Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
87,841 - 87,860 of 114,618 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

wait why did it show twice? i'm pretty sure I didn't click it twice. cursed computer.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim.
But it doesn't matter, since the human factor will be a problem God inspired or no.
<quoted text>
Not just modern translations, ANY translation. And problem is no-one has access to the original anymore. All that's left is a scrap of cloth the size of your hand. Then add to that you're not able to read the original language anyway.
Hence why all you know is the modern version, complete with all its mistakes such as Adam and Eve, talking lizards and donkeys, plants before sun, global flood and flat square circular Earth.
no everything you mentioned there is from the old testament. the Jews have the original old testament.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
wait why did it show twice? i'm pretty sure I didn't click it twice. cursed computer.
Topix deletes duplicates. You can still see 'em, but nobody else can.
ALICIA BANKS

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

religion is blind faith

science is universally proven

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732805550/the-go...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
no I mean if we were vegetarian we wouldn't get sick as much. and lets not forget we did not have many STD's until recently because of homosexuality and adultery. but I guess people try to forget and make excuses.
Pffft! most vegetarians only last for a few years.

when are you refering to that we had fewer STDs? how does homosexuality cause STDs?

quite the fantasy world you have invented for yourself...
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Topix deletes duplicates. You can still see 'em, but nobody else can.
ah thanks im new here so i wouldn't know ha ha ha.(epic fail)
toddy

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Why does it always go to religion? Is evolutionism a religion now or what? It's almost as if they are trying to disprove creation rather than teach science. I don't think it disproves creation at all...I mean, someone/thing had to create this "tree of life" or "common ape-like ancestor" right? Or at least create the elements that set things into motion. Nothing evolves from nothing. Yes, you can quote me on that

You all do know that Darwin was a Christian, right? He even strengthened his faith in God after his research because it only proved to him that we humans know absolutely nothing on the grandest scale.

Why don't you all just tell the real truth and admit that you have no idea about where we came from? What does evolution prove?? Anything at all other than, things change when they have to? DUH! You call that a theory?
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

ALICIA BANKS wrote:
religion is blind faith
science is universally proven
http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732805550/the-go...
maybe in a parallel universe it is.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
ah thanks im new here so i wouldn't know ha ha ha.(epic fail)
Yer welcome.

Been there, done that.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Pffft! most vegetarians only last for a few years.
when are you refering to that we had fewer STDs? how does homosexuality cause STDs?
quite the fantasy world you have invented for yourself...
in my history class we were watching this video about america (i think it was the 80s) in one part it said that is type of std (forgot which one) first began with homosexuals and transexuals. I did not invent it if you want to complain to someone blame the public school and history.
oh and the only ones that last a few years are the ones doing it wrong.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
no everything you mentioned there is from the old testament. the Jews have the original old testament.
like the New testament is better? a savior that is a total copy from previous religious cults in just about every aspect of his life from the virgin birht to the resurrection?

funny how no one wrote about this god when he was alive. if they actually believed he was a god, or even capable of miracles, they would have wrote down every syllable he uttered, they would have saved his used tissues, they would have sold t-shirts with his picture on it....

none of this happened because they made up the fantastic events of his life from previous cult myths after he died...

“What's your story? Nevermind.”

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

none of my business.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
no I mean if we were vegetarian we wouldn't get sick as much. and lets not forget we did not have many STD's until recently because of homosexuality and adultery. but I guess people try to forget and make excuses.
I agree with "The Dude" on this. meat is good for you. Now you can call me an oddball but I don't and never have eaten fruit. Just don't like it. Vegetables other than potatoes and beans, maybe one serving a month. My diet is meat(any kind but liver), beans, potatoes, bread and pasta's. I am 48 years old been sick twice in the last 30 years (1993 pneumonia and 2004 ear infection).

