Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,394)

Showing posts 87,861 - 87,880 of111,933
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have already seen all the claims, and since none of you ever come up with new ones, there is nothing to bother addressing. They have all been debunked, every one of them. Sorry, but without evidence no claim is even worth addressing, and you have no evidence.
how do you know if there are no new claims? if you have'nt checked. Don't judge a book by it's cover. at least watch the first video or part of it then we can talk.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
and also I haven't gotten sick all this year. almost did though thanks to bad water fountain that tasted like iron got a throat infection if I was a normal person eating all those junk foods, meat, etc. I probably would have gotten sick. this is good for me cause I hate going to the doctor. oh yeah on top of that I walked in the rain and snow all this year and nothing.
So many correlation to causation fallacies.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
really? cause I'm pretty sure its the other way around honest evolutionists become Christians. and most christians that turn atheist are probably catholic.
but I agree with you he was slightly misinformed what the theory says is that basically space was really tiny and then it expanded. for more info on bigbang and how it is wrong go here: http://amazingdiscoveries.org/C-deception_big...
Although SLIGHTLY better than your average creationist source it still misrepresents science (it is a creationist site after all). One example being dark matter, which they call a "fiddle factor", despite the fact the hypothesis makes successful calculations on the motions and positions of astronomical phenomena that Newtonian physics and relativity cannot account for. Yet the fundies rant against dark matter and not against Newton or Einstein.

And let's not forget what fundies put in place of anything we don't know yet - God of the gaps.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text> how do you know if there are no new claims? if you have'nt checked. Don't judge a book by it's cover. at least watch the first video or part of it then we can talk.
Because they are not new claims, if you cite the bibles then they are certainly not new, and there is no evidence supporting any of the new age garbage.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of those Christians become atheist probably because of the hell thing. But hell does not exist its a made up thing the catholic church invented. when a person dies they are dead as the saying goes "dead men tell no tales"
Now what do you mean i'm a fool if I think Christianity and evolution are incompatible? are you drunk? of course they are incompatible if you guys believe humans are decedents of monkeys and we believe that humans were created by god then its like pouring water into fire. ether the water evaporates or the fire extinguishes you can only have one or the other. and if you are talking about god creating animals and them evolving well now you are just pathetic. making up a fairytale just to satisfy both sides.
Not really, as your religion is just a fairy-tale to satisfy you.(shrug)

At least with theistic evolution, believers don't have to deny reality for the sake of their faith. The latter is what you do.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
well if you want to know I am seventh day Adventist.
Despite this, can I just say I applaud you for throwing Eugene Shubert out of your church? I don't blame you.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are an SDAer, then yes, by your own rules you are part of a cult.
<quoted text>
Um, your Bible has rules on how to treat slaves. If it did NOT support slavery it would have no such rules at all and say "Slavery is illegal, period!"
It doesn't.
Plus then there's: "Thou shalt have no other God before me!"
Bow to God or burn in hell. That's slavery. And there's no way out of it.
Those rules were for the people back then because they were hardheaded period!
and BIG mistake there is no such thing as hell i mentioned it before when you die you die. thats a catholic deception.
look here:
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_dea...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
well if you want to know I am seventh day Adventist.
and you didn't read the webpage I posted did you?
well the bible was stating laws that were in place back then. when Jesus was crucified those were no longer in effect heres a verse to prove it:
1 Corinthians 7:21-23
New International Version (NIV)
21 Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings.
If you don't know the bible then don't try to find fault in it. to know something you cannot look at one dot but look at the whole picture.
This does not address it. Not being a slave of human beings doesn't get us out of being slaves for God. Hence the old rules still apply.

At BEST this would only show that the Bible is good at contradicting itself again, such as the Earth being a flat square circle.

The whole picture doesn't matter when it conflicts with reality and you just choose which bits of the picture you like anyway.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah I agree with you here maybe in the past since it was different. but it cannot be allowed today whoever kills another person cannot be considered christian.
Oh right. So you CAN do it as often as you like really, you just need to repent later.
Dinoeater wrote:
Unless you repent and never do it again.
It's okay, just repent and everything will be fine.
Dinoeater wrote:
but that doesn't mean you can go and kill anybody you hate only if that person is trying to do harm to you or somebody else. but it is better if you try not to kill them.
Unless God commands it, such as all the genocide in the Bible.

