Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
HTS

Williston, ND

#94237 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were honest pictures. Homology cannot be explained by creatards. Look at HST's approach to the subject. He has claimed both that it is false and that IDiocy has homology too.
If creationists are given enough rope they always shoot themselves in the foot sooner or later.
Homology has been soundly debunked. Deal with it.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#94238 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your 100% facts on evolution? Anyone knows if they walk off a ledge they will fall, thus gravity is 100% fact. It can be observed and tested with the same result every time.
no, gravity is not 100% fact. there is much we don't know about it. it is actually the sticking point between unifying general realativity and Quantum mechanics..

ask The Almighty Tzar about it, he will copy and paste pages about this tht he doesn't understand...

Minnesota's North Coast

#94239 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your 100% facts on evolution? Anyone knows if they walk off a ledge they will fall, thus gravity is 100% fact. It can be observed and tested with the same result every time.
do all you fools try to debunk things you don't even understand? is there a school you all go to? a club? a cult?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94240 Jun 27, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Homology has been soundly debunked. Deal with it.
Wrong, your debunking was debunked.

By the TalkOrigins article that I found. Suck it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94241 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Species evolve. It happens every time.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#94242 Jun 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, gravity is not 100% fact. there is much we don't know about it. it is actually the sticking point between unifying general realativity and Quantum mechanics..
ask The Almighty Tzar about it, he will copy and paste pages about this tht he doesn't understand...
Are you lost? Gravity is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.

So you are telling me that if you took a 10 pound chunk of iron held it up and let it go that it is not a 100% fact that it would drop/fall every time? hehehe

Minnesota's North Coast

#94243 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you lost? Gravity is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.
So you are telling me that if you took a 10 pound chunk of iron held it up and let it go that it is not a 100% fact that it would drop/fall every time? hehehe
but why does it drop?

Minnesota's North Coast

#94244 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
depends on where i am when i let it go...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94245 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Law's are lower in the hierarchy of science than theories.

You have no clue what a theory is, do you?

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#94246 Jun 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but why does it drop?
Can you not read? What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity(the why's so to speak).

Level 9

Everett, WA

#94247 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you not read? What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity(the why's so to speak).
Yes, just as the theory of evolution explains why things evolve. Got it.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#94248 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws only cover simple observations that never change.
Theory covers explanation , including complex things using scientific laws .

I know you know , but your explanation was lacking ...sorry.

Minnesota's North Coast

#94249 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, that is what i was asking you. why does it drop? the theoretical understanding of how gravity works and why.

newton was flat out wrong...the math worked pretty well, but as to why things 'fell', he was 100% wrong.

i can see this discussion is far above your pay grade...

time for you to hurl insults or dirt clods..i can't remember, since it has been quite some time since i was in the third grade...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#94250 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
A scientific laws explain things, not describe them. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. One way to tell a law and a theory apart is to ask if the description gives you a means to explain 'why'. Example: We can use Newton's LoG to predict the behavior of a dropped object, but we couldn't explain why it happened.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. A theory is valid as long as there is no evidence to dispute it. Therefore, theories can be disproven. If evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, then the hypothesis can become accepted as a good explanation of a phenomenon. One definition of a theory is to say it's an accepted hypothesis.

A scientific hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation. Usually, a hypothesis can be supported or refuted through experimentation or more observation. A hypothesis can be disproven, but not proven to be true.

All quoted from Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D.. Need I say more?

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#94251 Jun 27, 2013
Scripture ref for the human dog tag - Revelation 13:16

"He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[a] the name of the beast, or the number of his name".

ObamaCare has a chip for you soon. The reason is so records come complete with a patient in whatever condition you are and wherever you go. Then..

“What can I do to get the Topix”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

cops upset?

#94252 Jun 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do all you fools try to debunk things you don't even understand? is there a school you all go to? a club? a cult?
If you base an answer on a survey of the fools on here, then it is "Yes."

rePlayWithHimselfTime is another one of these "I am better, smarter, and know more than you" types that knows very little.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#94253 Jun 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, that is what i was asking you. why does it drop? the theoretical understanding of how gravity works and why.
newton was flat out wrong...the math worked pretty well, but as to why things 'fell', he was 100% wrong.
i can see this discussion is far above your pay grade...
time for you to hurl insults or dirt clods..i can't remember, since it has been quite some time since i was in the third grade...
Hmmm lets see. I posted - Gravity is a fact; a law. What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity.

You brilliantly asked "why does it fall"

I replied with - What is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity(the why's so to speak).

And now you again come up with this brilliant reply which has already been covered in the very first post.

Mr. brilliance tell why things fall since you won't accept that what is theoretical are the mathematical models that are used to predict the force of gravity(the why's so to speak).

Minnesota's North Coast

#94254 Jun 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
Scripture ref for the human dog tag - Revelation 13:16
"He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[a] the name of the beast, or the number of his name".
ObamaCare has a chip for you soon. The reason is so records come complete with a patient in whatever condition you are and wherever you go. Then..
your cult's bible is a proven farce.

you worship a false idol, like all the religious cult members before you...

Minnesota's North Coast

#94255 Jun 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
A scientific laws explain things, not describe them. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. One way to tell a law and a theory apart is to ask if the description gives you a means to explain 'why'. Example: We can use Newton's LoG to predict the behavior of a dropped object, but we couldn't explain why it happened.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. A theory is valid as long as there is no evidence to dispute it. Therefore, theories can be disproven. If evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, then the hypothesis can become accepted as a good explanation of a phenomenon. One definition of a theory is to say it's an accepted hypothesis.
A scientific hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation. Usually, a hypothesis can be supported or refuted through experimentation or more observation. A hypothesis can be disproven, but not proven to be true.
All quoted from Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D.. Need I say more?
Newton's "law" of gravity was incorrect.

i thought you said it had to be 100% correct to be a law?

do you contradict you own logic every single night?

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#94256 Jun 27, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If you base an answer on a survey of the fools on here, then it is "Yes."
rePlayWithHimselfTime is another one of these "I am better, smarter, and know more than you" types that knows very little.
Oh it is the return of the man who takes his name after someone he hates and stalks.

"I am better, smarter, and know more than you" types that knows very little describes you to a tee. You even act that way in the Missouri political forums.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 min eleanorigby 38,511
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 9 min Analog man 2,163
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 11 min Analog man 8,810
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 30 min UnderstandPeople 28,663
Mr. Incredible Guilty of Assault 37 min TALLYHO 8541 19
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 47 min SLY WEST 155,368
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 1 hr Seinfeld 429
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 1 hr zedme 5,817
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 4 hr its me daisy 3,638
More from around the web