Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
89,001 - 89,020 of 112,790 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>As revealed in all its glory right here on Topix.
...and the hits just keep comin'. Chemistry lies, physics lies, geology lies, history lies, anthropology lies, genetics lies, biology lies, statistics lie, archaeology lies - and it's all a conspiracy by the atheists because they hate something they say doesn't exist - so they must be lying about that because they worship Satan. O_o

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

There is evidence of evolution within a species but hardly any of change from one species to another. If there is a design in nature, is it comscious of itself as we are?

http://youtu.be/iPfgeqqTwPc

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

actorvet wrote:
There is evidence of evolution within a species but hardly any of change from one species to another. If there is a design in nature, is it comscious of itself as we are?
http://youtu.be/iPfgeqqTwPc
you mean outside of the huge fossil record of such, right?

we even have the fossil record of hominids evolving through many species...

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joke...
Evolution is crashing by the minute.
The collapse of Lamarckism...
The failed junk DNA debacle...
The failed fossil record...
The collapse of genetic determinism...
The proven impossibility to create genetic information through mutations...
The utter lack of even a proposed mechanisms of creating genetic information...let alone absence of any evidence.
The impossibility of abiogenesis...
You are clinging on to a sinking ship...
You'd best follow the rats and jump off.
I note you are merely repeating the same posts you sent 1 month ago, and 3 months ago, and ignoring the fact that most of it has been debunked already, repeatedly, with no successful response from you. Actually all of it.

So you either suffer from Alzheimers or you think lying for Jesus is acceptable.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>The Miller-Urey experiment was an abject failure...why would it threaten anyone's religious beliefs. It proved absolutely nothing.
Going to insist Miller Urey was a failure because microbes didn't wander out of the mix?

Going to attempt to discredit Dubois again, in the vain hope that it will make 40+ H erectus specimens disappear? Going to make the laughable claim that Erectus was in the modern range but ignore Georgicus and Habilis again?

Going to attempt to discredit radiometric dating on the basis that Argon dating is useless for samples less than 100,000 years old, and insist that we should be able to measure the length of a microbe with a carpenter's tape?

Going to ignore the nested hierarchy found repeatedly in the fossil record and comparison of genomes?

Going to keep jumping to new forums presenting the same arguments debunked on other forums, hoping to find agreement with a more gullible audience? Why don't you just go to your nearest fundy church? I am sure they will lap it up uncritically. Be sure to take your picture of a crocoduck with you.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah! Have you seen the NOVA science channel trying their best to push their computerized examples of 'ape to human' bologna and by re-arranging and mismatching human and ape arm, leg and skull bones deceptively? Hilarious! Seems that they will try anything to make a monkey out of themselves so they won't have to acknowledge God's creation.
Between the Catholics, Muslims, Jews, and Evilushunists, boy, you certainly live in a world full of Satanic Enemies.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
You think evolution threatens our religious beliefs?
Quite obviously, it does. Otherwise, you would lay off the attempts to push religion into science classes.
imagine2011 wrote:
You are so wrong and funny. There is nothing you can do to stop God's Word from spreading, don't you know many have already tried .....and failed, miserably.
Uh-huh. And that's why church membership is rapidly increasing.

Oh, wait! It's not. They're losing members.

I guess you're wrong. But not funny.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to teach me anything.
I've been researching it for years.
Comic books don't count.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
Mike F, Here is another site
http://www.chick.com/information/religions/ca...
Research with an open mind and pair with scripture.
You call that research? Ok, now THAT was funny.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You should have seen this clown on TV it was on History channel this past weekend trying his best to refute (using science) the death of every first born in Eqypt when the angel of death came over. This bozo claimed it was due to the grain the people ate. Seems if that be the case (which he never could explain) only affected EVERY first born and no one else.He also tried to explain away the other plagues, yes natural occurances did bring some of them about BUT his argument did not explain away the miraculous use of nature to bring the events about
Sorry, bub. It never happened.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Chick Tracts!!! You are scraping the bottom of the barrel!
You sound surprised.

