Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,395)

Showing posts 87,881 - 87,900 of111,633
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
no I mean if we were vegetarian we wouldn't get sick as much.
Nonsense. Meat is good for you. Just remember to cook it properly and you should be fine. Also remember that eating too much of ANYTHING is never a good thing, plus also the same with drowning your meat in fat and oil obviously.
Dinoeater wrote:
and lets not forget we did not have many STD's until recently because of homosexuality and adultery. but I guess people try to forget and make excuses.
Memory is not the problem here. The fact is that ALL STD's are endemic to BOTH heterosexual and homosexual relationships, adulterous or not. Practising safe sex is the key. But the problem is that fundies are also anti-sex education and so do not teach about protection and promote abstinence only policies which have been demonstrated not to work.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
no he's waiting for more people to know the truth he wants all of us to be saved but because of our hard hardheadedness it's taking a long time.*sigh*
Right. And at no time could the POWER OF GOD intervene and convince everyone on the planet in one swoop. Sounds like a right wuss if you ask me.(shrug)
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
This does not address it. Not being a slave of human beings doesn't get us out of being slaves for God. Hence the old rules still apply.
At BEST this would only show that the Bible is good at contradicting itself again, such as the Earth being a flat square circle.
The whole picture doesn't matter when it conflicts with reality and you just choose which bits of the picture you like anyway.
we are not slaves we can chose to follow god or not we have the decision. and for those who don't know about the bible they will be judged accordingly.
and flat square circle what?
well then I'm lucky it doesn't conflict with reality since it is reality.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
nope because god inspired the people to write it. although the modern translations are a different story. someone is messing with our bibles!
And your evidence for this nonsensical claim is?

“What's your story? Nevermind.”

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

none of my business.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just assertions, where is the evidence supporting these? I know, there isn't any. The numbers show otherwise, and there is no connection between religion and suicide. Now, why don't you ever post any actual evidence when you claim to have it?
Here are a few links Kitty.
http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx...
http://www.gallup.com/poll/108625/More-Religi...
Now you say "The numbers show otherwise, and there is no connection between religion and suicide". So step up to the plate and show that evidence.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
nope because god inspired the people to write it.
So you claim.

But it doesn't matter, since the human factor will be a problem God inspired or no.
Dinoeater wrote:
although the modern translations are a different story. someone is messing with our bibles!
Not just modern translations, ANY translation. And problem is no-one has access to the original anymore. All that's left is a scrap of cloth the size of your hand. Then add to that you're not able to read the original language anyway.

Hence why all you know is the modern version, complete with all its mistakes such as Adam and Eve, talking lizards and donkeys, plants before sun, global flood and flat square circular Earth.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

let me just use your scientific method to prove the bible right.
*ahem*
If a worldwide Sunday law is put in place then the bible is correct.
there!
now if this comes true I am right. Gee Hee
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Meat is good for you. Just remember to cook it properly and you should be fine. Also remember that eating too much of ANYTHING is never a good thing, plus also the same with drowning your meat in fat and oil obviously.
<quoted text>
Memory is not the problem here. The fact is that ALL STD's are endemic to BOTH heterosexual and homosexual relationships, adulterous or not. Practising safe sex is the key. But the problem is that fundies are also anti-sex education and so do not teach about protection and promote abstinence only policies which have been demonstrated not to work.
I've been wanting to ask this question for a long time what are fundies?
and also my religion is not anti-sex. we do not beleive it is wrong. after all it is god who created male and female and told us to go out and "multiply" if you know what I mean.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The structural integrity of their heads is irrelevant to the fact the Bible supports slavery. It did then, it does now, it will in the future.
Gravity (and concrete) challenged the structural integrity of my skull just yesterday.

But that's probably irrelevant.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to mention
Have you gotten sick this year?
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

wait why did it show twice? i'm pretty sure I didn't click it twice. cursed computer.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim.
But it doesn't matter, since the human factor will be a problem God inspired or no.
<quoted text>
Not just modern translations, ANY translation. And problem is no-one has access to the original anymore. All that's left is a scrap of cloth the size of your hand. Then add to that you're not able to read the original language anyway.
Hence why all you know is the modern version, complete with all its mistakes such as Adam and Eve, talking lizards and donkeys, plants before sun, global flood and flat square circular Earth.
no everything you mentioned there is from the old testament. the Jews have the original old testament.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
wait why did it show twice? i'm pretty sure I didn't click it twice. cursed computer.
Topix deletes duplicates. You can still see 'em, but nobody else can.
ALICIA BANKS

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

religion is blind faith

science is universally proven

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732805550/the-go...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
no I mean if we were vegetarian we wouldn't get sick as much. and lets not forget we did not have many STD's until recently because of homosexuality and adultery. but I guess people try to forget and make excuses.
Pffft! most vegetarians only last for a few years.

when are you refering to that we had fewer STDs? how does homosexuality cause STDs?

quite the fantasy world you have invented for yourself...
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Topix deletes duplicates. You can still see 'em, but nobody else can.
ah thanks im new here so i wouldn't know ha ha ha.(epic fail)
toddy

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Why does it always go to religion? Is evolutionism a religion now or what? It's almost as if they are trying to disprove creation rather than teach science. I don't think it disproves creation at all...I mean, someone/thing had to create this "tree of life" or "common ape-like ancestor" right? Or at least create the elements that set things into motion. Nothing evolves from nothing. Yes, you can quote me on that

You all do know that Darwin was a Christian, right? He even strengthened his faith in God after his research because it only proved to him that we humans know absolutely nothing on the grandest scale.

Why don't you all just tell the real truth and admit that you have no idea about where we came from? What does evolution prove?? Anything at all other than, things change when they have to? DUH! You call that a theory?
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

ALICIA BANKS wrote:
religion is blind faith
science is universally proven
http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732805550/the-go...
maybe in a parallel universe it is.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
ah thanks im new here so i wouldn't know ha ha ha.(epic fail)
Yer welcome.

Been there, done that.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Pffft! most vegetarians only last for a few years.
when are you refering to that we had fewer STDs? how does homosexuality cause STDs?
quite the fantasy world you have invented for yourself...
in my history class we were watching this video about america (i think it was the 80s) in one part it said that is type of std (forgot which one) first began with homosexuals and transexuals. I did not invent it if you want to complain to someone blame the public school and history.
oh and the only ones that last a few years are the ones doing it wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,881 - 87,900 of111,633
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••