Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201053 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#93053 Jun 17, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>One wonders whether Robert has ever heard of, say, Sweden...
It is a mightily ponderable question

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#93054 Jun 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Don't let this moron bother you. This is the stalker I was telling you about the other day. She claims to be a prison proctologist at a Missouri state prison, but she only works for salad dressing.
Anyway, she stalked me over here from an obscure Missouri political thread and likes looking stupid to a bigger audience, so she posts here from time to time. She doesn't post anything intelligent, but it is sometimes so ridiculous it is funny. Mostly she just yammers on about how stupid everyone else is.
Hey, thanks for bring her along, Dan. We were running dangerously short on arrogant idiots.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93055 Jun 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said. If you based a criminal case on what science sees as evidence no one would ever be found guilty because "scientific evidence of evolution" is not based on facts.
There are no facts in evolution evidence. It is all theory
Yes there are -

Fact: things evolve, their DNA is different from the parent organisms.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#93056 Jun 17, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, thanks for bring her along, Dan. We were running dangerously short on arrogant idiots.
Maybe so, but dammitall - arguing with one is like playing with a yo-yo on a spring. It takes no skill and gets boring immediately.

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#93059 Jun 17, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do you, pal.
Never wanted to, Thank God you guys are just what you are. You'll never have it the way you want to. In America.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93060 Jun 17, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Never wanted to, Thank God you guys are just what you are. You'll never have it the way you want to. In America.
Let's see, black people are now treated equally, so we got what we wanted there. Women can now vote and own property, we got what we wanted there. Now even gay people are being treated more equally by the laws each year, we're getting what we want there. People who follow superstitious nonsense taught by religion is declining, we're getting what we want there too. Seems you are just scared.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#93062 Jun 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, black people are now treated equally, so we got what we wanted there. Women can now vote and own property, we got what we wanted there. Now even gay people are being treated more equally by the laws each year, we're getting what we want there. People who follow superstitious nonsense taught by religion is declining, we're getting what we want there too. Seems you are just scared.
WOW!!!! Evolution has done all that. Three cheers for the ape. Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! LMAO

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93063 Jun 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!!! Evolution has done all that. Three cheers for the ape. Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! LMAO
Actually, it has. We have evolved better ethics as a species, way better than any religious doctrine.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#93064 Jun 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it has. We have evolved better ethics as a species, way better than any religious doctrine.
So evolution is responsible for all the illegal drugs, all the gangs and gang killings, all the school shootings, all the new diseases, all the homeless, all the hungry in the world, all government corruption, all the pollution, all the garbage we throw all over earth, all the taxes, all the animals that have gone extinct due to man, all the-the list goes on and on. Because you can't blame that on religion.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93065 Jun 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So evolution is responsible for all the illegal drugs, all the gangs and gang killings, all the school shootings, all the new diseases, all the homeless, all the hungry in the world, all government corruption, all the pollution, all the garbage we throw all over earth, all the taxes, all the animals that have gone extinct due to man, all the-the list goes on and on. Because you can't blame that on religion.
Actually, that can be blamed on religion.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#93066 Jun 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that can be blamed on religion.
You just proved how much of an evoturd idiot you are. Evolution has caused all that. It all has got worse over time. Now on the other things you spoke of religion had a big hand in making all that happen. You have it all backwards.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#93067 Jun 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved how much of an evoturd idiot you are. Evolution has caused all that. It all has got worse over time. Now on the other things you spoke of religion had a big hand in making all that happen. You have it all backwards.
Except for the gay things for religion does put that down. But by doing that they are judging and are being blind to their own wrong of judging. A sin is a sin even if you sin differently than someone else does.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93068 Jun 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved how much of an evoturd idiot you are. Evolution has caused all that. It all has got worse over time. Now on the other things you spoke of religion had a big hand in making all that happen. You have it all backwards.
Um, well I was just trying to be funny, but now you make an assertion that proves you deny reality. Things have only been getting better over time, and a lot has improved in the last 30 years alone. War is at an all time low, violence in most countries has declined and continues to decline. Illegal drug use in the US is down. So you just turned my dry joke into an opportunity for you to look a fool.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#93069 Jun 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it has. We have evolved better ethics as a species, way better than any religious doctrine.
really??....what planet do you live on?...lol

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#93070 Jun 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, well I was just trying to be funny, but now you make an assertion that proves you deny reality. Things have only been getting better over time, and a lot has improved in the last 30 years alone. War is at an all time low, violence in most countries has declined and continues to decline. Illegal drug use in the US is down. So you just turned my dry joke into an opportunity for you to look a fool.
War is avoided from fear of total destruction.

I will give you that the surveys say illegal drug use is down but do you really believe people answer those truthfully? I hope you are not that naive. You think Drug use is down - Tell that to the 50,000 killed in Mexico in 5 years over drugs.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93071 Jun 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
War is avoided from fear of total destruction.
I will give you that the surveys say illegal drug use is down but do you really believe people answer those truthfully? I hope you are not that naive. You think Drug use is down - Tell that to the 50,000 killed in Mexico in 5 years over drugs.
Most of the surveys are from the DOC and they can't make money without the numbers going up. So yeah, you just don't look for the sources.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#93072 Jun 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
War is avoided from fear of total destruction.
I will give you that the surveys say illegal drug use is down but do you really believe people answer those truthfully? I hope you are not that naive. You think Drug use is down - Tell that to the 50,000 killed in Mexico in 5 years over drugs.
You really are as clueless as you claim to be aren't you.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#93073 Jun 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You really are as clueless as you claim to be aren't you.
I like him demonstrating what a total fool he is, it will show kids why they don't want to be religious nuts.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#93074 Jun 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So evolution is responsible for all the illegal drugs, all the gangs and gang killings, all the school shootings, all the new diseases, all the homeless, all the hungry in the world, all government corruption, all the pollution, all the garbage we throw all over earth, all the taxes, all the animals that have gone extinct due to man, all the-the list goes on and on. Because you can't blame that on religion.
You have done it now. You have shown us that you are a COMPLETE IDIOT.

You have a mix of things that have causes tethered in behavior, culture (including religion), population biology, law, and yes, evolution in so much as it drove the development of the species that carries out these conditions. But you don't have the depth of perception to understand what you are saying do you. Evolution is a natural process while religion is a cultural construct of man. In the end, mankind is responsible for much of what you describe and by extension our religious institutions are likewise to blame.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#93075 Jun 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the surveys are from the DOC and they can't make money without the numbers going up. So yeah, you just don't look for the sources.
DOC? What DOC are you speaking of? The only DOC I heard of is the Department of Corrections. And if they do the survey it has to been done on parolees and/or inmates. Like I said do you think they would tell if they were using drugs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 3 min Flower-Child 24,520
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 5 min Enzo49 8,465
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 15 min Princess Hey 145,975
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Camilla 194,170
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 21 min Princess Hey 13,429
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 25 min We Are Almost There 7,977
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 28 min We Are Almost There 3,451
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Denny CranesPlace 58,052
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 13 hr Family man 145
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 14 hr Jack 7,790
More from around the web