As far as STD's (gonorrhea, syphilis and chlamydia) well if you look at this CDC link by you can see that teens and early 20's have the highest percent, I am guessing because they are more active and also it shows the older a person gets the less percent they make up. And I am also guessing that most of the cases have nothing to do with homosexuality and adultery.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/health-disparities/age...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

toddy wrote:
Why does it always go to religion? Is evolutionism a religion now or what? It's almost as if they are trying to disprove creation rather than teach science. I don't think it disproves creation at all...I mean, someone/thing had to create this "tree of life" or "common ape-like ancestor" right? Or at least create the elements that set things into motion. Nothing evolves from nothing. Yes, you can quote me on that
You all do know that Darwin was a Christian, right? He even strengthened his faith in God after his research because it only proved to him that we humans know absolutely nothing on the grandest scale.
Why don't you all just tell the real truth and admit that you have no idea about where we came from? What does evolution prove?? Anything at all other than, things change when they have to? DUH! You call that a theory?
ummmm...how can you have creation without religion?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
in my history class we were watching this video about america (i think it was the 80s) in one part it said that is type of std (forgot which one) first began with homosexuals and transexuals. I did not invent it if you want to complain to someone blame the public school and history.
what does that have to do with history class? must have been one sucky school, huh?

yet you feel confident making this claim off some video you can't name and some STD you can't remember? sounds kind of silly when put in the light of day, doesn't it?
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>like the New testament is better? a savior that is a total copy from previous religious cults in just about every aspect of his life from the virgin birht to the resurrection?
funny how no one wrote about this god when he was alive. if they actually believed he was a god, or even capable of miracles, they would have wrote down every syllable he uttered, they would have saved his used tissues, they would have sold t-shirts with his picture on it....
none of this happened because they made up the fantastic events of his life from previous cult myths after he died...
I never said that the old testament was wrong It's all correct. what he said was since we don't have the original bible we cannot be sure that what the new ones say is correct.
and maybe if he appeared in modern times. but unfortunately they didn't have modern technology back then so yeah. and also why do you think every religion world wide has a some elements from the bible in them? because the bible is real.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
In the U.S. when AIDS first appeared it was mostly a homosexual and drug users disease. That was not the case in Africa. The same disease in Africa is a heterosexual disease. The disease is neither hetero or homo sexual, it is behavior that causes the spread of AIDS, not sexuality.

AIDS is a disease that came from "bushmeat". Monkeys and apes killed for food. Blood to blood contact was the cause, not sex with monkeys.

Meanwhile all of the classic venereal diseases have been around for ages.
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what does that have to do with history class? must have been one sucky school, huh?
yet you feel confident making this claim off some video you can't name and some STD you can't remember? sounds kind of silly when put in the light of day, doesn't it?
I think it was aids....maybe
I put it in the light of day because it happened even though i can't remember the details but I'll try to find out.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
It is health. not new age. and he cites the bible only sometimes. so stop making excuses it's not about religion it's health. what are you so afraid that you were wrong don't worry we all make mistakes.
It's "new age" garbage. Relabeling it does not change the source. Scientifically a balanced diet of meats and veggies results in the healthiest life, that's been demonstrated, not just made up like yours.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Gravity (and concrete) challenged the structural integrity of my skull just yesterday.
But that's probably irrelevant.

Trying guess which one is harder, I guessing your head because lol j/k hahahah I' glad you didn't crack that concrete too bad!
Dinoeater

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
In the U.S. when AIDS first appeared it was mostly a homosexual and drug users disease. That was not the case in Africa. The same disease in Africa is a heterosexual disease. The disease is neither hetero or homo sexual, it is behavior that causes the spread of AIDS, not sexuality.
AIDS is a disease that came from "bushmeat". Monkeys and apes killed for food. Blood to blood contact was the cause, not sex with monkeys.
Meanwhile all of the classic venereal diseases have been around for ages.
well the bible did say there would be plagues and diseases in the end time no? look at swine flu.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••