

“A belief is formed personally.”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Not forced.

#94259 Jun 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your cult's bible is a proven farce.
you worship a false idol, like all the religious cult members before you...
Why does what he believes bother you so much? Does it really effect your life on what he believes in his life? I mean really you calling it a cult or a fake God or myth does not effect my life in anyway that is why I just easily brush it off. Other words what you believe is meaningless to me but man oh man what others believe just seems to eat you up. I find that funny

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#94260 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh it is the return of the man who takes his name after someone he hates and stalks.
"I am better, smarter, and know more than you" types that knows very little describes you to a tee. You even act that way in the Missouri political forums.
Oh that hurts. ROFL!
In reference to you, yes it does. Thank you.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#94261 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I often wonder what a person armed with ignorance, fear, hatred and anger would call themselves. replaytime, hmmm. I wouldn't have guessed.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#94262 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually she got it wrong. Laws tend to be observations without explanations. Theories are observations with explanations.
There are no real "laws of physics" since just about every one has well known exceptions. And once again, theories outrank mere laws. No scientist wants to discover a new law today, theories are where it is at. Here is an example, for a while it was known that Newton's Law of Gravity was wrong. There were definite problems with the precession of Mercury. There were various hypotheses created including an imaginary planet "Vulcan". It wasn't until Einstein came along with his Theories of Gravity that the problem was fixed.
I will take your word over her word said no one ever. LOL
Again with you, you show it is all about everyone is wrong and you are right unless they agree with you, no matter who says it.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#94263 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistry101/a/...
HTS

Williston, ND

#94264 Jun 27, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does what he believes bother you so much? Does it really effect your life on what he believes in his life? I mean really you calling it a cult or a fake God or myth does not effect my life in anyway that is why I just easily brush it off. Other words what you believe is meaningless to me but man oh man what others believe just seems to eat you up. I find that funny
It's really very simple...Atheists refuse to take an accountability. The concept of a supreme being is threatening to their fragile egos. Their lack of accountability extends into every aspect of their lives...hence their grossly corrupted scientific practices. They want to be descendants from apes so that they are free to practice their perverted amoral lifestyles without guilt.

Darwinism is a religion, pure and simple. It bears no resemblance to actual science. It is worthless debunked dogma.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#94265 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Law of Gravity" was found to have flaws in it. Einstein's theory of gravity is 100% correct, so far.
The theory of evolution is 100% correct, so far.
Even if either of them were found to be wrong the correction for either one would be very very small.
Which theory?

Cosmic Evolution. The development of space, time, matter and energy from nothing.

Stellar Evolution. The development of complex stars from the chaotic first elements.

Chemical Evolution. The development of all chemical elements from an original two.

Planetary Evolution. The development of planetary systems from swirling elements.

Organic Evolution. The development of organic life from inorganic matter (a rock).

Macro-Evolution. The development of one kind of life from a totally different kind of life.

Micro-Evolution. The development of variations within the same kind of life.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#94266 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I will take your word over her word said no one ever. LOL
Again with you, you show it is all about everyone is wrong and you are right unless they agree with you, no matter who says it.
That is because you don't know enough to know any better. With your attitude, I predict that you never will know any better. Bring back GLXGT. At least that personality had some personality.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#94267 Jun 27, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really very simple...Atheists refuse to take an accountability. The concept of a supreme being is threatening to their fragile egos. Their lack of accountability extends into every aspect of their lives...hence their grossly corrupted scientific practices. They want to be descendants from apes so that they are free to practice their perverted amoral lifestyles without guilt.
Darwinism is a religion, pure and simple. It bears no resemblance to actual science. It is worthless debunked dogma.
You are so ignorant, you may be beyond help. It is science and accepted by practitioners of all religions and by some atheists as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 3 min _FLATLINE-------- 3,179
News Loons and superheroes liven up UK election 3 min Gov Corbutt of th... 1
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 5 min _FLATLINE-------- 7,827
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 6 min Papa Smurfaletto 28,492
News Guy Sebastian's Eurovision 2015 doubts: 'Am I s... 6 min Gov Corbutt of th... 1
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 7 min Parden Pard 56,596
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 8 min Papa Smurfaletto 31,538
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 30 min CJ Rocker 161,493
Things that make life eaiser... 1 hr DILF 125
motorcycle traveling stories 1 hr harleyhoney 569
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 2 hr Ferretman 1,484
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 hr Trapper John MD 8,353
More from around the web