Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#92886 Jun 15, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that the old testament was wrong It's all correct. what he said was since we don't have the original bible we cannot be sure that what the new ones say is correct.
and maybe if he appeared in modern times. but unfortunately they didn't have modern technology back then so yeah. and also why do you think every religion world wide has a some elements from the bible in them? because the bible is real.
So the Old Testament is correct but the translations aren't. But you don't HAVE the original Bible but you still know it's correct even though you don't have it, don't know what it says, couldn't even read it even if you did have it, and only have translations which are wrong and contradictory to scientific reality.

Oh, and not every religion has elements of the Bible, unless you refer to the extremely generic concept of invisible deities. In which case you could say that all religions have elements of the Aztec pantheon.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#92887 Jun 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is science. As such it makes no theological claims. All evolution does is scientifically demonstrate common ancestry. Fundies oppose science so they seek to replace science in science classes with religious apologetics. So while scientists in labs all across the world happily continue their research into evolutionary biology giving us medicine, vaccines and increased crop yields, science education in public schools is threatened by religious evangelicals who hate the science that gives them all their modern comforts.
yes medicines and vaccines which only temporarily heals us but then in the long run causes us more health problems so....yeah.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#92888 Jun 15, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
well the bible did say there would be plagues and diseases in the end time no? look at swine flu.
Despite the fact they were FAR more prevalent back then, before the age of medicine. In short, the Bible made "predictions" of what the world would be like based on what the world was like already.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#92889 Jun 15, 2013
toddy wrote:
<quoted text>
huh? I can create a lot of stuff without religion.
I think you meant to ask, "how can you have religion without creation?" That would be a much better and more interesting question. That would put us in the realm of considering religion as something Other than an answer or explanation about where we came from. Which, in fact, it is to most people. Most Christians stopped caring about where they came from when they realized the bible and other media could not really answer this question. Neither can you, neither can "science." Btw, science is not as innocent or predictable as most people think either. Lots of things happen in the scientific world that there is no explanation for. Some of it is very scary.
Yes, VERY scary...

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#92890 Jun 15, 2013
Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
easy
once upon a time long ago space was extremely small then for some random reason it expanded. and then molecules started mixing together to form proteins which bonded together to form life. then that life for some strange reason felt like it had to evolve and said to itself " I HAVE THE POWER" and boom it grew other organs and body parts.
Now don't forget that "one" life formation that science says we ALL came from evolved into an estimated 10 million different spieces of plants, animals, fungi, bacteria ect ect.

“What's your story? Nevermind.”

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

none of my business.

#92891 Jun 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite the fact they were FAR more prevalent back then, before the age of medicine. In short, the Bible made "predictions" of what the world would be like based on what the world was like already.
It made predictions not knowing how advanced we would become.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#92892 Jun 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends. Has it made you more susceptible to fundie apologetics?
Not really. But it has opened my mind to washing my next load of laundry in cold water.

You know how scalp wounds are.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#92893 Jun 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
ah but you cannot prove there were more diseases back then. you are just basing that off the fact that they had little knowledge of modern technology.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#92894 Jun 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We can only see them until the duplicate is removed. The only ones that are removed that we CAN see are when we've made posts with naughty words in them (or what the automated software perceives as naughty words in them). But clearing your cookies will make them disappear too.
One of the reasons I rarely use icky words.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#92895 Jun 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Old Testament is correct but the translations aren't. But you don't HAVE the original Bible but you still know it's correct even though you don't have it, don't know what it says, couldn't even read it even if you did have it, and only have translations which are wrong and contradictory to scientific reality.
Oh, and not every religion has elements of the Bible, unless you refer to the extremely generic concept of invisible deities. In which case you could say that all religions have elements of the Aztec pantheon.
It's called learning 2 languages.
many of them talk about a flood or something like that but no I didn't mean the deities because we only have one while mostly all of the others have more than one.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#92896 Jun 15, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Now don't forget that "one" life formation that science says we ALL came from evolved into an estimated 10 million different spieces of plants, animals, fungi, bacteria ect ect.
ah good one.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#92897 Jun 15, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
It made predictions not knowing how advanced we would become.
ah but even with all the technologies we still can barely handle the diseases.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

#92898 Jun 15, 2013
well I'll be back next Friday so yeah....unless I evolve wings and take a trip around world. all I have to do is think "I HAVE THE POOOWWWEEER" ah ah ah.
so yeah bye everyone.

Level 5

#92899 Jun 15, 2013
It is amusing to watch the evolutionists and science dance when they say the great flood never happened. Then someone says then why are there fossils of marine animals and plants found high on the peaks of the mountains. Well they debunk that by saying that the mountains formed over millions of years protruding up out of the earth as the plates shift, or lava pushing up from below, or huge blocks of rock that have slid along a fault and have risen all taking fossils up with them. But yet when you say “but science says” mountains were formed when the earth’s surface began to cool and harden. They then say yes “they did” but over time those mountains were worn away by the action of wind, rain, frost and other such natural forces. So the ones we have now are newer and still growing. LMAO they have no clue of anything.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#92900 Jun 15, 2013
replaytime wrote:
It is amusing to watch the evolutionists and science dance when they say the great flood never happened. Then someone says then why are there fossils of marine animals and plants found high on the peaks of the mountains. Well they debunk that by saying that the mountains formed over millions of years protruding up out of the earth as the plates shift, or lava pushing up from below, or huge blocks of rock that have slid along a fault and have risen all taking fossils up with them. But yet when you say “but science says” mountains were formed when the earth’s surface began to cool and harden. They then say yes “they did” but over time those mountains were worn away by the action of wind, rain, frost and other such natural forces. So the ones we have now are newer and still growing. LMAO they have no clue of anything.
The fossils on top of mountains does not match what the various flood geologies would predict.

Really, are you that ignorant?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#92901 Jun 15, 2013
replaytime, you have no clue what "science says"

Your terrible ignorance is your own worst enemy.

Instead of making foolish assumptions you should be educating yourself a bit more.

Level 5

#92902 Jun 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Instead of making foolish assumptions you should be educating yourself a bit more.
I suggest you educate yourself more and quit sucking the science lollypop and only getting spoon fed theories. OH yes we know you have evidence to support that evidence because someone has said the theory has to be true, I did the same study and got the same conclusion. You have no facts. If you based a criminal case on what science sees as evidence no one would ever be found guilty because scientific evidence of evolution is not based on facts.
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

#92903 Jun 15, 2013
Can Any Lion-Faced Serpent' Out There Confirm These Allegations...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FfetiF7C9vo/R65XaKR...

Level 5

#92904 Jun 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Oh why you are at it why don't you explain this one. "Science says that "one" life formation that came from non-life is where we ALL came from and amazingly it evolved into an estimated 10 million different spieces of plants, animals, fungi, bacteria ect ect. Isn't that as far fetched as God. I mean "one" life formed from non-living matter evolved into around 10million (probably more) different species! JUST AMAZING!!!!!
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#92905 Jun 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>The fossils on top of mountains does not match what the various flood geologies would predict.

Really, are you that ignorant?
They are pretty poor predictors. Sh;t man the fossils are there! From water being above that land.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 2 min Old Sam 6,976
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 min Old Sam 26,719
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 min Mega Monster 7,733
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 5 min Old Sam 30,032
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 6 min andet1987 55,299
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 7 min Old Sam 4,008
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 11 min Old Sam 2,996
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 24 min -Lea- 25,829
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 37 min -Lea- 58
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 44 min toad4754 2,987