Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
88,781 - 88,800 of 114,486 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

imagine, you can't just make all of these false claims without somebody calling bullshit on you.

Where does it prophesize that the Catholic Church would try to replace Jesus with Mary. I don't think they have. They do offer her special reverence since she was supposed to be Jesus' mother. But they did not make her a god.

Are you listening to those idiots from the SDA again?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes BC means before Christ.
AD is Latin for the year of our Lord.
As for 1day = 1000 years that is not for Geneses.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Psalm 90:4 A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know the reason we have 7 days in a week is because God created everything in 7 days (prophetic days means 1 day = 1000 years)
We also calculate our time in years (BC and AD) from before the Messiah came to earth and after He was born.

Nope the mythology states 6 days.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, seriously they don't. Please, when you make a claim like "99.9% of protestant church ministers work for FREE" you have to substantiate it with some sort of link or we will point out that you are breaking the Ninth Commandment.
Did the apostles get paid to teach the next generation of teachers?

NO, the did not.

The same is today, the majority of Bible teachers are, in fact, just members, who teach for free.

The Great Commission
Matthew 28
18And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. 19Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatever I have commanded you: and, see, I am with you always, even to the end of the world. Amen.

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
----------
Acts 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
----------
Acts 8:16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
----------
Acts 14:21 They preached the gospel in that city and won a large number of disciples. Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch,
----------
Romans 6:3 Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
----------
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
imagine, you can't just make all of these false claims without somebody calling bullshit on you.
Where does it prophesize that the Catholic Church would try to replace Jesus with Mary. I don't think they have. They do offer her special reverence since she was supposed to be Jesus' mother. But they did not make her a god.
http://babylonmysteryreligion.com/The%20Wine%...

RCC says they forgive sins (WRONG) by telling people to say "HAIL MARY" many times over (blasphemy)

Didn't Hitler have the masses say "Hail Hitler" to him also?

hmmm.....

don't the RCC pray to man-made statues that they, themselves have named as 'saint' this or that?(idol worship)
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
http://www.chick.com/information/religions/ca...

A woman rides the beast, and that woman is a city built on seven hills that reigns over the kings of the earth! Was ever in all of history such a statement made? John immediately equates the readers' acceptance of this revelation with "wisdom." We dare not pass over such a disclosure casually. It merits our careful and prayerful attention.

Here is no mystical or allegorical language but an unambiguous statement in plain words: "The woman ... is that great city." There is no justification for seeking some other hidden meaning. Yet books have been written and sermons preached insisting that "Mystery Babylon" is the United States. That is clearly not the case, for the United States is a country, not a city. One might justifiably refer to the United States as Sodom, considering the honor now given to homosexuals, but it is definitely not the Babylon that John sees in this vision. The woman is a city.

Furthermore, she is a city built on seven hills. That specification eliminates ancient Babylon. Only one city has for more than 2000 years been known as the city on seven hills. That city is Rome. The Catholic Encyclopedia states: "It is within the city of Rome, called the city of seven hills, that the entire area of Vatican State proper is now confined."1

There are, of course, other cities, such as Rio de Janeiro, that were also built on seven hills. Therefore, John provides at least seven more characteristics to limit the identification to Rome alone. We will examine each one in detail in subsequent chapters. However, as a preview of where we are going, we will list them now and discuss each one briefly. As we shall see, there is only one city on the earth which, in both historical and contemporary perspectives, passes every test John gives, including its identification as Mystery Babylon. That city is Rome, and more specifically, Vatican City.

Even Catholic apologist Karl Keating admits that Rome has long been known as Babylon. Keating claims that Peter's statement "The church here in Babylon ... sends you her greeting" (from I Peter 5:13) proves that Peter was writing from Rome. He explains further:

"Babylon is a code word for Rome. It is used that way six times in the last book of the Bible [four of the six are in chapters 17 and 18 and in extrabiblical works such as Sibylling Oracles (5, 159f.), the Apocalypse of Baruch (ii, 1), and 4 Esdras (3:1).
Eusebius Pamphilius, writing about 303, noted that "it is said that Peter's first epistle... was composed at Rome itself; and that he himself indicates this, referring to the city figuratively as Babylon."2

As for "Mystery," that name imprinted on the woman's forehead is the perfect designation for Vatican City. Mystery is at the very heart of Roman Catholicism, from the words "Mysterium fide" pronounced at the alleged transformation of the bread and wine into the literal body and blood of Christ to the enigmatic apparitions of Mary around the world. Every sacrament, from baptism to extreme unction, manifests the mysterious power which the faithful must believe the priests wield, but for which there is no visible evidence. Rome's new Catechism explains that liturgy "aims to initiate souls into the mystery of Christ (It is 'mystagogy.')" and that all of the Church's liturgy is "mystery."3
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of 'spiritual warfare"?
or that satan is the 'prince of this world', who is cunning, scheming and smart enough to deceive this world?
Satan began his work against God's Word from the very beginning. He deceived the people who named the days of the week into worshipping false god's, planets, stars, the sun, the moon and statues.
There are still many people who worship these false god's (secretly) but they only do it to receive powers from the evil one. These powers will not satisfy and will end someday, and they will regret ever following satan.
Oh yeah, that reminds me, RCC worships statues of 'men'(saints they named) and 'women'(mary). They have also tried to replace Jesus (God in the flesh) with Mary (a mere human)....
this is also spelled out and prophesied in the Bible that will happen..and
today it's happening right before your eyes and you still can't seem to grasp it.
Satan has deceived the whole world, through his false messiah, Jesus. They believe his lie in the garden of Eden, "You can sin against God and not keep his commandments, and you won't die". Ezekiel 13:22 "...and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life". Christians believe the wicked go to heaven as long as they believe in Jesus. Their god is "kind to the unthankful and to the evil"
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope the mythology states 6 days.
Each "day" of creation was 6000 years. Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth..." Right now, it is approximately the year 6018, the end of the seventh day. The Messiah will shortly come and we will start a new "week".

