Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#93714 Jun 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible has many failures in it besides the Adam and Eve and Noah's myths. In both the Old and New Testaments the Earth is described as being flat. Apologists will try to claim otherwise, but it is clear that they are wrong. It describes the Earth as flat and fixed in place by both word and action. Supposedly if something is repeated several times in the Bible that somehow makes that claim more important and more "true".
The Bible has many contradictions in it, even in describing how many people, who, and when were involved at the tomb after Jesus's crucifixion.
To claim the Bible has no errors in it is to give yourself an impossible standard to meet.
God said the earth was round. Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth"

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#93715 Jun 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God said the earth was round. Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth"
circles are flat. did you fail geometry?

“We were created”

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Then we evolved

#93716 Jun 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible has many failures in it besides the Adam and Eve and Noah's myths. In both the Old and New Testaments the Earth is described as being flat. Apologists will try to claim otherwise, but it is clear that they are wrong. It describes the Earth as flat and fixed in place by both word and action. Supposedly if something is repeated several times in the Bible that somehow makes that claim more important and more "true".
The Bible has many contradictions in it, even in describing how many people, who, and when were involved at the tomb after Jesus's crucifixion.
To claim the Bible has no errors in it is to give yourself an impossible standard to meet.
Contradictions are everywhere through out our history. A good example is during WWII when Roosevelt stated in a press conference:
'The United Nations are fighting to make a world in which tyranny and aggression cannot exist; a world based upon freedom, equality, and justice; a world in which all persons, regardless of race, color and creed, may live in peace, honor and dignity.'

But yet the US kept negro soldiers and white soldiers completely segregated on the bases. That very much contradicts his press statement.

“God of War”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#93717 Jun 22, 2013
wedgehead wrote:
<quoted text>
Contradictions are everywhere through out our history. A good example is during WWII when Roosevelt stated in a press conference:
'The United Nations are fighting to make a world in which tyranny and aggression cannot exist; a world based upon freedom, equality, and justice; a world in which all persons, regardless of race, color and creed, may live in peace, honor and dignity.'
But yet the US kept negro soldiers and white soldiers completely segregated on the bases. That very much contradicts his press statement.
Teddy was just as good comparing to god and all.

Minnesota's North Coast

#93718 Jun 22, 2013
wedgehead wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, but this is not a contradiction that makes a physical impossibilty, like the Noachian flood.

“We were created”

Level 1

Then we evolved

#93719 Jun 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Teddy was just as good comparing to god and all.
Teddy was just as good comparing to god and all. what?????

“We were created”

Level 1

Then we evolved

#93720 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>circles are flat. did you fail geometry?
Even in today's world the moon is sometimes referred to as a "lunar disc". Does that make it flat and not a sphere? You just take out the context of the bible what you want to make of it. That is very clear.

The moon is even getting some love from the International Space Station, where NASA astronaut Karen Nyberg tweeted out a picture of moonrise over New Brunswick. In her picture, "the lunar disk" doesn't seem all that super, because of the comparison with Earth's broad, gently curving horizon.

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/22...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#93721 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing you posted was serious.
Kind of like you huh little sucker. You just spew and have nothing important to say. LOL

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#93722 Jun 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting. I see you make up a reality and then repeat it to yourself until you believe it and then post on here as if it is real.
What I can't imagine is someone as you appear even has an interest in God, ethics, morality or church. Perhaps you go or perhaps you don't, I can't say, but it doesn't express itself in your behavior on here.
You are at liberty to feel however you want about me. It hasn't mattered since our first encounter and it doesn't matter now. You can say that it matters to me, but, I am not the one that followed me over to this forum now am I.
C'mon DannyBoy aren't you even going to address this where you show you are a hypocrite?

GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
So in the same perspective of your thinking, then all evolutionist should have to be required to go sit and listen to the sermons at the churches.

