Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171708 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93281 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do you have to be told. Science has been around a heck of a lot longer than the ToE. Science does not need ToE. ToE needs science! Science can survive without ToE but ToE cannot survive without science.
Just because you wish it, it does not make it so my bitch.

Now if you want to discuss evolution I would be more than happy to do so. But seriously we all know that you don't have the brains to follow a slug.

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#93282 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text> You should slow down and keep track of who is making what argument...just an fyi.
If time was not a physical property then acceleration and mass would have no effect on time, but we know it does.
Time is not a physical property, it is an abstract dimension of mathematical construct.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93283 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
OH YES. It is on youtube and that is what the evoturds call evidence. Enough said. LMMFAO
There actually are videos on YouTube worth watching. It is not all cats and kids on the way home from the dentist these days.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#93284 Jun 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you wish it, it does not make it so my bitch.
Now if you want to discuss evolution I would be more than happy to do so. But seriously we all know that you don't have the brains to follow a slug.
Two simple question SucTheBone;

Which has been around longer, Science or the ToE?

Does Science need ToE or does ToE need Science?

Don't babble and/or dance around the questions. Just answer them!

Level 5

#93285 Jun 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There actually are videos on YouTube worth watching. It is not all cats and kids on the way home from the dentist these days.
I saw Superman, Spiderman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman on YouTube also with my little nephew. I guess they are true too. LMMFAO

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93286 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered this incredibly stupid question.

Now if you want the level of science before the theory of evolution came along you will have to give up all modern conveniences.

Since the Theory of Evolution is part of science then science obviously needs it. Do you need your heart? It is only part of you? Do you need your lungs? They are only part of you. Do you need your brain... oops my bad. Wrong question for you my bitch.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93287 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw Superman, Spiderman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman on YouTube also with my little nephew. I guess they are true too. LMMFAO
Yes, some of us can tell the difference between reality and fantasy. I am sorry that my bitch does not have that ability.

Level 5

#93288 Jun 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered this incredibly stupid question.
Now if you want the level of science before the theory of evolution came along you will have to give up all modern conveniences.
Since the Theory of Evolution is part of science then science obviously needs it. Do you need your heart? It is only part of you? Do you need your lungs? They are only part of you. Do you need your brain... oops my bad. Wrong question for you my bitch.
AHH yes I can see where ToE, "apes to man" has brought us TV, Cars, Jets, Phones, Computers, Rockets, ect ect. Apedidit

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93289 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
AHH yes I can see where ToE, "apes to man" has brought us TV, Cars, Jets, Phones, Computers, Rockets, ect ect. Apedidit
Science and technology has brought us that. And yes, my bitch, evolution is an important part of that science and technology.

Did you know that you are dependent on the Theory of Evolution every day? A product that you use every day is dependent upon the theory of evolution. Let's see if you can guess it.

Level 5

#93290 Jun 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Science and technology has brought us that. And yes, my bitch, evolution is an important part of that science and technology.
Did you know that you are dependent on the Theory of Evolution every day? A product that you use every day is dependent upon the theory of evolution. Let's see if you can guess it.
Tie those running shoes tight. Again I have you running back and forth between 4 rooms. LMMFAO Come get the cheese little mouse pusssseeee bicth.

Level 5

#93291 Jun 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your theory and your guessing and shove it up your asssss,,,,, wait you can't because that is where your head is. LMAO

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93292 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Tie those running shoes tight. Again I have you running back and forth between 4 rooms. LMMFAO Come get the cheese little mouse pusssseeee bicth.
Nope, idiot. I am in one room.

OH wait. I keep forgetting that you have a rather low two digit IQ. No, going from thread to thread is no difficulty for me.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#93293 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
First, all I have read from you is assertions.
So which of your claims do you want to defend first?
23% of Swedes believe in a God

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_...

Sweden ranks 8th in the world for income equality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...

Sweden ranks 4th lowest in the world for corruption

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2012/results

Sweden ranks 4th equal in the world for life expectancy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...

Sweden ranks second in the world for Happiness:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/28/worl...

Not bad for a country where only 23% of people claim to believe in God! Rather shows up the usual caricature of "atheists" as miserable, wretched, corrupt, people.