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Saint Nicholas was a god? i thought he was just a saint...

Evidently he is a super hero who can shimmy down a zillion chimney's with presents in one night, even if you don't have one.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Each "day" of creation was 6000 years. Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth..." Right now, it is approximately the year 6018, the end of the seventh day. The Messiah will shortly come and we will start a new "week".
6000 years +- 13.7 billion years hahahah

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would open you scaled filled eyes, and look around you, compare what the Holy Bible says about earth and heaven, you MIGHT see that the Bible is true and that man is nothing but a purposely created being.
You guys want to deny God but can't explain how everything came to be.....
Oh well, the Bible does say there will be many unbelievers like you guys that will have hard heads and hard hearts and will only come around at the end, when it's too late.
I don't see that humans are purpose built to be robotic sycophants to an undetectable man-like paranoid manic depressive supernatural being. It has nothing to do with my "scaled filled eyes" and everything to do with your self-inflicted brain rot.

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

Rome, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Zager and Evans are displeased with your altering of their calendar....
:)

Ever since we crawled out of the ocean and stood upright on land
There are some things that we just don't understand:
Relieve all pain and suffering and lift us out of the dark
Turn us all into Methuselah-
But where are we gonna park?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, the did not.
The same is today, the majority of Bible teachers are, in fact, just members, who teach for free.
The Great Commission
Matthew 28
18And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. 19Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatever I have commanded you: and, see, I am with you always, even to the end of the world. Amen.
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
----------
Acts 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
----------
Acts 8:16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
----------
Acts 14:21 They preached the gospel in that city and won a large number of disciples. Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch,
----------
Romans 6:3 Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
----------
Bible quotations are not evidence.

So, evidence or I am calling bullshit.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

There is a huge problem with using Revelations as a source of prophesy. It breaks one of the major rules against something being a proper prophesy, it is not clear.

Did Nostradamus make proper prophesies? Of course not, his prophesies were to vague, they had multiple possible outcomes. The same applies to Revelations.

When verses have multiple interpretations not only do you have to justify your own interpretations, you have to show that your interpretation is better than others.

To me that looks very weak since it says a "woman rides the beast". Mary is not the head of the Catholic Church in any way. Nor do I assume that even Adventists believe she went to hell so how could she be the evil woman leading the attack on Christians? You are really stretching when you make that claim.

By the way, the righter of Revelations was very aware of Rome and thought of the Romans as their enemy, not some future religion.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
There is a huge problem with using Revelations as a source of prophesy. It breaks one of the major rules against something being a proper prophesy, it is not clear.
Did Nostradamus make proper prophesies? Of course not, his prophesies were to vague, they had multiple possible outcomes. The same applies to Revelations.
When verses have multiple interpretations not only do you have to justify your own interpretations, you have to show that your interpretation is better than others.
To me that looks very weak since it says a "woman rides the beast". Mary is not the head of the Catholic Church in any way. Nor do I assume that even Adventists believe she went to hell so how could she be the evil woman leading the attack on Christians? You are really stretching when you make that claim.
By the way, the righter of Revelations was very aware of Rome and thought of the Romans as their enemy, not some future religion.
Xinvidor seemed to have a complete grasp on what revelations was actually saying.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Xinvidor seemed to have a complete grasp on what revelations was actually saying.
It seems to me that you would have to have a high tolerance for insanity to read all of Revelations and even begin to understand it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the problem is that scientist need the funding for TOE for their income...so....the TOE LIE must continue.
Why? Where is the evidence of your assertion?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, the did not.
The Great Commission
Matthew 28
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Not all things of value are glitter and gold. Nothing is ever free, there is always a cost that must be paid.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all things of value are glitter and gold. Nothing is ever free, there is always a cost that must be paid.
Kitty you can't even get a simple phrase right. Now it goes;

"All that glitters is not gold"

or

"All that is gold does not glitter"

But to say as you said "Not all things of value are glitter and gold." That is just a big mess up or made up BS from you. LMFAO

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitty you can't even get a simple phrase right. Now it goes;
"All that glitters is not gold"
or
"All that is gold does not glitter"
But to say as you said "Not all things of value are glitter and gold." That is just a big mess up or made up BS from you. LMFAO
You are losing your trollness, for at this moment you have posted a nonsensical word cluster of meaningless drivel. You should consider that your life is meaningless, worthless, useless in the eyes of society you have no value to offer. If you are incapable of at least entertaining us with your trollness, you should consider getting a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••