Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216925 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#93291 Jun 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Science and technology has brought us that. And yes, my bitch, evolution is an important part of that science and technology.
Did you know that you are dependent on the Theory of Evolution every day? A product that you use every day is dependent upon the theory of evolution. Let's see if you can guess it.
Take your theory and your guessing and shove it up your asssss,,,,, wait you can't because that is where your head is. LMAO

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93292 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Tie those running shoes tight. Again I have you running back and forth between 4 rooms. LMMFAO Come get the cheese little mouse pusssseeee bicth.
Nope, idiot. I am in one room.

OH wait. I keep forgetting that you have a rather low two digit IQ. No, going from thread to thread is no difficulty for me.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#93293 Jun 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
First, all I have read from you is assertions.
So which of your claims do you want to defend first?
23% of Swedes believe in a God

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_...

Sweden ranks 8th in the world for income equality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...

Sweden ranks 4th lowest in the world for corruption

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2012/results

Sweden ranks 4th equal in the world for life expectancy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...

Sweden ranks second in the world for Happiness:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/28/worl...

Not bad for a country where only 23% of people claim to believe in God! Rather shows up the usual caricature of "atheists" as miserable, wretched, corrupt, people.

And for good measure, you will find that other countries at the low end of God belief such as Norway, Finland, Holland, Denmark, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Sth Korea, Taiwan, all have similarly impressive statistics.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#93295 Jun 19, 2013
I forgot to mention...Sweden also ranks 3rd highest in acceptance of evolution at over 80%.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/bigph...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93297 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are in a forum. Each thread is also referred to as a room. And this is the 3rd room I have got you to run to in the last few minutes by making the little pusssseeee mouse chase the cheese. LMMFAO
I have been on forums for years and have never heard threads referred to as "rooms". Are you sure that this is not a bit of your own idiocy?

So my bitch, how does it feel letting everyone know on all of these threads that you are my bitch.

Everyone knows that I don't run away from a fight. That is clearly you my bitch. That is another reason that you are my bitch.

Thanks for the continued tribute from my bitch!

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#93298 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Two simple question SucTheBone;
Which has been around longer, Science or the ToE?
Does Science need ToE or does ToE need Science?
Don't babble and/or dance around the questions. Just answer them!
Science does not require any particular theory. It provides a framework that supports theories meeting the criteria of the scientific method, which is senior to any particular finding.

The scientific method favours theories that successfully explain what is observed while making accurate and testable predictions about what else will be observed when we go looking for it.

For example, when Darwin proposed that humans evolved from apes, there was not a single human fossil to support it, but he predicted that they would be found. Since then, we have found a whole continuum of fossils from early bipedal apes to humans.

For example:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/compare....

That is just one of many successful predictions and lines of evidence supporting evolution.

Science will continue to support evolution as long as evolution explains what is observed and its predictions are confirmed by physical evidence.

If you want to criticise evolution, you have to either

1. come up with a testable explanation that works better

OR

2. find evidence that evolution cannot explain

OR

3. successfully overturn the scientific method.

Good luck with that.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#93299 Jun 19, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Science does not require any particular theory. It provides a framework that supports theories meeting the criteria of the scientific method, which is senior to any particular finding.
The scientific method favours theories that successfully explain what is observed while making accurate and testable predictions about what else will be observed when we go looking for it.
For example, when Darwin proposed that humans evolved from apes, there was not a single human fossil to support it, but he predicted that they would be found. Since then, we have found a whole continuum of fossils from early bipedal apes to humans.
For example:
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/compare....
That is just one of many successful predictions and lines of evidence supporting evolution.
Science will continue to support evolution as long as evolution explains what is observed and its predictions are confirmed by physical evidence.
If you want to criticise evolution, you have to either
1. come up with a testable explanation that works better
OR
2. find evidence that evolution cannot explain
OR
3. successfully overturn the scientific method.
Good luck with that.
AGAIN: Two simple question;
Which has been around longer, Science or the ToE?
Does Science need ToE or does ToE need Science?
Don't babble and/or dance around the questions. Just answer them!

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#93300 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN: Two simple question;
Which has been around longer, Science or the ToE?
Does Science need ToE or does ToE need Science?
Don't babble and/or dance around the questions. Just answer them!
I will answer as I did your same question on the other thread:

Wrong question. Evolution is a theory, part of the science called biology. Geology etc are branches of science, not theories.

Biology is as old as geology or physics.

