Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93610 Jun 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascinating. You understood in 2 minutes what some haven't learned in 2,000 years.
I've heard of Wade Davis, haven't read anything by him.
Davis wrote the book "The Serpent and the Rainbow" from which the film was made.

try "Shadows in the Sun" fascinating...

he is an ethnobotanist...what a cool field of study!

St. Croix valley

#93611 Jun 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The early hominids were veggies, and tree dwellers mostly.
With hooked big toes and very ape like. Their huge jaw muscles were needed to eat tough plant fibers just like gorillas.
http://anthro.palomar.edu/hominid/australo_1....
Hunter gatherers foraged everything they could , until farming and civilization starting producing staple crops. And the rest is written history.
would they have eaten insects like most of the apes do? that's not vegetarian.

maybe they are like so many people i have met that say they are vegetarian, but eat seafood...

another great book that deals with vegetarianism tangentally is "Some We Love, Some We Hate, and Some We Eat" by Hal Herzog. his figures on people who quit vegetarianism and those that totally lie about their meat consumption is pretty eye opening...

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#93612 Jun 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you end your post with a stupid question?

Evolution is science, nothing more, nothing less. The theory lets us understand how life came into its present form.

We know that we share common descent with all life. There are several independent source of evidence that all agree.
Your 3 BIG Myths:

1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.

2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.

3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.

And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.

"SNAP"

Level 1

Location hidden

#93613 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but the god of your cult is a proven myth! why can't you grasp this irrefutable fact? proven, proven, proven myth. your cult's god does not exist. satan does not exist.

your own bible and cult dogma proved your god false. deprogramers are listed in teh yellow pages and online...
Your 3 BIG Myths:

and created everything.

2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.

And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.

"SNAP"

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#93614 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>would they have eaten insects like most of the apes do? that's not vegetarian.
maybe they are like so many people i have met that say they are vegetarian, but eat seafood...
another great book that deals with vegetarianism tangentally is "Some We Love, Some We Hate, and Some We Eat" by Hal Herzog. his figures on people who quit vegetarianism and those that totally lie about their meat consumption is pretty eye opening...

Well bugs aint exactly meat, protein but not animal protein.

St. Croix valley

#93615 Jun 22, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 3 BIG Myths:
and created everything.
"SNAP"
you got all three of those wrong.

why do you continually try to debunk things you don't even have the fundamental knowledge of?
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93616 Jun 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a second, wasn't that before "sin" entered the world?
Of course they were vegetarians! Along with wolves,.... lions, tigers, and bears oh my!
umm a grizzly bears main diet is vegetables and a panda bear eats bamboo. The only bear i can think of who's main diet is meat is the polar bear but like I said that's only because it had no other option especially since it lives in a place with barely and plants.
and have you ever tried to feed a lion or tiger vegetables and seen what happens? no so I guess you cant proof that vegetables were not their original diet.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93617 Jun 22, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 3 BIG Myths:
and created everything.
"SNAP"
Spamming the thread with nonsense is an idiots way of admitting that he has nothing.

Thank you for admitting that you have nothing.

St. Croix valley

#93618 Jun 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well bugs aint exactly meat, protein but not animal protein.
so one can eat insects and still be a vegetarian? grubs are pretty 'meaty'...

don't insects have muscles? that would be meat, wouldn't it?

St. Croix valley

#93619 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
umm a grizzly bears main diet is vegetables and a panda bear eats bamboo. The only bear i can think of who's main diet is meat is the polar bear but like I said that's only because it had no other option especially since it lives in a place with barely and plants.
and have you ever tried to feed a lion or tiger vegetables and seen what happens? no so I guess you cant proof that vegetables were not their original diet.
ummmm...you've never seen grizzlies fishing for salmon?

even black bears eat meat. it is not their main dietary source, but they do kill and eat other animals. up in my neck of the woods, they kill many baby moose each year and eat them...
Andy

Reading, PA

#93620 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so one can eat insects and still be a vegetarian? grubs are pretty 'meaty'...
Meat for the Gorillas, they love big juicy bugs.
Andy

Reading, PA

#93621 Jun 22, 2013
YUM !

Level 1

Location hidden

#93622 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you got all three of those wrong.

why do you continually try to debunk things you don't even have the fundamental knowledge of?
Mr. Woody dick
Please feel free to enlighten me on your 3 myths.

Level 1

Location hidden

#93623 Jun 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Spamming the thread with nonsense is an idiots way of admitting that he has nothing.

Thank you for admitting that you have nothing.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

St. Croix valley

#93624 Jun 22, 2013
Andy wrote:
YUM !
many insects are, in fact, quite tasty.

i've had deep fried grasshoppers, they were quite good.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#93625 Jun 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nope not Catholics, and I understand how female are impregnated by natural and unnatural means.
But just used a few of the dozens of idiotic stories.
Now try explaining a talking snake.
The serpent was part of Adams' anatomy and didn't itself speak. It was dickhead Adam, he was a sex offender and he talked Eve into oral sex, "eating" from the tree of knowledge which was Adams' body. They were naked, so the serpent was out there.

Level 1

Location hidden

#93626 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so one can eat insects and still be a vegetarian? grubs are pretty 'meaty'...

"don't insects have muscles? that would be meat, wouldn't it?"

meat\ˈmēt\
noun
1 a : flesh of a mammal as opposed to fowl or fish.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#93627 Jun 22, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 3 BIG Myths:
and created everything.
"SNAP"
Isn't lying a sin in your religion?

St. Croix valley

#93628 Jun 22, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
meat\ˈmēt\
noun
ducks don't have meat?

so people that eat chicken and turkey and such are vegetarians?

you reaaaaalllly need to stop talking about things this far above your pay-grade...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93629 Jun 22, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
meat\ˈmēt\
noun
If you looked at enough definitions you would find that meat can be any animal flesh, including that of fish and fowl. For example "crab meat".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ladies, how would u feel if u caught your man w... 2 min Instigator 15
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 7 min Mechanic 24,161
Ideology* 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 11 min Mechanic 2,007
"BEWARE of ISIS!" 14 min Instigator 24
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 18 min Jack 284
Madden 15 Player Ratings!! 22 min ho glider 1
Woman Adds 3rd Breast to Make Herself 'Unattrac... 55 min Instigator 11
Reporter Quits in Vulgar Fashion 1 hr Instigator 6
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr reebie 20,617