Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221488 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#93525 Jun 21, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you brought him up, pal. Don't get pissy because you've made yourself look stupid.
Is relativity common sense? Is quantum physics?
Let's not forget that spontaneous generation was once common sense.
<quoted text>
Suuuuuure you did. Bible college?
<quoted text>
You really think a bacterium is more complete than an entire human being? No wonder you're so confused.
<quoted text>
There you go again. Citing stuff that says you're wrong. Well done.
Common sense doesn't seem to mean what it used to mean. These days it doesn't appear to be too common or make much sense.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93526 Jun 21, 2013
I know I posted a illustrated video that explains how the flagellum evolved, SBT even commented about it here and called it a cartoon. He didn't seem to like the lack of detail. I then linked the paper that the simplified "cartoon" was based upon and it seems that it went over SBT's head.

Perhaps I need to post it again.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#93527 Jun 21, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
For Pete's sake, read the entire paper that YOU brought up.
Try biochem course 141 - "Prokaryote Bacterium"; (Wiki says they go back 3.6 BY, out of the sky number)

http://faculty.ccbcmd.edu/courses/bio141/lecg...

Figure 1, your self made, complete and working Proton Motor made per the DNA instructions in the above creature that wiki says was here 3.6 BY ago;

See it work;
http://www.arn.org/docs/mm/flag_dithani.htm

See them swim;

Using the age trump-card to explain away my point is a gross oversimplification, and add the claimed self-assemblage of DNA (MB or even GB of it) takes a greater faith than mine. This tiny creature is a colossal enigma for evolutionists.

And sorry, the guys came from a large state university and had not been brainwashed yet. Now their inoculated, as complexity = design, design = intelligence. Reason trumps the magic time card.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93528 Jun 21, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Try biochem course 141 - "Prokaryote Bacterium"; (Wiki says they go back 3.6 BY, out of the sky number)
Figure 1, your self made, complete and working Proton Motor made per the DNA instructions in the above creature that wiki says was here 3.6 BY ago;
See it work;
http://www.arn.org/docs/mm/flag_dithani.htm
See them swim;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ey7Emmddf7YXX
Using the age trump-card to explain away my point is a gross oversimplification, and add the claimed self-assemblage of DNA (MB or even GB of it) takes a greater faith than mine. This tiny creature is a colossal enigma for evolutionists.
And sorry, the guys came from a large state university and had not been brainwashed yet. Now their inoculated, as complexity = design, design = intelligence. Reason trumps the magic time card.
You seem to have difficulty understanding that the rotor evolved.

What parts are you having problems with?

I gave you two links that showed how it evolved, you gave lip service for one and seem to have avoided the other.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93529 Jun 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was a kid I had a problem with the "one true church", They all seemed to claim they were it. Also never understood why we were supposed to eat Jesus and drink his blood, understanding the truth about that...doesn't help. The creation story, well that's a story alright, so is exodus I'll stop at that.
Basically I came to the conclusion, nobody in religion knew wth they were talking about, and don't even the real reasons they do things in it. They are confused brainwashed clowns trained to go to the circus and jump through hoops. Not that they are all bad or all bad people, some of them are the best people. Just confused and believe things that aren't true, and do things they have really no idea why.
Just turns out some of us , just aren't cut out for this ridiculous behavior. After all we all know virgins don't get pregnant without a daddy doing something.
I would just like to say hello everyone how was your week? mine was alright. this shall be the first thing i will answer.
*ahem*
You were brainwashed by the Catholics. I mean seriously the bible says that they REPRESENT the body and blood of christ not that it was the body of christ.
also so you are saying that a god that created the universe and wouldn't know how to place an embryo into a human. please for him its probably easier than us replacing a graphics card on a computer. He is god after all.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93530 Jun 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But then they couldn't pretend it supports their idiotic "arguments."
I don't want to hear that from someone who doesn't even LOOK at the arguments. bet you you didn't even watch half of the first video I gave you last week. Thought so.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#93531 Jun 21, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
I would just like to say hello everyone how was your week? mine was alright. this shall be the first thing i will answer.
*ahem*
You were brainwashed by the Catholics. I mean seriously the bible says that they REPRESENT the body and blood of christ not that it was the body of christ.
also so you are saying that a god that created the universe and wouldn't know how to place an embryo into a human. please for him its probably easier than us replacing a graphics card on a computer. He is god after all.
Nope not Catholics, and I understand how female are impregnated by natural and unnatural means.
But just used a few of the dozens of idiotic stories.
Now try explaining a talking snake.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93532 Jun 21, 2013
Dinoeater, what video did you link?
Was it by someone who has already been shown to be a liar?
I might watch your video if you watch one that I pick out for you.
I am getting tired of creatards that are all words and no action.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93533 Jun 21, 2013
It was from last week here i'll post it again it was about health:
http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/c/7/Life%20at%20...
oh and while i was waiting for someone to answer i came up with something funny which ill post next:
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93534 Jun 21, 2013
well while i wait for someone to answer I'm going to ramble about random things here.
evolution cannot happen because if we originated from monkeys then we would have the ability to mate with them. hmm how did I come up with this?
and if all creatures came from a common ancestor why can't we mate with each other why is there no birdmen, horsemen, and fishmen. why? why cant we fly or breathe under water or gallop through prairies. did that single cell organism have a brain? and said hey it would be bad if these creatures combine to form a super creature so that single cell organism decided to evolve into species that couldn't combine with each other.(awww I really wanted to fly.)
(Just to remind you i just created this out of boredom this is not supposed to be an argument it is for entertainment purposes only)
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93535 Jun 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nope not Catholics, and I understand how female are impregnated by natural and unnatural means.
But just used a few of the dozens of idiotic stories.
Now try explaining a talking snake.
Easy it wasn't the snake that talked the snake was possessed by the devil which spoke THROUGH the snake.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93536 Jun 21, 2013
Oh and when a person hi it is polite to say hi to them back.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93537 Jun 21, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy it wasn't the snake that talked the snake was possessed by the devil which spoke THROUGH the snake.
did the devil give the snake vocal cords and a larynx for a brief period of time then?

