Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#94004 Jun 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I have neither the time nor the inclination to teach you the basics of the RCC but you are incorrect on just about every count.
I'll research your references as I have time.
Hint: The church is referred to as the 'woman' and the seven hills are 'Rome"

The Mystery Explained
7And the angel said to me, Why did you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and ten horns. 8The beast that you saw was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#94005 Jun 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You should have seen this clown on TV it was on History channel this past weekend trying his best to refute (using science) the death of every first born in Eqypt when the angel of death came over. This bozo claimed it was due to the grain the people ate. Seems if that be the case (which he never could explain) only affected EVERY first born and no one else.He also tried to explain away the other plagues, yes natural occurances did bring some of them about BUT his argument did not explain away the miraculous use of nature to bring the events about
Yes, and opposition can never explain away Godly small, outnumbered military troops being triumphant over large, heavily armed ungodly troops. Many times, fog comes about mysterily or a large storm on the seas against the opposition with large, military ships being totally disabled.

This can't be explained away, but they sure try, don't they?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#94006 Jun 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it takes much more faith to believe such trumped up idea as evolution( which as you stated cannot stand up under any serious scrutiny) than it does believe in God's creation of everything.
Agreed. It takes a lot of faith to believe in the evolution science fiction. This is why I think that people who can't stand to be wrong, or can't admit they have been following a lie, a false teaching, who do not want to face their wrong doings, these people will viciously attack and call names, hurl insults, twist words and call everyone who opposes them a "liar".
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#94007 Jun 25, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>And yet you've learned nothing.
So, what, are you a RCC member?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#94008 Jun 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You're right , that would take the removal of your fingers out your ears, and eyelids off your eyes, as well as stop that nah nah nah nah sound you make.
Wow, you sound very nave and childish with the "nah nah nah boo boo" stuff....and it makes no logical sense.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#94009 Jun 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You should have seen this clown on TV it was on History channel this past weekend trying his best to refute (using science) the death of every first born in Eqypt when the angel of death came over. This bozo claimed it was due to the grain the people ate. Seems if that be the case (which he never could explain) only affected EVERY first born and no one else.He also tried to explain away the other plagues, yes natural occurances did bring some of them about BUT his argument did not explain away the miraculous use of nature to bring the events about
Oh yeah! Have you seen the NOVA science channel trying their best to push their computerized examples of 'ape to human' bologna and by re-arranging and mismatching human and ape arm, leg and skull bones deceptively? Hilarious! Seems that they will try anything to make a monkey out of themselves so they won't have to acknowledge God's creation.

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#94010 Jun 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
LOL!
You think evolution threatens our religious beliefs?
That depends on the type of religious person. Yes creationists and fundamentalists are completely threatened by evolution as it tears apart there erroneous beliefs. While your moderate theist isn't threatened at all, typically believing in theistic evolution, ie a god started everything going but used evolution for the diversity of life.

Essentially the moderate theist look at creationists and fundamentalists as the *crazy* and or *racist* uncle that they have to put up with around the holidays.
imagine2011 wrote:
You are so wrong and funny. There is nothing you can do to stop God's Word from spreading, don't you know many have already tried .....and failed, miserably.
Well no god has been proven to exist yet so you dont know if his actual "word is being spread" or not lol

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#94011 Jun 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that the truth.
No it isn't which is why you go on so dear.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#94012 Jun 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you sound very nave and childish with the "nah nah nah boo boo" stuff....and it makes no logical sense.
That's exactly why I said it's what you do.
Yet you waste your time posting bible mythology that makes no sense.
Preferring it's sillyness over scientific fact.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#94013 Jun 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. It takes a lot of faith to believe in the evolution science fiction. This is why I think that people who can't stand to be wrong, or can't admit they have been following a lie, a false teaching, who do not want to face their wrong doings, these people will viciously attack and call names, hurl insults, twist words and call everyone who opposes them a "liar".
No, it takes evidence and there is a whole lot of it. It doesn't take much effort to do what you do however.

They don't grow em very smart down there in Horny Lake do they.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94014 Jun 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... now THAT'S irony.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#94015 Jun 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it takes much more faith to believe such trumped up idea as evolution( which as you stated cannot stand up under any serious scrutiny) than it does believe in God's creation of everything.
it takes far more than faith to believe in your proven false god. it takes cult indoctrination and a purposeful denial of the truth.

