Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216817 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#93438 Jun 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close. You have presented no evidence of your god, or that any
god has had a hand in the universe at any point. There is more evidence
for the theory of evolution than there is for gravity.
Narrow! you are always boating of education, after your demise, will you be going with your so called education? the world and the universe generally, is a testimony of the hand of God and not any evolution.
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#93439 Jun 20, 2013
The universe may have started like a small seed and then grew like a tree and it branched outward to allow for what was to become of it.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#93440 Jun 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Santa actually has more factual basis than any god...
And he brings presents.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#93441 Jun 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Santa is actually very real, if you understand who he represents (Satan) He is called "Father Christmas" and will be the father of the Messiah. He is depicted the same way Christians depict God. His real name is Christian (Kringle) He was also a pilot (in the Navy). He is also called Saint or "Old" Nick. He is from the North where it's cold, like hell.
WTF???

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#93442 Jun 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The point I'm discussing with them has no facts but they believe it does.
As in.
Their 3 BIG Myths:
1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.
2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.
3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.
And when I snap my fingers they will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.
"SNAP"
Are you trying to be funny?

It's not working.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#93443 Jun 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF???
Satan or Santa is Jesus father and his god. Satan (the reincarnation of Adam) is the real Messiahs earthly, biological, carnal father. The Christians knew this was supposed to be, which is why they invented the Santa myth.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#93444 Jun 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. His name was changed to Satan (Santa) when he died and went to Heaven...
OH MY GOD ARE YOU TELLING ME SANTA'S DEAD??!!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#93445 Jun 20, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter what I believe, what matters is what is true, correct?
Sez he who just accused others of ducking and dodging.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#93446 Jun 20, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>OH MY GOD ARE YOU TELLING ME SANTA'S DEAD??!!
NOOOOOOO!!!!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#93447 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about you looking for leprechauns and you changed it to me showing prove of God? That is straw man fallacy. See definition below.
To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition.
Here's your logic? A counterfeit $3 bill is more fake than a counterfeit $3,000 dollar bill because $3,000 is more than $3 - therefor a $3,000,000 bill is even more likely to be real.
Your same flawed logic claims that a high end computer operates on different principles than a cheap one, a top fuel dragster is "better" than a small passenger car and driving aimlessly will not get you to a destination - which by contextual definition is a previously undefined stopping point.
Meanwhile, you crow about being a troll and stalking and abusing other posters (with multiple accounts)? I don't get that "logic", either.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#93448 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not real-time? WOW I guess when you type something I can't see it until the next day huh? LMFAO What an idiot. Given some newbies and random post take sometimes 3 minutes to post other than that it is real time. What a effnn idiot you are.
No, jackass. I'm a professional computer systems engineer and have been for over 35 years. Real-time is just that. Virtually instantaneously. There are considerable delays between "Post Comment" and when they show up. 3 minutes is not real-time, dumbass.

Read!
"In computer science, real-time computing (RTC), or reactive computing, is the study of hardware and software systems that are subject to a "real-time constraint"— e.g. operational deadlines from event to system response. Real-time programs must guarantee response within strict time constraints.[1] Often real-time response times are understood to be in the order of milliseconds and sometimes microseconds. In contrast, a non-real-time system is one that cannot guarantee a response time in any situation, even if a fast response is the usual result." - Wiki

There is NO guaranteed response time on Topix.

Having a Xbox doesn't make you an expert. So please shut up about things you obviously know little about and consider your education and experience before you call someone else an idiot.

Sao Paulo

#93449 Jun 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What I posted was not a straw man, it was an example followed by the parallel. You claim there is a god, yet provide no evidence, why should we believe you and not those who claim there are leprechauns?
Hi Kitten, I suggest we all stop responding to replaytime. His only skill is drawing people into arguments, and he seems pretty good at it – it's obviously his only ambition on this thread. His repetition is annoying, and his 6th-grade name calling has gotten old. Eventually he will either wise up and become a participant, or simply just go away.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#93450 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't for get she has to hang up sheets over her windows when she makes video's. Probably really in the psych ward library. LMAO
Gee, KK. I think you have your very own stalker.

Level 2

Location hidden

#93451 Jun 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Narrow! you are always boating
of education, after your demise, will you be going with your so called
education? the world and the universe generally, is a testimony of the
hand of God and not any evolution.
Typos, i meant, boasting and not, " boasting".

Level 2

Location hidden

#93452 Jun 20, 2013
Oh my God! typos again, i don' t mean, " boating".

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#93453 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW you are stupid. Unequivalent means equal in value.
WHAT??? What friggin planet are you on?

EQUIVALENT means equal in value.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/equ...

You need to stop calling people stupid until you stop being stupid.

(Though I hold no hope of that)

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#93454 Jun 20, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Kitten, I suggest we all stop responding to replaytime. His only skill is drawing people into arguments, and he seems pretty good at it – it's obviously his only ambition on this thread. His repetition is annoying, and his 6th-grade name calling has gotten old. Eventually he will either wise up and become a participant, or simply just go away.
Ding Ding Ding Ding! Johnny we have a winner. What is his prize? Just more BS like you always feed em Replay. You have tried to tell them but they won't listen so just keep feeding them more. They keep coming like a fat kid after cake. LOL

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#93455 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW you really do need to read a little. It means they mean the same. ROTFLMMFAO
e·quiv·a·lent - adjective
1. equal in value, measure, force, effect, significance, etc.: His silence is equivalent to an admission of guilt.
2. corresponding in position, function, etc.: In some ways their prime minister is equivalent to our president.
3. Geometry . having the same extent, as a triangle and a square of equal area.
4. Mathematics .(of two sets) able to be placed in one-to-one correspondence.
5. Chemistry . having the same capacity to combine or react chemically.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unequi...
You keep on proving you are a fool.
Now what did I just say about you stopping being stupid? The link you posted was for "equivalent". Though I imagine it is quite difficult for you to read that with your head firmly up you ass.

Sao Paulo

#93456 Jun 20, 2013
Susan, your post raises a 3-part question;
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Satan or Santa is Jesus father and his god.

Huh?
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Satan (the reincarnation of Adam) is the real Messiahs earthly, biological, carnal father.

Huh?
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Christians knew this was supposed to be, which is why they invented the Santa myth.
Huh?

Which can only be explained by the fact that it must be mushroom season.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#93457 Jun 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitty I am some what impressed. You caught on to that before SucTheBone did. What was it that tipped you off? The link I posted or did it finally sink in? LOL
Oh, bullshit. You shot yourself in the foot (twice in just a page or two) and now you're going to backstroke. Putz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Signs of success include being happy... and hav... 2 min andet1987 6
Lets ask Gloop! (Jul '12) 4 min Knock off purse s... 1,019
News Temperatures to top balmy 12C 5 min Knock off purse s... 2
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 7 min Alex Nicole 15,249
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 9 min SUG here 35,651
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '15) 11 min SUG here 271
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 11 min Mr_FX 525
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 12 min SUG here 5,311
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 12 min Spotted Girl 1,668
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 32 min Old Sam 148,457