oh, i forgot the devil is a proven myth...doesn't even warrant a discussion...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93538 Jun 21, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
well while i wait for someone to answer I'm going to ramble about random things here.
evolution cannot happen because if we originated from monkeys then we would have the ability to mate with them. hmm how did I come up with this?
and if all creatures came from a common ancestor why can't we mate with each other why is there no birdmen, horsemen, and fishmen. why? why cant we fly or breathe under water or gallop through prairies. did that single cell organism have a brain? and said hey it would be bad if these creatures combine to form a super creature so that single cell organism decided to evolve into species that couldn't combine with each other.(awww I really wanted to fly.)
(Just to remind you i just created this out of boredom this is not supposed to be an argument it is for entertainment purposes only)
You cannot debunk evolution when you have no clue as to how it works.

You forgot about the process of specization. You can see it with many animals. Tigers and Lions can breed, but their offspring have difficulty breeding. Horses and donkeys can breed, and their offspring are almost all sterile. If you have a population of species that separate they will continue to evolve. The longer that they are separated the greater the differences between the two populations will be. Sooner or later the two groups will not be able to breed with each other anymore.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93539 Jun 21, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
It was from last week here i'll post it again it was about health:
http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/c/7/Life%20at%20...
oh and while i was waiting for someone to answer i came up with something funny which ill post next:
Oh, diet nuts. I'll pass.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93540 Jun 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>did the devil give the snake vocal cords and a larynx for a brief period of time then?
oh, i forgot the devil is a proven myth...doesn't even warrant a discussion...
yeah no. I cant explain exactly how it happened (since i wasn't there) but its just like how you cannot explain everything either.
and the devil does exist. Cause if god exists so does the devil because the devil was once an angel created by god. and how did you prove him false? Do you guys have machines which could go through different dimensions? if you do I would love to come over to explore those dimensions.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93541 Jun 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot debunk evolution when you have no clue as to how it works.
You forgot about the process of specization. You can see it with many animals. Tigers and Lions can breed, but their offspring have difficulty breeding. Horses and donkeys can breed, and their offspring are almost all sterile. If you have a population of species that separate they will continue to evolve. The longer that they are separated the greater the differences between the two populations will be. Sooner or later the two groups will not be able to breed with each other anymore.
Thats why I said it was only for entertainment purposes. its garbage I was bored of waiting. what? do you take superman seriously?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#93542 Jun 21, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh huh , did he use a megaphone, a cell phone or did he borrow some vocal chords from a friend. AND BTW can he tap dance and sing because we gonna make him a Hollywood star!
ALSO demonic possession is ultra goofy hogwash, if you think people can be possessed by demons , you're as insane as they are.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#93543 Jun 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, diet nuts. I'll pass.
im guessing you didn't mean this as an offense.
and before we were talking about vegetarians and how the bible says the original diet was vegetarian. and these videos prove it.

OOOOH one piece ad on top nice getting really popular in north America I see.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93544 Jun 21, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah no. I cant explain exactly how it happened (since i wasn't there) but its just like how you cannot explain everything either.
and the devil does exist. Cause if god exists so does the devil because the devil was once an angel created by god. and how did you prove him false? Do you guys have machines which could go through different dimensions? if you do I would love to come over to explore those dimensions.
but the god of your cult is a proven myth! why can't you grasp this irrefutable fact? proven, proven, proven myth. your cult's god does not exist. satan does not exist.

your own bible and cult dogma proved your god false. deprogramers are listed in teh yellow pages and online...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 2 min andet1987 3,787
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) (Jan '15) 11 min andet1987 1,126
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min F_R_E_D 218,731
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 14 min andet1987 2,663
What Turns You Off? 34 min honeymylove 546
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 1 hr Camilla 12,022
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr RACY_MEAN_DISAGREE 76,022
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr Parden Pard 22,886
What is your pets name? 3 hr Parden Pard 44
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 5 hr Judy 123 1,950