Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 204809 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#92931 Jun 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, last time I checked your Constitution it was a secular democracy based on the principles of freedom and self-determination. It allows personal freedom, which includes whether or not to pay deference to your god, other gods, or none at all.
Sorry if you don't like it.
There's always Iran if you prefer a nice theocratic state to live in.
We are "One Nation Under God" don't like it leave. We also have "In God We Trust" on our money" get rid of it since it promotes lie. LMAO

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#92932 Jun 16, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God for that.
Neither do you, pal.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#92933 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
We are "One Nation Under God" don't like it leave. We also have "In God We Trust" on our money" get rid of it since it promotes lie. LMAO
Or perhaps work to change it so that it does not violate the constitution. Did you ever think about that?

Wait, I am asking replaytime to think. What am I doing?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#92934 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Forced into solid rock? Where do you come up with that? If they were left on the mountain and became fossils over time they are not forced into rock. LOL
Fossils were not "left on mountains".

You really have no clue, do you?

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#92935 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
In THIS country you are free to believe or not whatever you like. If you don't like it, YOU leave.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#92936 Jun 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Fossils were not "left on mountains".
You really have no clue, do you?
I said "Where do you come up with that? If they were left on the mountain and became fossils over time they are not forced into rock. LOL

"they"meaning marine plants and species marine were left on the mountain and as I said "became fossils". LMAO you are an idiot

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#92937 Jun 16, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
In THIS country you are free to believe or not whatever you like. If you don't like it, YOU leave.
This nation was founded on God not evolution of the ape. LOL

Level 9

Everett, WA

#92938 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "Where do you come up with that? If they were left on the mountain and became fossils over time they are not forced into rock. LOL
"they"meaning marine plants and species marine were left on the mountain and as I said "became fossils". LMAO you are an idiot
Wrong idiot. That is not how the fossils got on top of the mountain.

Seriously are you really this stupid?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#92939 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again moron. There is no mention of god in the Constitution.

You are conflating the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Not only do you direly need to learn some science is looks like you failed history too.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#92940 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, dummy. It was founded on freedom. Ask the English who fled the Church of England.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#92941 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Forced into solid rock? Where do you come up with that? If they were left on the mountain and became fossils over time they are not forced into rock. LOL
Here is your post again. Please note in responding to The Dud you clearly thought the animals were left on top of the mountains.

All I can say to that is "What a maroon!"

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#92942 Jun 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong idiot. That is not how the fossils got on top of the mountain.
Seriously are you really this stupid?
yes we know your evo fairy told you different and you believe it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#92943 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
yes we know your evo fairy told you different and you believe it.
Nope moron, I can take you to the top of any mountain made of sedimentary rock anywhere and show that you are wrong.

Of course we don't need to go all the way to the top if you are lazy, your claims will be debunked all the way up.

You truly are a moron. You have no clue and you pretend to have knowledge. What a joke.

No wonder you chickened out.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#92944 Jun 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again moron. There is no mention of god in the Constitution.
You are conflating the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
Not only do you direly need to learn some science is looks like you failed history too.
Hmmm the Declaration of Independence was written 20 years prior to the constitution. and it says

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's "God" entitles them...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are "created" equal. That they are endowed by their "Creator" with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#92945 Jun 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope moron, I can take you to the top of any mountain made of sedimentary rock anywhere and show that you are wrong.
Of course we don't need to go all the way to the top if you are lazy, your claims will be debunked all the way up.
You truly are a moron. You have no clue and you pretend to have knowledge. What a joke.
No wonder you chickened out.
Do you always ramble on like a spoilt little child trying to get his way or do I bring that out in you? LMMFAO

Level 9

Everett, WA

#92946 Jun 16, 2013
I am in a giving mood and will tell you how you have been an idiot.

Fossils are not found on top of rocks. They are part of the strata. For example quite a bit of limestone is made up of coral. Coral reefs grow extremely slowly. Millimeters per year. And yet we have deposits over one thousand feet thick. The fossilized coral is found all through the stratum, from top to bottom. The coral did not climb up the side of a mountain and die. The coral was not washed up to the top of a mountain. You can find mountains that are almost entirely limestone. Anywhere you break it open you will find coral in it.

These were deposited long before the mountains were built. When the whole area had a elevation of less than sea level.

Creatards cannot explain fossils without quickly running into facts that contradict their stories. That is not the case with evolution and geology. They form a coherent whole that creationism cannot.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#92947 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said. If you based a criminal case on what science sees as evidence no one would ever be found guilty because "scientific evidence of evolution" is not based on facts.
If they are using genetic evidence then they are using evolution, period.
replaytime wrote:
There are no facts in evolution evidence. It is all theory
Of course there's facts. Plenty of them. That's WHY it's a theory. Scientific theories are BASED on facts.

Or are you really dumb enough after all this time to be still using the "It's ONLY a THEORY" argument?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#92948 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh right. That must be WHY they're INSIDE the rock then instead of just lying on the top then.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#92949 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it does promote a lie. Since they were added on later by theocrats taking advantage of the Commie scare. You can show me all the bank notes you like but you can't point to Christianity in the Constitution. However I CAN point to religious freedom in the Constitution.

Don't like it? Then leave.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#92950 Jun 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are they inside rock? Otherwise your claim is that they were washed on top of the mountains which are then subsequently worn away by wind and rain erosion in just a few millenia leaving the wind-proof rain-proof fossils resting on top.

Which is uh, NOT the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 min Suezanne 33,160
A six word game (Dec '08) 1 min ImFree2Choose 19,659
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Sharlene45 197,346
Word Association (Mar '10) 7 min wichita-rick 21,088
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Rider on the Storm 19,748
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 15 min LaBeth 20,015
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 20 min LaBeth 59,725
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 54 min Crystal in Grey 8,819
More from around the web