Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#93876 Jun 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mothra care to comment on why you let Godzilla whip your pathetic buttt? I mean c'mon you could fly and expel power rays from your wings, so you had the advantage. LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93877 Jun 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
My links say what I say they say. So I guess you just pick and choose the ones you want. Click on them and read the I definition. That also makes you a cherry picker.
The purpose of multiple definitions of all words, and yes, most words in the English language do have multiple definitions, is to accommodate versatility in the language. "Cherry picking" is not even remotely close to choosing the definition of a word to use, depending on the context. You picked the first definition in a dishonest attempt to discredit another person in a manner that is not only inconsequential, it is reinforced by this very act. Thank you for proving that I was accurate in my assessment of your lacking intellect.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93878 Jun 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW you are even dumber than I thought. that link you posted goes to "The word of the day which happens to be "gallivant". You can't even post a link right. LMFAO
Thank you for yet more evidence you are an imbecilic fool. The link I posted was the source, not a specific page, but merely the url of the website in question.

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#93879 Jun 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for yet more evidence you are an imbecilic fool. The link I posted was the source, not a specific page, but merely the url of the website in question.
You are a great specimen of a fool. Here are the links I posted.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/imbecilic

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fool

Go chase a mouse and do something useful. LMFAO

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#93881 Jun 24, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so literally challenged, it boggles the mind of even the greatest artists who ponder how it is you have managed to survive this long in the world. Using two words of similar or identical meanings like that is a method of showing emphasis on the meanings, which, of course, also ignores the fact that words have multiple meanings and thus it would be logical that one word would be used as supportive for the meaning of another. Such as was the case in this particular instance as the meanings intended were, as follows:
Imbecilic
2. A person whose mental acumen is well below par.
Fool
1. One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.
From http://www.thefreedictionary.com ... the second source you posted. An addendum, by utilizing multiple sources in your dishonest attempt to project your foolishness you have betrayed your total and complete lack of linguistic abilities. Congratulations, you are a failure as a troll.
Good grief KK.

Replaytime called you out on your obviously incorrect rendering of the phrase "All that glitters is not gold".

Instead of simply saying "yeah, whoops", no big deal, you waste the next ten posts attacking the person who pointed out your error.

And yes, it WAS an error on your part.

Show some good grace and move on, for God's sake!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93882 Jun 24, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief KK.
Replaytime called you out on your obviously incorrect rendering of the phrase "All that glitters is not gold".
Instead of simply saying "yeah, whoops", no big deal, you waste the next ten posts attacking the person who pointed out your error.
And yes, it WAS an error on your part.
Show some good grace and move on, for God's sake!
are you sure she was even attempting to repeat the phrase as it is usually used? many smart people often twist a phrase with new wording such as that.

some people can only repeat phrases they hear, others can improvise and improve upon them...

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#93883 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you sure she was even attempting to repeat the phrase as it is usually used? many smart people often twist a phrase with new wording such as that.
some people can only repeat phrases they hear, others can improvise and improve upon them...
No, its pretty clear from the post that she simply misquoted, as her

"Not all things of value are glitter and gold. Nothing is ever free, there is always a cost that must be paid."

...does not add any useful twist to the original meaning of the phrase.

The point is this: people like replaytime are just waiting for something like that to pounce on. They love nothing more than an extended fight over trivia descending into a stupid slanging match. Witness replaytime dragging Subduction Zone over every thread in this forum with an idiotic game that SZ fell for...

...we have all been there with the likes of trolls such as Jimbo aka carpet whisperer etc. but I have learned better now.

Better just to accept the trivial point and move on, taking the wind out of the Troll's sails. She got the quote wrong? Big Deal - this ain't the Oxford Finals.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93884 Jun 24, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, its pretty clear from the post that she simply misquoted, as her
"Not all things of value are glitter and gold. Nothing is ever free, there is always a cost that must be paid."
...does not add any useful twist to the original meaning of the phrase.
The point is this: people like replaytime are just waiting for something like that to pounce on. They love nothing more than an extended fight over trivia descending into a stupid slanging match. Witness replaytime dragging Subduction Zone over every thread in this forum with an idiotic game that SZ fell for...
...we have all been there with the likes of trolls such as Jimbo aka carpet whisperer etc. but I have learned better now.
Better just to accept the trivial point and move on, taking the wind out of the Troll's sails. She got the quote wrong? Big Deal - this ain't the Oxford Finals.
in fact it does add a useful, and unique twist to it.

yes I am familiar with those trolls, last night it took several pages for wedgehead to say that circles can be spheres, then say circles can only be two dimensional, then he said discs can only be flat, then he said discs can be the seemingly flat spheres...

you have to admit, it is fun to watch the trolls self destruct...

regardless, i found KK's phrasing unique and i shall from now on use it in place of the old, worn out phrase. change is good, especially when it is for the better.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#93885 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact it does add a useful, and unique twist to it.
yes I am familiar with those trolls, last night it took several pages for wedgehead to say that circles can be spheres, then say circles can only be two dimensional, then he said discs can only be flat, then he said discs can be the seemingly flat spheres...
you have to admit, it is fun to watch the trolls self destruct...
regardless, i found KK's phrasing unique and i shall from now on use it in place of the old, worn out phrase. change is good, especially when it is for the better.
Actually, I think her mis-phrasing destroys the meaning of the statement completely, and it is equally clear that its the original meaning that she was trying to convey. "Just because all those biblical quotes glitter and sound grand and make wonderful promises, does not mean they are really golden".

