Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221445 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#93358 Jun 19, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I can and do have it both ways. I believe we do all know oneself, just as early philosophers said. You know you don't have a soul and I do know I do have a soul. Atheist are against inspiration. I wouldn't desire to be in an atheist ran country, and obviously you choose not to either. For an agnostic to try to recruit a gnostic. That is as backwards as it gets.
What does your soul look like and where do you keep it? Is is red and sparkly like mine?

Level 9

#93359 Jun 19, 2013
Zombie Corpse Rental wrote:
<quoted text>"Atheist are against inspiration."
All Christians hate chocolate.
See? Anyone can make stupid, sweeping indictments of groups of people.
It's easy. That's why it's done by stupid people.
We get a lot of that here.

What is the rental on them zombies?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#93360 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did this singularity come from?
Was it somewhere else or as you stated did it manifest it self out of nothing?
If so how?
Where is the testable scientific data on this?
Name calling doesn't get you from Nothing to everything, science can't get you there either.
It's not likely that you have the capacity much less the ability to solve the cosmological argument, which is by all intents and purpose irrelevant to understanding everything else in the universe.
I have already told you from a scientific perspective the concept of the "ground state" And a "potential".
The singularity came from the potential within the ground state.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93361 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The point I'm discussing with them has no facts but they believe it does.
As in.
Their 3 BIG Myths:
1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.
2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.
3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.
And when I snap my fingers they will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.
"SNAP"
I figured that, I was just offering the scientific evidence that they always demand and watch them try to duck and dodge when it contradicts them.

Make sure you know what the answer is before you ask the question.

For example,

They will try to hide behind one of the multi-verse theories out, but all have been debunked, Penrose-Hawking tried justifying and gave up.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93362 Jun 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you already knew that Santa Clause has more factual basis than your proven false god...
why did you ask?
You are confused. Have you taken your meds today?

Now back to our conversation, you claimed there was evidence for Santa, can you present this evidence or are you just a lying piece of chit?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#93363 Jun 19, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I can and do have it both ways. I believe we do all know oneself, just as early philosophers said. You know you don't have a soul and I do know I do have a soul. Atheist are against inspiration. I wouldn't desire to be in an atheist ran country, and obviously you choose not to either. For an agnostic to try to recruit a gnostic. That is as backwards as it gets.
I said neither yea nor nay to the existence of a soul, but addiction is an evidenced condition - as are delusions, dementia and neuroses.
I don't greatly care what kind of country you would like to live in - this one has rules against religious tests for office, and has blatant violations of those rules. As the truism goes, it's hard to find an honest politician - maybe we'd do better to have a few more atheists who adhere to principles instead of the sanctimonious a-holes who just quote a Book about them.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#93364 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured that, I was just offering the scientific evidence that they always demand and watch them try to duck and dodge when it contradicts them.
For example,
They will try to hide behind one of the multi-verse theories out, but all have been debunked, Penrose-Hawking tried justifying and gave up.
Again,
Do you believe Genesis is a literal record of the origin of the Earth and mankind?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93365 Jun 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
...- maybe we'd do better to have a few more atheists who adhere to principles instead of the sanctimonious a-holes who just quote a Book about them.
Here is the problem your suggestion,

What principles would those be?
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#93366 Jun 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Satan was an angel for about 5000 years. You will find him in the book of Job. He was Adam, the son of God. Job 1:6.
Really?
Level 1

Location hidden

#93367 Jun 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you misread his post.
So if he's on "you're side" and he's wrong, he isn't wrong? If someone isn't on "you're side" and they are right does that mean they aren't right?

Maybe you are just misreading my post, eh?
Yup

Level 9

#93368 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
For example,
That is strange, because all the scientific evidence has and continues to support the theory of evolution. I wonder what you offered that was different?
Level 1

Location hidden

#93369 Jun 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>It's not likely that you have the capacity much less the ability to solve the cosmological argument, which is by all intents and purpose irrelevant to understanding everything else in the universe.
I have already told you from a scientific perspective the concept of the "ground state" And a "potential".
The singularity came from the potential within the ground state.
Ah. So you're in the camp that the universe always existed.
Level 1

Location hidden

#93370 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>I figured that, I was just offering the scientific evidence that they always demand and watch them try to duck and dodge when it contradicts them.

For example,

We've been through the multi-verse thing. See the universe is ALL matter, time, space and energy. So by definition multi-verses would have to be part of the universe.

Level 9

#93371 Jun 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you misread his post.
So if he's on "you're side" and he's wrong, he isn't wrong? If someone isn't on "you're side" and they are right does that mean they aren't right?
Maybe you are just misreading my post, eh?
No, that pretty much sums up what I have seen. If you have all the available evidence summarized and have made a logical and reasonable conclusion that is contrary to a strict biblical interpretation it is wrong by default. If you are as mad as a hatter and can neither interpret the evidence properly, tend to misrepresent what you do have or don't understand the evidence or the science at all while adhering to a steadfast and intractable interpretation of biblical creationism, you are always right.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#93372 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Yes. His name was changed to Satan (Santa) when he died and went to Heaven. This was to preserve his life, if you go to hell, which is what he deserved, you're history. He would be reincarnated and instead of the son, would be the father of God.(Father Christmas). He's the only one who could genetically bring Messiah/God into the world. It was always Gods' intent to live physically on earth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93373 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Hitler claimed to be a Christian too.
Oh and Satan is a angel.
Where did time come from?
Clearly Hitler was a Christian. Who did he go after? He went after Jews and atheists. He also went after one or two churches that openly opposed him, that obviously was not a religious difference.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93374 Jun 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again,
Do you believe Genesis is a literal record of the origin of the Earth and mankind?
Doesn't matter what I believe, what matters is what is true, correct?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93375 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been through the multi-verse thing. See the universe is ALL matter, time, space and energy. So by definition multi-verses would have to be part of the universe.
You should do some research in dimensional theory.

Level 9

#93376 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter what I believe, what matters is what is true, correct?
The physical evidence doesn't support the story in Genesis.

Level 9

#93377 Jun 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly Hitler was a Christian. Who did he go after? He went after Jews and atheists. He also went after one or two churches that openly opposed him, that obviously was not a religious difference.
Wasn't Hitler a Catholic, but not a fully practicing one. In any event he wasn't an atheist. No matter how much the creationist keep clicking their ruby slippers together, they can't wish the facts into the corn field.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 1 min Boink face 7,090
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 min Boink face 2,551
What does it mean when a man invites you out fo... (Aug '10) 4 min Boink face 186
Word Association (Mar '10) 5 min Brandiiiiiiii 22,208
Word Association (Jun '10) 5 min Brandiiiiiiii 32,369
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 6 min Brandiiiiiiii 49,336
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 6 min Boink face 4,065
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Boink face 217,102
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Deer Whisperer 75,253
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 4 hr twowheelsforever 17,211
More from around the web