Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,457)

Showing posts 89,121 - 89,140 of111,911
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Relabeling observations doesn't erase the problem. If you study deBeer's research, he proved that many homologous traits were produced by non-homologous genes. For example, the lenses of the eyes in two closely related species of frogs are proven to arise from two separate embryologic structures.* No one would argue that these two lenses are not homologous. Yet they are produced by different genes and therefore are not genetically related. Many other examples were cited through his research. He expressed his conclusions in his book Homology: An Unsolved Problem, as follows,
"It is now clear that the pride with which it was assumed that the inheritance of homologous structures from a common ancestor explained homology was misplaced; for such inheritance cannot be ascribed to identity of genes. The attempt to find 'homologous' genes, except in closely related species, has been given up as hopeless."
*de Beer, Sir Gavin, Homology, An Unsolved Problem, Oxford University Press,(1971).
So you see, SZ...your intuitions, however compelling they might be, have been scientifically proven to be FALSE. Hunches must capitulate to science. Homology is a failed argument. The fact that you DarwinBots still hang onto it clearly indicates that you are groping for evidence to validate your failed religion.
Name one idiot.

It is not relabeling when you show that convergent evolution does not make homologous structures. Compare a squid's eye to a human eye.

They are an example of convergent evolution. They are in no way homologous.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

By the way HST, you forgot your link.

Your quote is useless. You made the rule necessary since you quote mined so often.

I have to run for a few hours. Perhaps you will have something by the time I get back

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

And one more point HST, you might want to find an article that is more recent than 40 years old. I have my doubts if they could even identify genes at that point in time.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
My bitch is back!
And he is in a pitched battle for biggest idiot on the forum.
Jimbo is beyond stupid, he is not a contender.
So who will win today. You have to do a bit better than this post my bitch. All it shows so far is terrible reading comprehension on your part.s
I would say someone that calls their self a tard has to be the biggest idiot. You win the award again hands down. LMMFAO

I glad you are admitting you are gay. To consider me your bitchh you have to be gay. Oh and by the way next time you give me a reach around, use your left hand. It is softer than your right hand. LMAO

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Relabeling observations doesn't erase the problem. If you study deBeer's research, he proved that many homologous traits were produced by non-homologous genes. For example, the lenses of the eyes in two closely related species of frogs are proven to arise from two separate embryologic structures.* No one would argue that these two lenses are not homologous. Yet they are produced by different genes and therefore are not genetically related. Many other examples were cited through his research. He expressed his conclusions in his book Homology: An Unsolved Problem, as follows,
"It is now clear that the pride with which it was assumed that the inheritance of homologous structures from a common ancestor explained homology was misplaced; for such inheritance cannot be ascribed to identity of genes. The attempt to find 'homologous' genes, except in closely related species, has been given up as hopeless."
*de Beer, Sir Gavin, Homology, An Unsolved Problem, Oxford University Press,(1971).
So you see, SZ...your intuitions, however compelling they might be, have been scientifically proven to be FALSE. Hunches must capitulate to science. Homology is a failed argument. The fact that you DarwinBots still hang onto it clearly indicates that you are groping for evidence to validate your failed religion.
Old news. You need to look at the current definition of homology not one from 40+ years ago.
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one idiot.
It is not relabeling when you show that convergent evolution does not make homologous structures. Compare a squid's eye to a human eye.
They are an example of convergent evolution. They are in no way homologous.
I just gave an example from De Beer's book, you moron.
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Old news. You need to look at the current definition of homology not one from 40+ years ago.
Yet another cowardly dodge from Mike.
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
And one more point HST, you might want to find an article that is more recent than 40 years old. I have my doubts if they could even identify genes at that point in time.
DeBeer didn't identify genes. He excised the embryologist structure from developing lenses of two developing frogs, and proved that they were not genetically related.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
DeBeer didn't identify genes. He excised the embryologist structure from developing lenses of two developing frogs, and proved that they were not genetically related.
"DeBeer didn't identify genes /and proved that they were not genetically related."

Asshat

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say someone that calls their self a tard has to be the biggest idiot. You win the award again hands down. LMMFAO
I glad you are admitting you are gay. To consider me your bitchh you have to be gay. Oh and by the way next time you give me a reach around, use your left hand. It is softer than your right hand. LMAO
you like to use LMAO, and such...are you a teenager from a decade ago? or is your intelligence just stuck at that level and era?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I just gave an example from De Beer's book, you moron.
You forgot the link idiot.

For you that is an invalid source.

Creatard liars who have been caught quote mining many many times must submit a linkable source. Otherwise all quotes are to be treated as garbage.

You have been caught lying many many times

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you like to use LMAO, and such...are you a teenager from a decade ago? or is your intelligence just stuck at that level and era?
Since she is my bitch replaytime knows that she must make herself look as imbecilic as possible for my entertainment.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

And I see that How's That for Stupid? did not come up with anything during my absence.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you are confusing adaptation and evolution. Evolution has been debunked. Adaptation is very real. I would encourage you to read up on the two subjects.
isn't adaptation upon adaptation upon adaptation what evolution is?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
So you totally screwed up.

Thanks for admitting it.

Even How's That has admitted that he has nothing. I don't even have to try to dig up his DeBeers' link.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, so you are saying they identified genes without identifying genes. Sorry, but the real world does not work with such contradictions in terms.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Since she is my bitch replaytime knows that she must make herself look as imbecilic as possible for my entertainment.
You are just as gay as I am. Glad you finally admit that. I like it in the trunk and you like it in the mouth. What a pair we make. LMAO

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just as gay as I am. Glad you finally admit that. I like it in the trunk and you like it in the mouth. What a pair we make. LMAO
You keep forgetting, you are my bitch.

At best you would be a bottom only.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

If replaytime's physical stature matches her mental stature she is about 3 feet tall with a flat head. She is the perfect woman. She can stand while she blows me and provides a handy resting place for my beer while she does it.

Aaaah.... Perfection!

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep forgetting, you are my bitch.
At best you would be a bottom only.
No you give a reach around that is why I said use your left hand for it is softer. I like it in the trunk but in your mouth you like it when I dunk. You should be glad with the gay win in court today. It means so much for you and I.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,121 - 89,140 of111,911
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••