St. Croix valley

#94016 Jun 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
You think evolution threatens our religious beliefs?
You are so wrong and funny. There is nothing you can do to stop God's Word from spreading, don't you know many have already tried .....and failed, miserably.
usually people just make up a new god like your cult did and people switch over to that and then indoctrinate their kids and the whole cult cycle starts over...

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#94017 Jun 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... now THAT'S irony.
As revealed in all its glory right here on Topix.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94018 Jun 25, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
What "many successful experiments?" Urey-Miller?..a collossal failure... You think that producing a few amino acids and sugars in a lab proves anything?
You are apprently grossly ignorant as to the complexity of life.
You can rant and spout off ad nauseum in the vain attempts to defend your evo-relgion. At the end of the day, you embrace a theory that is entirely unsupported by science.
Yeah, suckingzones successful experiments lie is one he's been vomiting for years.Its part of his religious defense mechanisms.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94019 Jun 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>As revealed in all its glory right here on Topix.
...and the hits just keep comin'. Chemistry lies, physics lies, geology lies, history lies, anthropology lies, genetics lies, biology lies, statistics lie, archaeology lies - and it's all a conspiracy by the atheists because they hate something they say doesn't exist - so they must be lying about that because they worship Satan. O_o

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Fountain Valley, CA

#94020 Jun 25, 2013
There is evidence of evolution within a species but hardly any of change from one species to another. If there is a design in nature, is it comscious of itself as we are?

http://youtu.be/iPfgeqqTwPc

St. Croix valley

#94021 Jun 25, 2013
actorvet wrote:
There is evidence of evolution within a species but hardly any of change from one species to another. If there is a design in nature, is it comscious of itself as we are?
http://youtu.be/iPfgeqqTwPc
you mean outside of the huge fossil record of such, right?

we even have the fossil record of hominids evolving through many species...

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#94022 Jun 26, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joke...
Evolution is crashing by the minute.
The collapse of Lamarckism...
The failed junk DNA debacle...
The failed fossil record...
The collapse of genetic determinism...
The proven impossibility to create genetic information through mutations...
The utter lack of even a proposed mechanisms of creating genetic information...let alone absence of any evidence.
The impossibility of abiogenesis...
You are clinging on to a sinking ship...
You'd best follow the rats and jump off.
I note you are merely repeating the same posts you sent 1 month ago, and 3 months ago, and ignoring the fact that most of it has been debunked already, repeatedly, with no successful response from you. Actually all of it.

So you either suffer from Alzheimers or you think lying for Jesus is acceptable.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#94023 Jun 26, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>The Miller-Urey experiment was an abject failure...why would it threaten anyone's religious beliefs. It proved absolutely nothing.
Going to insist Miller Urey was a failure because microbes didn't wander out of the mix?

Going to attempt to discredit Dubois again, in the vain hope that it will make 40+ H erectus specimens disappear? Going to make the laughable claim that Erectus was in the modern range but ignore Georgicus and Habilis again?

Going to attempt to discredit radiometric dating on the basis that Argon dating is useless for samples less than 100,000 years old, and insist that we should be able to measure the length of a microbe with a carpenter's tape?

Going to ignore the nested hierarchy found repeatedly in the fossil record and comparison of genomes?

Going to keep jumping to new forums presenting the same arguments debunked on other forums, hoping to find agreement with a more gullible audience? Why don't you just go to your nearest fundy church? I am sure they will lap it up uncritically. Be sure to take your picture of a crocoduck with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man given 15 years for having sex with a cow he... 2 min Shelia 17
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min TALLYHO 8541 40,299
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 12 min Doug77 5,325
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min wichita-rick 161,871
Some day, I would love to_______________? (Sep '12) 27 min honeymylove 425
News Cop Sues Starbucks After Burns From Spilling Fr... 28 min Baptistism by Proxy 2
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 28 min honeymylove 8,139
Things that make life eaiser... 40 min honeymylove 290
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 47 min Papa Smurfaletto 10,948
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 3 hr Mechanic 218
More from around the web