Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
88,781 - 88,800 of 114,742 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

Rome, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Zager and Evans are displeased with your altering of their calendar....
:)

Ever since we crawled out of the ocean and stood upright on land
There are some things that we just don't understand:
Relieve all pain and suffering and lift us out of the dark
Turn us all into Methuselah-
But where are we gonna park?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the apostles get paid to teach the next generation of teachers?
NO, the did not.
The same is today, the majority of Bible teachers are, in fact, just members, who teach for free.
The Great Commission
Matthew 28
18And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. 19Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatever I have commanded you: and, see, I am with you always, even to the end of the world. Amen.
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
----------
Acts 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
----------
Acts 8:16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
----------
Acts 14:21 They preached the gospel in that city and won a large number of disciples. Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch,
----------
Romans 6:3 Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
----------
Bible quotations are not evidence.

So, evidence or I am calling bullshit.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

There is a huge problem with using Revelations as a source of prophesy. It breaks one of the major rules against something being a proper prophesy, it is not clear.

Did Nostradamus make proper prophesies? Of course not, his prophesies were to vague, they had multiple possible outcomes. The same applies to Revelations.

When verses have multiple interpretations not only do you have to justify your own interpretations, you have to show that your interpretation is better than others.

To me that looks very weak since it says a "woman rides the beast". Mary is not the head of the Catholic Church in any way. Nor do I assume that even Adventists believe she went to hell so how could she be the evil woman leading the attack on Christians? You are really stretching when you make that claim.

By the way, the righter of Revelations was very aware of Rome and thought of the Romans as their enemy, not some future religion.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
There is a huge problem with using Revelations as a source of prophesy. It breaks one of the major rules against something being a proper prophesy, it is not clear.
Did Nostradamus make proper prophesies? Of course not, his prophesies were to vague, they had multiple possible outcomes. The same applies to Revelations.
When verses have multiple interpretations not only do you have to justify your own interpretations, you have to show that your interpretation is better than others.
To me that looks very weak since it says a "woman rides the beast". Mary is not the head of the Catholic Church in any way. Nor do I assume that even Adventists believe she went to hell so how could she be the evil woman leading the attack on Christians? You are really stretching when you make that claim.
By the way, the righter of Revelations was very aware of Rome and thought of the Romans as their enemy, not some future religion.
Xinvidor seemed to have a complete grasp on what revelations was actually saying.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Xinvidor seemed to have a complete grasp on what revelations was actually saying.
It seems to me that you would have to have a high tolerance for insanity to read all of Revelations and even begin to understand it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the problem is that scientist need the funding for TOE for their income...so....the TOE LIE must continue.
Why? Where is the evidence of your assertion?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the apostles get paid to teach the next generation of teachers?
NO, the did not.
The same is today, the majority of Bible teachers are, in fact, just members, who teach for free.
The Great Commission
Matthew 28
18And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. 19Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatever I have commanded you: and, see, I am with you always, even to the end of the world. Amen.
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
----------
Acts 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
----------
Acts 8:16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
----------
Acts 14:21 They preached the gospel in that city and won a large number of disciples. Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch,
----------
Romans 6:3 Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
----------
Not all things of value are glitter and gold. Nothing is ever free, there is always a cost that must be paid.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all things of value are glitter and gold. Nothing is ever free, there is always a cost that must be paid.
Kitty you can't even get a simple phrase right. Now it goes;

"All that glitters is not gold"

or

"All that is gold does not glitter"

But to say as you said "Not all things of value are glitter and gold." That is just a big mess up or made up BS from you. LMFAO