DanFromSmithville <quoted text>I already do that.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

You are a hypocrite and two faced. You say it right there. Going to church as you say you do then coming here saying God is a myth and all church teaches are lies.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#93723 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i know enough to know crap when i see it. i didn't read the science section, but if this is where you get the crap you post here about science, that is all i need to know.
is this where you learned that thistles are inedible and thorny plants can't be eaten? science like that?
In other words if they don't agree with what you believe then they are a liar. That sums it up pretty well doesn't it?

Minnesota's North Coast

#93724 Jun 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like you huh little sucker. You just spew and have nothing important to say. LOL
it is important pointing out the falsehoods idiots like you post.

why is it you cannot counter anything i have stated, then?

hmmm...

Minnesota's North Coast

#93725 Jun 22, 2013
wedgehead wrote:
<quoted text>
Even in today's world the moon is sometimes referred to as a "lunar disc". Does that make it flat and not a sphere? You just take out the context of the bible what you want to make of it. That is very clear.
The moon is even getting some love from the International Space Station, where NASA astronaut Karen Nyberg tweeted out a picture of moonrise over New Brunswick. In her picture, "the lunar disk" doesn't seem all that super, because of the comparison with Earth's broad, gently curving horizon.
http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/22...
are you saying a circle is not flat?

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#93726 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is important pointing out the falsehoods idiots like you post.
why is it you cannot counter anything i have stated, then?
hmmm...
I just did and will do it again.

In other words if they don't agree with what you believe then they are a liar. That sums it up pretty well doesn't it? So if you don't agree with what they say you must be a liar to them. LMAO

Minnesota's North Coast

#93727 Jun 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words if they don't agree with what you believe then they are a liar. That sums it up pretty well doesn't it? So if you don't agree with what they say you must be a liar to them. LMAO
no, i provide facts for my assertions.

you did nothing. you posted a childish taunt.

probably the acme of your talents.

“We were created”

Level 1

Then we evolved

#93728 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying a circle is not flat?
Are you saying a disc is not flat. The moon was referred to as a "lunar disc" in that link I posted.

So I guess if someone reads that in 9000 years from now we will look stupid and they will think we thought the moon was flat since they called it a "lunar disc".

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#93729 Jun 22, 2013
Time to go folks. It is Sat night and time to go play. You losers set here and be stupid as you do everyday. WOW what a life you all lead. LMFAO

Minnesota's North Coast

#93730 Jun 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
again, i provide facts with my assertions...can you counter any of those facts? why not?

Minnesota's North Coast

#93731 Jun 22, 2013
wedgehead wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying a disc is not flat. The moon was referred to as a "lunar disc" in that link I posted.
So I guess if someone reads that in 9000 years from now we will look stupid and they will think we thought the moon was flat since they called it a "lunar disc".
no-one ever said astronauts are all knowing. a god would know the difference between a circle and a sphere.

“We were created”

Level 1

Then we evolved

#93732 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no-one ever said astronauts are all knowing. a god would know the difference between a circle and a sphere.
Some people of the bible referred to the Earth a circle. Some people of today refer to the moon a "lunar disc". No difference.

I can see you are not worth wasting time talking to for all you do is want to argue like a child. Have fun with that.

“God of War”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#93733 Jun 22, 2013
wedgehead wrote:
<quoted text>

When the light is shining on a quarter moon , the moon appears sickle shaped with a big bite out of it, but if you look carefully you can see the moons disk or the faint outline of it's real edge.
The moon disk is it's shaded hidden portion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 min Jennifer Renee 9,859
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min ms_Sweeter 158,089
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 5 min wichita-rick 2,671
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 8 min Old Sam 4,941
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 11 min Old Sam 1,998
Rest in Peace, Spock 12 min Crazy Beautiful 338
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 13 min Old Sam 3,731
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 15 min Doug77 27,593
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 49 min Radical Miracle 39,442
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 3 hr Mega Monster 846