The ToE is older than several theories of other sciences such as Tectonic drift, Big Bang, Quantum Theory, and Relativity. Its about the same age as the Periodic Table of chemistry. Its younger than Newtonian mechanics.

So what is your point?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#93301 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN: Two simple question;
Which has been around longer, Science or the ToE?
Does Science need ToE or does ToE need Science?
Don't babble and/or dance around the questions. Just answer them!
And I already answered your second question, very clearly.

Once again for the slow student: Science does not "need" ToE or any other particular scientific theory. Science i.e. the scientific method, is senior to any particular theory.

That is not dancing, that is directly answering your question.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#93302 Jun 19, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer as I did your same question on the other thread:
Wrong question. Evolution is a theory, part of the science called biology. Geology etc are branches of science, not theories.
Biology is as old as geology or physics.
The ToE is older than several theories of other sciences such as Tectonic drift, Big Bang, Quantum Theory, and Relativity. Its about the same age as the Periodic Table of chemistry. Its younger than Newtonian mechanics.
So what is your point?
Ok. I will break it down to one simple question that maybe you will have the courage to answer.

Does Science need ToE or does ToE need Science?

It does not get any simpler than that. Just answer no babbling BS.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#93303 Jun 19, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I already answered your second question, very clearly.
Once again for the slow student: Science does not "need" ToE or any other particular scientific theory. Science i.e. the scientific method, is senior to any particular theory.
That is not dancing, that is directly answering your question.
And my point is this should be your only answer "Science does not "need" ToE". End of story

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#93304 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And my point is this should be your only answer "Science does not "need" ToE". End of story
Well almost.

Science would then have to find another comprehensive theory explaining the fossil record and other parts of biology, which was consistent with all the evidence and made successful testable predictions.

Nobody has done that yet, so the ToE stands. Its passed every test for 150 years with minor modification. It "needs science" to confirm it, and so far, all of science has, in every other field.

So really, again, do you have a point, other than the obvious one that biology rests on the more basic sciences, which nobody argued with anyway?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#93305 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. I will break it down to one simple question that maybe you will have the courage to answer.
Does Science need ToE or does ToE need Science?
It does not get any simpler than that. Just answer no babbling BS.
Is your requirement for simplistic answers merely a reflection of your own mental ability? We see that frequently around here among the critics of evolution.

Once again. Science does not "need" ToE or any other particular scientific theory.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93306 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so infatuated with leprechauns? You always talk about them. Have you seen them and are looking for proof of them or have you just done to many bad drugs?
Because leprechauns are more believable than your god.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#93307 Jun 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You can object all you want, it doesn't change the fact that it is the
best explanation of the facts. You have no explanation, so your point is
moot. The only people who find it "controversial" are uneducated morons
who never looked at the evidence.
Likewise.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93308 Jun 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN: Two simple question;
Which has been around longer, Science or the ToE?
Does Science need ToE or does ToE need Science?
Don't babble and/or dance around the questions. Just answer them!
Actually, the theory of evolution began before the scientific method was devised and applied to matters of the natural world.

However, medical science today does depend on the theory of evolution.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93309 Jun 19, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise.
Not even close. You have presented no evidence of your god, or that any god has had a hand in the universe at any point. There is more evidence for the theory of evolution than there is for gravity.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#93310 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolt!
If there was not drugs there would be no mules. That's my point!
There will always be drugs. Duh.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#93311 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know where it (Time) came from if you point you finger at Christians and claim God is a Myth. You must know everything to make this statement.
You claim you don't believe in myths but then you claim to believe in the Big Bang yet now you claim you don't know where time came from. What about matter? Space? Energy? But you believe in the Big Bang, it's your faith.
You might note at this point that it was a *Christian*, a Belgian priest naems Georges LemaƮtre, that proposed the big bang (though that was not his name for it but rather from a smart ass remark by Fred "747" Hoyle).

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#93312 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
What? You've got to be kidding? Right?
What a DOLT.
Hey, he's on your side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 4 min Old Sam 5,876
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 6 min Old Sam 16,879
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 9 min Old Sam 32,279
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 9 min SUG here 35,668
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min beatlesinthebog 22,237
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 10 min Old Sam 12,814
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 11 min Old Sam 83,179
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 33 min Gunthram 207,209
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 50 min 8541 MARINE 67,268
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Majority should rule 2,480
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr beatlesinthebog 10,652
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 5 hr Lelouch0 1,525
More from around the web