Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,392)

Showing posts 87,821 - 87,840 of112,800
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>where did they come up with the lower aggression levels in religiously affiliated patients?
what does the them being former soviet states have to do with it? probably the horrid economic conditions there had more to do with it than any religion...
There is a small connection to social and economic status with suicides. However the social status has the strongest connection.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what particular religion you are, but there are very few religions whose adherents haven't killed in the name of their beliefs. The big three, Judaism, Christianity and Islam have the most blood on their hands.
<quoted text>
yes the bible condones slavery, it even allows a man to sell his daughter into slavery
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare,'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.(Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)
well if you want to know I am seventh day Adventist.
and you didn't read the webpage I posted did you?
well the bible was stating laws that were in place back then. when Jesus was crucified those were no longer in effect heres a verse to prove it:

1 Corinthians 7:21-23

New International Version (NIV)

21 Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings.

If you don't know the bible then don't try to find fault in it. to know something you cannot look at one dot but look at the whole picture.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a small connection to social and economic status with suicides. However the social status has the strongest connection.
I chose you "Ditto" ha ha get it?
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

umm forget the last post I replied to the wrong one it was supposed to be a rply to the one before that ha ha sorry.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
umm forget the last post I replied to the wrong one it was supposed to be a rply to the one before that ha ha sorry.
But I did get it. ;) Can't wait until X/Y is released! 4 months!
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

now my turn for a counterattack. you guys believe that there are three diets right? carnivore herbivore and omnivore right? what if I told you the bible says that the basic diet was vegetarian?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
now my turn for a counterattack. you guys believe that there are three diets right? carnivore herbivore and omnivore right? what if I told you the bible says that the basic diet was vegetarian?
Then we have the wrong teeth and wrong digestive system. We do nee proteins in meat to survive, and fats in meat to remain healthy. Another failure in the bible.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we have the wrong teeth and wrong digestive system. We do nee proteins in meat to survive, and fats in meat to remain healthy. Another failure in the bible.
wrong! gee hee we can get our proteins from nuts and seeds. Flax seed (if I remember correctly) had way more protein than meat. and pandas eat bamboo yet they have sharp teeth.
and here are videos to learn more:
http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/c/7/Life%20at%20...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong! gee hee we can get our proteins from nuts and seeds. Flax seed (if I remember correctly) had way more protein than meat. and pandas eat bamboo yet they have sharp teeth.
and here are videos to learn more:
http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/c/7/Life%20at%20...
"New age" garbage is not based on scientific evidence and does not help anyone. It's just more snake oil.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

actually eating meat is bad for you especially today with all the hormones and stuff. but ellen g. white did predict this back then that we wouldn't be able to eat meat or dairy nowadays and she was right. milk is even worse than meat though ever since i've stopped drinking milk my asthma went away that was really annoying when playing sports in gym class.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Kings 21:6 ESV
And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.
2Chronicles 33:6 ESV
And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.
Deuteronomy 18:10 ESV
There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer
////////::
I would stone them also.
But you think they don't deserve that you think that's normal behavior to burn children alive to worship Satan.
So stoning disobedient kids to death is okay but burning them isn't. Oh, and anyone who has psychic powers or turns other people into newts must also be killed.

Good stuff. Just making sure that you really are nutty as a fruitcake.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
"New age" garbage is not based on scientific evidence and does not help anyone. It's just more snake oil.
thats definitely not new age my friend just go to the website and watch the videos the guy talking is from my religion. also the bible goes way back so it has nothing to do with new age. also we are against the new age movement.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
Hello all I'm back like I said i would. and we don't hate education what we hate is you guys making up stuff like evolution and big bang and saying you have proven it correct when you actually haven't.
We haven't "proven" gravity correct either, but you don't ever mention that one.

Problem is that scientific reality you don't like is rejected for religious reasons, not scientific ones. So while we CAN demonstrate the Big Bang and evolution make successful scientific predictions, you guys in turn are guilty of what you accuse us of - making stuff up. In your case you make up lies about these scientific concepts you don't like for religious reasons and use it to ruin education for everyone else's kids and not just your own.

Which is stupid AND illegal.
Dinoeater wrote:
and I agree with you religion is not science but the bible is like humanities history book.
No it isn't. It's like any other religious book. It gets some stuff correct. It gets some other stuff wrong. While most the rest can't be proven either way because it's about frakking magic.
Dinoeater wrote:
and since god created the universe science follows the bible you people just look away and and say I dont see anything and since I don't its false.
Actually we DON'T look away, we look DIRECTLY AT THE BIBLE, and THAT is how we determine it's false when we compare it to reality.

Plants didn't come before the sun.

The Earth is not a flat square circle at the center of the universe.

Adam and Eve didn't exist.

Lizards and donkey's don't talk.

There was no global flood.

