Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
HTS

Englewood, CO

#93966 Jun 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never given even any evidence that abiogenesis is impossible. That along with many successful experiments shows that once again you are clueless.
<quoted text>
Okay, that is definitely another "How's That for Stupid?" moment.
I lost count was that four or five completely idiotic, unsupported, proven wrong, statements in one post?
What "many successful experiments?" Urey-Miller?..a collossal failure... You think that producing a few amino acids and sugars in a lab proves anything?
You are apprently grossly ignorant as to the complexity of life.
You can rant and spout off ad nauseum in the vain attempts to defend your evo-relgion. At the end of the day, you embrace a theory that is entirely unsupported by science.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#93967 Jun 25, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Hi all. Missed me any?
Hey DF! Long time, no see!

Nah. Pretty much same old stuff.

HTS (as you can see) is still in unsupported assertion mode.

We **DO** have the return of another classic (whacked-out) poster on another thread.

Who?

I'll give you a hint:

"Girasas"

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#93969 Jun 25, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey DF! Long time, no see!
Nah. Pretty much same old stuff.
HTS (as you can see) is still in unsupported assertion mode.
We **DO** have the return of another classic (whacked-out) poster on another thread.
Who?
I'll give you a hint:
"Girasas"
Brenda??? Which thread?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#93970 Jun 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
...It seems that this site does not like to see the abbreviation for Frequently Asked Questions.
Really? What the faq is up with that?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93971 Jun 25, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Hi all. Missed me any?
Nice to see you again! Welcome back.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93972 Jun 25, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
What "many successful experiments?" Urey-Miller?..a collossal failure... You think that producing a few amino acids and sugars in a lab proves anything?
You are apprently grossly ignorant as to the complexity of life.
You can rant and spout off ad nauseum in the vain attempts to defend your evo-relgion. At the end of the day, you embrace a theory that is entirely unsupported by science.
Wrong again idiot and demonstrably so.

The Urey-Miller experiment was even more successful than they first thought. You are showing your complete lack of understanding of how science works.

What do you think the goal of the Urey-Miller experiment was?

Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that our inventors are not like you. With your first failure you would declare it to be impossible.

What a weak weak character you are.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#93973 Jun 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Brenda??? Which thread?
Thrinaxodon - a World First

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93974 Jun 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Brenda??? Which thread?
This thread:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TJL...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93975 Jun 25, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What the faq is up with that?
Strange.

It just happened to me again. Perhaps it is the plural that this site does not like.

This is only a test: "faq".

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#93976 Jun 25, 2013
ARGH!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93977 Jun 25, 2013
Yep, signed out and back in. I cannot see my post with "faq s" (squish those too together) but I can see my post with "faq" when I log out.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#93978 Jun 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again idiot and demonstrably so.
The Urey-Miller experiment was even more successful than they first thought. You are showing your complete lack of understanding of how science works.
What do you think the goal of the Urey-Miller experiment was?
Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that our inventors are not like you. With your first failure you would declare it to be impossible.
What a weak weak character you are.
The spontaneous appearance of simple sugars and amino acids in a controlled laboratory experiment does to prove that vastly more complex molecules could appear by chance.
A monkey can in fact randomly type keys...that does not prove he can type Shakespeare.
A few building blocks of life produced by random events doesn't prove that a skyscraper could be produced by random events.
Tell me what the Urey-Miller experiment proved...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93979 Jun 25, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
The spontaneous appearance of simple sugars and amino acids in a controlled laboratory experiment does to prove that vastly more complex molecules could appear by chance.
A monkey can in fact randomly type keys...that does not prove he can type Shakespeare.
A few building blocks of life produced by random events doesn't prove that a skyscraper could be produced by random events.
Why must you lie in every post?

You should know that you are lying since you have made the same errant claim thousands of times.

First off, the appearance of complex molecules are not by chance. The appearance of complex molecules occurs do to the laws of chemistry.

You even admitted that the Miller-Urey experiment was successful in this post and you still want me to tell you what the experiment proved.