But whatever. The point is not to fall for trollery!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93886 Jun 24, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I think her mis-phrasing destroys the meaning of the statement completely, and it is equally clear that its the original meaning that she was trying to convey. "Just because all those biblical quotes glitter and sound grand and make wonderful promises, does not mean they are really golden".
But whatever. The point is not to fall for trollery!
so people should never use an old phrase in a new and innovative way?

Booooooring...

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#93887 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so people should never use an old phrase in a new and innovative way?
Booooooring...
I say she messed it up. You say it was deliberate and daring. Whatever. She allowed herself to be drawn into a very dumb argument with a troll over the point.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93888 Jun 24, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief KK.
Replaytime called you out on your obviously incorrect rendering of the phrase "All that glitters is not gold".
Instead of simply saying "yeah, whoops", no big deal, you waste the next ten posts attacking the person who pointed out your error.
And yes, it WAS an error on your part.
Show some good grace and move on, for God's sake!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_that_glitter... You missed a lot, not surprising.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93889 Jun 24, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I think her mis-phrasing destroys the meaning of the statement completely, and it is equally clear that its the original meaning that she was trying to convey. "Just because all those biblical quotes glitter and sound grand and make wonderful promises, does not mean they are really golden".
But whatever. The point is not to fall for trollery!
That was not what I stated either, sheesh, does everyone lack reading comprehension tonight?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93890 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact it does add a useful, and unique twist to it.
yes I am familiar with those trolls, last night it took several pages for wedgehead to say that circles can be spheres, then say circles can only be two dimensional, then he said discs can only be flat, then he said discs can be the seemingly flat spheres...
you have to admit, it is fun to watch the trolls self destruct...
regardless, i found KK's phrasing unique and i shall from now on use it in place of the old, worn out phrase. change is good, especially when it is for the better.
Thank you, I actually heard the phrase used in Pirates of the Caribbean, originally, and have often used it to remind people that money is not the only thing of value in life. It was fitting to the assertion that preachers work for free, as people also forget that religion is actually primitive democracy, even the modern ones are only remnants of the old government parties. Political weight is more valuable than money in the US, and many other countries.

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#93891 Jun 24, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_that_glitter... You missed a lot, not surprising.
Kitty again where in your link which is a link to "All that glitters is not gold" does it say what you said which was "Not all things of value are glitter and gold."

You lose. Just admit you miss quoted and go on. LMMFAO

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93892 Jun 24, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_that_glitter... You missed a lot, not surprising.
nice link. i guess the turn of a phrase is lost on many people...

one of my favorites was a comedian that said "relationships are all about communication, for example, my girlfriend and I... I say 'tomaaahto', and she says 'shut the fuck up'...

since then, someone has turned that turn of a phrase into a book called "you say tomato, i say shut up" or something like that.

creativity is the heart of humanity.(hey, did i just turn a phrase there?)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93893 Jun 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitty again where in your link which is a link to "All that glitters is not gold" does it say what you said which was "Not all things of value are glitter and gold."
You lose. Just admit you miss quoted and go on. LMMFAO
just admit your puny brain cannot comprehend creativity...

what a sad and lonely life your synapses must lead...

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#93894 Jun 24, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I actually heard the phrase used in Pirates of the Caribbean, originally, and have often used it to remind people that money is not the only thing of value in life. It was fitting to the assertion that preachers work for free, as people also forget that religion is actually primitive democracy, even the modern ones are only remnants of the old government parties. Political weight is more valuable than money in the US, and many other countries.
And that is a point blank lie. It does not say "Not all things of value are glitter and gold." in the any of the Pirates of the Caribbean. They are my kids' favorite movies and I have watched them nearly 100 times. The closest it even got is "Not all treasure is silver and gold mate" - Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean.

You just lie and keep lying.

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#93895 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just admit your puny brain cannot comprehend creativity...
what a sad and lonely life your synapses must lead...
Why don't you quit sucking her assss. She doesn't like you any way. She just sealed her fate on the lie with this comment. "Thank you, I actually heard the phrase used in Pirates of the Caribbean"

The closest it even got is "Not all treasure is silver and gold mate" - Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean.

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#93896 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just admit your puny brain cannot comprehend creativity...
what a sad and lonely life your synapses must lead...
It is people like you and Kitty that hurt the evolution fight because when you are caught in a lie you just keep lying and then no one has any reason to believe what you say. You are just like an over religious nut that just won't stop going on and on. LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 2 min Will Dockery 24,120
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 7 min Doug77 2,963
Cosmic Christmas poetry 10 min Will Dockery 1
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 17 min Santa 25,747
Old TV shows what's your favorite? 23 min Crazy Beautiful 14
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 31 min Crazy Beautiful 152,542
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 34 min Simply_Red 13,588
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 43 min Jennifer Renee 7,613
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 4 hr X Crypsis X 336
Strange new fish discovered at record-breaking ... 8 hr Concerned_Citizen 3
More from around the web