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitty you can't even get a simple phrase right. Now it goes;
"All that glitters is not gold"
or
"All that is gold does not glitter"
But to say as you said "Not all things of value are glitter and gold." That is just a big mess up or made up BS from you. LMFAO
You are losing your trollness, for at this moment you have posted a nonsensical word cluster of meaningless drivel. You should consider that your life is meaningless, worthless, useless in the eyes of society you have no value to offer. If you are incapable of at least entertaining us with your trollness, you should consider getting a job.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are losing your trollness, for at this moment you have posted a nonsensical word cluster of meaningless drivel. You should consider that your life is meaningless, worthless, useless in the eyes of society you have no value to offer. If you are incapable of at least entertaining us with your trollness, you should consider getting a job.
Again just projection from you because you are ignorant and don't even know a simple phrase saying that has been around for many many years. You are a joke. It has been proven time and time again. Go chase a mouse and be useful. LMFAO
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again just projection from you because you are ignorant and don't even know a simple phrase saying that has been around for many many years. You are a joke. It has been proven time and time again. Go chase a mouse and be useful. LMFAO
Your lack of culture is deafening. The phrase I used was from a popular cinematic creation, perhaps you should study more, for to be a successful human, you will need more than one source, for one to be a literate person. You have wasted your entire purpose, your entire meaning, your entire life studying from one book, one source, and a source that is of no consequence beyond fueling the delusions and controlling the masses, sending them as sheep to the slaughter. Are you the sheep. or the shepherd, are you mindless food, or the slayer of innocence.
Darwin

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

I came from Adam and Eve, all you subpar evil people come from tree hugging monkeys. And i am so mmuch better than you. Any Christian know s this to be true.race makes no differents god determined this long age you people are still swinging in trees because you are nothing more than animals, no better than a beast. Sorry to inform you but you can't go where im going because your nothi but an ape.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Darwin wrote:
I came from Adam and Eve, all you subpar evil people come from tree hugging monkeys. And i am so mmuch better than you. Any Christian know s this to be true.race makes no differents god determined this long age you people are still swinging in trees because you are nothing more than animals, no better than a beast. Sorry to inform you but you can't go where im going because your nothi but an ape.
John, your dishonesty is very well known to the entire population of Topix.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lack of culture is deafening. The phrase I used was from a popular cinematic creation, perhaps you should study more, for to be a successful human, you will need more than one source, for one to be a literate person. You have wasted your entire purpose, your entire meaning, your entire life studying from one book, one source, and a source that is of no consequence beyond fueling the delusions and controlling the masses, sending them as sheep to the slaughter. Are you the sheep. or the shepherd, are you mindless food, or the slayer of innocence.
Post the link to it.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There are even a Wikipedia links to both the ones I stated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_that_glitter...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_that_is_gold...

You just ignorant troll who learned meanings of a few words to look like you are smart. LMAO

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Again all projection. We are talking about "All that glitters is not gold" and "All that is gold does not glitter" two phrases that have nothing to do with the bible but you turn it into something about the bible. You are a big joke. LMAO

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Post the link to it.

Learn to utilize the tools offered you on the same mechanical device you utilize to present your complete and total lack of culture. Considering you could have instead called me on not mentioning the 12th century, or earlier, origin of the phrase, you troglodytes are all of very similar educational levels, lacking in culture and education so much as to make one question if we, as a species, has even progressed beyond that period known as the Dark Ages.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again all projection. We are talking about "All that glitters is not gold" and "All that is gold does not glitter" two phrases that have nothing to do with the bible but you turn it into something about the bible. You are a big joke. LMAO
You are using a word that you fail to comprehend the meaning of, or perhaps it is all the words you use for which you lack comprehension. I did not equate the phrase to the bible, but merely pointed out that your statement of them "working without profit" is completely fallacious. As I stated, free is never free, there is always a cost that must be paid. Your preachers, your leaders, your shepherds, are treating you as sheep, and sheep are led to the slaughter.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to utilize the tools offered you on the same mechanical device you utilize to present your complete and total lack of culture. Considering you could have instead called me on not mentioning the 12th century, or earlier, origin of the phrase, you troglodytes are all of very similar educational levels, lacking in culture and education so much as to make one question if we, as a species, has even progressed beyond that period known as the Dark Ages.
That does not have your stupid phrase in it. You said "Not all things of value are glitter and gold."

You are just ignorant and again you just show it here. LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••