However all this is irrelevant to the point that magical witches are not, will not be, and never were real.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are not new claims, if you cite the bibles then they are certainly not new, and there is no evidence supporting any of the new age garbage.
It is health. not new age. and he cites the bible only sometimes. so stop making excuses it's not about religion it's health. what are you so afraid that you were wrong don't worry we all make mistakes.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
First would it kill you to say hi?
O hai Dinoeater!
Dinoeater wrote:
second the bible is not wrong
Incorrect.
Dinoeater wrote:
also there are things wrong with your theories.
There's things wrong with every theory. Take evolution for example, it's only capable of predicting protein function to 96% accuracy using evolutionary algorithms (as opposed to invisible Jewmagic theory whose accuracy reaches heights of 0%).

However there are far less things wrong with currently accepted scientific theories than evangelists say there are. That's because fundies are liars for Jesus.
Dinoeater wrote:
you guys don't look directly at the bible if you did there wouldn't be worldwide sicknesses and many diseases that exist today would have been avoided if you guys actually studied it.
You mean where diseases are due to "sin", right? In the meantime science-based medicine has a far better track record than invisible Jew juice.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
you love the word hate don't you? we don't hate them we are just against their beliefs because they don't follow the bible. actually many christian religions don't follow the bible exactly either. they either beleive in futurism or preterism. but if we are talking about hate here you hate the bible.
I don't hate the Bible. I hate ignorance spread for theocratic reasons. I don't hate the Bible just as I don't hate the Hindu Vedas, the epic of Homer or the Egyptian Book of the Dead, which are all culturally and historically interesting.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>From creation to the flood, we were all herbivores. After the flood, Man and some creatures became omnivores and carnivores. There were no dietary laws at that time except for the prohibition against the consumption of blood, which means you don't eat meat raw. When the Messiah comes, "the wolf also shall dwell with the lamb" and creatures will no longer be predatory.
The fossil record does not support your contention, as our lineage had canines for a looooooong time.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So many correlation to causation fallacies.
To be fair in that post much of it is common sense, apart from painting all meat with just one brush-stroke. We already know junk food is bad for us, a fountain could get infected due to public use or maybe it was rusty and not totally safe to drink from. He could otherwise lead a healthy lifestyle, but highly I doubt it's because of his alt-med au natural BS.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
Those rules were for the people back then because they were hardheaded period!
The structural integrity of their heads is irrelevant to the fact the Bible supports slavery. It did then, it does now, it will in the future.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
O hai Dinoeater!
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
<quoted text>
There's things wrong with every theory. Take evolution for example, it's only capable of predicting protein function to 96% accuracy using evolutionary algorithms (as opposed to invisible Jewmagic theory whose accuracy reaches heights of 0%).
However there are far less things wrong with currently accepted scientific theories than evangelists say there are. That's because fundies are liars for Jesus.
<quoted text>
You mean where diseases are due to "sin", right? In the meantime science-based medicine has a far better track record than invisible Jew juice.
no I mean if we were vegetarian we wouldn't get sick as much. and lets not forget we did not have many STD's until recently because of homosexuality and adultery. but I guess people try to forget and make excuses.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
what are you so afraid that you were wrong don't worry we all make mistakes.
Yup. Even the people who wrote the Bible made mistakes. Don't worry, it's a natural human thing.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting for the right time? What is the "right time" to an immortal? After Satan takes a few more poor souls while Jesus just waits around in eternity sitting on his lazy azz?
no he's waiting for more people to know the truth he wants all of us to be saved but because of our hard hardheadedness it's taking a long time.*sigh*
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you people repeat the same thing. listen if you don't want to watch it it's fine but then you have no evidence to judge it false. and you cannot say I'm wrong it's that simple.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Even the people who wrote the Bible made mistakes. Don't worry, it's a natural human thing.
nope because god inspired the people to write it. although the modern translations are a different story. someone is messing with our bibles!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,861 - 87,880 of111,933
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••