Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,390)

Showing posts 87,781 - 87,800 of111,944
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists say that evolution is not about proving the bible wrong or saying there is no God. But that is all you do. You argue how God is a myth and the bible is all lies 10x's more than you do about trying to show evolution is true. So you must be full of crap and just come here to argue with the creationists. Yes isn't logic fun. LOL
What's an "evolutionist"?

Is that like a "gravitationist" or a "relativist"?

“What's your story? Nevermind.”

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

none of my business.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL That isn't saying anything about morals.
WOW your so right. The first paragraph says " it was found that greater MORAL objections to suicide and lower aggression level in religiously affiliated subjects may function as protective factors against suicide attempts".

You should try reading it before you belittle it. It does say "moral objections" not "objections from morons" like you. LMAO.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no the bible clearly says god said it is OK to kill people who do not believe in him..
and that you can have slaves. and that you can kill homosexuals.
the god your cult invented is no god. a criminal perhaps, but no god.
"they'll call you a radical, a liberal, a fanatical and a criminal" Supertramp.

Level 2

none of my business.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Looks like kindergarten class is on recess. Macumazahn, Woodtick and Aura Mytha what time do they lay you all down for naptime? That way I can come back and talk when the adults are here and you kiddies are gone. LOL

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
And this proves my point. I am not a creationists but yet you want to argue with me about the bible. Did something happen in your life that you blame God for so that is where all your hatred of him comes from? IF so,,, get over it!! If it just that your an evolutionists then you might try promoting that more and projecting about God less if you want to make a point to them.
Well that's logical. What is the title of the thread and what is the presumption of Creationism solely based upon? Seems to me Woodtick was agreeing with you on the validity of the Bible. The argument stems comes from you apparently being "tolerant" of teaching ignorance to school children. I do not find that a position of higher moral ground.
Religion is faith based, it doesn't make any difference how much evidence and logic you put forth, the devout will skip over it and trot out some deluded crackpot from the CARM, the Discovery Institute or AIG who might happen to have letters behind his name.
At the end of the day, no one is going to change the opinion of someone who is unwilling to be reasonable. 99% of the people on Topix are just here for the amusement, anyway.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that suicide is considered a sin and a one-way ticket to hell might have something to do with it.
This just further proves that Christian theology is invalid. You can still go to heaven if you murder someone but taking your own life is unforgiveable? That makes absolutely no sense and I believe the opposite. Murder is one of the deadly sins but suicide is not an eternal death sentence.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
What is even funnier about you is the fact how you use the judging icons like it gives you power. You remind me of Kitty. The judging icons always get burnt up when one or both of you are in a thread, and no one else is even posting. OH please stop I am melting. LMMFAO
I've never used them even once...

you are looking foolish....again...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"they'll call you a radical, a liberal, a fanatical and a criminal" Supertramp.
I was not aware that a pop music group was where you take your theological cues from...

good to know.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

GLXGT wrote:
Looks like kindergarten class is on recess. Macumazahn, Woodtick and Aura Mytha what time do they lay you all down for naptime? That way I can come back and talk when the adults are here and you kiddies are gone. LOL
seems like the kiddies made you look like an ass that has no idea what he is talking about...i wouldn't try the adult pages if I were you...

Level 2

none of my business.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's logical. What is the title of the thread and what is the presumption of Creationism solely based upon? Seems to me Woodtick was agreeing with you on the validity of the Bible. The argument stems comes from you apparently being "tolerant" of teaching ignorance to school children. I do not find that a position of higher moral ground.
Religion is faith based, it doesn't make any difference how much evidence and logic you put forth, the devout will skip over it and trot out some deluded crackpot from the CARM, the Discovery Institute or AIG who might happen to have letters behind his name.
At the end of the day, no one is going to change the opinion of someone who is unwilling to be reasonable. 99% of the people on Topix are just here for the amusement, anyway.
If someone wants to live their life believing in something that is not true that is their choice. Not up to me, you or anyone to tell them they are stupid and wrong. Like you said no one is going to change the opinion of someone who is unwilling to be reasonable.

Level 2

none of my business.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>seems like the kiddies made you look like an ass that has no idea what he is talking about...i wouldn't try the adult pages if I were you...
You must have already been napping to dream that up. LOL

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone wants to live their life believing in something that is not true that is their choice. Not up to me, you or anyone to tell them they are stupid and wrong. Like you said no one is going to change the opinion of someone who is unwilling to be reasonable.
again, back to article you are posting about...

no dream, just you looking foolish again.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

GLXGT wrote:
Dinna be daft, wee'un.

Why is cloning wrong again?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

GLXGT wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW your so right. The first paragraph says " it was found that greater MORAL objections to suicide and lower aggression level in religiously affiliated subjects may function as protective factors against suicide attempts".
You should try reading it before you belittle it. It does say "moral objections" not "objections from morons" like you. LMAO.
The problem is that you saying it, or it saying it has to do with morals , doesn't make it have anything to do with morals.
It only means you and it are saying it does.

I'm saying it doesn't have anything to do with morals.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I was not aware that a pop music group was where you take your theological cues from...
good to know.
"The Lord is my Rock, my strength and my song" Supertramp is the Rock that begat me "Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful" Deut. 32:18. There is also an album, Shaved Fish by John Lennon and a song, Maggie Mae by Rod Stewart. John Lennon is the king of Rock and roll and the voice from heaven said "Wake up Maggie" and then the song played on the radio. That was on Mothers Day, Sunday morning May 13, 1984.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that you saying it, or it saying it has to do with morals , doesn't make it have anything to do with morals.
It only means you and it are saying it does.
I'm saying it doesn't have anything to do with morals.
Bizackly.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Your religion is responsible for that, all religions are, your religion just as much.
No, freedom if choice is to blame.

Quack Quack.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, it is commanded in the bible that anyone accused of being a "witch," another made up thing, is to be killed. Most of your kind claimed that meant burning them alive, men, women, and children, and they did just that during the Inquisition and Salem witch hunts, probably many more throughout history.
You like people that burn their kids alive.

I have no problem following Gods word to stone these people. Although I would prefer to burn them alive as they did to the children.

2 Kings 21:6 ESV

And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

2Chronicles 33:6 ESV

And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

Deuteronomy 18:10 ESV

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Are you on drugs? My 5 kids are all grown up now, and can prolly whoop my azz, besides it's a being a very bad idea. I like my freedom to much to trade it for prison walls.
So why then do you have issues against Stoning parents that burnt their children alive in worshiping Satan?

And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So you are making excuses for burning people alive, you still support stoning children.
Got that backwards

Quack Quack

The Witches burnt children alive so they were stoned. Not the other way around Dolt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,781 - 87,800 of111,944
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••