Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
88,701 - 88,720 of 112,833 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
there last post has all the info you people need. if you still don't believe after that you are just denying truth.
which post where? what are we supposed to believe?

informative sentences are fun!
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
First line in their "story:"
"We are committed to sharing the truth about God and His promises. Amazing Discoveries™ began as a way for us to further spread this truth."
It's not a scientific source, nor is anything in that site based on science.
it has a section based on science it's the first section you cant miss it.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
it has a section based on science it's the first section you cant miss it.
labeling a section science does not make it factual.

one has to actually understand science if you are able to perceive if that site is accurate or not. i can see why you are confused about this issue...
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>which post where? what are we supposed to believe?
informative sentences are fun!
1)the post before that one.
2) whether the bible is right or not.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
First line in their "story:"
"We are committed to sharing the truth about God and His promises. Amazing Discoveries™ began as a way for us to further spread this truth."
It's not a scientific source, nor is anything in that site based on science.
my fave was " if you don't believe the bible is true, any discussion of its veracity is moot."

it would take a complete moron to read this crap and believe it.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
1)the post before that one.
2) whether the bible is right or not.
we know the bible is not correct. this has been proven time and time again. it is the word of humans. it is incorrect in many, many provable, verifiable ways. no god wrote it, no god divinely inspired its writing.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>labeling a section science does not make it factual.
one has to actually understand science if you are able to perceive if that site is accurate or not. i can see why you are confused about this issue...
great since you know all about science you should be able to understand it perfectly.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
great since you know all about science you should be able to understand it perfectly.
i know enough to know crap when i see it. i didn't read the science section, but if this is where you get the crap you post here about science, that is all i need to know.

is this where you learned that thistles are inedible and thorny plants can't be eaten? science like that?
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

you guys aren't taking this seriously at all oh well I'll be back next Friday maybe. Have a nice week bye.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
you guys aren't taking this seriously at all oh well I'll be back next Friday maybe. Have a nice week bye.
nothing you posted was serious.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
The Bible has many failures in it besides the Adam and Eve and Noah's myths. In both the Old and New Testaments the Earth is described as being flat. Apologists will try to claim otherwise, but it is clear that they are wrong. It describes the Earth as flat and fixed in place by both word and action. Supposedly if something is repeated several times in the Bible that somehow makes that claim more important and more "true".

The Bible has many contradictions in it, even in describing how many people, who, and when were involved at the tomb after Jesus's crucifixion.

To claim the Bible has no errors in it is to give yourself an impossible standard to meet.
drink The hive

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

It Takes Generation' 2 Lose The Habits Of Rejection...

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.advisormarketingsuccess.com/wp-con...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible has many failures in it besides the Adam and Eve and Noah's myths. In both the Old and New Testaments the Earth is described as being flat. Apologists will try to claim otherwise, but it is clear that they are wrong. It describes the Earth as flat and fixed in place by both word and action. Supposedly if something is repeated several times in the Bible that somehow makes that claim more important and more "true".
The Bible has many contradictions in it, even in describing how many people, who, and when were involved at the tomb after Jesus's crucifixion.
To claim the Bible has no errors in it is to give yourself an impossible standard to meet.
God said the earth was round. Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth"

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God said the earth was round. Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth"
circles are flat. did you fail geometry?

“We were created”

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Then we evolved

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Contradictions are everywhere through out our history. A good example is during WWII when Roosevelt stated in a press conference:
'The United Nations are fighting to make a world in which tyranny and aggression cannot exist; a world based upon freedom, equality, and justice; a world in which all persons, regardless of race, color and creed, may live in peace, honor and dignity.'

But yet the US kept negro soldiers and white soldiers completely segregated on the bases. That very much contradicts his press statement.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

wedgehead wrote:
<quoted text>
Contradictions are everywhere through out our history. A good example is during WWII when Roosevelt stated in a press conference:
'The United Nations are fighting to make a world in which tyranny and aggression cannot exist; a world based upon freedom, equality, and justice; a world in which all persons, regardless of race, color and creed, may live in peace, honor and dignity.'
But yet the US kept negro soldiers and white soldiers completely segregated on the bases. That very much contradicts his press statement.
Teddy was just as good comparing to god and all.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

wedgehead wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, but this is not a contradiction that makes a physical impossibilty, like the Noachian flood.

“We were created”

Level 1

Then we evolved

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Teddy was just as good comparing to god and all.
Teddy was just as good comparing to god and all. what?????

“We were created”

Level 1

Then we evolved

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>circles are flat. did you fail geometry?
Even in today's world the moon is sometimes referred to as a "lunar disc". Does that make it flat and not a sphere? You just take out the context of the bible what you want to make of it. That is very clear.

The moon is even getting some love from the International Space Station, where NASA astronaut Karen Nyberg tweeted out a picture of moonrise over New Brunswick. In her picture, "the lunar disk" doesn't seem all that super, because of the comparison with Earth's broad, gently curving horizon.

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/22...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing you posted was serious.
Kind of like you huh little sucker. You just spew and have nothing important to say. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••