Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221768 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93674 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
no he is looking for loyal followers. he doesn't want people who only partly follow it. if you can only make negative comments could you please leave. you are not proving nor disproving anything. you are only making fun of us and the bible not very scientific of you.
That's not loyalty, the things you mentioned, that's gullibility and ignorance. A loyal person would tell the god "stoning children is not okay, and for you to ask that is disturbing."

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#93675 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll look at the page also there is trace of their activity there. the pyramids themselves are proof how do you think all those complex structures got built? also the reason why probably there is no historical records of them being in Egypt is probably because they were too ashamed to put it into hieroglyphs. I mean they were supposed to be a great nation and they lost to their own slaves that was most likely very humiliating to them.
Yeah, no it wouldn't, because there would be a lot more evidence that the Jews were in Egypt. There is no evidence they were in the desert either.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93676 Jun 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Both God and Satan are called "beasts". God is "behemoth" which just means very strong or powerful. Job 40:15. This is also the beast in Daniel 7:11. Satan is called serpent, leviathan, and dragon.
yeah I recommend you watch these:
http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/c/17/Rekindling_...
and
http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/c/2/Total%20Onsl...

they are really informative if you want to really know about the truth i recommend these.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93677 Jun 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the pyramids are not "proof".
The Egyptians have very good records showing that they built the pyramids themselves.
Please note, that I did not even mention the fact that there are no records of the Jews in Egypt, or of any deaths due to the supposed plagues. You need to do a lot better than to point at the pyramids and said that the Jews might have built them as "proof".
The lack of evidence for Exodus is what convinces archaeologists that it never happened.
just because there is a lack of evidence doesn't make it false it just means there is lack of evidence. there are parts of evolution which lack evidence are you saying its false due to lack of evidence? i don't think so. and it's like i said if there is too much evidence people wouldn't start believing in him with faith alone.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93678 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not loyalty, the things you mentioned, that's gullibility and ignorance. A loyal person would tell the god "stoning children is not okay, and for you to ask that is disturbing."
what do you mean by stoning children? where in the bible does it say that?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#93679 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you mean by stoning children? where in the bible does it say that?
Deuteronomy 21.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93680 Jun 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to know what a "theory" is.
For both Adam and Eve and Noah's Ark we know that they never happened since the genome of the world's animals is far to diverse. If that had happened there would be a population bottleneck dateable to those incidents.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_bottl...
We know how quickly mutations build up in various species. Those mutations result in new genes. The amount of difference that we can see is far too great for it to be due to only one mating pair, or several in the case of "clean" animals going back to only a few thousand years ago. In fact they know that has not happened for the last 100,000 years.
well i believe i may have found an answer to your question:
http://evofantasy.blogspot.com/2012/03/is-the...
though i am not too sure since i did not understand some of it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#93681 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, so in other words, you bought the entire religion without any supporting evidence. That's called gullible. There is no evidence of a world wide bottleneck.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93682 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Deuteronomy 21.
I beleive I explained this before. the situation was different back then. hell there are people who did worse things back then like sacrificing their own children to their gods. but it's like i said before we are not allowed to kill anyone anymore for something as light as that because Jesus died for all our sins. so everyone has an equal chance. if you kill a child then they wouldn't have a possibility to repent in the future.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93683 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
just because there is a lack of evidence doesn't make it false it just means there is lack of evidence. there are parts of evolution which lack evidence are you saying its false due to lack of evidence? i don't think so. and it's like i said if there is too much evidence people wouldn't start believing in him with faith alone.
When there are events that would leave evidence behind the lack of evidence is evidence against that event.

And faith is just a synonym for gullibility.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93684 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, so in other words, you bought the entire religion without any supporting evidence. That's called gullible. There is no evidence of a world wide bottleneck.
LOL, I just read this post after telling de the same thing.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#93685 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
I beleive I explained this before. the situation was different back then. hell there are people who did worse things back then like sacrificing their own children to their gods. but it's like i said before we are not allowed to kill anyone anymore for something as light as that because Jesus died for all our sins. so everyone has an equal chance. if you kill a child then they wouldn't have a possibility to repent in the future.
You are excusing stoning children to death. If you can excuse it for "back then," then you can make excuses for it today. There is no excuse, that is why my ethics are above you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93686 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, that is just some poor fool's blog. There was no human and very few other, bottlenecks that recent.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93687 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
could possibly be the stupidest thing i've read this week...

so your infallible cult god had piss-poor morals back then so his alter ego had to come fix his mistakes? don't you see how this disproves the very god your cult tries to create?

why would any moral person even being to think of worshiping any god that even once considered slavery or killing in his name moral? could any real god condone such activity?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93688 Jun 22, 2013
And please when it comes to Noah's Ark the evidence against it is huge. I used the genetic bottleneck example since I could kill two birds with one stone.

For the flood the evidence goes on and on and on.

Again there should be evidence of a flood, there is none. There is evidence for older smaller floods that should have been overwritten by a newer larger one.

St. Croix valley

#93689 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
no not all plants are edible. poisonous plants, plants with thorns and thistles, etc...
the earth back then was abundant with more edible than today not to mention they had more nutrients due to the fact it was more fertile than today.
where do you come up with this moronic crap?

have you ever had prickly pear? i eat rose hips all the time while hiking in my woods. thistles are in fact edible...

where did you hear the Earth had more edible plants than now? edible for whom, humans or animals? humans have only been on this planet for the briefest of flickers of time...
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93690 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I read some thing about it on the link i think it was at the end. plus I bet you didn't even look at it. if you didn't then don't say anything. you can't even say anything logical all you do is say "this is false" "you are gullible" "its all lies" just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it true. your statements have no logical reasoning. all you are basically saying is "Shut up i don't want to hear you! BLAH BLAH BLAH!" and its getting quite annoying. you really shouldn't be here.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#93691 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
I read some thing about it on the link i think it was at the end. plus I bet you didn't even look at it. if you didn't then don't say anything. you can't even say anything logical all you do is say "this is false" "you are gullible" "its all lies" just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it true. your statements have no logical reasoning. all you are basically saying is "Shut up i don't want to hear you! BLAH BLAH BLAH!" and its getting quite annoying. you really shouldn't be here.
I'm waiting for evidence, you have presented none and there's a lot of evidence against this flood myth of yours.

St. Croix valley

#93692 Jun 22, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
in fact, she has countered all of your silly ideas with facts. it seems you are the one denying the facts in front of your face.

this is very typical of cult members, even when shown absolute, positive, undeniable proof that their cult lied to them, they still cling to the cult mantra. look into cult deprogramming and you will see this is true.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93693 Jun 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>where do you come up with this moronic crap?
have you ever had prickly pear? i eat rose hips all the time while hiking in my woods. thistles are in fact edible...
where did you hear the Earth had more edible plants than now? edible for whom, humans or animals? humans have only been on this planet for the briefest of flickers of time...
the reason we can eat those things is because we use tools and our brains but not all animals can do that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 6 min Rosa 23,925
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 8 min Chilli J 5,841
News Florida Man Shoots Neighbor, Drives Dead Body t... 16 min Chilli J 15
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 17 min Dr S Niper 4,554
A six word game (Dec '08) 42 min Hoosier Hillbilly 21,138
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 46 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,045
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 56 min Hoosier Hillbilly 38,142
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Mister_ E 220,679
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 3 hr Mister_ E 2,113
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Rich and Happy 76,666
More from around the web