So yes, when I say you absolutely positively unequivocally HATE education I mean that you absolutely positively unequivocally HATE education, with a firey passion.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So stoning disobedient kids to death is okay but burning them isn't. Oh, and anyone who has psychic powers or turns other people into newts must also be killed.
Good stuff. Just making sure that you really are nutty as a fruitcake.
yeah I agree with you here maybe in the past since it was different. but it cannot be allowed today whoever kills another person cannot be considered christian. Unless you repent and never do it again. but that doesn't mean you can go and kill anybody you hate only if that person is trying to do harm to you or somebody else. but it is better if you try not to kill them.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
actually eating meat is bad for you especially today with all the hormones and stuff. but ellen g. white did predict this back then that we wouldn't be able to eat meat or dairy nowadays and she was right. milk is even worse than meat though ever since i've stopped drinking milk my asthma went away that was really annoying when playing sports in gym class.
Yeah, not it's not. First, a dairy allergy is very common, you should have that checked in case it worsens with age, otherwise you'll have to avoid all cheese as well as most prepared foods, oh, and fruit smoothies. Nothing to do with hormones.

The worst case with the hormones are all cosmetic changes, healthy males growing breasts, healthy women growing facial hair, nothing that actually decreases the health. But then, there are no more hormones in the meats than have been used in the past. Now we can even test the levels accurately, and the FDA does. The one thing the FDA does correctly is catch potential food problems, in spite of the media hype. The FDA is more strict, and tests products themselves, on food. However, since they cannot test every bit of it, there are things like e-coli that can get past the screening occasionally. For drugs they suck at their job, because they use independent test results instead of doing it themselves.

But, we don't see healthy men growing breasts, and healthy women with beards everywhere.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
thats definitely not new age my friend just go to the website and watch the videos the guy talking is from my religion. also the bible goes way back so it has nothing to do with new age. also we are against the new age movement.
It's "new age," that is the category and no, your bibles are wrong, not to mention the bibles only say specific meats not "all" meats. There is a lot of red meat served up in the bible even. Cain was a vegan, and look where that got him.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly do not believe an Atheist based nation would ever afford it's people freedom of religion.
Go back and read my post again. You will notice this time that I NEVER advocated an atheist state in the first place. You also missed the point that a theocratic state doesn't afford its people the same thing either, so you have NO cause for complaint.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Even in American Schools Atheist with power do not permit conversations about an Intelligent Design of Earth or The Universe. I don't think they could handle power.
That's not atheists holding power since the power comes from the US CONSTITUTION, a document which is neither theistic or atheistic. The REASON why ID is not allowed to be promoted in public schools is because it's anti-science religious apologetics, specifically designed for theocrats to sneak past the US Constitution. So we KNOW you fundies can't handle the power because you CONSTANTLY ABUSE that power.

IDC COULD be taught in a comparative religions class, where ALL views are given equal time. But the day a fundie could teach such a class in an objective and honest manner would be the day Jesus comes back.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
Oh, great. You're another SDA nut.

Just remember while your second best buddy Ellen G White was making all sorts of "amazing predictions" that she also TOTALLY FAILED to predict the Second Coming.

Twice.

And then she died.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you're against the New Age movement, but your offshoot of Christianity was already New Age BS back then. Which is why they've adopted some of this New Age "alternative medicine" garbage today because they can't even tell the difference between what's "New Age" and what isn't in the first place.

Basically you have just a few categories to throw anything you hate into:

1 - "Atheism". Non-religious, non-believers, and anything to do with most science you don't like. Which is most science.

2 - "Infidels/blasphemers ". Religions not of your own, Muslims, Hindi, Sikh, Jews, Arabs of any stripe or any other non-atheistic beliefs that inevitably clash with yours.

3 - "New Age". Any weird shite you don't understand (which you have not already adopted yourself), whether it be pseudo-science or not. Examples include Yoga, quantum physics, or quantum woo.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of those Christians become atheist probably because of the hell thing. But hell does not exist its a made up thing the catholic church invented. when a person dies they are dead as the saying goes "dead men tell no tales"
Now what do you mean i'm a fool if I think Christianity and evolution are incompatible? are you drunk? of course they are incompatible if you guys believe humans are decedents of monkeys and we believe that humans were created by god then its like pouring water into fire. ether the water evaporates or the fire extinguishes you can only have one or the other. and if you are talking about god creating animals and them evolving well now you are just pathetic. making up a fairytale just to satisfy both sides.
That is not the belief of most Christians. Not even most Christians in the U.S..

Seriously, you need to do better than that. Even in America most Christians believe that we evolved, though they believe we evolved with God's help. That means they believe we shared a common ancestor with the other apes.

Do you need to see the statistics?

By the way, most Christians realize that the only fairy tales are the ones that you are trying to spread by saying Genesis is real.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,821 - 87,840 of112,800
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

118 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Woman Busted After Posting Selfie in Stolen Dress 3 min Big Back Yard 20
Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old mother of five for ... 6 min Man Della 16
A six word game (Dec '08) 6 min Junket 17,219
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 min SLACK 34,925
Word Association (Mar '10) 26 min Bezeer 15,679
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 26 min whatimeisit 25,547
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min curiouslu 141,197
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 2 hr NorCal Native 15,581
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr ghost 14,786