What a moron.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#93980 Jun 25, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Among other things, it proved that some people will ignore the value of scientific research is it dares to threaten their religious beliefs.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93981 Jun 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
ARGH!
Sorry, perhaps it would have been better if you did not know.

Now we need a 3 person round robin discussion by Jimbo, Brenda, and the dark lord. So much insanity in one location could cause a meltdown of the server.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#93982 Jun 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Among other things, it proved that some people will ignore the value of scientific research is it dares to threaten their religious beliefs.
The Miller-Urey experiment was an abject failure...why would it threaten anyone's religious beliefs. It proved absolutely nothing.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#93983 Jun 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about? A pope was NEVER considered to be a god. Why don't you get you head out of your ass and actually learn something.
Have Popes Really Claimed to be God?

http://www.geoffhorton.com/PapalClaims.html

Quotations (more properly, alleged quotations for the most part, as we'll see later) showing that popes have claimed to be God or equal to God are a staple of anti-Catholic polemics. I recently ran across such a list, and the results of my investigations are below. I suspect the list as I got it is rather old, as its most recent entry dates only to the late 19th Century. The continuing growth of materials available on the Internet has made it possible to shed some light on the facts behind these “quotations”.

The List
1. Pope Innocent III (1198-1216) wrote:“We may according to the fullness of our power, dispose of the law and dispense above the law. Those whom the Pope of Rome doth separate, it is not a man that separates them but God. For the Pope holdeth place on earth, not simply of a man but of the true God.”(1 Book of Gregory 9 Decret. c. 3)
2. The Lateran Council addressing Pope Julius II in an oration delivered by Marcellus said:“Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth.”(Council Edition. Colm. Agrip. 1618)
3. Pope Nicholas said of himself:“I am in all and above all, so that God Himself and I, the vicar of God, hath both one consistory, and I am able to do almost all that God can do... wherefore, if those things that I do be said not to be done of man, but of God, what do you make of me but God? Again, if prelates of the Church be called of Constantine for gods, I then being above all prelates, seem by this reason to be above all gods. Wherefore, no marvel, if it be in my power to dispense with all things, yea with the precepts of Christ.”(Decret. par. Distinct 96 ch. 7 edit. Lugo 1661)
4. The RC New York catechism states:“The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth... by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians. He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth.”
5. The title “Lord God the Pope”- these words appeared in the Canon Law of Rome.“To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical.”(The Gloss extravagances of Pope John XXII Cum. Inter, tit XIV Ad Callem Sexti Decretalium, Paris, 1685)

Father A. Pereira acknowledged:“It is quite certain that Popes have never disapproved or rejected this title “Lord God the Pope” for the passage in the gloss referred to appears in the edition of the Canon Law published in Rome by Gregory XIII.”
6. Pope Nicholas I declared that “the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who being God, cannot be judged by man.”(Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can 7 Satis Evidentur Decret Gratian Primer Para)
7. Speaking [in] the name of the Pope (a rhetorical device) Cardinal Manning said:“I acknowledge no civil superior, I am the subject of no prince, and I claim more than this, I claim to be the supreme judge on earth and director of the consciences of men, I am the last supreme judge of what is right and wrong.”(Sermon in the Pro Cathedral, Kensington, Tablet Oct 9, 1864)
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#93984 Jun 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Because god appoint you the judge of who is a Christian and who isn't. STFU.
His Word told me to test peoples works (fruits) to be able to tell WHO they worship.

There are only two choices: God or satan
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#93985 Jun 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No? So who's going to pay for those big ass churches?
http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/med...
The true Church is the sum of its members...it is not a building.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#93986 Jun 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
His Word told me to test peoples works (fruits) to be able to tell WHO they worship.
There are only two choices: God or satan
If you believe in such nonsense, I suppose so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 min Old Sam 26,670
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 4 min Old Sam 3,961
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min -Lea- 25,483
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 7 min Old Sam 2,925
New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 11 min Crazy Jae 425
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 15 min Old Sam 4,220
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Crazy Beautiful 152,347
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr -Lea- 70
Is it possible to....... 1 hr Life after Love 513
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr dragoon70056 37,715
More from around the web