;-)

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing, the "insiders" or "higher ups" even acknowledge that they have different text and procedures than they "give" to the masses, the mere "members".
The Pope John Paul I, who reigned ONLY 33 days, in the 1978, admitted that satan was indwelling the Vatican.
This Pope is also to be rumored to have been killed over his candidness.
Pope John Paul I was the first pope to abandon the Papal Coronation, and he was the first Pope to choose a double name (John Paul) for his papal name. His successor, Cardinal Karol Wojty&#322;a, chose the same name.
John Paul I was found dead sitting up in his bed shortly before dawn on 29 September 1978,[20] just 33 days into his papacy. The Vatican reported that the 65-year-old pope most likely died the previous night of a heart attack. It has been claimed that the Vatican altered some of the details of the discovery of the death to avoid possible unseemliness[21][22] in that he was discovered by Sister Vincenza, a nun.[23] Inconsistent statements were made relating to who found the Pope's body, the time when he was found, and what papers were in his hand. These issues led to a number of conspiracy theories concerning his death. The Vatican has not investigated the claims.
I will find the links to this information for you also.
http://www.biblelight.net/satan.htm
The pope was removed in 1798 and in 1929 the Vatican was restored.
This is perceived as the time when the pope was in 1798 "wounded unto death but was raised from the mortal wound" in 1929, the following scripture in Revelation mirrors this exactly.
Also, Vatican City is sitting on the seven hills.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Revelation 13:3
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Revelation 13:14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
----------
Revelation 17:8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.
----------
Revelation 17:11 The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.
----------
Revelation 13:12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.
----------
Revelation 13:14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
----------
Stop! Stop! My ribs are hurting!

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint: The church is referred to as the 'woman' and the seven hills are 'Rome"
The Mystery Explained
7And the angel said to me, Why did you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and ten horns. 8The beast that you saw was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits.
Sorry but I've never been a fan of bullshit.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. It takes a lot of faith to believe in the evolution science fiction.
No faith. Evidence. Something your side sorely lacks.
imagine2011 wrote:
This is why I think that people who can't stand to be wrong, or can't admit they have been following a lie, a false teaching, who do not want to face their wrong doings, these people will viciously attack and call names, hurl insults, twist words and call everyone who opposes them a "liar".
Yes, the fundamentalists are like that. Sad, isn't it?

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you sound very nave and childish with the "nah nah nah boo boo" stuff....and it makes no logical sense.
Yet you believe your Revelation does make logical sense. You're a hoot.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah! Have you seen the NOVA science channel trying their best to push their computerized examples of 'ape to human' bologna and by re-arranging and mismatching human and ape arm, leg and skull bones deceptively? Hilarious! Seems that they will try anything to make a monkey out of themselves so they won't have to acknowledge God's creation.
You don't know a damn thing about "god's creation". You bury your nose in a moldy old book of dubious origin and ignore every bit of evidence left for us to discover.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>No, it takes evidence and there is a whole lot of it. It doesn't take much effort to do what you do however.
They don't grow em very smart down there in Horny Lake do they.
Hey they do have a water tower.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horn_Lake,_Missi...

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but I've never been a fan of bullshit.
bullshit or "Bullshit"? The Penn & Teller version is quite good

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know a damn thing about "god's creation". You bury your nose
in a moldy old book of dubious origin and ignore every bit of evidence
left for us to discover.
Observation number one: You never addressed his statements logically.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, suckingzones successful experiments lie is one he's been vomiting for years.Its part of his religious defense mechanisms.
Sorry, no. It is a scientific fact.

You folks need to get over the ridiculous notion that anyone who disagree with you is a member of some other religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

169 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
30,000 post wins (May '13) 3 min Truths 696
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 4 min Old Sam 17,270
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 4 min the wandering girl 6,203
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 5 min Old Sam 13,015
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Crunchy Bacon 14,859
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 7 min your language 15,593
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 7 min Old Sam 3,230
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min wichita-rick 141,210
Marine Biologist: 6th-Grader Stole My Idea 2 hr Instigator 1