And for good measure, you will find that other countries at the low end of God belief such as Norway, Finland, Holland, Denmark, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Sth Korea, Taiwan, all have similarly impressive statistics.

Level 6

Location hidden

#93295 Jun 19, 2013
I forgot to mention...Sweden also ranks 3rd highest in acceptance of evolution at over 80%.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/bigph...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93297 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are in a forum. Each thread is also referred to as a room. And this is the 3rd room I have got you to run to in the last few minutes by making the little pusssseeee mouse chase the cheese. LMMFAO
I have been on forums for years and have never heard threads referred to as "rooms". Are you sure that this is not a bit of your own idiocy?

So my bitch, how does it feel letting everyone know on all of these threads that you are my bitch.

Everyone knows that I don't run away from a fight. That is clearly you my bitch. That is another reason that you are my bitch.

Thanks for the continued tribute from my bitch!

Level 6

Location hidden

#93298 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Science does not require any particular theory. It provides a framework that supports theories meeting the criteria of the scientific method, which is senior to any particular finding.

The scientific method favours theories that successfully explain what is observed while making accurate and testable predictions about what else will be observed when we go looking for it.

For example, when Darwin proposed that humans evolved from apes, there was not a single human fossil to support it, but he predicted that they would be found. Since then, we have found a whole continuum of fossils from early bipedal apes to humans.

For example:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/compare....

That is just one of many successful predictions and lines of evidence supporting evolution.

Science will continue to support evolution as long as evolution explains what is observed and its predictions are confirmed by physical evidence.

If you want to criticise evolution, you have to either

1. come up with a testable explanation that works better

OR

2. find evidence that evolution cannot explain

OR

3. successfully overturn the scientific method.

Good luck with that.

Level 5

#93299 Jun 19, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Science does not require any particular theory. It provides a framework that supports theories meeting the criteria of the scientific method, which is senior to any particular finding.
The scientific method favours theories that successfully explain what is observed while making accurate and testable predictions about what else will be observed when we go looking for it.
For example, when Darwin proposed that humans evolved from apes, there was not a single human fossil to support it, but he predicted that they would be found. Since then, we have found a whole continuum of fossils from early bipedal apes to humans.
For example:
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/compare....
That is just one of many successful predictions and lines of evidence supporting evolution.
Science will continue to support evolution as long as evolution explains what is observed and its predictions are confirmed by physical evidence.
If you want to criticise evolution, you have to either
1. come up with a testable explanation that works better
OR
2. find evidence that evolution cannot explain
OR
3. successfully overturn the scientific method.
Good luck with that.
AGAIN: Two simple question;

Level 6

Location hidden

#93300 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer as I did your same question on the other thread:

Wrong question. Evolution is a theory, part of the science called biology. Geology etc are branches of science, not theories.

Biology is as old as geology or physics.

The ToE is older than several theories of other sciences such as Tectonic drift, Big Bang, Quantum Theory, and Relativity. Its about the same age as the Periodic Table of chemistry. Its younger than Newtonian mechanics.

So what is your point?

Level 6

Location hidden

#93301 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And I already answered your second question, very clearly.

Once again for the slow student: Science does not "need" ToE or any other particular scientific theory. Science i.e. the scientific method, is senior to any particular theory.

That is not dancing, that is directly answering your question.

Level 5

#93302 Jun 19, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer as I did your same question on the other thread:
Wrong question. Evolution is a theory, part of the science called biology. Geology etc are branches of science, not theories.
Biology is as old as geology or physics.
The ToE is older than several theories of other sciences such as Tectonic drift, Big Bang, Quantum Theory, and Relativity. Its about the same age as the Periodic Table of chemistry. Its younger than Newtonian mechanics.
So what is your point?
Ok. I will break it down to one simple question that maybe you will have the courage to answer.

It does not get any simpler than that. Just answer no babbling BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to recover deleted data from .Android ? 11 min shuiguobaobei 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min wichita-rick 167,081
*Classical music Thread* 25 min wichita-rick 50
Word Association (Mar '10) 58 min Princess Hey 17,640
Word Association (Jun '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 28,432
Brand LV bedding sets NiCE sheets on line 1 hr Ominy 1
any word you want to say (Dec '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 8,227
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr middleman1 29,513
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 12,670
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 2 hr andet1987 132