Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 186781 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#93924 Jun 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolling is in water, flaming is in fire, yet internet trolls and internet flamers are practically the same thing. Go figure.
hadn't heard the term flamers before (internet-wise, that is)so i wiki'd it.

seems the entire Topix forum is flame trolling....

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93925 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hadn't heard the term flamers before (internet-wise, that is)so i wiki'd it.
Flaming is something Topix staff does not seem to care about. Some forums will remove such posts, others have a special location for them. It's all really subjective anyway.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#93926 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i read that their navigators read the wave patterns and could tell there was a small island many, many miles away (like a day or two on sailing/rowing away)from what they saw in the waves.
Yes, I don't think anyone else could ever read waves like they learned to.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#93927 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>seems like you are doing the trolling you said you abhor...
why?
Yeah, its getting that way. However, my intention was not to use a misquote as an excuse to trash KK. It was to point out that sometimes a mistake can be made and its better to admit it and move on than get into a pointless battle trying to defend an error against someone who is merely taking delight in aggravating you.

Enough said.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Will Prevail

#93929 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hadn't heard the term flamers before (internet-wise, that is)so i wiki'd it.
Over 50% anyway, it makes having a serious communication
stressing. But we are all guilty sometimes, it's the ones guilty 100% of the time that make it seem as if the debate on whether we evolved from apes comical. Acting like a intelligent baboon is not eacting like a intelligent human...lol

“No such thing as ABIODARWINISM”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

No ABIODARWINISTS either!

#93930 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
It is an old term I first encountered on Usenet. Some days, I would say that is spot on.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#93931 Jun 24, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, its getting that way. However, my intention was not to use a misquote as an excuse to trash KK. It was to point out that sometimes a mistake can be made and its better to admit it and move on than get into a pointless battle trying to defend an error against someone who is merely taking delight in aggravating you.
Enough said.
At least you have a modicum of honesty, however, you should really check what's all going on before jumping into something. Replay's modus operandi is to accuse people of doing exactly what he does, and he is an admitted troll with no interest in honest discussion. He is also my pet troll, one I rather enjoy egging on so as to get some good laughs at his expense.

Minnesota's North Coast

#93932 Jun 24, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough said.
what if there was no mistake made?

Minnesota's North Coast

#93933 Jun 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Over 50% anyway, it makes having a serious communication
stressing. But we are all guilty sometimes, it's the ones guilty 100% of the time that make it seem as if the debate on whether we evolved from apes comical. Acting like a intelligent baboon is not eacting like a intelligent human...lol
i meant the entire concept of topix.

seems to fit wiki's definition of flame trolling...

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Will Prevail

#93934 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i meant the entire concept of topix.
seems to fit wiki's definition of flame trolling...

Well maybe so, but that tells us what the senate, congress , and both political parties are successfully doing then.
Maybe humans can't do any better than that?

Minnesota's North Coast

#93935 Jun 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe so, but that tells us what the senate, congress , and both political parties are successfully doing then.
not sure i follow...?
Mark

United States

#93936 Jun 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have difficulty understanding that the rotor evolved.
What parts are you having problems with?
I gave you two links that showed how it evolved, you gave lip service for one and seem to have avoided the other.
The links you provided were imaginary man-made cartoons. I gave you 2 experiments, not cartoons. I suppose you performed neither because the outcome was obvious to any logical person, and proves evolution wrong and ID correct.

The motor never evolved, you have no intermediates nor a mechanism, only your faith. Ion charging the correct pole at the precise moment to get movement both fwd and reverse disproves mindless evolution and proves intelligent design. To make matters worse, the paper says no one can explain how it works but then tell the faithful it made itself in the same paragraph!

None of the class notes I listed had any experiments relating to evolution of the motor, not even close. Your and their answer for everything is always the mist's of time, lots of it. Then I showed that (according to the ref.) axial flagella existed in the earliest bacteria with no time to evolve, and you willfully ignored it.

Maybe Dawkins has the answer for you - mutations did it;

Minnesota's North Coast

#93937 Jun 24, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The links you provided were imaginary man-made cartoons. I gave you 2 experiments, not cartoons. I suppose you performed neither because the outcome was obvious to any logical person, and proves evolution wrong and ID correct.
The motor never evolved, you have no intermediates nor a mechanism, only your faith. Ion charging the correct pole at the precise moment to get movement both fwd and reverse disproves mindless evolution and proves intelligent design. To make matters worse, the paper says no one can explain how it works but then tell the faithful it made itself in the same paragraph!
None of the class notes I listed had any experiments relating to evolution of the motor, not even close. Your and their answer for everything is always the mist's of time, lots of it. Then I showed that (according to the ref.) axial flagella existed in the earliest bacteria with no time to evolve, and you willfully ignored it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zaKryi3605gXX
i sure thought SBT or whatever sounded like you, mark...

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Will Prevail

#93938 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not sure i follow...?
The description fits the entire scope of humanity.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#93939 Jun 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
This I cannot disagree. Politics is nothing more than a game of trolls flaming each other for PR.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93940 Jun 24, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zaKryi3605gXX
No, one link was to a cartoon. That does not matter. The science was correct in that cartoon. The other link I gave was the paper that the cartoon was based upon.

And you obviously did not watch even the cartoon. What a moron you are! The cartoon shows many of the intermediate steps. If you watch it you can see how it went from a simple port where material entered and existed the cell, to a gated port that only allowed material out, to a port that attached to other material. The attachment getting longer. The attachment with limited motion and finally a rotating shaft. All of the important steps are there.

The paper explains in much greater detail, but since you could not follow the very simplified cartoon, I seriously doubt if you could follow the paper.

Minnesota's North Coast

#93941 Jun 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The description fits the entire scope of humanity.
not the humans I know...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93943 Jun 24, 2013
Oh crap. The stupid censor bot may have made it so only I can see the post I made where I included a link to the paper that explained. It has the acronym for Frequently Asked Questions in it and the bot seems to think that is a modified aspersion at gay people. Excessive political correctness strikes again.

Can anyone see my last post? It sis just after woodtick's post #93941.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93944 Jun 24, 2013
Here is the video that I linked earlier:

&fe ature=c4-overview-vl&list= PLF626DD5B2C1F0A87

In the about section of the video you will find a link to the paper that the video was based upon.

It seems that this site does not like to see the abbreviation for Frequently Asked Questions.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#93945 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not sure i follow...?
I'm sure you don't get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Bizarre' triangle unravels in fight, arrest 15 min Emerald 2
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: (Apr '15) 23 min Parden Pard 5,739
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 27 min I know this 4 sure 1,829
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 28 min Parden Pard 4,451
News Mom passes for teen in viral Twitter photo: Can... 32 min Parden Pard 2
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 34 min Princess Hey 11,788
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 36 min beatlesinthebog 43,039
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Dirty socks 181,176
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr F_R_E_D 54,068
More from around the web