Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199270 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#93367 Jun 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you misread his post.
So if he's on "you're side" and he's wrong, he isn't wrong? If someone isn't on "you're side" and they are right does that mean they aren't right?

Maybe you are just misreading my post, eh?
Yup

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#93368 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured that, I was just offering the scientific evidence that they always demand and watch them try to duck and dodge when it contradicts them.
Make sure you know what the answer is before you ask the question.
For example,
They will try to hide behind one of the multi-verse theories out, but all have been debunked, Penrose-Hawking tried justifying and gave up.
That is strange, because all the scientific evidence has and continues to support the theory of evolution. I wonder what you offered that was different?
Level 1

Location hidden

#93369 Jun 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>It's not likely that you have the capacity much less the ability to solve the cosmological argument, which is by all intents and purpose irrelevant to understanding everything else in the universe.
I have already told you from a scientific perspective the concept of the "ground state" And a "potential".
The singularity came from the potential within the ground state.
Ah. So you're in the camp that the universe always existed.
Level 1

Location hidden

#93370 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>I figured that, I was just offering the scientific evidence that they always demand and watch them try to duck and dodge when it contradicts them.

Make sure you know what the answer is before you ask the question.

For example,

They will try to hide behind one of the multi-verse theories out, but all have been debunked, Penrose-Hawking tried justifying and gave up.
We've been through the multi-verse thing. See the universe is ALL matter, time, space and energy. So by definition multi-verses would have to be part of the universe.

Level 9

#93371 Jun 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you misread his post.
So if he's on "you're side" and he's wrong, he isn't wrong? If someone isn't on "you're side" and they are right does that mean they aren't right?
Maybe you are just misreading my post, eh?
No, that pretty much sums up what I have seen. If you have all the available evidence summarized and have made a logical and reasonable conclusion that is contrary to a strict biblical interpretation it is wrong by default. If you are as mad as a hatter and can neither interpret the evidence properly, tend to misrepresent what you do have or don't understand the evidence or the science at all while adhering to a steadfast and intractable interpretation of biblical creationism, you are always right.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#93372 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Yes. His name was changed to Satan (Santa) when he died and went to Heaven. This was to preserve his life, if you go to hell, which is what he deserved, you're history. He would be reincarnated and instead of the son, would be the father of God.(Father Christmas). He's the only one who could genetically bring Messiah/God into the world. It was always Gods' intent to live physically on earth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93373 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Hitler claimed to be a Christian too.
Oh and Satan is a angel.
Where did time come from?
Clearly Hitler was a Christian. Who did he go after? He went after Jews and atheists. He also went after one or two churches that openly opposed him, that obviously was not a religious difference.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93374 Jun 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again,
Do you believe Genesis is a literal record of the origin of the Earth and mankind?
Doesn't matter what I believe, what matters is what is true, correct?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93375 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been through the multi-verse thing. See the universe is ALL matter, time, space and energy. So by definition multi-verses would have to be part of the universe.
You should do some research in dimensional theory.

Level 9

#93376 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
The physical evidence doesn't support the story in Genesis.

Level 9

#93377 Jun 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly Hitler was a Christian. Who did he go after? He went after Jews and atheists. He also went after one or two churches that openly opposed him, that obviously was not a religious difference.
Wasn't Hitler a Catholic, but not a fully practicing one. In any event he wasn't an atheist. No matter how much the creationist keep clicking their ruby slippers together, they can't wish the facts into the corn field.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#93378 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the problem your suggestion,
What principles would those be?
"Well, There's your problem...!"

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#93379 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>

You assume to say you know, when your explanation is "god did it"
So tell us how you know came about this infallible logic, that a multiverse would have to be contained within the universe, instead of this universe being a part of an unknown greater universe.
Being this knowledge is not written or contain within any writing
and is currently beyond the scope of human reasoning.
Please tell us how you could determine this.

Or is it you wish to cover the bases for the non existent god you believe did it, the one who you cannot prove even exists, but use as the morons explanation of everything.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#93380 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, I'll rephrase it. Is Genesis an true record of the origins of the Earth and mankind?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93381 Jun 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That is strange, because all the scientific evidence has and continues to support the theory of evolution. I wonder what you offered that was different?
People keep saying that yet they are unable to defend any position on the matter. They say, "it has been proven" or "go read a book" or "take a science class" or "your mamma is so fat..." blah,blah

and you are no different, I'll prove it.

Ok, danny what evidence do you want to defend first?

Information Theory?
DNA/RNA?
Genetics - mutations?
Cosmology?
Geology?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93382 Jun 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't Hitler a Catholic, but not a fully practicing one. In any event he wasn't an atheist. No matter how much the creationist keep clicking their ruby slippers together, they can't wish the facts into the corn field.
Yes:

"I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so”

From this website, which has quite a few of his quotes on his religion:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006/08/23...

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#93383 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. So you're in the camp that the universe always existed.
You don't really don't get the idea of "no time before time" and "no place before space", do you? Did "the null set is not zero" give you headaches in 8th grade algebra?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93384 Jun 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Well, There's your problem...!"
To much of a puss to answer, I get it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93385 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
People keep saying that yet they are unable to defend any position on the matter. They say, "it has been proven" or "go read a book" or "take a science class" or "your mamma is so fat..." blah,blah
and you are no different, I'll prove it.
Ok, danny what evidence do you want to defend first?
Information Theory?
DNA/RNA?
Genetics - mutations?
Cosmology?
Geology?
I don't think anyone on the evolution side has ever said that they cannot defend a point. Sometimes the claims of various creationists is so foolish that a basic class in science is recommended for them.

What part of the theory of evolution don't you understand?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#93386 Jun 19, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I can and do have it both ways. I believe we do all know oneself, just as early philosophers said. You know you don't have a soul and I do know I do have a soul. Atheist are against inspiration. I wouldn't desire to be in an atheist ran country, and obviously you choose not to either. For an agnostic to try to recruit a gnostic. That is as backwards as it gets.
Don't confuse simultaneity with duplicity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 min Poppyann 2,216
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Northbound 56,805
it's the color yellow 6 min andet1987 88
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 10 min Crystal_Clear722 7,197
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 20 min Phaerae 16,176
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 35 min Princess Hey 3,208
One Word (Jan '09) 47 min Poppyann 16,276
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 47 min Grey Daze 192,793
True False Game (Jun '11) 3 hr Poppyann 12,396
News Man arrested after 'putting his PENIS on superm... 6 hr Spotted Girl 23