Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#93233 Jun 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know and I don't really care. You might want to ask a physicist this question. They may be able to give you an answer.

At any rate it is a stupid question because it in no way proves your point. We don't know yet in now way means "God did it".
You must know where it (Time) came from if you point you finger at Christians and claim God is a Myth. You must know everything to make this statement.
You claim you don't believe in myths but then you claim to believe in the Big Bang yet now you claim you don't know where time came from. What about matter? Space? Energy? But you believe in the Big Bang, it's your faith.
Level 1

Location hidden

#93234 Jun 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Typos upon typos.

At any rate it is a stupid question. It in no way proves your point. "We don't know yet" does not translate to "God did it."
It does translate to your myth is NOT on solid footings.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93235 Jun 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that an answer fool?
May I refer everyone back to the answer you provided to the question?...and I'm the fool, ok snack shack.
Level 1

Location hidden

#93236 Jun 18, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>Another idiot and a coward.

The answer is, time is a physical property. Now you know!
What? You've got to be kidding? Right?

What a DOLT.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93237 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
What? You've got to be kidding? Right?
What a DOLT.
Time is a physical property. What part of that do you not understand, pee wee?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#93238 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
It does translate to your myth is NOT on solid footings.
Nope. I have no myth. I have science on my side. It is based on evidence, not nonsense written by a bunch of bronze age sheep herders.

We answer what we can and say "I don't know" for what we don't know. We don't make things up. That is what your side does.

You cannot touch the science of the theory of evolution. Odds are that you don't even know hos science works.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93239 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know where it (Time) came from if you point you finger at Christians and claim God is a Myth. You must know everything to make this statement.
You claim you don't believe in myths but then you claim to believe in the Big Bang yet now you claim you don't know where time came from. What about matter? Space? Energy? But you believe in the Big Bang, it's your faith.
Incorrect. We know your god is a myth the same way we know leprechauns are myths.
Level 1

Location hidden

#93240 Jun 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you don't care about reality.
You're an idiot and a coward.

Quack Quack
Level 1

Location hidden

#93241 Jun 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. I have no myth. I have science on my side. It is based on evidence, not nonsense written by a bunch of bronze age sheep herders.

We answer what we can and say "I don't know" for what we don't know. We don't make things up. That is what your side does.

You cannot touch the science of the theory of evolution. Odds are that you don't even know hos science works.
" I have science on my side"

Can I see the testability of where Time came from?

Science --- LMAO
Level 1

Location hidden

#93242 Jun 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Incorrect. We know your god is a myth the same way we know leprechauns are myths.
So you don't know then. Got it

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93243 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did time come from?
time is not separate from space. it came from the same place space came from.

and that would not be from nothing as you have stated so many time before and it wasn't an explosion...Subduction Zone has your level of scientific understanding down pretty well...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93244 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
" I have science on my side"
Can I see the testability of where Time came from?
Science --- LMAO
Once again idiot, we don't know yet in no way implies god. It is not a weakness to admit when you don't know something, it is a strength.

I do know one thing, there is no evidence for your god anywhere.

Without evidence you lose.

Seriously I have a question for you. It is best if you think about it for a week or two. You don't believe in Santa Claus, I hope. Why not? It is a silly story. There is no evidence of it. It is a a very nice story yet you still don't believe it. Now look at your religious beliefs. I am sure it seems like a very nice story to you. But there is no evidence that supports it.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93245 Jun 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I have no myth. I have science on my side. It is based on evidence, not nonsense written by a bunch of bronze age sheep herders.
This from someone that doesn't even understand time is a physical property, ignorant.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93246 Jun 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. We know your god is a myth the same way we know leprechauns are myths.
This from someone that doesn't even understand time is a physical property, ignorant.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93247 Jun 18, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>This from someone that doesn't even understand time is a physical property, ignorant.
ummm...it is space-time, might want to tone down the calls of ignorant until you can actually use the correct terms for what you are attempting to talk a about...

lest you look even more foolish....

Level 9

Everett, WA

#93248 Jun 18, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
You are only spewing nonsense that you do not understand.
Level 1

Location hidden

#93249 Jun 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Once again idiot, we don't know yet in no way implies god. It is not a weakness to admit when you don't know something, it is a strength.

I do know one thing, there is no evidence for your god anywhere.

Without evidence you lose.

Seriously I have a question for you. It is best if you think about it for a week or two. You don't believe in Santa Claus, I hope. Why not? It is a silly story. There is no evidence of it. It is a a very nice story yet you still don't believe it. Now look at your religious beliefs. I am sure it seems like a very nice story to you. But there is no evidence that supports it.
Really? No sh:t Sherlock. Boy your so bright I bet your mommy called you sun.

Lets sum this up. You call my belief in a creator a myth. Yet You believe in the Big Bang. Where there was NOTHING then there was everything. No amount of science can ever get you from NOTHING to today. Impossible!

I see now why you're an atheist, it's because you believe in NOTHING.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#93250 Jun 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are only spewing nonsense that you do not understand.
Show me then, coward.

This from someone that doesn't even understand time is a physical property, very ignorant.
Level 1

Location hidden

#93251 Jun 18, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>This from someone that doesn't even understand time is a physical property, ignorant.
Can you please wipe that brown sh:t off you nose?

What a DOLT!
I never asked what time is DOLT!
I asked where did it come from.

Answer? Didn't think so.
Level 1

Location hidden

#93252 Jun 18, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
"The worthiness of Einstein's conclusions hinge on one question: Is time physical? The answer is no. Time is immaterial.2 I know this because all physical things have physical properties: chemical composition, weight, height, etc. How much does time weigh? What is its chemical composition? Such questions are absurd when applied to time. Time does not weigh anything and is not composed of chemicals because time is not a physical substance possessing physical properties that can be measured and dissected. To think of time as a physical substance is to commit the categorical fallacy; i.e. confusing one category of existence/thought with another. It is like trying to look at man's soul through a microscope! It simply cannot be done. Time is not physical."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Mar '10) 7 min beatlesinafog 17,089
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min beatlesinafog 10,875
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 42 min beatlesinafog 56,667
Write sentences with the first letter following... 45 min Hoosier Hillbilly 60
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 45 min beatlesinafog 4,867
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 hr Mr_FX 8,126
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 1 hr Mr_FX 2,520
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 161,756
News Baltimore Mom Catches Her Son Rioting, Beats Hi... 6 hr Enzo49 165
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 8 hr Duh 28,972